Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Need to vent!!!!

So Im getting married TODAY and I find out from another family member LAST NIGHT that my brother is bringing one of his kid's friends to my immediate family only wedding. Apparently he has some family issues and my brother's family have been granted temporary care.

Now Im sorry for the kid but the way my brother's going about this is inexcusable! Not only did he not ask me if the child could come, he deliberately told no one about him till Tuesday and when they asked if he asked me, he actually had the cheek to say he didnt need to! You dont get approved for foster care overnight so he's obviously known for weeks! Just didnt bother his arse coz he knew how I'd react.

Im raging!! I dont want a strange kid at my wedding! Who knows what kind of behavioural issues he has (junkie mother with a violent bf, dad died a year or so ago) and my brother's the type to throw a strop and not come today when I pull him on it. So my 24 person party could be down 7 people.

I should be happy today, instead Im upset and crying. ASSH*LE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Need to vent!!!!

So Im getting married TODAY and I find out from another family member LAST NIGHT that my brother is bringing one of his kid's friends to my immediate family only wedding. Apparently he has some family issues and my brother's family have been granted temporary care.

Now Im sorry for the kid but the way my brother's going about this is inexcusable! Not only did he not ask me if the child could come, he deliberately told no one about him till Tuesday and when they asked if he asked me, he actually had the cheek to say he didnt need to! You dont get approved for foster care overnight so he's obviously known for weeks! Just didnt bother his arse coz he knew how I'd react.

Im raging!! I dont want a strange kid at my wedding! Who knows what kind of behavioural issues he has (junkie mother with a violent bf, dad died a year or so ago) and my brother's the type to throw a strop and not come today when I pull him on it. So my 24 person party could be down 7 people.

Pat I had an issue (something similar) with two of my now sil before my wedding last year. They ended up not coming as we wouldn't back down ( coz it was our only wedding day) in the end we felt the people who really wanted to be there where there to share our day with us, it was the sil who lost out (and they were raging with themselves for missing it after). Like you we had a small wedding, 20 people. Just remember today is about you and your other half, your promise to spend the rest of your lives together and the little bundle you are expecting in Sept.
    At times like this you need to be a bit selfish and say sod them! Try not to let it upset you too much ( I know it's tough) but focus on the good things about today, plus the fantastic honeymoon tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Need to vent!!!!

Poor you - I completely understand why ur so annoyed. You 100% right and justified. However.... For the sake of you day and minimising drama could you ignore it all - let them all come, hope the child behaves - and if he doesn't have another family member deal with asking then all to leave as they are affecting the day. Chances are it'll go off without event and you can ignore the external stuff and focus on your lovely husband to be and how special today IS!
    It is compromising your morals in that your so right - this should have been discussed and planned - but at this late stage your full attention needs to be on you and hubbie - regardless of them being there! It's the best possible way to get the least drama and nicest day in my opinion. You can always take up the issue in a few weeks - but make today about you - don't let ANYONE take from that! Sometimes ignoring ppl and what looks like giving in is actually the best for you and so YOU are winning - this is your day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My moan is that i feel like my stomach is going to explode. Whatever way she turns just pushes it out. As long as she is moving,I'm happy, but sometimes i feel like i've no room left, and i'm only 27+4 :/:/ also everytime i walk she bounces on my bladder, i went into town after work and had to go to the bathroom twice and even when i was on the bus home, i needed to go again. She kicks right on my bladder or urethra (sorry tmi) and it's like uncontrollable urge to pee :/ n i am always paranoid about being absolutely bursting on a bus and having nowhere to go so was playing a game and counting cars to distract myself!!! it worked, but it was a long bus journey home!! also my appetite has gone down, i was enjoying eating lots but now i'm full after a glass of milk. i have quite a small torso (in length) so it's going to be awkward as she grows bigger haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I had my first "bump touching" today off my mams friend who I'm not a big fan of...

I froze to the spot but I warned my mam if her or anyone does it again i wont be backwards about coming forwards.....

Seriously like dont invade my personal space grrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I had my first "bump touching" today off my mams friend who I'm not a big fan of...

I froze to the spot but I warned my mam if her or anyone does it again i wont be backwards about coming forwards.....

Seriously like dont invade my personal space grrrrr

Do you know I was just thinking earlier nobody has tried to touch my bump - I feel left out now! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Do you know I was just thinking earlier nobody has tried to touch my bump - I feel left out now! ;)

It is horrible, rubbing and touching you without your consent. I have had people speaking to it randomly too. And just forcing their kids to touch it. Drives me mad!

OH is buying me a maternity top with "hands off the goods" wrote on it

Murdy don't feel left out!!! It's so rude!! My friends know not to touch me but if the baby's kicking il be like touch it!!! It's just when people do it unexpectantly!!

Wolfpawnat have you ever told anyone to f-off or anything??

OH is buying me a maternity top with "hands off the goods" wrote on it

Murdy don't feel left out!!! It's so rude!! My friends know not to touch me but if the baby's kicking il be like touch it!!! It's just when people do it unexpectantly!!

Wolfpawnat have you ever told anyone to f-off or anything??

