Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Feel like fat heifer.... Think baby getting higher rather than lower! Think ill be 2 weeks overdue! On the plus side slept well last night - no braxton hicks!
    Spent 3 hrs walking around the baby fair in rds with no money to buy anything , still tho was a nice day out!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

hi all. ive recently joined the november thread. i have a 15 month old gorgeous girl. im about 8 weeks now. havin some pains in my lower belly and left side. they come and go. think i had them last time but i duno. anyone else suffer from similar?

worst thing at the moment is the ms/nausea. just feel sick all day for the last few days!! so while the pains are worrying the sickness makes me feel like its goin ok. booked a private scan for 12 weeks. hope i can wait that long. if pains get worse or continue il head to the doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

When does the sour taste in the mouth go? Between that and the excess saliva food has definitely lost its appeal at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Red fraggle some crampy pains are normal i think...i had some during the first trimester anyway. If you're worried or they worse contact your doctor even just for peace of mind.

Im almost 39weeks now...ive such bad pains in my legs and ive horrible period like pain in my lower bump. I wouldnt mind if id been doing loads of stuff all day but ive spent all evening on the couch and no relief. I had a bath earlier which helped but pain is back now :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Was in town today, went to the protest for a while and then got caught to meet the MIL. She was giving out my son wouldn't eat the cake she bought, it was rose flavoured, can't see a 4 year old alive that would willingly eat that! Then wanted to get his shoes sized, and was complaining he needed new ones. Now I am not going to say for one moment I am not grateful for her forking out for not one, but two new pairs of shoes for him, but I wonder somedays is the complaining she does worth it. It also involves having to go to 3 different dept stores with her and rake through all the women's departments, with a big belly and a bored 4 year old that is not fun! Era sure, tis done now as they say. I am just so sore from being in a pair of wet converse all afternoon. Flat soles and loads of standing is not fun!

Also, I have thread veins. On my thighs and a few on my belly. I have the legs of a 96 year old at 26. I just want to cry :( I feel so crap about it.

I was sorting a few things yesterday and I found a bag of clothes that I forgot to wash from before I got big (slightly embarrassed to admit) a load of my size 8-10 clothes in it. Looking at them now is depressing, I know if I eat well and look after myself I will be back to that in no time. But still feel shítty.

And my bellybutton has popped out, much to the disgust of my partner, which is hilarious really, since he thinks pregnancy resembles the movie Alien! But some days (like today) it makes me feel crap because I know as much as he tries to hide it, he finds my belly almost grotesque at the moment, which brings me down. I think I should just eat my lovely left over pizza and go to bed. I don't think anything other than a good sleep will cheer me up in my current mood.

Dear Jesus, I am sorry for the sheer amount of moans I have today, I just needed to let it all out!

Red Fraggle I had the cramp feeling for a few weeks too. But as pothers have said, if you have any concerns, talk to your doctor. And I don't envy anyone in the ms stage, I will never miss it! It must be hard with another little one so dependent on you too.

• Advertisement

Congrats red fraggle! U had ur little one just a month before me last yr :)
    I had bad cramps with her up til about 9 weeks, and cramps to a lesser extent this time around for the first couple of months! Think it's just usually stretchy nestling in pains and nothing to worry about! I booked a scan at about 9 weeks this time as just wanted to be sure all was well. It's so hard to relax those first few weeks! Not that I'm exactly zen like now..... ;)

Wolfpawnat ya gotto love the MIL's :) they sure do know how to wind us up even when their intentions are good!!!!
    My hubbie still presents to find me attractive bless him... I've seen the mirror.. It ain't pretty!!
    I was a size 10 before first pregnant and in the 4 months between pregnancies I had lost all the baby weight but still only fitted into 12 jeans etc - my body shape had not recovered! I hate to think what it's gonna be like now after the 2 so together!!
    Last time I used breastfeeding as excuse to eat all around me! Altho to be fair it does spur on an appetite!! But this time I'm adamant ill behave better after! I've eaten so much chocolate & cake this pregnancy my poor child is going to suffer sugar withdrawal!!!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Congrats red fraggle! U had ur little one just a month before me last yr :)
    I had bad cramps with her up til about 9 weeks, and cramps to a lesser extent this time around for the first couple of months! Think it's just usually stretchy nestling in pains and nothing to worry about! I booked a scan at about 9 weeks this time as just wanted to be sure all was well. It's so hard to relax those first few weeks! Not that I'm exactly zen like now..... ;)

thanks dublinlady! i remember being here with ya before ;) cant believe how close you are!!

