Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Don't even think of being 12 days over at this stage. It's still a long time away.
    Most women don't go 12 days over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Overdue. Exhausted. Haven't slept at night in weeks. Everytime I move in bed or get out to go to the loo there is a huge cracking noise in my pelvis from the spd so I'm afraid to move now. Sore, pains, aches and still could have 12 more days before they'll induce. Not a happy bunny. Want baby out now :(

Whimper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Digs wrote: »
    Overdue. Exhausted. Haven't slept at night in weeks. Everytime I move in bed or get out to go to the loo there is a huge cracking noise in my pelvis from the spd so I'm afraid to move now. Sore, pains, aches and still could have 12 more days before they'll induce. Not a happy bunny. Want baby out now :(

Whimper.

Oh no :( I'm sending good thoughts. Come out now baby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Watching Midday on TV3 and they are saying it costs 5k for a newborn.....

Scary :(

While i'm sure newborns do add to your costs I'd be taking that figure with a pinch of salt, tbh.

• Advertisement

Thanks Murdy, I have a feeling monkey is in for the long haul though but I'm cranky and cynical today :(

Inlikeflynn I'd happily give this baba 5K to come out now!! As MW said though I wouldn't hold much weight with those figures.

I know your right murdywurdy, it's just a bit of a fright to hear :(

Thank god for my young cousins who are kindly donating some of their stuff to me !!

Thanks Murdy, I have a feeling monkey is in for the long haul though but I'm cranky and cynical today :(

Inlikeflynn I'd happily give this baba 5K to come out now!! As MW said though I wouldn't hold much weight with those figures.

Are you long over.... I do hope it happens soon xx

Your baba will be here soon Digs, you're just too cosy and comfortable ;)

It is scary when you think too much about costs but honestly there's so many ways to reduce costs to fit in with your budget. Great that you're getting donations from family!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Your baba will be here soon Digs, you're just too cosy and comfortable ;)

It is scary when you think too much about costs but honestly there's so many ways to reduce costs to fit in with your budget. Great that you're getting donations from family!

Yeah I'm very lucky, so far on my to buy list is the pram but its just the beginning :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Thanks girls, the end is in sight it's just difficult being close but feeling so far away at the same time! Don't mind me, am just a grump today.

Inlikeflynn am only 2 days over, would hate to see me at 14 days over, my poor husband :(

Oh and the family donations are great, def such a big help but spreading the costs over a few months is def the way to go. Making a list and adding up the costs is daunting but if you pick up a few bits here and there over the pregnancy you won't find it half as hard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

The 5k thing is if you go and get everything on the market and you pay top euro for it!

A good new travel system. - 450
    Highchair - 60
    sterilizer - 50
    bottles - 50
    clothes - 100 (most you get as gifts so only about that by yourself)
    cot - 300
    moses basket - 100
    nappies (circa 6 months worth) - 150
    Formula Milk - 200
    Michellaneous everything else- 550.

Total I can see = €2k.

€5k is if you want those weird sterli-bins, changing tables, expensive changing bags, etc.

Handy-me-downs or family sharing is great. My first was the first grandchild on both sides so he cost a lot. No 2 is costing us only a few bits of clothes, new bottles (hopefully not needed for 6 months) and nappies. We kept it all!

Hope you go soon xx for your sake! (And hubby's) :D

Digs we all have shítty days, being overdue beyond sucks!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Digs we all have shítty days, being overdue beyond sucks!!!

Yup, these kids definitely rule the roost from day one!!

Yeah, the 5k seems a bit mad. We bought all new stuff (no one with babies to donate to us) and there's no way we spent anything near 5k, and our travel system was quite expensive.

We bought reusable nappies too so the only big costs I can foresee is formula if breastfeeding doesn't work. There's no way that and misc costs will bring it up to 5k!!

Fingers crossed it'll happen soon Digs!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Thats only if you are so precious that you go for the top end stuff.

A good new travel system. - 450 Ditto. (inc car seat)
    Highchair - 60 20 in IKEA, and its so compact and easy clean that my sister is getting one.
    sterilizer - 50 25
    bottles - 50 25 (special offers in argos on sterilizer and bottles.
    clothes - 100 (most you get as gifts so only about that by yourself) ditto. Lots of handmedowns and gifts.
    cot - 300 0 - secondhand from family.
    moses basket - 100 0 borrowed.
    nappies (circa 6 months worth) - 150 ditto
    Formula Milk - 200 - about the same, I breastfed but stocked aptimal single serving cartons for one feed a day.
    Michellaneous everything else- 550. ditto.

