Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

deemark wrote: »
    I have one word for you ladies: piles:eek:

Nobody warned me about this! And they made an appearance on my week off. OH has been blessed by my fairly stable hormones so far, but this week he is living with an old woman, who makes a lot of strange noises and is often on the verge of tears.... bleugh.....

I had this near the end too. What I found hilarious was that the product you use for it is called 'Anusol' LOL. It works great though. Expect a reappearance after Labour by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Deemark I feel for you, I had them really really bad in the first few months thanks to chronic constipation and again a bit in the last few weeks.
    All I can recommend is that you drink gallons of water to keep all that goes out soft if you know what I mean :o
    My doc has me on Lactulose since about week 17 and its the days I forget to take it/at least a litre of water that I get bother with them.

If they get really bad there is stronger stuff the doc can give you on prescription - I didn't realise this for a long time and was relying on the over the counter stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

If they get really bad there is stronger stuff the doc can give you on prescription - I didn't realise this for a long time and was relying on the over the counter stuff.

Oh, don't you worry, I made the doc give me something! He warned me that the chemist might give out to me, but I'm fairly sure that the look on my face showed I didn't really care at that stage.

Thanks for the sympathy girls; misery loves company;). Am firing the water into me, the cream seems to be working a wee bit so here's hoping and I'm now beginning to see the funny side - I've christened them Zig and Zag:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's the one thing I have avoided both pregnancies thank God!

The one thing I can't escape is the thrush! Had a really bad dose on first pregnancy that ended up with me in the hospital and a few smaller doses this pregnancy but thankfully none got as bad as the first time! I had never suffered from thrush before pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Aw deemark that sounds awful! Like adrieanne, I've been really lucky to avoid piles during my pregnancy. I really hope your feeling better soon.

I've decided I don't even like my baby. I don't want it anymore, and would happily trade it in for a hamster!!! :eek:

Thought I could be going into prelabour the last few days, but now I've given up all hopes. Got a little better yesterday...not many contractions, not too much pain. But then my usually active baby went completely silent, which freaked me out. Drank like a litre of orange juice and only got a little bit of movement. Called the hospital and they said they were happy with "That" whatever that means. (On a side note...i am not racist AT ALL...but seriously. They should NOT allow foreigners with heavy accents to work the phones...talking to the stupid whoever she was last night just upset me because she contradicted what the midwife told me and all i could hear was a thick indian accent and no words!)

Woke up in the night with severe cramping, heartburn and a need to vomit like ive never experienced before. Didn't know what was going on, guzzled the gaviscon, ate some mints in my sleep...got it a litle better, and now today I'm having the worst cramping of my life.

Get it out! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

No moan from me today, even though I feel like I could moan for Ireland. I'm just so glad that I am gonna be giving birth in 2010 and not the 60s, 70s or 80s under that butcher doctor they did the special about the other night on Prime Time. Symphysiotomy. Janey. And I thought I had it hard with the auld Symphsis Pubis Disorder, at least no one is gonna chop it apart deliberately to keep me from having ideas about using contraception! whew!:D

On a more helpful note, those of ye with the piles (Zig and Zag..... I actually wet myself! ~thank you!) Try tracking down Preparation H wipes. They contain mostly natural stuff like witch hazel and are supposed to help the swelling go down. you use them in place of regular toilet roll and they are quite soothing. They also support any treatment you are using and are safe during pregnancy. Hope this helps.xx

Target widow, I agree entirely. I didn't see the Prime Time show about it, but the bit I seen on the news was enough to make my eyes water.
    Those poor women, what an act of butchery to do to a woman :eek:

Great advice on the Prep. H wipes too I'm definitely going to see if I can get some tomorrow to stick into my hospital bag :)

Hacked I feel for you, my moan for today is also fake contractions :mad:

I was all excited yesterday, had pain all day long and no amount of walking/lying down would ease, but I didn't mind because I thought babs was on the way.
    She'd dropped down real low and I was getting irregular contractions, not just the period pain type one's - the one's that leave you sore all over.
    Got to 7pm and it was like someone pressed the 'off' button!

