Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Taking chocolate from a pregnant woman? That's seriously foolish!!

My moan is my morning sickness has come back. :( I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Wtf is that all about? Feeling very sorry for myself :(

Oh MW, my heart goes out to you. You haven't had it easy at all. Hopefully it doesn't stay long :(

Inlikeflynn, if I went to bed and the guys were over and ate my food, death would be imminent! We live for our nibblies at this time.

I was up all night for a few reasons. I am coughing mad and the worst part is I keep having little accidents so I am forcing myself to the bathroom every few min, but still there seems to be more ready to come out! Bloody progesterone levels, my little guy decided to sleep in my bed last night, he took up the center of the bed, and somehow managed to take a double duvet to himself too! And I was up at 3 for a boxing fight on in America, which was had a decision as dodgy as a CK bag for sale on a stall on Henry's Street!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Oh MW, my heart goes out to you. You haven't had it easy at all. Hopefully it doesn't stay long :(

Inlikeflynn, if I went to bed and the guys were over and ate my food, death would be imminent! We live for our nibblies at this time.

I was up all night for a few reasons. I am coughing mad and the worst part is I keep having little accidents so I am forcing myself to the bathroom every few min, but still there seems to be more ready to come out! Bloody progesterone levels, my little guy decided to sleep in my bed last night, he took up the center of the bed, and somehow managed to take a double duvet to himself too! And I was up at 3 for a boxing fight on in America, which was had a decision as dodgy as a CK bag for sale on a stall on Henry's Street!

Awww no isn't clearing up at all for you? That feeling is horrible :( I had to sneeze the other day but had this feeling to run to the loo amidst it...lm glad I did! I agree the little people always manages to take up everywhere ;) even I'm short but always manage to push my way into the centre of the bed while himself sleeps hanging off the side! Hope you get a nap today!

He promised me he's going to buy me cookies and milk later ;) going to his parents for dinner.... Starting to feel bad though as his mam rang me yesterday and asked me what I fancied so she went off and got roast beef and croquettes and makng me mash potatoes for everyone because that's what I saidi wanted .... OH says feck it, she asked me! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thanks ladies, had a busy two days and didn't get to rest much, we think that brings sickness on. Also may be a growth spurt. So, staying in bed today sipping diet coke!

Inlikeflynn - you should be getting the dinner you want. You need to be pampered! Your mother in law sounds lovely :)

Hope you get some sleep today wolfpawnat, I know how tough being in zombie mode can be! I'm noticing the pee thing too lately, have to rush to loo a lot and if I'm not near one things get a bit hairy!

Awww no isn't clearing up at all for you? That feeling is horrible :( I had to sneeze the other day but had this feeling to run to the loo amidst it...lm glad I did! I agree the little people always manages to take up everywhere ;) even I'm short but always manage to push my way into the centre of the bed while himself sleeps hanging off the side! Hope you get a nap today!

He promised me he's going to buy me cookies and milk later ;) going to his parents for dinner.... Starting to feel bad though as his mam rang me yesterday and asked me what I fancied so she went off and got roast beef and croquettes and makng me mash potatoes for everyone because that's what I saidi wanted .... OH says feck it, she asked me! Haha

The cough is going, but because I was so sick with yellow/green gunk, I am coughing constantly to rid the last of it, but it means I have a headache and a sore chest and throat from all the coughing, but it is getting a bit better today, thank goodness.

Nice of him to get more, but what about now? I love nibbling throughout the day. I have no nibbles in the house and am cranky as a result.

MW, no sleep allowed in my house during days. Little guy makes sure of that (he is a second shadow these days). We'll go to the park after lunch so the fresh air will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

poor murdy, morning sickness again! Hope it goes away soon....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Oh murdy I'm so sorry the sickness is back - hopefully it won't last!!

Wolfpawnat I hear ya on the sleep - I'm feckin shattered - my head is spinning at night and I barely got 3 hrs last night. Not able to nap ( cos of daughter but anyway I never could!)

