Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Poor thing, you must have gotten quite a scare! Still, better safe than sorry and it's good to know that everything's ok with baby, you'd be worried otherwise. Now you can rest a bit and put your feet up!

Pretty much everyone in my family is in healthcare and one of the main things people say is 'better safe than sorry'- if in doubt, call up and check. Reduced fetal movements can mean baby's in distress (although obviously that's not always the case) due to kinks in the cord, problems with the placenta, etc. So do call up if you feel something's a bit off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    Thanks. I'm really glad to have this too. Anytime i say it to my friends about a worry, they just say "i'm sure everything is ok" because they've never been pregnant so don't know the worries, so yeah am really greatful that i have this thread to even just get the kick up the bum i need to ring the hospital.

That drives me mad, sure everything could be okay, but when you are worried, dismissing it is not a help. But they don't understand so you cannot really talk to them. Miraculously, when they become pregnant, you become their personal "go to" person and you are expected to be an expert!

This thread and indeed forum in general is great. No question is ever too weird or stupid. From waxing to itchy boobs, there is always at least one other mum going through the same. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've got a little angelsounds doppler too. A little squirt of baby oil and a lot of patience is required. They're great yokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Im craving coleslaw and i dont like coleslaw :( and im afraid to have some because of all the risks

Im craving coleslaw and i dont like coleslaw :( and im afraid to have some because of all the risks

risks??? As long as it is fresh isn't it supposed to be safe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I wanted coleslaw on both pregnancies. Coleslaw and ham on brown soda bread yum! I buy the aldi premium one and don't really see the problem with it. I'd be reluctant to get it from a sandwich bar or deli because you don't know how long it's been sitting there but in a container from a supermarket should be fine.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    risks??? As long as it is fresh isn't it supposed to be safe?

I heard somewhere you shouldnt eat it but i googled it now. I had it wrong. As long as theres no unpasteurised egg your ok.... Bf got some on his way home so im sitting here with a fork now :)

Its crazy because before the thoughts of it use to make me vomit....

I heard somewhere you shouldnt eat it but i googled it now. I had it wrong. As long as theres no unpasteurised egg your ok.... Bf got some on his way home so im sitting here with a fork now :)

Its crazy because before the thoughts of it use to make me vomit....

We all feel that way about something, but pregnancy doesn't seem to care! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

I just had a club sandwich in Eddie rockets smothered in coleslaw nom nom!! AND bacon and cheese fries. Enjoy and indulge in the cravings, it's one of the few perks :D

I am defuzzed and defluffed. No baby.....yet. Defo feel about ten times lighter though hahah ;)

Digs wrote: »
    I just had a club sandwich in Eddie rockets smothered in coleslaw nom nom!! AND bacon and cheese fries. Enjoy and indulge in the cravings, it's one of the few perks :D

I am defuzzed and defluffed. No baby.....yet. Defo feel about ten times lighter though hahah ;)

Awww digs, dont tease me with Eddie Rocketts :( ours got burnt to the ground last week :( would love a milkshake! And garlic chips!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Dear god, my friend is unreal. I've never been to a wedding on my own before so didn't go what was right for a present. MY three friends got my mum a picture frame for her wedding so i was guessing that was ok... My friend ended up getting one and that was fine. Then my other friend told me today her mum is saying it's not enough n should she get something else, i said have a look and see.. so she got a tea light set in newbridge.. grand. i was saying it to my mum n she was saying that mostly people would give about 100 euro a couple, so 50 euro each... so i decided to get a set of wine glassesm, they're gorgeous, were on sale and i got them for 17 euro. they're kilkenny cystal like.. i let both friends know, and the one who got the photo frame went mad saying why are we getting three presents when we aren't that close with them? the wedding is our best friends sister, we're a little close. and we've been invited to the whole wedding. and the cost of our presents comes to 67 euro!! her reply was it doesn't matter how much it was, the frame looks realy expensive... i just don't know what to do. she is saying she will keep the frame for herself and give us money, then when i suggested we just give the presents separately, she is saying that's still giving them three presents... like, does she realise how selfish she sounds? AAAGGHHHH she actually makes me shake with anger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

It's official... My hormones have driven me loop de loop!! Coo koo... Stark raving mad! I spent an hr crying this morn - mostly cos I'm fed up and then because it occurred to me that if I died
    My 14 month old prob wouldn't remember me..., rational..... At least I managed to hide in the shower for most of it so my OH doesn't realise just how hormental I am.....

It's awful when u know its the hormones but u still can't control it!!!!

