Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    How many weeks have you left before mat leave? That might make you feel better :)

I just tried to deal with my out of control lady garden area and it proved very difficult. Bump meant that I couldn't see what I was doing. God knows what it looks like now! The awkwardness of pregnancy! Are most of you planning to get a wax before your due date or just go au natural? The midwife told us that we did not need to shave or anything but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that!

11 weeks to go! ha! makes me feel a lot better :D

hahaha i was just thinking about mine the other day!! i don't know what i'm doing to do for the birth! knowing me i'll just forget or be too lazy! although the pain (it would be my first time getting waxed) could spur on labour :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I just tried to deal with my out of control lady garden area and it proved very difficult. Bump meant that I couldn't see what I was doing. God knows what it looks like now! The awkwardness of pregnancy! Are most of you planning to get a wax before your due date or just go au natural? The midwife told us that we did not need to shave or anything but I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that!

It is impossible to even see down there to shave in the end and the last thing on my mind with no1 was how groomed I was, it was the obstetricians short stubby fingers, nearly showed UFC fighters how to do one hell of a head lock with my thighs that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

loubian wrote: »
    11 weeks to go! ha! makes me feel a lot better :D

hahaha i was just thinking about mine the other day!! i don't know what i'm doing to do for the birth! knowing me i'll just forget or be too lazy! although the pain (it would be my first time getting waxed) could spur on labour :P

Ha ha, this just made me laugh out loud!!!! I was thinking something very similar only this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lol - not sure waxing is on the list of things to bring on labour but maybe we should all test it out!

A girl I worked with was telling me about her sister - when she was was getting stitched up by the (female) doctor after giving birth the consultant said "pff, you could have least have shaved"! :eek: I would have slapped her!

I think I will get a wax - I used to do it all the time but stopped since getting pregnant. I know when you had your period etc it did make you feel cleaner etc to be waxed so I'd imagine it might make me feel better when I'm in labour and anything that helps is welcome!

Lol - not sure waxing is on the list of things to bring on labour but maybe we should all test it out!

A girl I worked with was telling me about her sister - when she was was getting stitched up by the (female) doctor after giving birth the consultant said "pff, you could have least have shaved"! :eek: I would have slapped her!

I think I will get a wax - I used to do it all the time but stopped since getting pregnant. I know when you had your period etc it did make you feel cleaner etc to be waxed so I'd imagine it might make me feel better when I'm in labour and anything that helps is welcome!

I would have told her I could see why she was in that particular medical profession, she clearly had a lot in common with the area of anatomy she was dealing with! Cheeky cow!

Why is it the thought of waxing there scares me more than pushing a baby out of there!

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I would have told her I could see why she was in that particular medical profession, she clearly had a lot in common with the area of anatomy she was dealing with! Cheeky cow!

Why is it the thought of waxing there scares me more than pushing a baby out of there!

It's pretty undignified and painful so they do have a lot in common! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You're not supposed to shave prior as you may cut yourself a little and if it's at the part where they do the section they might have to make the cut higher up and it would be more noticable. Waxing's grand though, I hear.

It's pretty undignified and painful so they do have a lot in common! :)

I think the fact one has to happen (childbirth) and the other being elective pain is a lot to do with it too, but it scares me!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I think the fact one has to happen (childbirth) and the other being elective pain is a lot to do with it too, but it scares me!

I know - every time I used to be lying on the table I would be thinking I'm paying for this and doing it voluntarily. What is wrong with me?!!

Given the difficulties today I don't think I'll be able for shaving anyway in 10 weeks time but glad that waxing is ok - think I'll go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Liffeyrumours

I'm having the same predicament regarding that area! Have let it go to rack and feckin ruin lately!
    My sis has recommended going over with Veet a week before getting waxed...she says it's way easier.
    Gonna give it a go at some stage...have been procrastinating for about a month!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I've got veet so might give it a go.

My mam told me in her day the nurses used to dry shave you before. Eeek!!! As you'd expect it was very painful.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Veet burns me at the best of times. With my skin the way it is during pregnancy I reckon I'd be in bits. :pac:

Yeah. Reckon I'll do what I did last time and be a hairy mary.

