Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Boobs, especially the nipples are sore today, just took off my bra. We have friends calling tonight so i might just leave on my big fleece...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Boobs, especially the nipples are sore today, just took off my bra. We have friends calling tonight so i might just leave on my big fleece...

Have you a sports bra? It might be a bit more comfortable if you didn't want to keep your fleece on :)

Back is still sore, n getting stiff so going for a walk later to see if it helps. The sun always makes me happy :) long day in work too but got a good bit done so happy about that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

There are these small sports tops in Penny's these days that are very soft and easy to wear.

Well a long day walking round today, my feet are alright, but that vein is driving me mad, it is fine most of the time, but after a while it swells and my underwear and everything irritates it and it becomes so sore. The more I stand the more swollen it feels, and it hurts to sit on it so I can't sit. FML :(

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    There are these small sports tops in Penny's these days that are very soft and easy to wear.

Well a long day walking round today, my feet are alright, but that vein is driving me mad, it is fine most of the time, but after a while it swells and my underwear and everything irritates it and it becomes so sore. The more I stand the more swollen it feels, and it hurts to sit on it so I can't sit. FML :(

Thanks! Heading into town in the morning so will definitly call in...

Ah its 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.... How far you gone now?

loubian wrote: »
    Have you a sports bra? It might be a bit more comfortable if you didn't want to keep your fleece on :)

Back is still sore, n getting stiff so going for a walk later to see if it helps. The sun always makes me happy :) long day in work too but got a good bit done so happy about that!

I will get a sports bra tomorrow, im going to get measured too!!

I find if i lie down my back is worse but walking around im falling down with tiredness!!

We had thunder and lightning a while ago, i loved it ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks! Heading into town in the morning so will definitly call in...

Ah its 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.... How far you gone now?

They are comfy, no itchy tags or anything! I'm nearly living in them.

Only 9 weeks if I get the section, which is more than likely as the placenta is still low and the baby is lying across (it's fond of itself) Apparently they go away within hours of birth so that's something to be relieved by. I was terrified I would have it forever! :eek: Less than attractive!
    We had thunder and lightning a while ago, i loved it ;)

I love thunder and lightning!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

had another little bit of red spotting last night and just brown today. had scan wed due to some red spotting that showed all was ok. rang EPU. nurse said take it easy for the weekend and come in mon for a scan. she said could be nothing. she said whether its positive or negative i cant change whats happening so just try relax. obviously if i feel the need she said go to a and e. also said scan wont show why this is happening. im starting to wonder could it be an infection? i know this happens to people sometimes and it ends up being nothing. suppose to be my weekend working and had to ring in sick. hated doing it but this baba is most important now. im 13 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

+1 on the bra tops in Penneys... They look like the JML Belvia bra, and they are very comfy! I'm a size 36F (!) and I got the size 18 ones and they fit fine and give me support, even though in clothes I'm a 12. Buy five or six, you'll never want to take them off - great for sleeping in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Red fragile just try rest alot and hope all be ok! Thinking of u! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

6 days overdue today and I wake up with a full blown cold and razor blades in my throat. :(

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    +1 on the bra tops in Penneys... They look like the JML Belvia bra, and they are very comfy! I'm a size 36F (!) and I got the size 18 ones and they fit fine and give me support, even though in clothes I'm a 12. Buy five or six, you'll never want to take them off - great for sleeping in too.

Thanks nikpmup ;) i got 3 18s and a few leggings ;) and a few bras i have a communion in the afternoon, havnt a clue what to wear. I do have a top but il have to wear a white band underneath. I was warned im not allowed on the bouncy castle !!! So between that and watching people drink, its gona be a wild one!!! Im not a massive drinker but im craving heineken the last 2 months! 1 will not be enough!!

Boobs are not as bad today, mam just text me.... Shebought me a head of cabbage.... Should be interesting.... :D

Thanks nikpmup ;) i got 3 18s and a few leggings ;) and a few bras i have a communion in the afternoon, havnt a clue what to wear. I do have a top but il have to wear a white band underneath. I was warned im not allowed on the bouncy castle !!! So between that and watching people drink, its gona be a wild one!!! Im not a massive drinker but im craving heineken the last 2 months! 1 will not be enough!!

Boobs are not as bad today, mam just text me.... Shebought me a head of cabbage.... Should be interesting.... :D

Not sure what the cabbage is for :D

I hate drinking normally, never interests me in the slightest. But with this pregnancy and with no1 I want West Coast Cooler and Bulmers!!! Wouldn't be interested in them usually, but there you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Back sore, ribs sore, nausea building. Pregnancy really is such a magical time.

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Back sore, ribs sore, nausea building. Pregnancy really is such a magical time.

I love how people really think it's a walk in the park! Or that the crappy things like cleaning, hoovering, changing bed clothes and all that are magically done since you know, "Oh you're pregnant, you don't have to worry about that for do you?":confused: How else is it going to get done???

I love how people really think it's a walk in the park! Or that the crappy things like cleaning, hoovering, changing bed clothes and all that are magically done since you know, "Oh you're pregnant, you don't have to worry about that for do you?":confused: How else is it going to get done???

The husband! :D:D

The husband! :D:D

If my guy was to attempt to try and do laundry, my clothes would be the perfect size for the baby if it is a girl, or the bedsheets would just be a lump in the bed, I am far too impatient for my own good. I used work in hotels so I can make a bed in near seconds so him taking half the day would drive me mad :o

The assumption life is a lot easier because we're pregnant is hilarious to me though. And glowing? The only glowing I have seen is 50-70 sweating women stuck in a maternity hospital waiting to see one of few doctors in an over heated room for several hours!