i think i had these on my first too as i was at the doc constantly worried!! this time im not as bad. im tempted to get an earlier scan. gong to new york when il be 14ish weeks so at 12 weeks il hopefully know all is good!!

did you find out this time if its a boy or girl?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Was in town today, went to the protest for a while and then got caught to meet the MIL. She was giving out my son wouldn't eat the cake she bought, it was rose flavoured, can't see a 4 year old alive that would willingly eat that! Then wanted to get his shoes sized, and was complaining he needed new ones. Now I am not going to say for one moment I am not grateful for her forking out for not one, but two new pairs of shoes for him, but I wonder somedays is the complaining she does worth it. It also involves having to go to 3 different dept stores with her and rake through all the women's departments, with a big belly and a bored 4 year old that is not fun! Era sure, tis done now as they say. I am just so sore from being in a pair of wet converse all afternoon. Flat soles and loads of standing is not fun!

Also, I have thread veins. On my thighs and a few on my belly. I have the legs of a 96 year old at 26. I just want to cry :( I feel so crap about it.

I was sorting a few things yesterday and I found a bag of clothes that I forgot to wash from before I got big (slightly embarrassed to admit) a load of my size 8-10 clothes in it. Looking at them now is depressing, I know if I eat well and look after myself I will be back to that in no time. But still feel shítty.

And my bellybutton has popped out, much to the disgust of my partner, which is hilarious really, since he thinks pregnancy resembles the movie Alien! But some days (like today) it makes me feel crap because I know as much as he tries to hide it, he finds my belly almost grotesque at the moment, which brings me down. I think I should just eat my lovely left over pizza and go to bed. I don't think anything other than a good sleep will cheer me up in my current mood.

Dear Jesus, I am sorry for the sheer amount of moans I have today, I just needed to let it all out!

Red Fraggle I had the cramp feeling for a few weeks too. But as pothers have said, if you have any concerns, talk to your doctor. And I don't envy anyone in the ms stage, I will never miss it! It must be hard with another little one so dependent on you too.

hope ya had your pizza and feel better!;) its good to get the moans out. ms hitting again after an hour of a break so im off to bed! its hard with the little one but shes so good at entertaining herself which makes me feel bad! especially when she gets her coat and hat and brings them to me trying to initiate a walk and all i want to do is puke or sleep! shes great at cheering me up tho;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

hi all. ive recently joined the november thread. i have a 15 month old gorgeous girl. im about 8 weeks now. havin some pains in my lower belly and left side. they come and go. think i had them last time but i duno. anyone else suffer from similar?

worst thing at the moment is the ms/nausea. just feel sick all day for the last few days!! so while the pains are worrying the sickness makes me feel like its goin ok. booked a private scan for 12 weeks. hope i can wait that long. if pains get worse or continue il head to the doc.

Congrats red fraggle! Those pains are normal, I had them too, its the body interior stretching and doing its thing. What fun eh?

I dont envy you ms with a little one though, I dont think I could cope! Im 19 weeks and still suffering with it, but thankfully zofran does the trick. Really hoping I can come off it soon though.

• Advertisement

hope ya had your pizza and feel better!;) its good to get the moans out. ms hitting again after an hour of a break so im off to bed! its hard with the little one but shes so good at entertaining herself which makes me feel bad! especially when she gets her coat and hat and brings them to me trying to initiate a walk and all i want to do is puke or sleep! shes great at cheering me up tho;)

My 4 year old was the same. "C'mon mommy, today Friday, I get nuggies on Friday" But to be honest, he seemed to know I needed some fresh air and to try and get on with things. I spent days on the couch with him sitting on my legs as I just lay there half asleep and he seemed to know how sick I was and was a little champ!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Congrats red fraggle! Those pains are normal, I had them too, its the body interior stretching and doing its thing. What fun eh?