Is there a veet especially for down below? Or is it just the regular one?

Dry shave

/shudders

I used Veet this afternoon but did a test patch first, even though I use it regularly on my legs etc as with pregnancy you just don't know. It was fine, but I did get a bit of the inside of my arm while I was doing it and it stung a little bit so I would definitely recommend testing it out first, even if you normally have no problems. I don't think there's a special down there one. I just used the tube that comes with the spatula.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Dry shave

/shudders

I used Veet this afternoon but did a test patch first, even though I use it regularly on my legs etc as with pregnancy you just don't know. It was fine, but I did get a bit of the inside of my arm while I was doing it and it stung a little bit so I would definitely recommend testing it out first, even if you normally have no problems. I don't think there's a special down there one. I just used the tube that comes with the spatula.

I think it's a bikini:underarm hair one I have?
    Used it just time & def be doing again - could not be dealing with them shaving me! I try to keep it a couple inches below section scar which is v low!! CID of it was a section again they'd have to choice but to!
    The rest of the area I might just trim! I do it in front of a mirror cos haven't been able see those bits in a long time!!!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I waxed and was glad of it. No regrowth while you heal and no stubble. I felt it was easier to feel clean afterwards, because you usually bleed for a couple of weeks (I was 3 weeks) and if you are not used to using towels you feel a bit ick.

Don't use veet strips, they are much more painful than a salon wax, and you could hurt yourself. The veet cream also should not be used in that area, it's too easy to miss a bit and end up with a chemical burn.

A salon wax is the least painful.

I hate my job. 11 weeks to go. I have to keep repeating that :( as I mentioned above, two weeks working on a project n I dont even get a thank you! I'd to do something for one of the partners, stayed late to do it n didnt get a thank you, just "come back to me tomorrow about it" n I bet when I do, it'll be wrong or not the way he wants it. I can't help but start get emotional after dealing wh him so I know tomorrow is gonna be a bad day :( maybe I can ring in sick??

You poor thing! Nothing like the dread you feel when something's going ****ty in work!
    If you're really not feeling well, you're stressed and you feel it's affecting your mental health then maybe you should look at taking a couple of days off to regroup. Could you go to your GP and discuss it? They'd surely give you a cert so there'd be no issues then.

Or do what the world expects you to do and grin and bear it...:(

You poor thing! Nothing like the dread you feel when something's going ****ty in work!
    If you're really not feeling well, you're stressed and you feel it's affecting your mental health then maybe you should look at taking a couple of days off to regroup. Could you go to your GP and discuss it? They'd surely give you a cert so there'd be no issues then.

Or do what the world expects you to do and grin and bear it...:(

I was trying since i woke at 6am to think of an excuse not to go in. I couldn't and am in work now. I know i'll be fighting with the urge to ask to home all day now. It sounds tempting going to my doctor but i would feel guilty as there's a lot of pressure in here at the moment trying to get year end accounts finished and stuff. I just don't want to have to deal with him and start crying. I was quite upset about it last night and this morning. I hate dreading coming in to work. The only guy in here i could talk to is my step dad and i don't really want to bring him into it. And I can't really go in and say "oh he rolled his eyes at me so i got upset"... i know i could say about whole situation but once i even start thinking about it, the tears come... :( oh silly hormones :(

Ah you poor pet! I know the feeling of getting upset over nothing.
    I got my eyebrows threaded for the 1st time and practically had a breakdown afterwards a few weeks ago!
    My mam was a bit harsh with me and I couldn't talk from sobbing...
    It's mental! You're not alone!

Try to imagine him with no clothes on...I've heard that helps :)

• Advertisement

Ended up going home, couldn't handle being in there sick n upset! In bed now wh a book n some tea!

Relax and enjoy loubian

Oooh lovely! Can't wait to get outta here!
    Hope you feel better soon loubian x

Ggrrr...went to dunnes stores this afternoon to get a few bits and pieces including rennies. I had two packs and they would only let me have one!!! Seriously! I've never heard of this before and I've often bought 3 boxes from the same dunnes as well as tescos, boots and pharmacies.

