Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

dublinlady wrote: »
    39+5 and I'm losing the plot... HS hope you have news but if you don't how are you coping at 40+5?
    I actually just can't deal with it ... Ok so most of the time I'm fine but have a couple of hrs every day where I just feel the baby will never come and am totally anxious & distressed!
    I'm constantly looking for signs of labour and I blatantly have none ... I'm dreading the doctor in thurs cos ill be 40 weeks then and I feel like he's just gonna say - sorry no change - not happening - se ya next week and I will just have a melt down!! I'm in such crap form my poor 14 month old is just not getting to have as much fun as she should be! She's in the best form lately & I just wish I could join in more!
    Ok that's very whiny... I feel better now.... I just don't want to have to go 12 days over - another 2 weeks and then have to have a section anyway. I'm too stubborn to opt for the section now anyway tho so will stick to the plan... But it's driving me mad!

You poor thing :( Sounds horrible. I think it would be best to expect that nothing is happening when you have your appointment so anything else is a pleasant surprise. When Holles St changed my due date to be a week later they told me not to keep thinking of my original due date or else I'd be fit to kill them if I went over. I think they see it a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

39+5 and I'm losing the plot... HS hope you have news but if you don't how are you coping at 40+5?
    I actually just can't deal with it ... Ok so most of the time I'm fine but have a couple of hrs every day where I just feel the baby will never come and am totally anxious & distressed!
    I'm constantly looking for signs of labour and I blatantly have none ... I'm dreading the doctor in thurs cos ill be 40 weeks then and I feel like he's just gonna say - sorry no change - not happening - se ya next week and I will just have a melt down!! I'm in such crap form my poor 14 month old is just not getting to have as much fun as she should be! She's in the best form lately & I just wish I could join in more!
    Ok that's very whiny... I feel better now.... I just don't want to have to go 12 days over - another 2 weeks and then have to have a section anyway. I'm too stubborn to opt for the section now anyway tho so will stick to the plan... But it's driving me mad!

I don't know bout the going over as I went in on my due date and I believe all the walking I did throughout helped and I walked miles each day at the end (slow walks) and I was having pains in my back and pressure in the pelvis then the day I went in I had woken early in the mornin with painfulish contractions that turned full blown that eve. If you can I'd walk as much as your cumfee with I know at the end walking is awful hard but I'm stuburn

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Wow... I started this thread when I was pregnant with my now almost 3 yo son. Great to see there's still a place for everyone to come and have a right auld moan! Well done everyone for keeping it going. I'd love to be back here one of the days but the recession and Mr Targetwidow's bad back has put an end to my babymaking:( Enjoy, ladies, and keep up the moaning! J xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Murdy - that due date change must have been torture!! Better earlier tho! Well done u fir being rational about it!! I'm trying to be rational and like ya say - expect nothing to happen soon - but I think I'm slightly lacking in the patience area... Plus I love to have a plan - this not knowing is killing me!! It's funny tho cos realistically every woman goes thru this and time passes and the babies all arrive when they want!! I just need to get my head around it!!!

Synester - I've been doing a bit of walking - but will step it up - no pun intended ;)
    I've gone totally off the notion of sex now so that method will just not happen!!

Target - huge thanks for creating this thread - I think it's gonna be my life line over the next week or two!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

DL, I'm sending you labour inducing vibes! I cant imagine how you're feeling, ive 11 weeks til I'm in your position.

My moan is I'm so blocked up I feel dizzy. I always suffer wh my nose but its so bad ; ( I can feel it under my eyes! Its giving me a headache n I cant wait to go to bed!

Hope everyone else is well xx

• Advertisement

I always laugh at the suggestion of having sex to progress labour. I can't imagine anything I'd want to do less, given how I feel at 32 weeks, let alone what it must be like at 40! That probably sounds terrible, but I just don't feel particularly sexy at the moment! :o

The last week it was sex every other day. It was great only cause I got a burst of energy don't know where from though. But I'll swear by walking. In sayin that everyone is different just gotta find what works for you really

The last week it was sex every other day. It was great only cause I got a burst of energy don't know where from though. But I'll swear by walking. In sayin that everyone is different just gotta find what works for you really

Ok so tried sex... Ended up with spotting and had to phone the hosp who said its totally normal and not to worry but no more sex from now as I must have a sensitive cervix! I'm kinda relieved... Lol! Spotting all day but its not a show as there's no mucous (tmi!!) and only when I wipe.
    So next effort - went for an hr walk (waddle!!!) with a sit down fir ten mins in the middle!!!
    Nothing doing cramp wise etc and I'm totally wrecked but maybe my efforts will result in the baby arriving on tomorrow it's due date?!?! Ok so very unlikely... But there's always hope.....!

