Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

wolfpawnat I've had that since Friday. It was so bloody sore on Sunday and Monday if I had to cough. I went to a chemist on Sunday and the pharmacist said she couldn't really give me anything :(

I got tyrozets for my throat and they really helped. By Monday evening I didn't have that stabbed with glass feeling. I'm also sucking the halls lozenges.

I've been drinking hot lemon and honey, taking teaspoons of honey, gargling with salt water. I've still got a cough but it's not as bad as it was. As soon as this baby is born I'm hitting the exputex! Another reason why I want it out asap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

have really sore back and side pains, feel like i need to stretch out but when i do there's no relief. I've felt a few little movements since last night but wont rest until i actually feel her under my hands :/ If the pains are because she's getting bigger and stretching out, it's going to be a sore few months!

loubian, not necessarily. Your ribs go through some stretching at different times as they have to expand to make space for all your organs which baby is pushing up. Lovely! I found I'd go through phases of aches and pains and then I'd be fine again for ages.

Are you doing pre-natal pilates or yoga? I'd really recommend doing a class. I've been doing Pilates since 14 weeks and it's like a tonic for my body. I go into class a complete wreck a d I come out feeling lighter. I went yesterday even though I was heavy and sore from deep pressure and still found it helped a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

loubian, not necessarily. Your ribs go through some stretching at different times as they have to expand to make space for all your organs which baby is pushing up. Lovely! I found I'd go through phases of aches and pains and then I'd be fine again for ages.

Are you doing pre-natal pilates or yoga? I'd really recommend doing a class. I've been doing Pilates since 14 weeks and it's like a tonic for my body. I go into class a complete wreck a d I come out feeling lighter. I went yesterday even though I was heavy and sore from deep pressure and still found it helped a lot.

Totally agree - I go to Pilates once a week and this week I was almost crying from the soreness in my ribs - had a great stretch in there and I breezed / waddled out of the place a new woman!

My moan is my hormones... Cos I'm not allowed moan anymore about being impatient Etc - I'm in a compulsory zen like state ;)
    Jaysus tho im here organising my daughters old new born clothes and I'm bawling - keep getting flashbacks etc and then keep getting overwhelmed there'll be a new sister I'm them soon!
    At least I finally got off my backside to do it.... At 38 weeks I think it was time I got organised!!

Smelt my bottle of clary sage oil to see what it's like as was gonna out it in the bath at the weekend - it's just rank.... No wonder its meant to induce labour the baby just prob tries to escape the smell!!! It's like nutty lavender!
    Started on the pineapple - if nothing else my 14 month old loves it!!!

Hope ye all feeling better from the colds etc soon!

Any more pains etc HS? I want u to go cos I'm after u... Haha!

No DL and I'm v pissed off about it!!! I had a little cramp around 2am but fell asleep, dreamt every pregnant woman I know went into labour and had their babies, and then I woke up at 6.30 as usual.

I put the last things in my bag yesterday so I'm ready to waddle when the time comes. I haven't done much today yet (v lazy!) but the pressure yesterday was horrendous. It actually felt like the baby was just going to fall out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

No DL and I'm v pissed off about it!!! I had a little cramp around 2am but fell asleep, dreamt every pregnant woman I know went into labour and had their babies, and then I woke up at 6.30 as usual.

I put the last things in my bag yesterday so I'm ready to waddle when the time comes. I haven't done much today yet (v lazy!) but the pressure yesterday was horrendous. It actually felt like the baby was just going to fall out.

Sending u labour inducing vibes!!!! Just remember all those little cramps are helping to sort the cervix.... Or so I tell my self - although my cramps have been missing for 2-3 days! Pressure must mean babies head right down so hang in there it's almost time!!

I'm actually going to look into doing the pilates, thanks for the tip. I'm going to go for a walk later too to (hopefully) loosen it out. Just have to remember that she's worth the awkwardness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I have decided the reason my daughter is refusing to come out is to safeguard my dignity (she has a point). SO my best friend who's a beauty therapist is coming over with her wax pot this afternoon to....ahem.... Tidy up below. The thoughts are KILL-ING me. However if my screams won't encourage this child out nothing will....

My friend is afraid my waters will break mid wax. I'm the opposite!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Digs wrote: »
    I have decided the reason my daughter is refusing to come out is to safeguard my dignity (she has a point). SO my best friend who's a beauty therapist is coming over with her wax pot this afternoon to....ahem.... Tidy up below. The thoughts are KILL-ING me. However if my screams won't encourage this child out nothing will....

My friend is afraid my waters will break mid wax. I'm the opposite!!

