Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    It is very personal, people do not reveal their miscarriages very often to more than the close very few, if any at all. It is neither irrational nor ridiculous to be peeved by a friend telling something so confidential to someone you have not spoken to in a long time.

You were right not to say anymore while she was drunk, people tend to have little rationale and volume control in that state and your business could have been declared to the whole building were you to push it further, but yes, your anger is completely justified.

I agree with wolfpawnat, your friend had no right to tell anyone. Its up to you if you want to tell people, noone else. You were defnitely right not to say anything last night, drunk people have loose tounges....

I had a MC last November and was in hospital for 2 nights and bar OH and my parents, noone knew i was in there. Just didnt want anyone to know what was going on because i wanted to grieve. To make it worse i was in there on my birthday and friends and family ringing and texting me and i was trying to keep normal, was agony....

About 2 weeks later i told my best friend and asked her to tell the rest of my friends. Best thing i ever did cuz they have been great and i trust them. As far as i know noone else knows and everyone is delighted about my first pregnancy. They have been so good. Its coming up to my would be due date, and i just noticed id hear from them more during the week, to go for a walk or cinema or get dinner....

If i found out they told other people i would go bananas, You have every right to be annoyed its a personal thing you went through and dont feel bad about being annoyed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Thanks for the input guys. I suppose the whole thing is a bit more emotional for me at the moment as its about a week or 10 days since my due date and I can't help thinking a bit more about it at the moment. I think I will bide my time and wait until I have in a one to one situation and let her know how I feel about it. Until then I'm going to try to put it out of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Roesy wrote: »
    Thanks for the input guys. I suppose the whole thing is a bit more emotional for me at the moment as its about a week or 10 days since my due date and I can't help thinking a bit more about it at the moment. I think I will bide my time and wait until I have in a one to one situation and let her know how I feel about it. Until then I'm going to try to put it out of my head.

That is for the best. Talk to her when she is in her full senses, and as hard as I could imagine it being, try and stay calm. But most certainly, express your anger and upset at YOUR personal business being a topic for discussion between people over a cup of coffee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Feeling a bit out of sorts last few days. I go to counselling so since Ive been doing well, n since due date us getting closer n closer, have decided to change it to fortnightly instead of weekly. I felt so happy on Friday after it coz I felt I was graduating or something. But now I'm feeling quite anxious. I realised yesterday I'll be in the house on my own waiting for labour to start n it scared me! N as it comes closer, even though its only may, I'm starting to think about the birthn stuff! N iI'm also finding I'm becoming nervous in the house on my own... my dads house was broken in to a while ago n it probably freaked me a bit ha! Just want to know if these feelings are normal!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

My moan is the soreness, i have pelvic pain since during the week.. went to my doctor & he said its baby making itself comfortable.
    Since friday, I have been extremely stiff and am finding it tough to walk at times.....
    Last night was the worst, I coulnt walk after sitting down, it was so sore.....

I am 17 weeks and its baby #2 .... a bit sore & annoyed that this could continue until October

/moan

Any tips on dealing with soreness, heat not working and dont really want to take paracetomal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My moan is the soreness, i have pelvic pain since during the week.. went to my doctor & he said its baby making itself comfortable.
    Since friday, I have been extremely stiff and am finding it tough to walk at times.....

I am 17 weeks and its baby #2 .... a bit sore & annoyed that this could continue until October

/moan

Any tips on dealing with soreness, heat not working and dont really want to take paracetomal.

Have you tried a gym ball? At our antenatal classes the physiotherapist recommmended sitting on one and rocking back and forth and side to side to relieve pelvic/lower back pain. I've found it does work for lower back pain anyway :) Otherwise lots of baths!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

/moan

If it doesn't clear up in the next few days, get a referral to an obstetric physiotherapist ASAP. It could be the start of spd/pgp. Hopefully it isn't and is just a temp thing, but that sounds a bit weird that it's the babys position, sure what weight are they at 17 weeks..

Paracetamol is safe to take I have been on a lot of it as recommended by doc, but check with yours just in case. A hot shower can help with pain in the back area, for pain in the groin area I think ice might be better. Try a pillow between your knees at night... If you have probs sitting try using a pillow on the chair. In case it is spd, don't try to "walk off" the pain as that could make things worse...

Hope it clears up soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

5 days over. Not a twitch. Losing faith :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

dublinlady wrote: »
    5 days over. Not a twitch. Losing faith :(

Hopefully it's an indication of a relaxed and laid back baby who'll be a dream for you. Our little maggot came 6 days early and he's such a handful... Totally hyper all the time. I often wonder if there's a link between your delivery date and baby's personality!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

yellow hen wrote: »
    Hopefully it's an indication of a relaxed and laid back baby who'll be a dream for you. Our little maggot came 6 days early and he's such a handful... Totally hyper all the time. I often wonder if there's a link between your delivery date and baby's personality!

