Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

9 days over. No sign of anything happening. So uncomfortable. Feel a bit failed by my body now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Oh that's awful I say everyday over is disapointing! But hang in there it wil be over with either way this time next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

dublinlady wrote: »
    9 days over. No sign of anything happening. So uncomfortable. Feel a bit failed by my body now :(

Or you have just made such a nice, comfy home for baby that he doesn't want to leave, you're just too good at being pregnant! :)

I really thought he might have popped out by now. Still, you're almost there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

McBubbles wrote: »
    I am having a huge issue at the moment with a supposed phantom smell in my kitchen ( I can smell it but nobody else can) it has been going on for 2 weeks, I feel like I am going mad. I have bleached the kitchen top to bottom twice, emptied presses, scrubbed floors, scrubbed oven and fridge, washed windows and skirting boards, washed the walls and even bleached the dishwasher ........... AND THE SMELL IS STILL THERE!!!!!! I feel like crying with frustration.

This was me yesterday! I pulled out and scrubbed the fridge and three of the cupboards because of the smell that only I could get. Am satisfied with the fridge and 2 of the cupboards but one of them still seems off to me. Will have to try the bread soda trick. This heightened sense of smell is driving me crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Hopefully you won't have too much longer to wait dublinlady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Tigeress

dublinlady wrote: »

Awe DL :( I've been checking for updates hoping your have gone by now! Hopefully she'll arrive before the section!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Ah DL, I'm sending womb eviction vibes your way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

McBubbles wrote: »
    Great tip, bread soda is going on my shopping list for tomorrow, thanks :)

The bread soda on a saucer works best in enclosed spaces such as fridge/oven/cupboards etc, but if you suspect a surface might be the issue you can also use some on a wet cloth to make a kind of paste to rub on surfaces. Use a wet cloth then to wipe away any residue or it gets all chalky!

sodium bicarbonate and cleaning

Dublinlady, all the best and hope things get going soon for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Sending positive vibes DL I know exactly how you feel!! Hoping the 11th night is as lucky for you as it was for me.... Hang in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thanks ladies, just can't get myself together today at all. Major depression :(
    Hoping to get thru the next 2 better. Then ill have my baby either way. I think I'm just grieving my VBAC today... I'm awful upset about it even tho I know it's having my baby on my arms that's the only thing that matters really. I just wanted to experience it so badly.. I can't help but feel a failure. I know it's irrational.
    And digs I'd love if u were right about the 11th day!! But with an unfavourable cervix and zero cramps or BH at 9 days over and no show.. I think my hope is gone. Just didn't see this happening after fighting for it the whole way thru. For it to end without it even starting is very disappointing :(
    I love my little baby so much she's the only thing that will cheer me up!
    That and my 15 month old who has taken to stroking my belly and saying 'ow' :)
    They are so worth it, I'm just having a bad day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It could still happen!!! Labour can just hit you with a bang!

All I can say is plenty of sex!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

The bread soda on a saucer works best in enclosed spaces such as fridge/oven/cupboards etc, but if you suspect a surface might be the issue you can also use some on a wet cloth to make a kind of paste to rub on surfaces. Use a wet cloth then to wipe away any residue or it gets all chalky!

This worked a treat, thank you so much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Waking up with a sore back is not fun, its my lower back too so cant stretch it out! Was looking at old photos of me as a baby n realised my baby could look similar! Was quite scary ha!:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

OH is a physical therapist and has a room in the house...

Girl currently in there, i just want to gag her shes so loud.... Im going for a walk now... In the rain...

Is it normal to get so easily irritated....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Yes most definitely I found it easy to get irritated when pregnant and the same after birth hormones are nasty

After birth horomonescare nasty?

Poor OH :(

Well you'll find they have to settle down and I heard you slump around day 3 after birth but I didn't. I did find not sleeping some nights and baby having troubles goin to toilet can leave you wanting to cry. And then hubby been able sleep through the night feeds can get irritating fast

But an hour to yourself like a shower and nap and it all seems fine again

Will defnitely do that! Thanks :)

Hope the little man is settling in and your keeping well xx

He got his food switched and now a poo a day for the first time since he were born. Hard work figuring out what works 3 different foods but got here in the end. And his sleeping is great a bottle at half 5 and half 9 in the mornin

When baby comes just get some time to relax it really works we ain't super woman x x

Missed my first bus, had to walk down to get next choice, it pulled away just as I get to it, next one not for 15 mins, so decided to get another as it was due in 3 mins, but just as I pay for my ticket bus driver says we have to wait 10 mins for new driver, after having already had to go loo twice, needing to go again, stand still on quays. I was on bus that takes extra 15 mins to get home too. Then as I was getting off, driver missed by stop so had to walk back again! I know it all seems trivial but wh baby in pelvis n sore back n feet I just wanted to get home and collapse! Feel like calling in sick tomorrow but am really busy :( only 8 weeks, only 8 weeks, only 8 weeks!