I dont envy you ms with a little one though, I dont think I could cope! Im 19 weeks and still suffering with it, but thankfully zofran does the trick. Really hoping I can come off it soon though.

oh God im hoping my ms magically stops at 12 weeks. think i was 13 weeks the last time. is that what the doc put you on? and it really works? im still trying to find a magic food like bread sticks or somethin plain that helps but nothing so far. well a mouthful or 2 of 7up helps sometimes. i usually dont drink fizzy drinks but il need something if im to keep it quiet for the next few weeks!!! its there again today so far.:( visitors due at 2.30 and husband is gone off. im sure my daughter will entertain them if ive to make a dash! oh the joys!! hope you get to come off it soon. its mad what our bodies do:rolleyes:

Shoulders are in bits today. Really sore :( Tired, but that's because I got up at 3am to watch a stateside boxing match, so self inflicted. Early night tonight me thinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Have to go back into work tomorrow n possibly deal wh this man again, any tips so I dont end up crying again?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I feel gigantic and I'm only 30 weeks! Every time I move in bed or off the couch, I feel like a whale trying to leap out of the water. Can't believe there are 10 more weeks of this. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

The most selfish moan but if I get one more well intentioned "Any news" txt I will go spare. The everyday offenders are the worst!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Digs wrote: »
    The most selfish moan but if I get one more well intentioned "Any news" txt I will go spare. The everyday offenders are the worst!

I never understood why people do that? Obviously you will tell them when baby is here. It's not like you're going to write back and say yeah, I'm pushing as I type this or I had the baby ten days ago and didn't bother to tell you!

Today my moan is I'm getting bad fanny forks/lightning crotch. It's a tad uncomfortable. Pregnancy is really weird sometimes!

Everything hurts. My ribs , my pelvis , my belly, my arms , my legs..... Eugh. Far too busy a weekend and I'm just aching from it!!
    I just CANNOT accept that I could be pregnant fir another month..... 2 weeks & 3 days til due date and even the thought of that just makes me want to lie in a corner & sob!!
    Braxton hicks at night means no sleep. Paranoid about every ache & sign meaning I'm going into labour... Part of me convinced its gonna happen any second when really I've not lost my plug, and I don't even have that much mucous.... It's just gonna be ages & I'm soooo fed up.

How the hell are u overdue ladies still sane?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Everything hurts. My ribs , my pelvis , my belly, my arms , my legs..... Eugh. Far too busy a weekend and I'm just aching from it!!
    I just CANNOT accept that I could be pregnant fir another month..... 2 weeks & 3 days til due date and even the thought of that just makes me want to lie in a corner & sob!!
    Braxton hicks at night means no sleep. Paranoid about every ache & sign meaning I'm going into labour... Part of me convinced its gonna happen any second when really I've not lost my plug, and I don't even have that much mucous.... It's just gonna be ages & I'm soooo fed up.

Sane??? What you talkin bout woman? Sane went out the window when 3am baths and bouncing from the living room to the kitchen on my yoga ball became the norm :P Do try think positive though, it might make the time pass easier (who I am kidding!!) my stomach is in an awful heap, have given up on eating as it just shoots through me (sorry folks!).

I am back from Accupuncture and am going to have a nap now shortly, if Accupuncture does anything it makes me sleep which would be heaven right now. I better be in labour when I wake up!

Murdy - I completely agree. I know people mean well but Janey mack as soon as this baby is out they will know all about it I don't plan on keeping it a secret!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

This is how i feel verbatum! Ive a week to go till due date and the thoughts of going over sends me into a deep depression :-( I keep talking to my bump telling it to come out.

Im unsure though whether ive lost my plug and im getting LOTS of watery discharge now.

• Advertisement

This seems a bit silly compared to those of you who are in fed up mode of pregnancy, but i've a wedding on friday and i'm going with my three friends. it was left up to me to book the hotel room, and now it looks like it's up to me to get present. one girl is off work for the week but claims she's sick (fair enough if she is) but says she "can't promise" about getting to shops to get the present, she has to see how she feels. no DOUBT will she still go to the wedding and get hammered, even if she still isn't feelin well enough on thursday to go to the shop for a present. my other friend is off two days this week but has to bring her nephew swimming (who is in school 9-2) and then has to practice for piano so is 'very busy'.. I have year end accounts due this week and after what happened last week, want to be ahead of myself before i take the day off friday. not to mention the fact i'm six months pregnant and will be in work til 6 most evenings, i still have to get MYSELF ready for the wedding in the evenings when i am finished work... but somehow i know on thursday i'll feel guilty and rush into town and buy something. ugh. dunno if you ladies would feel the same way, but they just expect me to do everything!! maybe i'm being a bit unfair...
    off topic but sunday evening one of them asked if i wanted to meet in town for a bit (she lives in town) n i asked did she want to come out to me? (as she hasn't been to my house in about six months) n she said "not really" so i just said well i don't really wanna go to town.. and that was that. like CMON!!! i'm SIX MONTHS PREGNANT and after minding my niece for whole weekend AND only over a bug. and yeh, she did know this! i know i complain bout them alot, but they're the only friends i have!