Contractions and all pain stopped but baby stayed down low even til this morning, went for my morning shower and noticed baby had gone right back up again :rolleyes:

I'm hoping it is a sign that she's getting ready to come meet us all soon but have a feeling I realistically could be another week or even two as she is up high now and haven't had any pain.

I'm glad I'm not alone as I had the same as you hacked, baby went really quiet and would only move when I prodded her.
    I was awake half the night worrying about it then the little fecker obviously woke up and started doing Riverdance in there for two hours :rolleyes:

DeeMark - I love that you've named them :D I seen them called 'Ar$e Acorns' on another pregnancy website, love that name!
    The stuff I got was called 'Scheriproct' - there wasn't an immediately obvious result (I was hoping for magic wand immediate dissapearance of them :rolleyes: ) but after a week it had be right as rain :)

Adrieanne - that sounds equally painful, I have a friend that gets Thrush frequently but especially if she uses coloured toilet paper. Whatever is in the peach/pink loo roll causes it to become much worse :confused:

ah cap i seem to be able to empathise with you especially these days!!

My contractions have been awful and consistant...still could be prelabour as i might have some sort of bloody show at the beginning of the week. But yeah...my baby does the same...shedoesnt go up high, but she'll engage and then wiggle just a little bit backwards on a regular basis! Drives me bananas!

On a lighter note...my 4 year old sister had me in hysterics today. Was in mass amounts of pain with some of these old contractions, and she asked me if I was ok.
    "I'm just a bit sore. The baby is hurting me. She might come soon though!"
    "When is she going ot be here?"
    "Well, I don't quite know. Babies just like to decide themselves when they are good and ready."
    "And you have to push realllllly hard out of your bum!!"
    I was a little shocked at that as we have never discussed it before. "um, well something like that..."
    "yes...I remember. I saw the lady on tv!"

Was in hysterics...what are they watching these days?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Try tracking down Preparation H wipes.

Great advice Target, thank you. Will get these as it seems once I've had these bloody aliens, I'm gonna get them again:mad:
    I seen them called 'Ar$e Acorns' on another pregnancy website, love that name! The stuff I got was called 'Scheriproct'

That's a good one!:D That Scheriproct is the stuff I got as well, am hoping effects are gonna kick in soon...any minute now...

Went over to visit a friend's house the other night after my appointment and brought some sweets for her kids. Had to get her to put on the main light as I was on danger of pulling out a pee test tube and my rectal ointment instead of the pushpops! Have suddenly got quite private about my handbag!

Hacked & Cap, god love ye, all of those false starts must be very frustrating. Hopefully, the babies get their asses (and the rest) in gear soon!

ok so what kind of emotions are you ladies in your last month having? I feel like i've got an awful awful case of the crazies!!

I'm upset about eeeeevrything. I dont feel comftorable about anything! I'm worried about being on my own and going into labour (although I want to stay in my own flat as I get more rest), I'm worried about ignoring real labour because I've had so much false labour I don't think I'll know how to distiguish between the two. I'm worried Iwon't be able to get through to my birthing partner.

I'm worried about Holles Street in general...I don't like the hospital and do not feel comftorable having my baby there. There are some great people in there, but I don't get to see them very often. Everything they have told me my whole pregnancy has eneded up being 100% WRONG, I have usually ended up being right (not that they would give me any credit for that...), the doctors and some midwives INSIST on giving you information, yet every single person I talk to has a different opinion and contradicts the rest. That TOTALLY inspires me with confidence...esp as they've all been wrong this far. Then infuriatingly enough, they just tell ME i'm wrong all the time even though i end up being right a lot. It;s very upsetting when you don't know how to go about with this baby and pregnancy stuff!

I'm worried that I don't like my baby and even though I knowthat it's because of all the pain at the moment, I get scared i'll have nofeelings for her when she's born.

I'm worried that she's never going to come and I'm never going to stop having this perpetual labour!

And I can't stop having crying spells! One minute I'm great, the next I'm crying.

I feel like a freakshow. :o:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ebmma

hacked wrote: »
    ok so what kind of emotions are you ladies in your last month having? I feel like i've got an awful awful case of the crazies!!

I'm upset about eeeeevrything. I dont feel comftorable about anything! I'm worried about being on my own and going into labour (although I want to stay in my own flat as I get more rest), I'm worried about ignoring real labour because I've had so much false labour I don't think I'll know how to distiguish between the two. I'm worried Iwon't be able to get through to my birthing partner.