My moan is discomfort... I'm just so sore everywhere now. Cramping occasionally , belly just feels heavy & sore. Very hormonal :(
    Nervous all the time :(
    Eugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'm not moaning, because i'm just happy i can feel her, but she's really sitting on my guts today, i can feel everything being pulled downwards and am bursting every 20 mins!! ha!

Oh and had my first experience of randomly bursting out crying for no reason yesterday. I was in my dad's, he didn't know what to do!
    "Why are you crying?"
    "i don't know!!!!"
    ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Had my check up tody and was told to come back this week for whopping cough injection and its 60€! It not funded by h.s.e cause no money but. Apparently big outbreak of it! Are any u getting it? Bit nervous to get it even though doc said no side effects?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I didn't get it. My gp advised against it. I had to laugh last week at the irony of the contradictory information as apparently whopping cough vac is safe although never tested on pregnant women (because nothing ever is) but exputex isn't allowed. So now I'm on antibiotics for a chest infection that probably could've been prevented with an otc cough medicine. I'd be prone to chesty coughs at the best of times and exputex always works.

I was offered a sweep today but declined because the consultant admitted it would probably be painful. I'm uncomfortable enough between the pressure pains and the chesty cough without adding to my general state of uncomfortableness.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

lynda18 wrote: »
    Had my check up tody and was told to come back this week for whopping cough injection and its 60€! It not funded by h.s.e cause no money but. Apparently big outbreak of it! Are any u getting it? Bit nervous to get it even though doc said no side effects?

Hi lynda.
    I ordered the vaccine with my gp when I was about 28/9 weeks as I had read about the outbreak and that pregnant women were advised to be vaccinated. Paid €30 for it to be ordered. I never actually went ahead with it though. I started doing a bit of research and it turns out this is the first year that its been advised to be given to expectant mothers. I also read on certain websites about people's experiences with the vaccine and some of them were rather negative.. Some were positive too!
    I don't think you should let your doctor sway your opinion. If you are in anyways uncomfortable or nervous in getting it done then maybe you shouldn't just yet.
    I decided to wait.
    Best of luck with your decision.

• Advertisement

It's finally warm enough in work that others were convinced that the air con needed to go on. As the phrase goes, there's always one.. one girl who said it was baltic, but i stood my ground and said there's three people over here who are roasting (never mind me being 4 times more hot because of the bun in the oven), and even though she questioned them herself, the air con is still on!! Random, but successful!!

Edit: they're putting the heat back on:eek:

The spicey food & pineapple I'm eating to try bring on labour are killin me with heartburn!! Haha there's no winning!!!

dublinlady wrote: »
    The spicey food & pineapple I'm eating to try bring on labour are killin me with heartburn!! Haha there's no winning!!!

I feel for you. The other day i was hungry/heartburny, i was so confused as to what i needed ha!

My moan is that it's absolutely boiling in work. What's the opposite of baltic?

loubian wrote: »
    I feel for you. The other day i was hungry/heartburny, i was so confused as to what i needed ha!

My moan is that it's absolutely boiling in work. What's the opposite of baltic?

Do they still have the AC on loubian?

I had the worst experience today. The alarm went off as I was walking out of my nearest Tesco's. Now at the moment I was walking out, a older woman (near pension age) was walking in and she had a bag from another shop with her. But the security guard only stopped me and checked my shopping and receipt and let her walk into the store!!!

I asked him why he didn't stop her, he said that she was only coming in! I was so mad, all my shopping was tetris packed due to lack of bags and he told me to pull them all out. And people watching me as I had to bend down under my son's buggy and lay out my food as he checked it against my receipt! I was so píssed, everything was exactly right and it wasn't me that set off the alarm. I just feel so angry!

I had the worst experience today. The alarm went off as I was walking out of my nearest Tesco's. Now at the moment I was walking out, a older woman (near pension age) was walking in and she had a bag from another shop with her. But the security guard only stopped me and checked my shopping and receipt and let her walk into the store!!!