It can be as cheap or as dear as you want it to be.

Yup, these kids definitely rule the roost from day one!!

From the day your progesterone rises to sustain them circa 6 weeks until you toss them out the door for college. And as much as we look forward to that day, we'll all be in tears wanting those little babies back! Parenting, screws with the mind!

I only went a few days over before I was induced with my son, hopefully your little one decides to press exit soon!
    Neyite wrote: »

Highchair - 60 20 in IKEA, and its so compact and easy clean that my sister is getting one.
    sterilizer - 50 25
    clothes - 100 (most you get as gifts so only about that by yourself) ditto. Lots of handmedowns and gifts.
    Formula Milk - 200 - about the same, I breastfed but stocked aptimal single serving cartons for one feed a day.

Yes, travel systems including car seat, Jan and June are best times to buy in the sales!

The highchair, my MIL spent 120 on a lovely comfy one, terrible to clean though, all nooks and crannies! I was basing it on it being between the 20e Ikea and my overpriced one. Though I have seen 360e ones (why dear god why would you pay that!!!!)

As I said, our fella was a first so no hand-me-downs sadly, though no2 is costing toss all. I'd say I will have everything I need for less than 200! And that's if this is a girl this time, cheaper again if it is another boy! Thanks for the Argos tip :D

Neyite wrote: »

sterilizer - 50 25

I definitely agree with you, it's what you buy and where.... I was just overwhelmed when I heard that! I am by no means proud and plan to take anything that's offered to me!! Hopefully .... :)

Was only looking in Guineys this morning they have gorgeous baby stuff including Avent bottles and sterilisers.... I know of couple who spent €225 on a Christmas outfit for a 6 month old in Tommy Hilfiger.... I don't think I ever bought a bag in there!!

I think it's the fact I'm not working I'm just a bit anxious!

• Advertisement

I definitely agree with you, it's what you buy and where.... I was just overwhelmed when I heard that! I am by no means proud and plan to take anything that's offered to me!! Hopefully .... :)

Was only looking in Guineys this morning they have gorgeous baby stuff including Avent bottles and sterilisers.... I know of couple who spent €225 on a Christmas outfit for a 6 month old in Tommy Hilfiger.... I don't think I ever bought a bag in there!!

I think it's the fact I'm not working I'm just a bit anxious!

My son has a TH pants 17e in the sales, was 72e. I would never fork out mad money for anything. I am currently unemployed too so I know the feeling of trying to do things cheaply. The Bargain part of Arnotts is a great place for sheets and whatnot too. Nothing wrong with Guineys! They grow so quickly why waste money?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    My son has a TH pants 17e in the sales, was 72e. I would never fork out mad money for anything. I am currently unemployed too so I know the feeling of trying to do things cheaply. The Bargain part of Arnotts is a great place for sheets and whatnot too. Nothing wrong with Guineys! They grow so quickly why waste money?

That's a bargain there though!!
    They are out of baby grows before you know it!!

That's a bargain there though!!
    They are out of baby grows before you know it!!

Sales are great things ;) My over-eager MIL is a terror for finding a bargain. The first year they do nothing but eat, sleep, poop and grow! Penny's, Dunnes, all of them, they have beautiful baby grows and little outfits for babies for a fraction of the ridiculous prices others have. I got my guy a lovely Mothercare outfit for 20-30e in each stage as a favourite, but the rest was cheap, no point wasting money when there are bills to pay and little money to do it in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We'd saved €1000 for our son and probably spent a little over that but it included a second hand buggy, second hand mini cosleeper cot, new car seat.

We got a lot of secondhand stuff including clothes. I breastfed so only had 1 bottle, a microwave steriliser and an electric pump.

This time around we've probably spent less than €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Baby is bouncing on my bladder! fun times :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Babies only cost what you want them to cost. There's essentials, but after that you can cut it right down. If you wanted to you could spend 5k in nursery furniture alone! I will be buying very, very little - fortunately I'm getting a buggy off my sister but I'm not gonna go mad at all, there's really no point. I'll keep my cash for when the child is older for family holidays and the like.

I've gone toilet 5 times since 11pm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

ive got awful heartburn, really breathless :( early night for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I've gone toilet 5 times since 11pm :(

I had baby 14 weeks ago and I still can't get over not having to get up at night (for toilet anyway!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

neck and head in agony yet again :( was meant to go for trail hairdo thing for a wedding next week but i can't be bothered, meant to get my eyebrows done too. on the plus side, i passed my theory test! have to start driving asap!

Advertisement