Jesus, it's enough to send a heavily pregnant woman over the edge.

Ggrrr...went to dunnes stores this afternoon to get a few bits and pieces including rennies. I had two packs and they would only let me have one!!! Seriously! I've never heard of this before and I've often bought 3 boxes from the same dunnes as well as tescos, boots and pharmacies.

Jesus, it's enough to send a heavily pregnant woman over the edge.

That's ridiculous as there's no restriction on the sałe of rennie!!! And to a pregnant woman. - that's just cruel!! I'm flying they them at the mo!! Hopefully u won't need them too much longer!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

That's ridiculous. I've often bought two packs of rennies in Tesco with no bother.

Saying that, I tried to buy two packs of paracetamol in Tesco recently and machine wouldn't let me but the girl said just pay for one and then ring in the next box as a new purchase.

Blueskye wrote: »
    That's ridiculous. I've often bought two packs of rennies in Tesco with no bother.

Saying that, I tried to buy two packs of paracetamol in Tesco recently and machine wouldn't let me but the girl said just pay for one and then ring in the next box as a new purchase.

Yeah paracetamol are restricted per sale but rennie aren't - it's so stupid!

A few weeks ago u thought I might go early cos was getting loads of pains - about 34-35 weeks - now at 37 I haven't had so much as an ache in almost a week :( think ill be in it fir the long haul! Just when I had my hopes up and all!!
    Will possibly go mad if I'm pregnant fir another 5 weeks!!! There's no room left!!! It can't be possible!!

The paracetamol I can just about understand although why they sell it on the shelves if it's restricted I don't know.

I really was torn between bursting out crying at the injustice of denying a 9 month pregnant woman her only bit of comfort (melodramatic or what!) and ripping her head off (hormonal!).

As I said to my husband I could've spent hundreds on alcohol without restriction or comment but I couldn't have my 2 boxes of rennies. She wouldn't even ring up the second pack separately. I waddled into the pharmacy next door and got my second pack. Then the health food shop wouldn't let me pay for raspberry leaf tea using my visa debit card because it was less than €5.

I think I'll ring Joe Duffy tomorrow and complain!

Yep same here DL, no labour like aches or pains. 2 weeks to the due date and it'll be torture everyday after that. Fingers crossed we both go soon!

• Advertisement

The paracetamol I can just about understand although why they sell it on the shelves if it's restricted I don't know.

I really was torn between bursting out crying at the injustice of denying a 9 month pregnant woman her only bit of comfort (melodramatic or what!) and ripping her head off (hormonal!).

As I said to my husband I could've spent hundreds on alcohol without restriction or comment but I couldn't have my 2 boxes of rennies. She wouldn't even ring up the second pack separately. I waddled into the pharmacy next door and got my second pack. Then the health food shop wouldn't let me pay for raspberry leaf tea using my visa debit card because it was less than €5.

I think I'll ring Joe Duffy tomorrow and complain!

Ah hahahaha u know things a v bad when the threat of poor Joe is used!!!! Everything that happens to my mother ends with the the threat of unleashing Joe!
    Yeah it's really really stupid cos they were completely in the wrong to refuse the sale to u, unless its some specific dunnes policy. With paracetamol you can only buy 12 in a supermarket or 24 in a pharmacy - a pharmacist can authorise the sale of more in extenuating circumstances - this legislation is there to protect against the risk of overdose which is quite a risk with paracetamol due to its effects on the liver. But rennie.... Lets just say does not have the same risks - and the calcium content is actually good for ur bones!!

I have a feeling today like this baby will never come out of its own accord! And unfort for me - at 12 days over its a section if I haven't gone as he can't induce me due to previous section. He did if my cervix is favourable he could break my waters but only if its almost there anyway!! Pls pls pls cooperate baby!!!!!!!!! All I want is the excitement of spontaneous labor.... And not another crap section. I'm drinking rasp leaf tea like its going out of fashion!!

Advertisement