Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

HS, your guy and mine must be related! I get asked the evening before and the morning "Anything planned for tomorrow/today?" Followed by "So did you do anything today?" that evening!!! Somedays I don't even answer I get so peeve. My little guy is a little off at the moment too, and I have the security of knowing that I am not close to labour, you have a lot to be dealing with. Hopefully the little guy is feeling better and that you have your gorgeous little one soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Thanks ladies. I sent him to crèche even though I thought of keeping him at home but I'm exhausted and need to catch some zzz's. He's not sick as such but we've all got that cough at the moment.

Oh I really hope this is a sign of something. It's be so great to go during the day as the logistics of getting someone here in the middle of the night is quite tricky. Last night I thought if it was labour I'd have had to go on my own as our fella was too upset to leave him with anyone.

Oh the joys of the second and subsequent pregnancies! At least on your first it's just you and your partner to organise.

I'm off for a nap now and then on my bouncy ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

anyone else addicted to chocolate? like seriously addicted? it's getting quite bad, i'm afraid this baby will only know chocolate :/

loubian wrote: »
    anyone else addicted to chocolate? like seriously addicted? it's getting quite bad, i'm afraid this baby will only know chocolate :/

I just baked 12 Chocolate cupcakes and 8 chocolate and coconut macaroons....... I think I know the feeling. We all get cravings, obviously at the moment yours is chocolate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I cannot eat enough chocolate at the moment, I'm horsing it in to me :) I just had my wee checked at antenatal app and no glucose so think the choc is going down ok! When I had hyperemesis I couldn't stand the sight of it so I must be making up for it now!

Walked loads today which I haven 't really done recently. My pelvis is so painful! The baby must be right down there. Was waddling so badly walking around town. Will be sticking to driving from now on!

• Advertisement

babs is being pretty quiet today, have aching back, I know she has probably turned around because feeling pressure under my ribs, but can't help but worry :/ I was doing the counting.. I got to ten this morning, I think, but didn't even get one kick in 15 mins this evening before I had to start dinner... always seems to happen around the time I've an appointment, it's like she knows.. I have one 23rd april. trying not to worry is so hard :(

She's definitely playing with me.. After I posted this, she kicked me. But god damn mind has me doubting myself when I worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

HS hope you're feeling better after the nap! Bounce bounce bounce on that ball!

Loubian I am one to talk as I know how worrying it can be but baba needs to sleep too. I was awful for giving my lady a poke to wake her up when I'd get a bit anxious. I have a little Doppler though so always had the comfort of having a listen for the heartbeat to put my mind at ease. My consultant again today said 10-12 movements in 10hrs. He actually was so forceful about it it made me uneasy but I think it's the stage in the game I'm at!

Digs wrote: »

Loubian I am one to talk as I know how worrying it can be but baba needs to sleep too. I was awful for giving my lady a poke to wake her up when I'd get a bit anxious. I have a little Doppler though so always had the comfort of having a listen for the heartbeat to put my mind at ease. My consultant again today said 10-12 movements in 10hrs. He actually was so forceful about it it made me uneasy but I think it's the stage in the game I'm at!

We only need to feel 10-12 movements in ten hours?

I think it's worrying because as you get further along you get asked about movement so much, midwives/docs are so into it and say it so often. Makes you paranoid!

The midwife told me if I'm worried to lie down for 30 mins to give the baby a chance to wake up. Loubian did you manage to have a good rest before counting movement? My little guy is really active so I haven't been consciously counting yet but I do worry if I haven't felt anything in a bit

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Walked loads today which I haven 't really done recently. My pelvis is so painful! The baby must be right down there. Was waddling so badly walking around town. Will be sticking to driving from now on!

Until you're trying to get the little person out, then you'll be back to beating the pavements :P

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    We only need to feel 10-12 movements in ten hours?

That's what he said to me, however as I said to my husband today what if you feel 10 in the first hour and nothing for the next nine?! The doctor I think was more pushing the fact that if you yourself feel different or feel something is wrong (instinct) to come straight in, as he said the worst they can do is send you straight home. I have never unduly worried about movements as baby is super active especially since about 32 weeks which is I suppose I feel I'd know if something was wrong.

Babies do develop sleeping patterns though and can't be moving all the time. Mine enjoys the 12am-5.30am slot particularly..... Oh dear!!

That's what he said to me, however as I said to my husband today what if you feel 10 in the first hour and nothing for the next nine?! The doctor I think was more pushing the fact that if you yourself feel different or feel something is wrong (instinct) to come straight in, as he said the worst they can do is send you straight home. I have never unduly worried about movements as baby is super active especially since about 32 weeks which is I suppose I feel I'd know if something was wrong.

Babies do develop sleeping patterns though and can't be moving all the time. Mine enjoys the 12am-5.30am slot particularly..... Oh dear!!

Mine also wakes up at bedtime as that's when I'm still. We're also concerned for our sleep when he arrives! He needs to get out of that habit :)

I think it's worrying because as you get further along you get asked about movement so much, midwives/docs are so into it and say it so often. Makes you paranoid!