I'm worried about Holles Street in general...I don't like the hospital and do not feel comftorable having my baby there. There are some great people in there, but I don't get to see them very often. Everything they have told me my whole pregnancy has eneded up being 100% WRONG, I have usually ended up being right (not that they would give me any credit for that...), the doctors and some midwives INSIST on giving you information, yet every single person I talk to has a different opinion and contradicts the rest. That TOTALLY inspires me with confidence...esp as they've all been wrong this far. Then infuriatingly enough, they just tell ME i'm wrong all the time even though i end up being right a lot. It;s very upsetting when you don't know how to go about with this baby and pregnancy stuff!

I'm worried that I don't like my baby and even though I knowthat it's because of all the pain at the moment, I get scared i'll have nofeelings for her when she's born.

I'm worried that she's never going to come and I'm never going to stop having this perpetual labour!

And I can't stop having crying spells! One minute I'm great, the next I'm crying.

I feel like a freakshow. :o:P

Hey there, hope you're feeling a bit better...

I dunno if that's any help to you, and my sort of opinion is probably frowned upon...
    But here it goes: you don't have anyone to like yet. Yes, your little girl is very much real inside you and kicking away and will be born sometime soon. But she is still not here. I believe people are just different - some bond with 3 week old embryo like if they already had a smiling bouncing child in front of them and no amount of aches and discomfort changes that. Some people are somewhat detached and it doesn't become real for a long while (maybe a scan, maybe when baby is already born).

Anyway, what I'm trying t say I don't think it's worng or abnormal not to be totally and unconditionally in love with your baby while pregnant.
    I'm sure you'll like her well enough when she shows up and you get to know her a bit better :-)

Personally, I still occasionally forget I'm pregnant (at 39 weeks, lol) and while I think I'll really like my future baby boy I'm not 100% certain it'll be instant. Also I think most of my preemptive love is based on the fact that my little one is a mini version of my OH who I love to bits. So it's barely even about the baby at all at this stage...

I think it's normal, but maybe I'm horrible :D:D:D

Ebmma I think that makes a lot of sense and its not horrible.

Its easy for non pregnant people to assume you'll love baby unconditionally from the minute you get the positive pregnancy test but when you're constantly tired/hormonal/sore etc it can be hard to focus and remember that its all for a good cause at the end :)

I did tend to forget being pregnant until I had the 3D scan and seen baby, she became real then.
    Though that said the last few days coming up to (and passing! :( ) due date with no sign of anything happening it can be all too easy to get fed up and wish the pregnancy was over already!

Hacked hopefully the next few weeks will fly by for you and when you hold that little bundle of joy/terror for the first time it'll have been worth all the pain :)
    Are you moving into your new apartment next week?

I had an (attempted) sweep today but was not dilated enough yet for it to be possible so the Doctor tried to loosen the cervix instead. Sore all day now as a result but I really hope baby will get the hint and get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Girls if it is any consolation I had my daughter and while I looked at her and thought Wow I made that isn't she lovely..... I still expected someone to come into the ward and tell me she wasn't REALLY mine and that they'd be taking her now to give her to someone else. I would not have surprised me terribly. I remember when she was about 6 weeks old and I started getting those lovely gassy smiles in her sleep when I took her up for her feed at night. That's when I fell in love. I couldn't take my eyes off her and never willingly put her down to sleep. I would gladly have sat up all night staring at her fat little face. So it doesn't happen during pregnancy for alot of people I bet if they are honest (and very few women are really honest about anything to do with pregnancy and motherhood (except in these threads!)). We are all doing out best.

My moan for today is silly twits who see me reaching (head level) to get something at work and start telling horror stories about a woman they know (but can never name because she is really non-existant) who ended up having a stillborn baby with the cord wrapped around the baby's neck and it was all the fault of the mammy for reaching over her head. I will headbut the next one that perpetuates that rubbish with me! Why are women always so hard on other women?!:mad:

Oh my goodness am I ever craving today! Lorina Orangeade. And I can't get it anywhere around here. Am off now to try to order a crate of it online.:D

I agree 100% Target Widow, or the idiots that tell you about this 'friend of a friend' they know that had a 30 hour labour 20 stitches etc

I think they're from the same class of moron that tell you about plane crashes when you tell them you're going on holidays :rolleyes:

ebmma -- thank you, thats makes so much sense! Feeling a lot better now, think last week was just one of those out of control hormone weeks. :o Feeling slightly saner now, but thank you...it helps to know I'm not the only one out there feeling like that. :)

Cap -- how are you getting on? You haven't posted since yesterday, so I am hoping this is a good sign for you!