I thought it was unlikely too but I went into labour on due date I always said it would never happen. He was born just after midnight though! Grrr

Fingers crossed you get movement soon - you never know, you might get another due date arrival!

• Advertisement

I know this will probably sound silly when i write it out. The friend who i've moaned about on here before sent me a text tuesday saying it hadn't been the same between us, that she missed her best friend and didn't want us to grow any more apart. I said i was still there, just that she was in a serious relationship, i am having a baby, so we're both going through changes and it's going to take it's toll. She asked what do i think we should do about it, and i said we should make an equal effort and she agreed. You might remember me coming on here complaining about how i had to do the running, go to town, wait the hour for her etc so i'm still a bit wary as to whether this will actually work. My mum suggested we plan things in advance so it isn't just random. I asked her to come out to my house tonight n surpringly she said yes. She's going to her mum's, who lives 10 mins from my house, so guessed that was partially the reason she said yes. I was still being wary and i was right to be. She text me about 20 mins ago saying she wasn't going to her mum's now and that she'd let me know about coming to mine. Letting me know is her way of saying that she won't be out, but that she'll "think about it". I just think she's being lazy. She's off all day so it's not like she is tired from work. Ok, she might be tired but we're not going to be doing anything taxing, and she has a day off tomorrow too. And she hasn't been out to mine since before xmas. She hasn't seen the cot and stuff. I know this probably sounds a bit childish to be moaning about but it bothers me and i just needed to get it out. Now, she might actually make the effort and come out to mine and this post will be pointless but i just have that feeling she won't bother. Oh well, she'll miss the baby kicking yet again. So much for making an equal effort (i am aware i am making this accusation prematurely!). bleh

Edit: yup, i was right. She couldn't be bothered. I swear, i am finished with her. I hate that i'm so affected by her. She doesn't give a cr*p about ANYONE but herself. uggggghhhhhhhhhhh :(

anyone have any good suggestions to get rid of bad mood but that can be done while pregnant?? i am always told to do things that make me happy, but when i think about it, i can never think of anything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Poor Loubian x I really have no suggestions on what you can do that makes you happy......

Unfortunately she's not even trying, so try not to focus on her too much ( I know it's hard) but you have something much more important to focus on now and she's not worth the space in your head now!!!

Think of baby, just try focus on what you have to get or need. look up laughing babies on you tube, that always cheers me up :)

Poor Loubian x I really have no suggestions on what you can do that makes you happy......

Unfortunately she's not even trying, so try not to focus on her too much ( I know it's hard) but you have something much more important to focus on now and she's not worth the space in your head now!!!

Think of baby, just try focus on what you have to get or need. look up laughing babies on you tube, that always cheers me up :)

Thanks! Shes not trying, n she knows I'm annoyed at her but i feel I can't say anything coz she will turn it around on me n make it out I'm the one in the wrong. But you're right, I need to focus on the baby n myself. I'm going to write out a list of what I need to do in the next few months coz I realised today that I have a lot to do ha! Then I have master chef to look forward to as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

loubian wrote: »
    Thanks! Shes not trying, n she knows I'm annoyed at her but i feel I can't say anything coz she will turn it around on me n make it out I'm the one in the wrong. But you're right, I need to focus on the baby n myself. I'm going to write out a list of what I need to do in the next few months coz I realised today that I have a lot to do ha! Then I have master chef to look forward to as well :)

That's the spirit! Definitely enjoy master chef! I went through something like what your going through til another friend showed me that you have one life and you need to do what makes you happy !!

I need to cop on with my list :( this is where the excitement starts!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Oh loubian, I am sorry she is being so much a pain. Only one friend of mine puts an effort in these days, the rest are the same. Huge hugs and chin up xxx

Inlikeflynn86 - your friend is right, only one life! I was half annoyed at myself that I thought it would be different after what she said on Tuesday. I was a bit silly for believing her so quickly.

I can't wait to get started either. I calculated today that i have 20 free days til my mat leave coz I'm in work every other day.

Wolf - thanks for listening to my constant rants about her!!!