My mam believes that!! I was 12 days late, but grew up laid back and a calm personality, my older brother was 3 days late and he was the same!!

• Advertisement

My mam believes that!! I was 12 days late, but grew up laid back and a calm personality, my older brother was 3 days late and he was the same!!

I was late, and I am a terrible procrastinator and too laid back. My OH was early and has been late for everything since:D My little guy was 5 days late and is a bit impatient. So who knows :)

Seriously, who puts the heat on on the 7th May and on a day like today? Going to melt in work. I give out if one person turns the air con off coz they're too cold, but then i could be the only one overheating so if i turn the heat off it could be just for me... dilemmas!!!!!

loubian wrote: »
    Seriously, who puts the heat on on the 7th May and on a day like today? Going to melt in work. I give out if one person turns the air con off coz they're too cold, but then i could be the only one overheating so if i turn the heat off it could be just for me... dilemmas!!!!!

I'm so hot all the time at the moment too and I'm normally a really cold person. Also have a new pregnancy symptom in the last few days - night sweats. It's so disturbing at night. I'm knackered. Apparently it can go on for a while after the baby is born too, didn't want to hear that!

That is insane, it is not cold out. If anyone says anything give them an ultimatum, either they put on a jumper or you strip to your undies!!! That'll quieten them :D Well no that's inappropriate. You'll just have to say something to management if this goes on, heat raises the BP and that is NOT good for you and baby!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm so hot all the time at the moment too and I'm normally a really cold person. Also have a new pregnancy symptom in the last few days - night sweats. It's so disturbing at night. I'm knackered. Apparently it can go on for a while after the baby is born too, didn't want to hear that!

The last few days I've been getting really hot, in my face and upper body. I'm having to have a shower everyday because i feel disgusting from over heating :P i haven't experienced night sweats yet, although last night i had to open the window as i was boiling.. but that could have been from the effort of drying my hair :P

hopefully it will be a warm summer though!!

That is insane, it is not cold out. If anyone says anything give them an ultimatum, either they put on a jumper or you strip to your undies!!! That'll quieten them :D Well no that's inappropriate. You'll just have to say something to management if this goes on, heat raises the BP and that is NOT good for you and baby!

It also raises bills which i'm sure they don't need right now!!
    I laughed at the ultimatum!

The last few days I've been getting really hot, in my face and upper body. I'm having to have a shower everyday because i feel disgusting from over heating :P i haven't experienced night sweats yet, although last night i had to open the window as i was boiling.. but that could have been from the effort of drying my hair :P

hopefully it will be a warm summer though!!

I'm happy for it to be warm after my baby is here! Hopefully the night sweats will pass you by :)

It also raises bills which i'm sure they don't need right now!!
    I laughed at the ultimatum!

But it does feel like that though.

"Well I'm cold" and they are in a shirt and could put on a cardigan or jumper.

You're there in the barest amount of clothes appropriate for work and sweating and thinking "Well what am I supposed to do, go around naked!"

But it does feel like that though.

"Well I'm cold" and they are in a shirt and could put on a cardigan or jumper.

You're there in the barest amount of clothes appropriate for work and sweating and thinking "Well what am I supposed to do, go around naked!"

It is annoying! I'm not the skinniest of girls, so feel the heat more anyway, then with a baby growing inside me! I feel self conscious about my body so wouldn't wear skirts without tights or string tops. I would wear sleeveless tops, just as long as they're long enough but yeah, i still need to be appropriate and not look like i'm about to jet off on a holiday!! I'm sure people don't want to be seeing the lumps and bumps either!! :P
    the heat has been turned off for now thank god! i'll wait about an hour and ask for the air con to go on!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

If it doesn't clear up in the next few days, get a referral to an obstetric physiotherapist ASAP. It could be the start of spd/pgp. Hopefully it isn't and is just a temp thing, but that sounds a bit weird that it's the babys position, sure what weight are they at 17 weeks..

Paracetamol is safe to take I have been on a lot of it as recommended by doc, but check with yours just in case. A hot shower can help with pain in the back area, for pain in the groin area I think ice might be better. Try a pillow between your knees at night... If you have probs sitting try using a pillow on the chair. In case it is spd, don't try to "walk off" the pain as that could make things worse...

Hope it clears up soon
    Murdywurdy we dont have a bath, Id worry id get stuck if I got into bath...