Yes actually, moving slowly as of tomorrow. I just got back from signing the lease. It's very messy. I have to give my current landlord a week notice to get my deposit back, so technically will be saying im moving in the 4th of march. But paying for new place as of 1st, so will most likely spend most of my time there. Got the key today though, so Thinking I'll slowly move my stuff in from tomorrow and over the weekend...not so overwhelming and exhausting that way. Also very exciting as it means I Get to officially set up the nursery! :D

Baby has calmed down now...not as much pain. I've decided tot hink of myself as a week behind what i am so as not to get too dissapointed...thus leaving me at 37 weeks for the next 2 days! Fortunately actually getting to act on the moving and get my bits and pieces together is disctracting me...so I'm going to focus on that!

Hacked, no such luck I'm afraid still here! had loads of pain all night and a few contractions this morning then as usual like someone hits the 'off' switch and it all stops!

At least I know the longest I will be like this is next Wednesday I'm focusing on that instead as my 'due date' as all these fake contractions and false starts have me mentally exhausted!

Congrats on the apartment that's fantastic that you're getting the keys so soon. I hope you have plenty of help moving your stuff from one apartment to the other :)

I've no moan for today (makes a change ;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Swizzles

Hacked delighted your feeling better I get like that sometimes its hard to adjust while you dont actually see the results :)Good luck on the moving ..Were picking up out keys Friday :D:D:DSoooo excited /Scared /Nervous (Im moving out of home:o)

My moan is the fact i look fat and not pregnant ..:( Not go for the ego when before i got pregnant i lost 3 stone...My monster appetite has returned with a vengence though :(:(

Could be worse tho eh :)

thanks swizzles! So excited for you too. Moving out for the first time is exciting enough, but moving out and preparing a baby must be amazing! what kind of place have you got yourself? I hope you have some help moving things! Don't you be lifting...i'm a stupid girl, and I do...but I am now regretting it majorly!

I can relate to the fatness. I am too big to move at this stage...my bump keeps getting in the way and ripping things out of the way. At least this is weight with a purpose! And remember...so much of it is fluid retention, baby, and all manner of other things....amniotic fluid, placenta, etc. :)

Swizzles I know what you mean I was like that for the first few months, I only really got a proper 'bump' at 6 months, other than that I just looked podgy like I'd let myself go!

Did anyone see Eastenders tonight, Shabnam giving birth?
    Omigod I was such a sight sitting on my birthing ball bawling my eyes out when the baby wasn't breathing at first.
    Bloody hormones!

Well we got a 3 bed house ..Coz were in Cork the rent isnt as expensive plus when i saw this place i fell in love with it:D
    Ohhh no no heavy lifting ...Im making the most of this.. Milking it to the extreme :p
    And course your gona be big your due in 3 weeks :p i gots another 20 to go :o oh dear lol

• Advertisement

Ok then one more month for a proper bump ..Hopefully:D
    Well im like 5ft 9 so thats prob why its taking longer:confused:

And omg Eastenders was proper weapy and then Greys anatomy ..Im like its a sign :( i havent felt flutters today its a sign :( then i snap out of it Damn hormones...Someone remind me when im 36 weeks that i once sobbed becoz of no flutters see how il feel then :D:D

Tbf the eastenders baby was huge:eek:

I have a moan for today: I'm sore!! Probably would be glad if thought it might be n indication of the 'big day' coming soon, but it only hurts on one side of my tummy and mostly only if I move around.
    bleh :mad:

ebmma -- i get that all the time...it's just cramping. Happens to me on my left side when i walk too much. It's a sign to slow down and rest!!! Take it easy my dear!

swizzles -- lol do not watch grey's anatomy or ESPECIALLY Private Practice at the moment. My god...the amount of baby disasters would scare the crap out of you!

