Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

lmullen wrote: »
    Migraine and dizzy spells not fun. Hopefully the bp will be ok when I get to the doctor later - had pre eclampsia with my first but not till week 39 only 20 weeks gone now :-(

Have you had your iron checked? I was weak and dizzy over the weekend and thought it might be low blood pressure, it turns out despite taking iron I am anaemic. So maybe it's worth checking that at doc's as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Definitely eating small meals from now on! My stomach feels like it's going to burst! There's no more room! Every time I sit down my organs get a whack! She's just going to have to grow out insteqd of up from now on! Ha!

Bloody bladder is a nightmare!! Or my mind actually! Could probably hold it if it wasn't for my irrational fear of wetting myself on public transport!! Tmi! Sorry!

On the plus side, baby was going mad today, feet in the ribs, head in the pelvis!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

loubian wrote: »
    Bloody bladder is a nightmare!! Or my mind actually! Could probably hold it if it wasn't for my irrational fear of wetting myself on public transport!! Tmi! Sorry!

On the plus side, baby was going mad today, feet in the ribs, head in the pelvis!

I have the total fear of my waters breaking in public!! At 7 days over I feel like a ticking time bomb!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

dublinlady wrote: »
    I have the total fear of my waters breaking in public!! At 7 days over I feel like a ticking time bomb!!!!!

Have you heard the one about the woman who carried around a pickle jar with her that she could smash on the ground in case of water breaking emergency?? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Have you heard the one about the woman who carried around a pickle jar with her that she could smash on the ground in case of water breaking emergency?? :D

That is genius!!! Haha!!
    I have one of those kids incontinence sheets on the bed - the pampers ones! Ahhh all ready and it ain't gonna happen! Typical - maybe I should take it off - might mean it could happen!! Sod's law!

Before I'm due my period, i get cramping, dull cramps, that let me know it's on the way. I've been getting these sort of cramps today. They're similar to ones i get wh dodgy stomach but i don't seem to have an upset stomach at the moment. Baby has moved today but is this sort of cramping normal? I know slight cramping is considered ok as it's just everything that's going on in there.. but should i be looking out for something else though, just in case?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Before I'm due my period, i get cramping, dull cramps, that let me know it's on the way. I've been getting these sort of cramps today. They're similar to ones i get wh dodgy stomach but i don't seem to have an upset stomach at the moment. Baby has moved today but is this sort of cramping normal? I know slight cramping is considered ok as it's just everything that's going on in there.. but should i be looking out for something else though, just in case?

The bigger they get the more you cramp. If they're painful get them checked maybe.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The bigger they get the more you cramp. If they're painful get them checked maybe.

That's good to know. I'll keep an eye on it, and if it gets more painful, will ring up the midwife! Thanks!

That's good to know. I'll keep an eye on it, and if it gets more painful, will ring up the midwife! Thanks!

I couldn't feel braxton hicks til I was near 7 months last time. I've been feeling them since 12 weeks this go. Could be my section scar.

• Advertisement

I couldn't feel braxton hicks til I was near 7 months last time. I've been feeling them since 12 weeks this go. Could be my section scar.

Would that make it possible? I don't think I've felt any BH yet.

Would that make it possible? I don't think I've felt any BH yet.

Dunno. It's different for everyone, but the scar tissue is likely tighter than the rest of the uterus.

Just feels like tightening, but can feel like cramping down near the pubic bone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I usually get them when I stand up quickly. The whole bump goes rock solid! It can be a bit uncomfortable but isn't painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Blueskye

I just looked down at my ankles and they are massive!!! Wow some serious fluid retention going on!!!

Blueskye wrote: »
    I just looked down at my ankles and they are massive!!! Wow some serious fluid retention going on!!!

Has that just happened? I was wondering if/when that would kick in. Hope you have your feet up!

Feeling very big, heavy and waddly today. The first day I've really noticed that I'm carrying round a lot if extra weight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

My feet ankles very bad past week esp after work! It can be sore aswel! Yes murdy all sudden at 33 weeks i got extra tired and wobbling nearly and big! Gets more and more uncomfortable really not able for work going back Monday and then prob finish up early end of week!