The midwife told me if I'm worried to lie down for 30 mins to give the baby a chance to wake up. Loubian did you manage to have a good rest before counting movement? My little guy is really active so I haven't been consciously counting yet but I do worry if I haven't felt anything in a bit

I was only lying down for about 20 mins, so I didn't get a chance to rest no. My baby does be quite active too, yesterday she was only kicking me strong enough in the bladder I felt I needed to go to the loo, so the sudden quietness is freaking me out a bit.

Murdy I am holding out no hope for a baby that sleeps at night, I have been getting used to the sleepless nights the last few weeks, my husband is terrified however :P

Loubian how far along are you? If babs is still small they can get into postions that make it harder for you to feel them. I'm in holles street but I'm sure it's the same in all hospitals, if you are worried at any stage go into them re movements, they're happy to put your mind at ease, it's the one thing they harp on about at evey apt!

Murdy I am holding out no hope for a baby that sleeps at night, I have been getting used to the sleepless nights the last few weeks, my husband is terrified however :P

Loubian how far along are you? If babs is still small they can get into postions that make it harder for you to feel them. I'm in holles street but I'm sure it's the same in all hospitals, if you are worried at any stage go into them re movements, they're happy to put your mind at ease, it's the one thing they harp on about at evey apt!

Yep, I'm in holles st too and have been told so often to go in if I think something is wrong. Midwife said we know our baby's best so go with your gut! It is disconcerting when movement stops for a while.

Fingers crossed something happens for you soon Digs!!

Yep, I'm in holles st too and have been told so often to go in if I think something is wrong. Midwife said we know our baby's best so go with your gut! It is disconcerting when movement stops for a while.

Fingers crossed something happens for you soon Digs!!

Thanks Murdy! Am not optimistic though, she's just too comfy! I had Accupuncture yesterday, came home and slept 6pm-9pm and then 1am-10am which is more sleep than I'd had in the previous week! As a result I feel pretty good and can struggle on a bit longer. There's nothing like a good sleep :)

I'm 26 weeks. I'm with holles street too, I've been in before with a scare, they're very good.

Even though Holles Street is closer to me, since I had a c-section last time I thought it would be better to go back to the Rotunda. I wonder if I have an emergency which an ambulance would bring me to, I think they have to take me to the closest hospital meaning I would end up in Holles Street wouldn't it?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Even though Holles Street is closer to me, since I had a c-section last time I thought it would be better to go back to the Rotunda. I wonder if I have an emergency which an ambulance would bring me to, I think they have to take me to the closest hospital meaning I would end up in Holles Street wouldn't it?

No idea! As they're so close I would presume they'd just take you to the Rotunda but who knows? Hopefully it won't come up :)

No idea! As they're so close I would presume they'd just take you to the Rotunda but who knows? Hopefully it won't come up :)

I doubt it will come to it, but with town traffic you never know and truthfully if you are having an emergency, I doubt it would even matter to me anyway. I would only be worrying about the little one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

5 days overdue... Got 3 hours sleep last night... Nauseous and throwing up this morning... Please baby come soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

pinkheels88 that's a good sign!! I was very out of sorts the day before I went into labour on my son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Fingers crossed for you Pinkheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

And with ur plug being gone pinkheels it's gotto be soon!! Good luck :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

pinkheels88 that's a good sign!! I was very out of sorts the day before I went into labour on my son.

Me too. It was almost like my body was clearing itself out before labour.

I'll never forget the comfort after my guy was born. I had just had abdominal surgery and yet I felt so comfortable not being choc full of baby.

Hoping you will be holding your little one soon pinkheels. It would make this bout of sickness so much easier! :)

Just back from the pharmacy, myself and the wee man are sick again!!! :( I feel like I've been gargling broken glass. Is it wrong that I am jealous he can have neurofen for kids because it's an anti-inflammatory and all I can have is hall soothers and paracetamol every few hours :(

Hoping you will be holding your little one soon pinkheels. It would make this bout of sickness so much easier! :)

Just back from the pharmacy, myself and the wee man are sick again!!! :( I feel like I've been gargling broken glass. Is it wrong that I am jealous he can have neurofen for kids because it's an anti-inflammatory and all I can have is hall soothers and paracetamol every few hours :(

Not at all! I had a nasty dose last week and felt like I was swallowing razor blades. Was so crazy only having so others to suck on. I also drank lemon and honey which helped a bit (but only for about ten minutes!) hope you are both better soon

Not at all! I had a nasty dose last week and felt like I was swallowing razor blades. Was so crazy only having so others to suck on. I also drank lemon and honey which helped a bit (but only for about ten minutes!) hope you are both better soon

I wouldn't mind so much, but this is two doses of cold in a fortnight. EVIL!!!! Although these soothers are lovely. But only last a little while :(

I wouldn't mind so much, but this is two doses of cold in a fortnight. EVIL!!!! Although these soothers are lovely. But only last a little while :(

The black currant ones are yum! There's definitely lots going around. My husband was the one who infected me, his whole office had it and were off sick. I'm still recovering!

• Advertisement

The black currant ones are yum! There's definitely lots going around. My husband was the one who infected me, his whole office had it and were off sick. I'm still recovering!

My son brings home everything from pre-school, then himself brings home everything else from small over crowded lecture halls. It's official, men really are infested!!!!

Advertisement