I would have been laughing at myself if I wasn't so busy crying :)

dublinlady wrote: »
    It's official... My hormones have driven me loop de loop!! Coo koo... Stark raving mad! I spent an hr crying this morn - mostly cos I'm fed up and then because it occurred to me that if I died
    My 14 month old prob wouldn't remember me..., rational..... At least I managed to hide in the shower for most of it so my OH doesn't realise just how hormental I am.....

It's awful when u know its the hormones but u still can't control it!!!!

I would have been laughing at myself if I wasn't so busy crying :)

I was thinking of the Boston Marathon and how if I were close to the bomb and I had the small guy with me he'd stand no chance, I was frantic! The OH was staring at me as I was having a panic attack putting on the little guys PJ's. I think it's normal to have irrational fears as a parent.

My cold has turned into a full respiratory infection. I could barely breathe last night. My throat is in bits and every time I blow my nose or cough, the mucus is sticky and green (sorry for the TMI) I am in bits and I can't even take anything good for it! I had to take off my necklace and everything last night, I felt like I was choking!

+1 on the emotional front. I started crying the other day as we were looking at baby monitors on argos online! Husband commented that some were 'pretty expensive' and I, in my rationality, heard 'IT DOESN'T MATTER IF WE MISS THE BABY NOT BREATHING, MONEY IS SO IMPORTANT', whereas of course that's not what he said...but couldn't stop the tears. Felt bad afterwards as I'm not normally like that. Fortunately himself was very understanding about it!

I just say 'hormones' and he knows what I mean. I also can't look at any even relatively sad thing about babies without crying. The Kermit Gosnell thing had me in a flood of tears.

Yes, a flood.

Of tears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Hehe paperclip!!!

Wolfpawnat - hope ur feeling better soon - u actually have something to moan about - whereas I'm just imagining things to moan about!!

I've had to stop watching one born every minute - I used to be addicted - now it completely sends me into a panic!!!

It'll all be worth it.... It'll all be worth it.... It'll all be worth it....!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Wolfpawnat I'm just back from my doctor. I had one of my ears syringes because I was totally deaf in that one. How can so much wax come from one ear!?! I'm now on antibiotics for my cough which was just getting worse by the day. I managed to dodge all the bugs all winter and at the 11th hour, in April, I end up on antibiotics!

I waddled down and back to doctor and I'm very sore. Not much fun having a head bang off your pelvis.

DL I hope your afternoon is better than your morning :S

I got myself a daim bar in the shop on the way back from the doctors so I'm going to settle down in front of a recorded episode of the Great British Bake Off (my bit of afternoon tv viewing!) and enjoy it with a cup of tea. It's a 4 pack so hopefully I'll stop at 1.

dublinlady wrote: »
    Wolfpawnat - hope ur feeling better soon - u actually have something to moan about - whereas I'm just imagining things to moan about!!

I've had to stop watching one born every minute - I used to be addicted - now it completely sends me into a panic!!!

It'll all be worth it.... It'll all be worth it.... It'll all be worth it....!!

I can't watch shows like that at the minute, and I used watch 16 & Pregnant, now I just cry because all of them get one hell of a wake up call that parenthood is not easy and the boys usually scoot off.

Went to Bray today to clear my head, I kept coughing badly and my progesterone has my muscles loosened so I ended up crying that I wet myself (only the tiniest bit, but still, depressing)
    Wolfpawnat I'm just back from my doctor. I had one of my ears syringes because I was totally deaf in that one. How can so much wax come from one ear!?! I'm now on antibiotics for my cough which was just getting worse by the day. I managed to dodge all the bugs all winter and at the 11th hour, in April, I end up on antibiotics!

I got myself a daim bar in the shop on the way back from the doctors so I'm going to settle down in front of a recorded episode of the Great British Bake Off (my bit of afternoon tv viewing!) and enjoy it with a cup of tea. It's a 4 pack so hopefully I'll stop at 1.

I am trying to avoid the anti-biotics, but if this is still here Monday, to the doc I go. If I wasn't pregnant I would have nuked the hell out of it by now with strepsils and Lemsip. It's only temporary, I just have to tell myself that.

I got a 3 pack of Caramel bars the other day, poof, gone in 60 seconds isn't just a Nicholas Cage movie. Enjoy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Loubian,
    I'm so glad everything was ok with your baby. Just wanted to let you know I had a few worries last week and ended up going into my gp to listen to the heartbeat for some reassurance after the midwife in fetal assessment rang with some results. I mentioned getting a fetal doppler and she really strongly advised against it. I know after looking into it that it can be easy (especially earlier on) to confuse other sounds with the baby's heartbeat, and the midwife's worry was that I'd hear something and be reassured even though everything might not be ok...
    She reckons it is best to go with your instincts and go to the hospital/doctor if you feel something is wrong. 99 times out of a 100 you'll be wrong, but it doesn't take that long to check and that's what they are there for.