Them being your friends doesn't stop them being selfish beeps from time to time. I have that a lot too, "Do you want to meet up?" "ooh, that'd be great, as long as it suits me"

Them being your friends doesn't stop them being selfish beeps from time to time. I have that a lot too, "Do you want to meet up?" "ooh, that'd be great, as long as it suits me"

That's true. I just seem to notice it a lot more now. I suppose it's a good thing because if i didn't, i'd still be running around after them.
    What do you do if it happens?

loubian wrote: »
    That's true. I just seem to notice it a lot more now. I suppose it's a good thing because if i didn't, i'd still be running around after them.
    What do you do if it happens?

A lot of the time, to my own stupidity, I will meet them, but from time to time, I say no. I have to, if I am tired, sore or if doesn't suit with my son, I just have to. With this pregnancy I have become a bigger bítch though. They cannot see how me and my 6+ month belly and a 4 year old is exhausting. They think me unreasonable, so I have little patience these days. They blame hormones, I don't care!

A lot of the time, to my own stupidity, I will meet them, but from time to time, I say no. I have to, if I am tired, sore or if doesn't suit with my son, I just have to. With this pregnancy I have become a bigger bítch though. They cannot see how me and my 6+ month belly and a 4 year old is exhausting. They think me unreasonable, so I have little patience these days. They blame hormones, I don't care!

If i was a little harder on my friends, i know they'd turn around and blame me on being the selfish one and i really hate confrontation so i try avoid it. but if one says i don't want to come out to you, well i'm going to say the same thing back. i know how it feels, and i haven't even got a four year old. I bet when they are pregnant, the whole world will have to bow at their feet!

If i was a little harder on my friends, i know they'd turn around and blame me on being the selfish one and i really hate confrontation so i try avoid it. but if one says i don't want to come out to you, well i'm going to say the same thing back. i know how it feels, and i haven't even got a four year old. I bet when they are pregnant, the whole world will have to bow at their feet!

You wouldn't believe how bad some people get. I had people expecting me to meet them for coffee with a newborn and an infected c-scar and then commenting "God, you should really think about straightening your hair" "Do you have to feed him that often" I was way too nice.

And as soon as they get they + on the test, they don't care about every one else "I'm pregnant, I am boss since I can't do anything" I have a friend pregnant too, and she thinks since she is pregnant she should do no travelling, "Sure I am too" I stated one day, "Yeah, but you have a 4 year old to help you" What good is a four year old? they can be a stress, I either have to push a buggy or walk him, but I am not one of these women who lets being pregnant get in the way of what has to be done.

But her ringing me to see if I am going to Tesco to get her several different things and then head to hers with them in bad weather because she is doesn't like to go out in the bad weather equal parts drives me mad and makes me laugh. She closer than I am, but there is a hill back to her house. I did it once, because she is due after me so you know MS, you like to help people.

I will take so much BS and hold my tongue, but when I let loose, I am truly a born bítch and I have a tongue of acid. Some people are getting close to my limit. My partner cannot understand how I am still biting my tongue.

But I know your pain.

You wouldn't believe how bad some people get. I had people expecting me to meet them for coffee with a newborn and an infected c-scar and then commenting "God, you should really think about straightening your hair" "Do you have to feed him that often" I was way too nice.

And as soon as they get they + on the test, they don't care about every one else "I'm pregnant, I am boss since I can't do anything" I have a friend pregnant too, and she thinks since she is pregnant she should do no travelling, "Sure I am too" I stated one day, "Yeah, but you have a 4 year old to help you" What good is a four year old? they can be a stress, I either have to push a buggy or walk him, but I am not one of these women who lets being pregnant get in the way of what has to be done.