I'm pretty ok for now. Very tired. I don't hasve a choice but to bend and lift and im completely exhausted. Been so so sick all night and all day...can't eat anything, not even toast. Seriously hoping this is a good sign. I think i'll have a mental break down if i go into another false labour!!

Swizzles wrote: »
    Tbf the eastenders baby was huge:eek:

Thought that alright, I was cringing at the thoughts of pushing out something that size :D
    Though looking at him on tonight's Eastenders I'm going all gooey at the thoughts of holding a little baby. Hopefully it'll happen soon :)

Ebmma I hope you're not so sore now. I had that a bit this morning I thought the baby was going to re-enact that scene from the film 'Alien' and tear out of my tummy :eek:

My moan for today is people texting/ringing me daily 'any sign yet' or 'so have you had the baby yet'. These are people I'm close to that know full well I'd tell them as soon as baby is here!!

Or what bugs me even more is people texting/emailing 'any sign yet', I go to the bother of replying to them and asking them how they are etc and they don't bother replying, just follow up a few days later with the same 'any sign yet'.
    Its like unless I reply with 'yes I'm doubled over with contractions this very minute' then they're not interested!
    I know I've little to be worrying about if thats the worse I have to moan about :o

My moan for today is people texting/ringing me daily 'any sign yet' or 'so have you had the baby yet'. These are people I'm close to that know full well I'd tell them as soon as baby is here!!

Or what bugs me even more is people texting/emailing 'any sign yet', I go to the bother of replying to them and asking them how they are etc and they don't bother replying, just follow up a few days later with the same 'any sign yet'.
    Its like unless I reply with 'yes I'm doubled over with contractions this very minute' then they're not interested!
    I know I've little to be worrying about if thats the worse I have to moan about :o

oh my god...same here! ALLL the time. I sign into facebook and i have 100 thousand messages...is baby here yet?? If you stop asking me you might live to find out some day :p

hacked wrote: »
    ebmma -- i get that all the time...it's just cramping. Happens to me on my left side when i walk too much. It's a sign to slow down and rest!!! Take it easy my dear!

hee hee, I think my waters broke!:D:D:D

OMG Ebmma congrats!!!!!
    Here's hoping it'll be a nice quick painless labour!

and please for the love of God will someone tell me how to get my own sprog out, I'm obviously doing something wrong :p:D

ebmma wrote: »
    hee hee, I think my waters broke!:D:D:D

Congrats!!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you...can't wait to hear back from you!!

Cap -- I wish I could help you!! I tried bouncing on an excercise ball for a while. My mom had me in stiches when I told her about it. She got very serious and very concerned and was worried about scrambling the poor childs brain!! I was hoping bending and mild lifting and moving would do the trick...but no such luck! Everyone tells me Castor oil works, but to think it seriously through as it can lead to cramping and diahhrea....so how desperate are you really?

My little girl has me in stitches sometimes. The other day I had been talking really softly, and then let out a reall loud laugh and felt her start. Today i was washing dishes and something crashed, and my lord my whole stomach jumped....baby's first massive fright!!! lol

My current moan is....i have too much work to do!! And I hate the fact I don't have help exactly when I need it. Which is very selfish and whiney, i know. I spent 4 hours or so packing and bending and lifting and crap this morning and doing dishes and am now very tired. I actually had to leave the house and come to my parents to stop myself working. I'm very tired and would love to have the option of rest!

@ Hacked that is hilarious couldn't you just picture the child dizzy in there from all the ball bouncing :D

My moan for today is ...40 + 6 - nuff said! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Too much to moan about today!

I have SPD, nosebleeds, toothache which I suspect I may need Root Canal and a Chest and Throat Infection! And to top it all up... the doc gave me medication which he thinks I shouldn't take as I am entering my 3rd trimester and if I happen to go into labour might cause a hole in my heart! Why give it to me then??? :mad:
    Ah no, he is a sweetheart really... I suppose he is just be cautious! And its there if I really get bad. The cough alone is causing nosebleeds which I might add are pretty scary as I have never had one before. If I don't get a nosebleed it is makes me vomit! Oh the joys of pregnancy!

Advertisement