I had pain in bump last week thats why I went to gp.
    I find that it can be grand for while but even to walk & bend today hurt. I made appointment with my own gp for monday so will ask her to refer me for physio...
    I was never like this on number one.
    But nos it feels like my hips arent level... i walkedmto supermarket today, thought i would die.... the pain walking up a hill.
    Even the thought of a shower, when it hurt pains me....i found it hard to put on socks today.

Thanks for replrs, i tried to reply via my mobile but it wont let me post reply. It crashes.
    I cannot really rest with it as I have a crzy 18month old running around.
    Its just

• Advertisement

Murdywurdy we dont have a bath, Id worry id get stuck if I got into bath...

I had pain in bump last week thats why I went to gp.
    I find that it can be grand for while but even to walk & bend today hurt. I made appointment with my own gp for monday so will ask her to refer me for physio...
    I was never like this on number one.
    But nos it feels like my hips arent level... i walkedmto supermarket today, thought i would die.... the pain walking up a hill.
    Even the thought of a shower, when it hurt pains me....i found it hard to put on socks today.

Thanks for replrs, i tried to reply via my mobile but it wont let me post reply. It crashes.
    I cannot really rest with it as I have a crzy 18month old running around.
    Its just

Yes, it is hard to get in and out of the bath,even without bad pelvic/back pain. Have to call hubby to hoist me out!

Sounds like you're really in the wars, I would definitely ask to see a physiotherapist. There was quite a few women in my antenatal class with pelvic pain that were seeing the physio that came to talk to us. It seems to be quite common, unfortunately!

Having some weird pains in my bump today - a few stingy ones, then i got a kick in the ribs, then felt like my stomach was being pushed up. Must be the little messer moving about because my stomach got very hard at the top for a while! have two stitch like pains at my sides now!

Anyone else finding they have to sit down slowly or else the bump/uterus just bangs off other organs!?

I am finding I get a lot of sore twinges on my stomach, below my bump. I presume it is the weight of it all.

I hate the kicks that seem to really hit into organs, v annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Does anyone else have baby's head directly on hip?? It seems to be constantly grinding on my right hand hipbone...besides being sore it's just kind of weird....

I'm sure it's the weather that's dampened my mood. Woke up every ten mins when i turned as i couldn't get comfortable, still wasn't able to get up even though had been awake 2 hours, had to rush for the train, got no seat, very obviously was rubbing my bump but no one offered a seat (although i am too shy to ask for one!!), roasting from the walk up the hill to work from train, come in to work and the heat is on again. but it's off now, thank god. go away rain :(

I hate inconsiderate people who will not help s clearly in discomfort heavily pregnant woman. I seldom sit on public transport these days (my arse is killing me after 10 min if I do) but nothing is more disgusting than ásswipes looking at you and saying nothing, or fiddling on the iphones knowing you need a seat. :mad:

Yes the change in weather has an averse reaction on most people, but I think us especially with our bellies getting heavier. I had to go and sign paperwork for my son to start school in September today. I don't have a car so I had to walk him to pre-school, then head to the primary school. So I had my directions all learnt off and everything and I went on my way. Got lost. In the drizzle. And wandered around half of South Dublin looking for it. I finally found it, half an hour later than I planned to meet the principal AND......The inspector had made a surprise visit and she had to be present for the inspection so she could not meet me and had no way of contacting me! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Probably a bit of both. Found the school and a shortcut to it, which saves me about 15min every day, but still, I rather not in the rain :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd always ask for a seat if I needed one. People can be afraid they'll insult you if they offer you a seat and I can't blame them as I've gotten an earful more than once from people I've offered seats to. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Migraine and dizzy spells not fun. Hopefully the bp will be ok when I get to the doctor later - had pre eclampsia with my first but not till week 39 only 20 weeks gone now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I am 39+3weeks and my car has decided to die on me:mad:!! I had planned on getting a new one, but not until June. I will go stir crazy if I have to sit at home playing the waiting game. I have nothing left to clean and sitting on the couch all day will make me cry!!!! It is also lashing rain so don't want to give myself a cold by being stubborn and going off walking.. Today is going to be long!!!!

• Advertisement

cant26 wrote: »
    I am 39+3weeks and my car has decided to die on me:mad:!! I had planned on getting a new one, but not until June. I will go stir crazy if I have to sit at home playing the waiting game. I have nothing left to clean and sitting on the couch all day will make me cry!!!! It is also lashing rain so don't want to give myself a cold by being stubborn and going off walking.. Today is going to be long!!!!

Do you have a hobby that you could do to pass the time? Read a book maybe? What about going for a swim? (if you live close to a pool obviously!)

Advertisement