I went for a wax about a week and a half before I was due. My skin however had become v sensitive and one side was really painful and the wax had to be cut off! I was traumatised by it but the positive side was that my little man arrived a week early. Think he wanted to come out to see what all the fuss was about!!!

yellow hen wrote: »
    I went for a wax about a week and a half before I was due. My skin however had become v sensitive and one side was really painful and the wax had to be cut off! I was traumatised by it but the positive side was that my little man arrived a week early. Think he wanted to come out to see what all the fuss was about!!!

This is good!!! Not your traumatic experience obviously but the fact it put the goo on him to come out and investigate :D at least given I've known this girl 20years I can give her a dig if it gets too much! She's not going to go too wild, just the perimeter :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Digs wrote: »
    This is good!!! Not your traumatic experience obviously but the fact it put the goo on him to come out and investigate :D at least given I've known this girl 20years I can give her a dig if it gets too much! She's not going to go too wild, just the perimeter :P

Awww Digs fingers crossed for you!!

hey girls, really sorry about this, but have tried my best to not worry, but it's been over two days, i'm sure i've felt kicks but she's just not kicking like she used to. i know they can get tired, but even if i eat something sugary i still feel nothing. i'm pretty much stationary in work (at a computer desk) so i do have chances to feel her, and i haven't. Do you think i should just ring the hospital even though it'll be my third time going in as "emergency" and i've my appoitment next week? I'm trying so hard not to overthink it, but just fact the strength of the kicks has gone down as well as the amount has me a bit paranoid :/:( sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Loubian, definitely call up maternity and tell them the situation, they will let you know if you need to go in. Do you feel any different in yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I would call/go into hospital. I've been told so many times that if I think something is wrong I know best and to go in. If it's nothing they won't mind and you're mind will be put at rest! I was told not to wait for my appointments if I was worried by more than one midwife.

Loubian, definitely call up maternity and tell them the situation, they will let you know if you need to go in. Do you feel any different in yourself?

I was in quite a lot of pain yesterday with my back and under my ribs. I'm feeling a bit better today, but still can't help worrying :( i'll call them now and see what they say

Yes, do. Let us know what they say...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Are you feeling any other types of movement, loubian?

Best of luck Loubian, let us know how you get on!

Digs - fingers crossed the wax works. It'll make you feel better anyway to be all neat! I wish I had a friend who could wax. I'm going to have to go to a stranger and display myself in all my glory!

Would you wax the entire thing or just the 'perimeter'? I don't know if I could do the whole thing, I have visions of myself shivering in front of someone wielding a wax pot...I've been waxed before, but just around the edges, I keep things trimmed down there so it's not quite au naturel but not the whole way, so to speak. TMI???

Would you wax the entire thing or just the 'perimeter'? I don't know if I could do the whole thing, I have visions of myself shivering in front of someone wielding a wax pot...I've been waxed before, but just around the edges, I keep things trimmed down there so it's not quite au naturel but not the whole way, so to speak. TMI???

Lol! I get Brazilians regularly so am used to it (not since getting pregnant though). I think I'll get it all off. Getting the underpart waxed off is nice because you feel quite "clean" so i think it would be nice for when you're bleeding etc afterwards. It does hurt a lot though!!

• Advertisement

Thanks gurls! Will let you know the sceal after!!

I'm the same I usually get Brazilian but since getting preg have only gotten the bikini done, am a bit sore in the inner area but will see how we go today! You're right murdy though think I will feel better in myself having it done and will be cleaner etc after

If my friend wasn't able to wax I don't know what id do, she's the only one I feel comfy with gettin in that position especially at this stage! She has one of the special pregnant lady tables too with the bump cut out :D will be able to lie on my belly for a bit!

Loubian good luck! I'm sure babs is absolutely fine in there and you've just got yourself in a panic which is really easy to do.

Just back - everything is ok, she's moving lots even though i can't feel it. I most definitely got myself in a panic and the midwife on the phone scared me even further - she didn't say anything like "i'm sure you're grand, just come in to make sure" she basically shouted "come in straight away" so bloody emotions started as soon as i hung up the phone. i do this terrible thing by feeling guilty for worrying people and i know i shouldn't, n my mum rushed down n waterworks started again :( i'm so exhausted from this emotional rollarcoaster. i'm glad i went down, i knew i wouldn't be able to relax until i heard the heartbeat. i never thought my body was a good one - i'm overweight, am sick a lot, etc, so i'm afraid somehow something will happen to baby... but she's ok and that's the main thing. I'm doing a good job and i have to keep remembering that. I might buy a doppler to give myself that reassurance at home, although i know they can do the opposite too... Just happy she's ok. Thanks for being there.