Of course I say all this not knowing where on earth you are and you could be miles from a hospital or doctor so just 'popping in' might not be an option.... In that case, maybe your doctor could show you how to use the doppler at home so you are listening for the right sounds?

Just thought I'd pass on what she said. x

Head is pounding since 2am....

Reluctantly i Just took a paracetamol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

ANOTHER F*CKING COLDSORE!!!!!

I usually get them once or twice a year only but this is my third since pregnancy, and second this month. The last one hasnt even faded yet, and Im getting married in less than a week! Ffs. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Pat, get yourself some Zovirax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pat McGhee wrote: »

I usually get them once or twice a year only but this is my third since pregnancy, and second this month. The last one hasnt even faded yet, and Im getting married in less than a week! Ffs. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Oh no! Is it a big one? Try not to stress or it'll stay round for longer. (Easier said than done). If you can get it down a little bit make up will totally cover it up!

Inlikeflynn, I've had to take paracetamol a few times for headache and sore throat. I felt bad but sometimes you just have to look after yourself too! Hope headache is better now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Pat McGhee wrote: »

Have you tried the cold sore patches? I find them great coz they kinda hide the cold sore and stop it drying out and splitting. And then you can put your make up over them - totally hidden :)

People keep telling me things like this are a good sign that baby is taking everything it needs to be healthy and strong ( I've been getting cold sores too)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Things like this happen more often in pregnancy becuase your immune system is lowered to maintain the pregnancy. I have a coldsore myself at the moment. Hate the things.

Sorry to see all you ladies have coldsores, they really are a right pain, literally and figuratively.

I think my cough/cold is coming to an end, the only thing is I am like a cat with a terrible hairball all day with it as my body tries to get rid of mucus (disgusting I know, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Thanks ladies. I wouldnt usually be too bothered about them but timing just couldnt be worse with this one. I was really hoping to be herpes free for the wedding.

I find the compeed patches great tbf, but I tried the aldi/lidl brand on the last coldsore. They suck, dont waste your money. I got the compeed again this morning so here's hoping I dont get anymore.

Glad to hear your on the mend wolfpat, hopefully that 'hairball' will pass soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Loubian,
    I'm so glad everything was ok with your baby. Just wanted to let you know I had a few worries last week and ended up going into my gp to listen to the heartbeat for some reassurance after the midwife in fetal assessment rang with some results. I mentioned getting a fetal doppler and she really strongly advised against it. I know after looking into it that it can be easy (especially earlier on) to confuse other sounds with the baby's heartbeat, and the midwife's worry was that I'd hear something and be reassured even though everything might not be ok...
    She reckons it is best to go with your instincts and go to the hospital/doctor if you feel something is wrong. 99 times out of a 100 you'll be wrong, but it doesn't take that long to check and that's what they are there for.

Of course I say all this not knowing where on earth you are and you could be miles from a hospital or doctor so just 'popping in' might not be an option.... In that case, maybe your doctor could show you how to use the doppler at home so you are listening for the right sounds?

Just thought I'd pass on what she said. x

Hey, thanks for replying. I am quite near to the hospital, less than ten minute walk from work and 25 minute drive from home, so if anything went wrong, i would get the chance to go in. Thanks for sharing what your doctor said. I probably won't end up getting one as i know myself when i worry i would doubt myself, so i'm just going to try stay as calm as i can now. She has been moving a good bit over the weekend, and i can actually feel her up higher which means my stomach has distorted shape a few times, I've been dying for that to happen, so i'm going to try my best and just take it easy. The nurse said as long as we feel ten movements in a 10-12 hour period, then it's ok.

Came downstairs this morning, house was in a mess as OH had friends over watching snooker... I can live with the cans and bottles but they ate my choc chip cookies (im gone so bad at sharing my food)

Breathe 1...2...3......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Came downstairs this morning, house was in a mess as OH had friends over watching snooker... I can live with the cans and bottles but they ate my choc chip cookies (im gone so bad at sharing my food)

Breathe 1...2...3......

Taking chocolate from a pregnant woman? That's seriously foolish!!

My moan is my morning sickness has come back. :( I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Wtf is that all about? Feeling very sorry for myself :(

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Taking chocolate from a pregnant woman? That's seriously foolish!!

My moan is my morning sickness has come back. :( I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Wtf is that all about? Feeling very sorry for myself :(

Awww Murdy you poor thing, your really gone through the mill :(

Advertisement