You can hardly tell a three year old to F-off! I tend to step back and am too polite, it has actually hurt on occasion, or puts me off balance if they try to jiggle it. It's not fat, it's a baby!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Oh dear mother of god if I wake up again in the morning and I'm still in my bed and not in hospital after giving birth I think I'll cry. On the spot. As soon as I open my eyes.

Today is my due date. Do you remember I said I felt I'd go before and how you could all laugh at my naivety if I was still here.... Well now you can!

This waiting is pure torture. It's the not knowing when that's the killer.

And I'm officially a great waddling elephant. To those of you who think you're big at 20, 25, 30 weeks etc let me just say you enter a whole new realm of bigness once you get to your due date. There's nothing blooming about it except that you're blooming massive.

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    You can hardly tell a three year old to F-off! I tend to step back and am too polite, it has actually hurt on occasion, or puts me off balance if they try to jiggle it. It's not fat, it's a baby!!!!

Lol! id never tell a child to f-off! ive a 6 year old cousin who started putting their ear to my belly and its cute! Adults should have more cop on!!

My cousin is 32 weeks and had a woman walk up to her in Tescos and randomly touched her bump.... Cousin politely said please dont do that to me and in future respect a persons space.... Now if that ever happens to me i would tell someone where to go...

Lol! id never tell a child to f-off! ive a 6 year old cousin who started putting their ear to my belly and its cute! Adults should have more cop on!!

My cousin is 32 weeks and had a woman walk up to her in Tescos and randomly touched her bump.... Cousin politely said please dont do that to me and in future respect a persons space.... Now if that ever happens to me i would tell someone where to go...

Well I am going to himself's college today, first time I will have seen most of his friends since I got pregnant, I am scared to think of one or two I know will be rubbers!!!

Oh dear mother of god if I wake up again in the morning and I'm still in my bed and not in hospital after giving birth I think I'll cry. On the spot. As soon as I open my eyes.

Today is my due date. Do you remember I said I felt I'd go before and how you could all laugh at my naivety if I was still here.... Well now you can!

This waiting is pure torture. It's the not knowing when that's the killer.

And I'm officially a great waddling elephant. To those of you who think you're big at 20, 25, 30 weeks etc let me just say you enter a whole new realm of bigness once you get to your due date. There's nothing blooming about it except that you're blooming massive.

Oh no HS! I'm kinda getting the same and I'm a week behind ya! This day(39+1) my last pregnancy my daughter was born by section - I had serious braxton hicks last night that I was convinced it was fate..... Fell asleep and just woke up now.... Not a pain o a twitch through out the night!! Why. Oh did you and have I convinced ourselves we were. Going early .... Bad idea!!!! Hope your not too uncomfy - the pressure is just cruel at this stage :( try and rest as you really will be having that baby soon!!!!
    I'm awful nervous cos having a sweep today.... Don't think I'd let him do it on,y he is worries about the scar..... He'll prob say no cervix too high and not ready can't do it! I'm not worried about the pain dutring it consist only20. Seconds but aim worried about thinking I'm. I labour constantly afterwards when I'm not!!!! Ill be fed up by Monday if it hasn't worked cos ill know then ill have to. Face another on thurs... Gonna try get myself really busy next week organising stuff.... Maybe my sock ðrawer...lol. All the main things are done! And I'm too tired minding A to do any decent cleaning!!!!

Good luck with your sweep today DL. Fair play to you for minding A at this stage. I'm so glad we decided to keep O in creche.

Everyday day just gets a bit more disheartening plus the longer this little one stays in the bigger it gets!

However I know I'll be over on newborns and toddlers in a few weeks moaning about the baby feeding every hour, colic, no sleep etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Hope you pop soon! Won't be long now, I'm sure...

Haven't had anyone touching my bump either, but usually that's because I'm the one like 'Feel the baby here! and here! AND HERE....hey, where are you going? COME BACK, BABY IS MOVING!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Good luck Dublinlady - really hope the baby comes along soon. I have fingers crossed for you!

Well that was just depressing.... Thank god the baby is doing great, and for that ill always be do so grateful! But on the labour front - he did a stretch but said was unlikely to do anything as my cervix is completely 'unripe, uneffaced, and undilated'.... Nothing doing nor likely to any time soon......

Disappointed and bored...

Another 6 days before I'm back probably to be told the same fe&king thing....

He gave me such false hope last week!

:( DL Welcome to my club! Those babas are certainly being tough on us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

:( DL Welcome to my club! Those babas are certainly being tough on us!

How long do you have left How Strange?

Oops just read it further up....fingers crossed for the next couple of days :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

DL while I'm sure it won't make you feel much better, I was 12 days overdue heading for induction, seriously fed up as baby wasn't engaged and was sure I was going nowhere fast when bam I went exactly there super quick! Even went I went in initially cervix wasn't ready for action and an hours walk changed that! It literally can happen just like that, I know it's no consolation when you're feeling lousy but keep the chin up, you could go anytime!