If my guy was to attempt to try and do laundry, my clothes would be the perfect size for the baby if it is a girl, or the bedsheets would just be a lump in the bed, I am far too impatient for my own good. I used work in hotels so I can make a bed in near seconds so him taking half the day would drive me mad :o

The assumption life is a lot easier because we're pregnant is hilarious to me though. And glowing? The only glowing I have seen is 50-70 sweating women stuck in a maternity hospital waiting to see one of few doctors in an over heated room for several hours!

Tbf my OH is great with the domestic duties, but neither of us is overly house proud anyway. I detest housework with a vengeance thanks to growing up in a house with all brothers and an old fashioned mother who believed it was women's work. She actually once said 'you're a girl, you should like housework!' I cant post here my reply.

As for the glowing, my usual response is to explain its sweat from non stop puking. That usually shuts people us.

Tbf my OH is great with the domestic duties, but neither of us is overly house proud anyway. I detest housework with a vengeance thanks to growing up in a house with all brothers and an old fashioned mother who believed it was women's work. She actually once said 'you're a girl, you should like housework!' I cant post here my reply.

I have a 4 year old, I can't be house proud :D

I just like having my laundry sorted and the place hoovered, but there are always toys around the place and magazines here and there, etc.

But I am getting mad cleaning fits recently, they only last about an hour though, I get tired then :)

Not sure what the cabbage is for :D

I hate drinking normally, never interests me in the slightest. But with this pregnancy and with no1 I want West Coast Cooler and Bulmers!!! Wouldn't be interested in them usually, but there you go.

Haha cabbages leaves to put in your bra helps sore boobs.... She didnt really get it, shes just sick of me moaning.... Wait til im 30 weeks i said....

I hate housework and so does OH but he does do it alot and better then me.... Id scrub the bathroom before id change the bedsheets, im 5"3 and hes 6"1 so he always ends up doing it because i just tangles it!

Ooooh i want a West Coast Cooler now!!! My birthday is 4 weeks after my due date and friends have it planned already .... I said lets hold off til Christmas!!

As for the glowing, my usual response is to explain its sweat from non stop puking. That usually shuts people us.

I had 2 brothers, everything was done for them, my mam never came into my room... If ive a boy they will be earning their pocket money!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

In my great wisdom yesterday I decided to clean out the utility where the dogs sleep at night - scrubbed everything. Now I can't bloody move today! Lol, should really learn from this. Usually very house proud but that is quickly going out the window.

+ 1 on the vomiting and sweating, so magical. I also tell people my 'glow' is due to vomiting, they quickly shut up after that :D

McBubbles wrote: »
    In my great wisdom yesterday I decided to clean out the utility where the dogs sleep at night - scrubbed everything. Now I can't bloody move today! Lol, should really learn from this. Usually very house proud but that is quickly going out the window.

+ 1 on the vomiting and sweating, so magical. I also tell people my 'glow' is due to vomiting, they quickly shut up after that :D

You gotta love the sweating!!! NOT!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I lived in hidden support vests towards the end of my pregnancy and for about 6 months or more of my maternity. I only started wearing a bra again when the feeds lessened around 9 months.

Was having a good day, got a great fit of cleaning and tore through most of the house. The OH is gone away for two weeks which is a bit of a bummer, but I have a whole season of Criminal Minds and a fortune of movies that need watching :D But about 2 hours ago I got so dizzy. The whole room spun like crazy. I had to lie down. Poor little guy just played with his toys next to me for the whole time. I feel okay now but not great. Of all the times for me to get ill, the day himself heads away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I've been watching a lot of criminal minds, have them all downloaded to watch when I'm home alone during the day . I had to stop watching them for a while though - my mind was getting a bit warped with all the sickos on it and crazy stuff they show!

Woke up to the baby kicking away in my belly but she must have been kicking my stomach as i feel very nauseous :/

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I've been watching a lot of criminal minds, have them all downloaded to watch when I'm home alone during the day . I had to stop watching them for a while though - my mind was getting a bit warped with all the sickos on it and crazy stuff they show!

Half of it is me drooling at Reid and Morgan :D I love it, but I do get weird dreams like last night. But that's part of the pregnancy too. Weird dreams galore.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Half of it is me drooling at Reid and Morgan :D I love it, but I do get weird dreams like last night. But that's part of the pregnancy too. Weird dreams galore.

love criminal minds!!

I'm 31 weeks today. For anyone who is a bit further along, what does it feel like when the baby is moving down in to position? I'm getting a lot of pressure below today.

Also, like a few people here, my symptoms from the start of the pregnancy seem to have returned - exhaustion and nausea. Fun times!! :P the babs is definitely getting bigger as i get kicks in the ribs and the pelvic area at the same time so she must be stretching out a bit!

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    I'm 31 weeks today. For anyone who is a bit further along, what does it feel like when the baby is moving down in to position? I'm getting a lot of pressure below today.

Also, like a few people here, my symptoms from the start of the pregnancy seem to have returned - exhaustion and nausea. Fun times!! :P the babs is definitely getting bigger as i get kicks in the ribs and the pelvic area at the same time so she must be stretching out a bit!

Hey loubian, I am only 3 days behind you :D

Yes the pressure especially near your bum is a sign they are engaging, or at least thinking about it.

Anytime I am sitting I feel the kicks in the ribs, I swear my little one gets indignant that there is something impeding it's movement as it seems to kick over and over until I move! I can see this one being a trouble maker just like it's brother!!! :P

Advertisement