But her ringing me to see if I am going to Tesco to get her several different things and then head to hers with them in bad weather because she is doesn't like to go out in the bad weather equal parts drives me mad and makes me laugh. She closer than I am, but there is a hill back to her house. I did it once, because she is due after me so you know MS, you like to help people.

I will take so much BS and hold my tongue, but when I let loose, I am truly a born bítch and I have a tongue of acid. Some people are getting close to my limit. My partner cannot understand how I am still biting my tongue.

But I know your pain.

Omg did she actually ring you to ask you to get stuff for her in tesco???? She was due after you and made you walk the hill back to hers? It's so outrageous i can see how you would laugh!

I don't know how you're still biting it too! that takes the bucket! When i let loose, i tend to go crazy too and bring in all sorts of other things and it gets very complicated so i tend to steer clear of that! :/ i don't bother replying to some messages, then these great answers will come to me, but i don't bother replying coz it's only dragging the arguement out!!

Omg did she actually ring you to ask you to get stuff for her in tesco???? She was due after you and made you walk the hill back to hers? It's so outrageous i can see how you would laugh!

I don't know how you're still biting it too! that takes the bucket! When i let loose, i tend to go crazy too and bring in all sorts of other things and it gets very complicated so i tend to steer clear of that! :/ i don't bother replying to some messages, then these great answers will come to me, but i don't bother replying coz it's only dragging the arguement out!!

She is nothing compared to the crazy neighbour who nearly banged my door down the other day trying to yell at me for doing light housework. Not pregnant, just lazy, rings me everyday to see if I am going to Tesco to get her Polish bread (I have no idea what brand it is, there are like 4!) and cigarettes. I went mental at her for the cigarettes one. I told her as a pregnant woman I am not going to subject myself to the dirty looks to get her something she is well able to get herself! She doesn't even make an excuse "But you are there already, I would have to walk" heaven forbid :rolleyes: Her daughter may actually get outside and get some fresh air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

OMG, what a night! Where to start the moaning! First off I got in a strop with my husband because I'd had a midwife app yesterday, told him at least once and then he asks if I did anything during the day!!!

Went to bed, started getting cramps. They def weren't Braxton hicks although the baby was moving loads and loads. These were cramps under my belly and they went on for over 2 hours. So I was lying in bed waiting to seeing at what point do we phone someone to come over to look after our son.

Then our son, who was very unsettled all night with a cough, woke screaming at 2.30am. He'd gotten sick in his cot so we had to take him up, calm him down, clean everything etc. back to bed at 3am but at that stage he was out of his mind with tiredness and cried for a good half hour. These nothing we can do as he won't sleep in our bed so after trying to reassure him once we had to leave him to it.

So I think I got 2 hours sleep, as did my husband (who I very graciously forgave!) and we had one hell of a cranky toddler this morning.

So now I'm on knicker watch for any signs and am half afraid to leave home in case I go into labour.

• Advertisement

OMG, what a night! Where to start the moaning! First off I got in a strop with my husband because I'd had a midwife app yesterday, told him at least once and then he asks if I did anything during the day!!!

Went to bed, started getting cramps. They def weren't Braxton hicks although the baby was moving loads and loads. These were cramps under my belly and they went on for over 2 hours. So I was lying in bed waiting to seeing at what point do we phone someone to come over to look after our son.

Then our son, who was very unsettled all night with a cough, woke screaming at 2.30am. He'd gotten sick in his cot so we had to take him up, calm him down, clean everything etc. back to bed at 3am but at that stage he was out of his mind with tiredness and cried for a good half hour. These nothing we can do as he won't sleep in our bed so after trying to reassure him once we had to leave him to it.

So I think I got 2 hours sleep, as did my husband (who I very graciously forgave!) and we had one hell of a cranky toddler this morning.

So now I'm on knicker watch for any signs and am half afraid to leave home in case I go into labour.

The timing is awful for the little man to be sick / but seriously - huge yeah on the imminent labour!!!!!!!!!! Very excited for u!!!! If u can get anyone to mind him today pls pls do as you need sleep & rest now so that your going into labour strong! Also try eat done pasta and other carbs today if u can to give yourself some quality energy! Hope this means you'll have ur little bundle soon :) just try as rest - and forgive the hubbie anything.... They are just not clued in at all... I've given up trying!!! U need him in top form too for the next few days :)

Advertisement