Wolf - thanks for listening to my constant rants about her!!!

There is a lot of things pregnancy can be blamed for, fatigue, sickness and the sheer lack of ability to have any energy in general, but one thing it is not to blame for is "friends" being crappy. It is annoying when people put off their own issues with "Us drifting apart since you got pregnant" yeah, us being pregnant isn't the issue when WE are the ones putting in the effort, but anyway, I am not going to rise the BP.

My little moan of the moment. Went to the hospital for the 28 week checkup yesterday. WHO THE HELL HAS THE HEATING ON ON THE 2ND OF MAY!!!!!! Seriously, doctors, nurses and pregnant women sweating like pigs on their way to a Denny factory! Everyone's BP was high! And of course it being the Irish health service, 2 hours of my life spent cooking in my own juices! But none the less, could have been worse, could have been 3 hours! :D

Well placenta is still very low, though getting a detailed scan again in 6 weeks, but they did a quick one yesterday while I was there, and.... the little devil is breach too, well not exactly, it is lying across!!! Not half fond of its little self is it? It should be getting sorted, but nope, happy chilling across my belly :rolleyes: Looks like the C-section is near definite now if everything stays this way. Though that I am not upset about.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    There is a lot of things pregnancy can be blamed for, fatigue, sickness and the sheer lack of ability to have any energy in general, but one thing it is not to blame for is "friends" being crappy. It is annoying when people put off their own issues with "Us drifting apart since you got pregnant" yeah, us being pregnant isn't the issue when WE are the ones putting in the effort, but anyway, I am not going to rise the BP.

My little moan of the moment. Went to the hospital for the 28 week checkup yesterday. WHO THE HELL HAS THE HEATING ON ON THE 2ND OF MAY!!!!!! Seriously, doctors, nurses and pregnant women sweating like pigs on their way to a Denny factory! Everyone's BP was high! And of course it being the Irish health service, 2 hours of my life spent cooking in my own juices! But none the less, could have been worse, could have been 3 hours! :D

Well placenta is still very low, though getting a detailed scan again in 6 weeks, but they did a quick one yesterday while I was there, and.... the little devil is breach too, well not exactly, it is lying across!!! Not half fond of its little self is it? It should be getting sorted, but nope, happy chilling across my belly :rolleyes: Looks like the C-section is near definite now if everything stays this way. Though that I am not upset about.

That's very true. It's not just us being selfish, there is obviously a reason why we feel it's being one sided. I always wonder does my friend notice what she's doing - but then i guess she is a bit since she brought it up tuesday. even though she said "i know it's the both of us.." eh, love, it's not really! anyway, as you say, no need to raise the BP!!

Oh i can imagine what that is like! I sit under the glass roof in work and if i was a plant i'd be thriving. it gets absolutely roasting. I have an app on the 4th June, hopefully they won't have the heating on then!

Would you be happy to get the c-section? even if the baby becomes engaged, would you still have to get it?

Oh i can imagine what that is like! I sit under the glass roof in work and if i was a plant i'd be thriving. it gets absolutely roasting. I have an app on the 4th June, hopefully they won't have the heating on then!

Would you be happy to get the c-section? even if the baby becomes engaged, would you still have to get it?

Ah, the "we instead of me" to make me feel less guilty malarky!

If they have it on on the fourth of June, we'll know why the Health Budget is out of whack altogether, although with the April we had, who knows, it may actually be snowing then!!!

With the placenta low, the safest thing is another section, so regardless of whether my little Diva/Divo decides to go up or down, it would be the recommended route. It happens 1 in every 200-300 situations where a mother has had a previous section apparently.

I am okay with it as we have no family in Dublin or anywhere nearby, so we could arrange for my partner's sister to come home from London and help her mother with the small lad in Clare while I have the baby. Other than that, it will be me alone hoping the labour goes slowly so my partner's mother can collect our son and my partner can make the birth.

But with a previous section, as much as doctors would like you to try natural, they won't force you to do it so I can request another section. I did yesterday and the doctor saw no problems. With the placenta low, the contrary little one, fear I have of being alone in hospital and knowing all the associated issues and risks, they are satisfied I know enough to have made an educated decision.

It is supposed to be a fairly difficult recovery with two of them though, but I'll get through :D Positive thinking and all that.

Ah, the "we instead of me" to make me feel less guilty malarky!