I asked him why he didn't stop her, he said that she was only coming in! I was so mad, all my shopping was tetris packed due to lack of bags and he told me to pull them all out. And people watching me as I had to bend down under my son's buggy and lay out my food as he checked it against my receipt! I was so píssed, everything was exactly right and it wasn't me that set off the alarm. I just feel so angry!

Well they had the heat on this morning, i think it was turned off around lunch time but the ac wasn't allowed on because there's one girl who sits under it and complains that her hands are numb. Some people just like ruling the world don't they? Anyway, i think it was after eating too that i just got overly warm. I am sans cardigan now, so i'm not too bad, but it's unhealthy! I'd say the baby is dozing in the heat!! :P

Some people just don't have any consideration for pregnant woman. Understandably he had to check, but to make you take out everything and then repack - i bet he didn't even help.

loubian wrote: »
    Well they had the heat on this morning, i think it was turned off around lunch time but the ac wasn't allowed on because there's one girl who sits under it and complains that her hands are numb. Some people just like ruling the world don't they? Anyway, i think it was after eating too that i just got overly warm. I am sans cardigan now, so i'm not too bad, but it's unhealthy! I'd say the baby is dozing in the heat!! :P

Some people just don't have any consideration for pregnant woman. Understandably he had to check, but to make you take out everything and then repack - i bet he didn't even help.

Nothing worse than that one contrary person!

He did in his butt offer to help, just stood there staring, even glaring at my son for eating the lollipop I had paid for! I don't mind him checking, I understand the alarm went off, it is a business not a charity, but as I said to him, since two people went through the barrier (well alarm-thing) at once BOTH should have been stopped, she may have bought something elsewhere (since she had a bag from another shop) and they not have taken off the tags. I didn't even get a "sorry for the inconvenience" off the fécker. It must be a new guy, I never saw him before and I have a great rapport with the usual lads. My little fella goes and gives them high-fives and they ask how I am getting on with the pregnancy and everything!

Nothing worse than that one contrary person!

He did in his butt offer to help, just stood there staring, even glaring at my son for eating the lollipop I had paid for! I don't mind him checking, I understand the alarm went off, it is a business not a charity, but as I said to him, since two people went through the barrier (well alarm-thing) at once BOTH should have been stopped, she may have bought something elsewhere (since she had a bag from another shop) and they not have taken off the tags. I didn't even get a "sorry for the inconvenience" off the fécker. It must be a new guy, I never saw him before and I have a great rapport with the usual lads. My little fella goes and gives them high-fives and they ask how I am getting on with the pregnancy and everything!

Yeh, it was the same girl yesterday who had the cold air turned off even though at least three of us were roasting. She didn't care, just that she was too cold!

Cheek of him! Esp for glaring at your son! Maybe he won't last long if those habits keep up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Oh no that was bad form tesco think they given something for inconvinence !
    I would of said it manager

Ha ha I think we feel heat alot more. Guy in work had heat ok and I asked turn off as I couldn't last and he couldn't believe me. Said it was freezing!

Dublin lady hope pineapple works! When due date? Such a waiting game! I'm just over 33 weeks and getting fed up! Ha!

I have a prenatal pilates dvd. I haven't done pilates in about two years. Dya think i should go to a class to catch up before i start, or just go ahead? I read somewhere after first trimester you're not meant to do much exercise on your back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Firmly-worded email to the manager, CC'ed to tesco head office, should see you in receipt of an apology and maybe a few vouchers... Really push the heavily pregnant and knackered bit!!

• Advertisement

lynda18 wrote: »
    Oh no that was bad form tesco think they given something for inconvinence !
    I would of said it manager

It was the one day I could have done without the inconvenience of it all. I was in a rush home, but I have emailed my grievances to them. His attitude and the way he treated us was uncalled for, especially when it was clear we did nothing wrong. It is the OH's birthday and the day has just gone belly-up on us both, but we are relaxing a bit more now, the baby is less than pleased at my stress levels, it is kicking mad!