Bluesky murdy is right put them up and it does go down!

They've swelled a little bit in the past few days but today they're massive. Just all of a sudden. Showed them to doc earlier and she wasnt concerned. But I'm measuring 41 weeks pregnant for a single baby so not surprising my poor body is under pressure.

Yep have feet up and giving instructions to OH. Could get used to this :)

Blueskye wrote: »
    They've swelled a little bit in the past few days but today they're massive. Just all of a sudden. Showed them to doc earlier and she wasnt concerned. But I'm measuring 41 weeks pregnant for a single baby so not surprising my poor body is under pressure.

Yep have feet up and giving instructions to OH. Could get used to this :)

God, if I feel big today you must be feeling ten times worse! Still, not long to go for you. Last baby free weekend!

I am huge!!! Well bump is. But really excited for Tues :)

Yep last baby free wknd! Mad!!

Frig.

Think I have a UTI. :(

Always happens at a flipping weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Frig.

Think I have a UTI. :(

Always happens at a flipping weekend too.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I am having a huge issue at the moment with a supposed phantom smell in my kitchen ( I can smell it but nobody else can) it has been going on for 2 weeks, I feel like I am going mad. I have bleached the kitchen top to bottom twice, emptied presses, scrubbed floors, scrubbed oven and fridge, washed windows and skirting boards, washed the walls and even bleached the dishwasher ........... AND THE SMELL IS STILL THERE!!!!!! I feel like crying with frustration.

McBubbles wrote: »
    I am having a huge issue at the moment with a supposed phantom smell in my kitchen ( I can smell it but nobody else can) it has been going on for 2 weeks, I feel like I am going mad. I have bleached the kitchen top to bottom twice, emptied presses, scrubbed floors, scrubbed oven and fridge, washed windows and skirting boards, washed the walls and even bleached the dishwasher ........... AND THE SMELL IS STILL THERE!!!!!! I feel like crying with frustration.

How far along are you? I could smell onions in my house for the first few months. Was convinced we had mould and made hubby scrub everywhere but we didn't find anything. It went away in the end but it was horrible while it lasted. It made no puke every time I caught a whiff of it!

Das Kitty, hope you feel better soon. UTIs are horrible. I get them coming on every so often and take cranberry tablets and drink lots of water. Seems to help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

A small saucer of bread soda anywhere you think the smell is may help absorb it - I had an issue after I cooked fish last week, I put some into the microwave and also the fridge and it went away. There's nothing worse, I think we turn into bloodhounds when pregnant, I used to be able to smell the bin in work from the other side of the room

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    How far along are you? I could smell onions in my house for the first few months. Was convinced we had mould and made hubby scrub everywhere but we didn't find anything. It went away in the end but it was horrible while it lasted. It made no puke every time I caught a whiff of it!

Das Kitty, hope you feel better soon. UTIs are horrible. I get them coming on every so often and take cranberry tablets and drink lots of water. Seems to help!

22 weeks, thought I was over the crazies lol

A small saucer of bread soda anywhere you think the smell is may help absorb it - I had an issue after I cooked fish last week, I put some into the microwave and also the fridge and it went away. There's nothing worse, I think we turn into bloodhounds when pregnant, I used to be able to smell the bin in work from the other side of the room

Great tip, bread soda is going on my shopping list for tomorrow, thanks :)

22 weeks, thought I was over the crazies lol

Well, my sense of smell and gag reflex were bad until about 24 weeks so you're not alone!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Well, my sense of smell and gag reflex were bad until about 24 weeks so you're not alone!

Thanks Murdy, good to know I'm not going mad :)

I can assure you You're not going mad! :)

Even at 33 weeks the smell of cigarette smoke makes me gag. Also, if I think about puking I start to gag too. Don't think my gag/puke reflex will ever be the same after being pregnant! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Totally agree on smell cigarettes! Really worse smell when pregnant

Advertisement