If they have it on on the fourth of June, we'll know why the Health Budget is out of whack altogether, although with the April we had, who knows, it may actually be snowing then!!!

With the placenta low, the safest thing is another section, so regardless of whether my little Diva/Divo decides to go up or down, it would be the recommended route. It happens 1 in every 200-300 situations where a mother has had a previous section apparently.

I am okay with it as we have no family in Dublin or anywhere nearby, so we could arrange for my partner's sister to come home from London and help her mother with the small lad in Clare while I have the baby. Other than that, it will be me alone hoping the labour goes slowly so my partner's mother can collect our son and my partner can make the birth.

But with a previous section, as much as doctors would like you to try natural, they won't force you to do it so I can request another section. I did yesterday and the doctor saw no problems. With the placenta low, the contrary little one, fear I have of being alone in hospital and knowing all the associated issues and risks, they are satisfied I know enough to have made an educated decision.

It is supposed to be a fairly difficult recovery with two of them though, but I'll get through :D Positive thinking and all that.

You have to do what's best for u - no one else's opinion matters I think! You've been through it before, you know your circumstances best and you are the only one who can decide what's right! I'm the same but the opposite - I have my handful of reasons to want the VBAC and the same way as you have to be strong on what u want , I have to fight for my natural birth! I swear the doctors would bulldoze you into whatever is most convenient for them - when its you that has to deal with the unpredictability of a natural birth or else the recovery of a section!

So I'm only one day overdue - told its not happening any time soon - and the most unbloody comfortable I've ever felt! It's gonna be a long 11 more days if this mrs won't hurry up!!!!

Walked for 45 mins today - slowly while clinging onto the buggy!!! An am now bed bound cos just wrecked!!!!! I used to be able to run for 18 miles!!!!!

Ow ow ow eugh eugh moan moan moan!!!!

• Advertisement

Dublinlady, think you have number one moan priority in here at the moment! Can't believe baby is showing no signs if moving, the little monkey! We're all rooting for you to get the VBAC but healthy baby arriving safely is the main thing so good that you're open to whatever happens :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Dublinlady, think you have number one moan priority in here at the moment! Can't believe baby is showing no signs if moving, the little monkey! We're all rooting for you to get the VBAC but healthy baby arriving safely is the main thing so good that you're open to whatever happens :)

Thanks murdy :)
    Haha tho - it's bad enough having a moan thread without being encouraged ;) but at least if I do some of it here himself gets a few mins off !!
    In the big scheme of things - it's another week and a half - I just have to sit tight ( or loose on a gym ball!!) and keep my fingers crossed!

How have u been doing? The sickness staying away?

Actually there ya go - its karma - I had it too easy early on - no sickness at all!
    Which means ur baby will arrive at 39 weeks ten mins after you arrive in hospital without any pains!!!!:D

Ha! I do have that hope, that I suffered so badly early on labour will be easy and I'll go at 39 weeks! The sickness is gone, thank god. Got an email today from a friend due in September, her sickness is gone but she was telling me her doc was worried because she was vomiting 2-5 times a day. Sure, I was vomiting every ten mins, looking back it really was horrific!

I'll tell you something, if I go overdue I'll be in here bitching to anyone that will listen. I think you've been very restrained in your moaning!

You have to do what's best for u - no one else's opinion matters I think! You've been through it before, you know your circumstances best and you are the only one who can decide what's right! I'm the same but the opposite - I have my handful of reasons to want the VBAC and the same way as you have to be strong on what u want , I have to fight for my natural birth! I swear the doctors would bulldoze you into whatever is most convenient for them - when its you that has to deal with the unpredictability of a natural birth or else the recovery of a section!

So I'm only one day overdue - told its not happening any time soon - and the most unbloody comfortable I've ever felt! It's gonna be a long 11 more days if this mrs won't hurry up!!!!

Walked for 45 mins today - slowly while clinging onto the buggy!!! An am now bed bound cos just wrecked!!!!! I used to be able to run for 18 miles!!!!!

Oh DL, 40 min with an overdue baby isn't fun! I went out for the afternoon with my little guy and had the genius idea to buy him a scooter. Running after a 4 year old with a 28 week belly is not easy for a few hours! Hopefully you get your VBAC and the little one arrives soon :D Though it would appear now she is in the right position she is happy there.

I thought it was funny when the doctor talked to me about going VBAC and then said I may not get a choice with a previous section, baby may have issues, then does a scan and my placenta is low, baby is breach and just looks at me and explained "see what I mean" when I said I wanted one anyway, she just said that they will arrange everything I want in my next visit.