Dublinlady - I also have terrible heartburn today, don't know where it came from. It's horrible!

Wolfpawnat - not impressed with Tesco at all there and it's probably the same one I go to! I will give any security guards dirty looks when I'm there next :P

nikpmup wrote: »
    Firmly-worded email to the manager, CC'ed to tesco head office, should see you in receipt of an apology and maybe a few vouchers... Really push the heavily pregnant and knackered bit!!

Not even bothered about vouchers, I would rather just an apology for the way I was treated unfairly. There were two people in the doorway, not one, we both should have been checked, and the way he demanded everything pulled out and was irritated it took a few minutes, bending under a buggy is not easy at the best of times, with a biggish belly, you're more likely to take your time, he was acting like I inconvenienced him for doing his job!!!

Dublinlady - I also have terrible heartburn today, don't know where it came from. It's horrible!

Wolfpawnat - not impressed with Tesco at all there and it's probably the same one I go to! I will give any security guards dirty looks when I'm there next :P

Same with the heartburn. Must be the weather, I feel like a dragon with fire breath. More than likely the same one MW, but as I said, the lads are usually lovely so I was shocked by this guy.

Same with the heartburn. Must be the weather, I feel like a dragon with fire breath. More than likely the same one MW, but as I said, the lads are usually lovely so I was shocked by this guy.

Yeah, the heartburn is weird. I haven't had any in ages and today it's awful. I was going to make Mexican for dinner and now I'm not so sure. Don't think it would be the best idea for me!

Yeah, the heartburn is weird. I haven't had any in ages and today it's awful. I was going to make Mexican for dinner and now I'm not so sure. Don't think it would be the best idea for me!

We are having homemade chilli with hot tortilla chips (OH's fav), I am in for a long night! Though I drink a pint of milk with my dinner and I find it really helps my heartburn.

We are having homemade chilli with hot tortilla chips (OH's fav), I am in for a long night! Though I drink a pint of milk with my dinner and I find it really helps my heartburn.

I'm loving the milk too- we're going through 2 litre jugs of it at a phenomenal rate. I also really recommend rice pudding. It soaks it all up with it's carby-ness and is milky too. Luckily I'm a big milk drinker anyway so drinking lots of it is no hardship for me :pac:

I'm loving the milk too- we're going through 2 litre jugs of it at a phenomenal rate. I also really recommend rice pudding. It soaks it all up with it's carby-ness and is milky too. Luckily I'm a big milk drinker anyway so drinking lots of it is no hardship for me :pac:
    Yes, I was at the doc the other day and she asked me about my diet. I was honest, that I am not the best (some days I only want cereal for dinner), she said the main thing is to increase dairy intake. I just nodded and stated "I think I can do that" Inside I was delighted.

We go through at least 3 litres here in 24 hours!!!! :eek:

Ohh I'm having curry again tonight - ill def drink milk with it - sounds fab right now! I thought I'd get relief from the heartburn now that babs has engaged and moved down but apparently her big fat ass is still pushing my stomach up!!!!
    I'm 39 weeks Tom lynda! Every day is a yr.. Lol!!
    Wolfpawnat I'm glad u complained - fair enough checking as that is protocol but help at the very least - bending over is
    killer for heartburn!
    I'm actually chewing rennie like they are sweets... The orange ones have stopped working so I'm only the ice mint! I'm dreading the heartburn after tonight's dinner but it'll be worth it if it works!! And now I have a cold glass of milk to look firwArd to!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I rarely get heartburn from dinner regardless of how spicy it is. I've noticed crackers, toast and biscuits kill me though so it seems carbs are my trigger. The reflux is actually worse for me than heartburn. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to be sick with it. Thankfully the orange rennies still work and I haven't had to go near yucky gaviscon.

Wolfpawnat it seems the security guard discriminated against you because you had a toddler in a buggy. Make sure you reference that as he obviously thought you were more likely than the little old dear. Disgraceful carry on really especially if two of you passed at the same time.

Advertisement