That's great loubian. Always err on the side of caution with these things and get them checked out. You can never be too careful when you're pregnant and you, as the mum, knows best if something has changed.

loubian wrote: »
    Just back - everything is ok, she's moving lots even though i can't feel it. I most definitely got myself in a panic and the midwife on the phone scared me even further - she didn't say anything like "i'm sure you're grand, just come in to make sure" she basically shouted "come in straight away" so bloody emotions started as soon as i hung up the phone. i do this terrible thing by feeling guilty for worrying people and i know i shouldn't, n my mum rushed down n waterworks started again :( i'm so exhausted from this emotional rollarcoaster. i'm glad i went down, i knew i wouldn't be able to relax until i heard the heartbeat. i never thought my body was a good one - i'm overweight, am sick a lot, etc, so i'm afraid somehow something will happen to baby... but she's ok and that's the main thing. I'm doing a good job and i have to keep remembering that. I might buy a doppler to give myself that reassurance at home, although i know they can do the opposite too... Just happy she's ok. Thanks for being there.

So glad to hear everything is ok and don't feel bad for worrying people or asking for help! Were you having trouble feeling her because of where your placenta is?

It's a scary time for us all :) I'm afraid something will happen to the baby too even though I have absolutely no reason to think that. Apart from turning me into a vomit monster for four months he's been so good and healthy. It's natural to worry! You are doing a good job and trying to keep as healthy as possible.

Sounds like a doppler might be a good idea to reassure yourself - although as you said it might scare you a bit too. I think that's earlier on though that you can have trouble hearing things. I know my GP uses a doppler at my appointments with him and finds things easily enough (although he is a doctor!)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    So glad to hear everything is ok and don't feel bad for worrying people or asking for help! Were you having trouble feeling her because of where your placenta is?

It's a scary time for us all :) I'm afraid something will happen to the baby too even though I have absolutely no reason to think that. Apart from turning me into a vomit monster for four months he's been so good and healthy. It's natural to worry! You are doing a good job and trying to keep as healthy as possible.

Sounds like a doppler might be a good idea to reassure yourself - although as you said it might scare you a bit too. I think that's earlier on though that you can have trouble hearing things. I know my GP uses a doppler at my appointments with him and finds things easily enough (although he is a doctor!)

It could have been where my placenta is lying, the nurse was up the top of my uterus and said she was feeling loads of movement but i couldn't feel anything. it's mostly right down in my pelvis that i feel things.
    i know i shouldn't feel guilty for making people worry, but when people worry about me i get more upset, it's twisted. but i'm glad she actually came down.
    They seemed to get the heartbeat pretty quickly with me too. I'll look into them and see where i can get one.

loubian wrote: »
    It could have been where my placenta is lying, the nurse was up the top of my uterus and said she was feeling loads of movement but i couldn't feel anything. it's mostly right down in my pelvis that i feel things.
    i know i shouldn't feel guilty for making people worry, but when people worry about me i get more upset, it's twisted. but i'm glad she actually came down.
    They seemed to get the heartbeat pretty quickly with me too. I'll look into them and see where i can get one.

I've heard Amazon is a good place to get one. They have a good selection of other baby stuff if you need to get anything else - could do one order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

So glad the little one is doing okay loubian, never apologise for being too careful, not being careful is far more dangerous for you and baby. Or for worrying others, it is important that you voice any concerns you have for the baby and yourself.

We have a long 10 months, the least we can do is make sure we and our babies are okay. I know sometimes we don't want to annoy our families with our problems and I am so glad to have this thread with women who know exactly what I am going through to talk to, and make me know that my "irrational fears" are actually completely normal. I am so glad you got the support you needed today xxx

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    So glad the little one is doing okay loubian, never apologise for being too careful, not being careful is far more dangerous for you and baby. Or for worrying others, it is important that you voice any concerns you have for the baby and yourself.

We have a long 10 months, the least we can do is make sure we and our babies are okay. I know sometimes we don't want to annoy our families with our problems and I am so glad to have this thread with women who know exactly what I am going through to talk to, and make me know that my "irrational fears" are actually completely normal. I am so glad you got the support you needed today xxx

Thanks. I'm really glad to have this too. Anytime i say it to my friends about a worry, they just say "i'm sure everything is ok" because they've never been pregnant so don't know the worries, so yeah am really greatful that i have this thread to even just get the kick up the bum i need to ring the hospital.

• Advertisement

Glad everything's ok! Never feel bad for ringing the hospital or going into them, that's exactly what they're there for.

I got a little Doppler called angel sounds on eBay but think you can get them on amazon too, was about €20. I used it the odd time for reassurance in the second trimester and to hear when she hiccuped more so in the third :) they are great for piece of mind but also be careful as if baby is hiding it can be hard to hear the hb so might upset you a little as you said!

Mind yourself this evening and don't be so hard on yourself! This pregnancy stuff is tough, you are doing great.

Advertisement