• Advertisement

Digs wrote: »
    DL while I'm sure it won't make you feel much better, I was 12 days overdue heading for induction, seriously fed up as baby wasn't engaged and was sure I was going nowhere fast when bam I went exactly there super quick! Even went I went in initially cervix wasn't ready for action and an hours walk changed that! It literally can happen just like that, I know it's no consolation when you're feeling lousy but keep the chin up, you could go anytime!

It gives me hope!! :)
    I just really don't want a section and if I haven't gone by 12 over it'll be a section then as cant be induced cos of the previous section! Had 2 hr walk ( v v v slow!!) today and started evening primrose oil! Booked acupuncture for Monday! Ill have tried my best anyway!
    Hope baby digs is giving u some sleep and loadsa hugs!!

Fair play on the 2hr walk DL! I can manage about 45 mins maximum and then I'm shattered.

I had really tough pressure pains all yesterday evening and then cramping later than night so I was just a little hopeful. Then after about 6 hours of serious discomfort it stopped.

Nothing much to report today and don't feel like anything is going to happen later.

Fair play on the 2hr walk DL! I can manage about 45 mins maximum and then I'm shattered.

I had really tough pressure pains all yesterday evening and then cramping later than night so I was just a little hopeful. Then after about 6 hours of serious discomfort it stopped.

Nothing much to report today and don't feel like anything is going to happen later.

I had bench breaks and was at snails pace!!!! Spent a lot of it holding A's hand as she can't walk without help yet so that describes the pace!! Lol!
    That sounds v promising HS! It must mean ur bodies warming up - 6 hrs is a long ime! I have only managed 20 mins barely there cramps yesterday and not a twinge today! I actually feel like I'm in reverse! Only for her movements I'd be concerned! I kinda feel less pregnant than I did 2 weeks ago!
    Hoping u don't have much longer HS, I'm in an orderly queue ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Jennii.

My bitch is that I have no stretchmarks anywhere on my belly, I've been taking care of it religiously, using creams and stuff, so I'm seriously impressed, at 32 weeks... But I have some on my bum now which I haven't had before, which actually upset me, I have barely put on any weight there!!!! I felt conscious enough before. It actually sounds quite ridiculous now that I've said it though. Also is anyone else finding that their hormones are being totally unfair? I get so upset over absolutely nothing. It's ridiculous. I can't wait for this pregnancy to be over, just to be normal again.

Pippa O Conor looks great on Brendan O Conor tonight ***sigh***

Still here!!! Nothing happened at all last night. However, one way or another, I'll have a wee baba here by next Sunday. I can't see the Coombe letting me go more than 10 days over. I really just want to go into labour myself without induction etc :S

On the other hand I don't want to be pregnant forever which is what it feels like right now!

Still here!!! Nothing happened at all last night. However, one way or another, I'll have a wee baba here by next Sunday. I can't see the Coombe letting me go more than 10 days over. I really just want to go into labour myself without induction etc :S

On the other hand I don't want to be pregnant forever which is what it feels like right now!

HS, there is nothing worse than the waiting. Do they do inductions at the weekend?

I'm not sure! It'd be Friday, day 9, or Monday, day 12, if not. I suppose I could push (no pun intended!) for the extra 2 days until Monday if I wanted and everything was ok. But surely at 41 +5 this baby and my cervix will be ready!!

We're going to my parents for dinner this afternoon which is 45mins drive away so I'll bring my hospital bag just in case. Plus I'll have to bring an overnight bag for my son aswell. Just in case!

This is the worst part of the waiting stage. I'm afraid to make any plans at all.

Anyway I'm off for a shower and then a short, slow walk down the road. Try to get things moving.

I'm not sure! It'd be Friday, day 9, or Monday, day 12, if not. I suppose I could push (no pun intended!) for the extra 2 days until Monday if I wanted and everything was ok. But surely at 41 +5 this baby and my cervix will be ready!!

We're going to my parents for dinner this afternoon which is 45mins drive away so I'll bring my hospital bag just in case. Plus I'll have to bring an overnight bag for my son aswell. Just in case!

This is the worst part of the waiting stage. I'm afraid to make any plans at all.

Anyway I'm off for a shower and then a short, slow walk down the road. Try to get things moving.

Good plan. Better safe than having himself like a headless chicken trying to bring you to the hospital, be with you for the birth and rushing to the in-laws with a bag for the wee man later!

• Advertisement

39+5 and I'm losing the plot... HS hope you have news but if you don't how are you coping at 40+5?
    I actually just can't deal with it ... Ok so most of the time I'm fine but have a couple of hrs every day where I just feel the baby will never come and am totally anxious & distressed!
    I'm constantly looking for signs of labour and I blatantly have none ... I'm dreading the doctor in thurs cos ill be 40 weeks then and I feel like he's just gonna say - sorry no change - not happening - se ya next week and I will just have a melt down!! I'm in such crap form my poor 14 month old is just not getting to have as much fun as she should be! She's in the best form lately & I just wish I could join in more!
    Ok that's very whiny... I feel better now.... I just don't want to have to go 12 days over - another 2 weeks and then have to have a section anyway. I'm too stubborn to opt for the section now anyway tho so will stick to the plan... But it's driving me mad!

Advertisement