After the nurse not even talking to me about it in my first visit I felt sort of upset, like my opinion was not even considerable, but the doctor yesterday, was lovely, wanting to listen to what I wanted. And was even trying to say that the placenta could go up, or the baby might turn if I wanted a VBAC, but if I wanted the section, I have all the facts and risks and she cannot see why I wouldn't get what I want unless there are problems either way. Makes me feel more calm and takes a huge weight off my shoulders. Being told you have no say for no real reason is a peeve of mine!

Having an annoying day. A friend asked to meet me this morning, so ready to leave the house since 10am. She sent me a facebook PM at 11:30 saying it would be lunchtime. Grand whatever, not a peep since and waiting around annoyed. I wanted to be in and out of Dublin before the Saturday afternoon rush! Went onto her FB page, she was out drinking until all hours. So bloody annoying. :mad:

Having an annoying day. A friend asked to meet me this morning, so ready to leave the house since 10am. She sent me a facebook PM at 11:30 saying it would be lunchtime. Grand whatever, not a peep since and waiting around annoyed. I wanted to be in and out of Dublin before the Saturday afternoon rush! Went onto her FB page, she was out drinking until all hours. So bloody annoying. :mad:

Jeez - between ur and loubians friends time keeping I have serious rage!!

I just walked up all the stairs in Dundrum s.c with shopping and think I might actually die - this attempt at inducing labour is killing me!!!!

Also I saw a woman smack her 8 yr old daughter in the face for 'giving lip' I told her she could be done for assault ... Then when she was gone myself & my hubbie were so shocked I cried!

Jeez - between ur and loubians friends time keeping I have serious rage!!

I just walked up all the stairs in Dundrum s.c with shopping and think I might actually die - this attempt at inducing labour is killing me!!!!

Also I saw a woman smack her 8 yr old daughter in the face for 'giving lip' I told her she could be done for assault ... Then when she was gone myself & my hubbie were so shocked I cried!

I would rather she just tell me at 11:30 she was too hungover and I would have went on with my day and went to Carrickmines or Dundrum rather than prepare for town and then go nowhere. House is spotless though, so glass half full and all that.

I am not one to give out about an occasional smack on the bum or wrist, but across the face!!!! The poor thing, I wouldn't do that to a 18 year old, let alone a 8 year old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Met a couple of friends for food last night and one really irritated me. Don't think it's because I was sober and they were having a few drinks/were tipsy. They are genuinely thrilled that I am pregnant and as my closest friends they are 2 of about 5 people who know about my miscarriage in September.
    Bear with me because this is where it gets convoluted :p One of the girls sisters used also be quite close to us but has drifted into another group in the last few years. She has changed a lot. We don't have a relationship where I would text or phone her. Yet when there is a big social occasion she might turn up, I would chat in these situations but thats the extent of it. Anyway our other friend asked the sister who was there did she know about the baby and her reply was 'oh she's delighted for roesy but felt like she should have heard it from her herself'. I explained that the only people I told personally were people I see and talk to regularly,as far as everyone else was concerned I was letting the news filter out. I reminded her of the fact that I haven't seen or heard from her in 5 months so picking up the phone and texting/ringing her to say I'm pregnant seemed weird to me. Anyway our other friend went to the bathroom and she said to me that her sister was wondering was she supposed to know but she reassured her that she was. She also said that she was devastated for me when she told her about the miscarriage at the time. Am I wrong in feeling hurt and upset that she had told her about the miscarriage. I told so few people about it for a reason. To be honest I didn't say anything to her last night because she was fairly drunk at that stage but its been playing on my mind since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Sorry for the essay guys. Hubby is asleep and I needed to have a moan/get it off my chest!

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    Am I wrong in feeling hurt and upset that she had told her about the miscarriage. I told so few people about it for a reason. To be honest I didn't say anything to her last night because she was fairly drunk at that stage but its been playing on my mind since.

It is very personal, people do not reveal their miscarriages very often to more than the close very few, if any at all. It is neither irrational nor ridiculous to be peeved by a friend telling something so confidential to someone you have not spoken to in a long time.

You were right not to say anymore while she was drunk, people tend to have little rationale and volume control in that state and your business could have been declared to the whole building were you to push it further, but yes, your anger is completely justified.

Advertisement