Edit: just found out my dad knows its a girl! He's wanted me to keep it a secret but I let slip when my neighbour asked me how was the baby doing, I replied saying she's fine! He was busy locking up so I didn't think he'd notice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

oh I hate when that happens loubian. i hate depending on buses and luas's.

i have been in west clare for a few days dealing with the in-laws. i feel like i have ptsd after it. but i got the travel system to dublin and a load of my son newborns clothes and am so delighted to see that alot of them are unisex and so darn cute!!!

had to go to the doctor on monday. i had a lot of pain down below... i have a varicose vein on my nether regions :( i didn't know that was humanly possible. it'll probably leave after the baby is born the doc said. so a fun 10 weeks of being too sore to sit or stand

I know most of you will say ring just to make sure, n I probably will by the end of the day, but been having dull cramps on n off since last friday, waking up with a sore back most mornings, n today I vomited without notice, or no reason that I can think of. Here's the tmi bit, I had to change after vomiting coz I leaked a bit (sorry!!) But I'm still wet n it seems to keep coming. I'm trying my hardest not to thinks of early labour as the pains aren't constant, n funnily I'm trying to avoid ringing the hospital as I know its probably nothing, but anyone else experience anything like this? Sorry for tmi if you're squeamish! I forgot to say i was at the doctors yesterday n he said its probably braxton hicks but if I feel unwell to go back to him or the hospital. .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

loubian wrote: »
    I know most of you will say ring just to make sure, n I probably will by the end of the day, but been having dull cramps on n off since last friday, waking up with a sore back most mornings, n today I vomited without notice, or no reason that I can think of. Here's the tmi bit, I had to change after vomiting coz I leaked a bit (sorry!!) But I'm still wet n it seems to keep coming. I'm trying my hardest not to thinks of early labour as the pains aren't constant, n funnily I'm trying to avoid ringing the hospital as I know its probably nothing, but anyone else experience anything like this? Sorry for tmi if you're squeamish! I forgot to say i was at the doctors yesterday n he said its probably braxton hicks but if I feel unwell to go back to him or the hospital. .

If you're leaking go in and have them test to see if it's amniotic fluid.

It's the only way to be sure.

I also think call the hosp, just to be sure. I still vomit randomly for no reason (doc told me it was because the expanding uterus squishes your stomach) and leak a bit when I do (bladder control not being the strong skill of a woman who is 8 months pregnant). Better safe than sorry though!

I rang the hosp the other day panicking because the baby had hiccups. Midwives were very nice about even though I was being silly. They'd always rather you rang.

Does the leakage smell sweet (if that 's not too gross for you?). I've heard amniotic fluid does.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Yes if u think not urine and still leaking u will hav get checked as could be waters and need care if it is to prevent infection regardless if hav cramps or not!

i had that with no.1 too MW. i thought the baby was having seizures when it was just hiccuping. was slightly embarassed when the nurse laughed kindly and explained it was all normal :o

loubian. call your doc or hospital. it's more than likely nothing but better to check :)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    i had that with no.1 too MW. i thought the baby was having seizures when it was just hiccuping. was slightly embarassed when the nurse laughed kindly and explained it was all normal :o

loubian. call your doc or hospital. it's more than likely nothing but better to check :)

It's a horrible feeling, I thought something was really wrong with the baby! He keeps getting them too, about an hour after I eat and it's very unpleasant! :)

Just watching the news and watching Donal Walshs funeral..... Couldnt turn it off even though I was crying.... Such a young life ...

Just a quick post to let ye know how i got on! I went in and had to give two samples to see if there was any fluid other than urine, that was clear, then the doc saw me, she did a very thorough examination, felt the belly, listened to the heart beat, did a scan, checked internally to see if sac was still together, all clear. Then was sent up for a ctg to monitor baby's heart rate. Had to stay there for about an hour, but again everything is ok. Doc has to come in to sign it off and when he did, said he wanted to do internal exam to make sure i wasn't in labour. All clear. So then we'd to go back down to outpatients to meet the doctor from earlier. It was 5pm at this stage (having arrived at lunchtime) so we were told to wait in fetal assessment area. The doc came and spoke, she said everything is ok, except there's an elevated amount of something (protein it turned out to be) in blood so she wanted to get second opinion from her boss, but that he was in surgery. So we waited about 90 mins and heard he had been called in to another surgery straight after, we asked the midwife if she knew what we had to wait for and she said more than likely an internal exam. We said i already got one so then she just wanted to wait to ask about the bloods.. so at around 6.30 we left to go and get some air. We decided to get cup of tea and then go back up. When we did, we asked could we go home and she said if i was feeling ok i could. i was, so we went home, the midwife said they'd ring when they had talked to the doc. I was only home about 20 mins and they rang saying there was nothing to be concerned about and i didn't have to go back in. Relief! The elevated protein means i probably have an infection and that could be what caused the vomiting earlier. My stomach is a bit quesy at the moment, and had been a few times during the day, so it may be a bug. I managed not to over panic this time, but i am glad i went in. They very thoroughly checked everything to make sure everything was ok and it's given me a lot of reassurance. I got to listen to the baby's heart beating for an hour so it made me very happy. I'm still deciding if i will go to work tomorrow, i'm quite busy, but right now i'm shattered! I hope everyone else is doing well and thanks for your support! :)

• Advertisement

Glad you're doing well loubian. Always better to be safe than sorry. Long enough day for you. Get a good nights sleep for yourself now.

Advertisement