Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Hey loubian, I am only 3 days behind you :D

Yes the pressure especially near your bum is a sign they are engaging, or at least thinking about it.

Anytime I am sitting I feel the kicks in the ribs, I swear my little one gets indignant that there is something impeding it's movement as it seems to kick over and over until I move! I can see this one being a trouble maker just like it's brother!!! :P

Nearly there :D are you finishing up work soon? 7 weeks for me!! I can't wait!

Oh well I think i've been feeling it near my bum, it's kind of all over! When i'm sitting it's not too bad, but when i walk it can get very uncomfortable. I'm beginning to walk like Sarah Jessica Parker!! Hips swinging!

Awh that's cute! I'm getting kicks on all four sides, pelvis, ribs and both sides, i swear i got one in the hip bone last week! I wonder if they're thinking - get me out of here! certainly feels like it sometimes :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    Nearly there :D are you finishing up work soon? 7 weeks for me!! I can't wait!

Oh well I think i've been feeling it near my bum, it's kind of all over! When i'm sitting it's not too bad, but when i walk it can get very uncomfortable. I'm beginning to walk like Sarah Jessica Parker!! Hips swinging!

Awh that's cute! I'm getting kicks on all four sides, pelvis, ribs and both sides, i swear i got one in the hip bone last week! I wonder if they're thinking - get me out of here! certainly feels like it sometimes :P

I lost my job so I am at home with the small guy these days, which is great too in one respect. Leaving it to 38 weeks is a good idea, it leaves you with more time after the little one is born!

Trying to walk with pressure down below can be hilarious, well I can imagine it is to others, not really to us. I tend to just swing, so I either bring my son's buggy (which he never really needs) or put a backpack on as I don't swing as much then for some reason.

All my movements are just under my ribs left and right, the placenta is low so I won't get to feel anything down lower, but I imagine the hip was your little one moving it's hand and wonder "Wait, I used be able to stretch that fully before" I know their little minds are busy developing to have proper thoughts yet, but surely they realise things are not as spacious as they used be. I love the movements, even the sore ones, it's them exploring. I just think my one is going to come out and limbs will be going everywhere, all the time. It's such a little mover, or perhaps every baby moves that much but with the weird position mine is in, I feel everything, I'm not sure. My first was active, but not this active!

Dear God, will this heartburn ever let up!

I lost my job so I am at home with the small guy these days, which is great too in one respect. Leaving it to 38 weeks is a good idea, it leaves you with more time after the little one is born!

Trying to walk with pressure down below can be hilarious, well I can imagine it is to others, not really to us. I tend to just swing, so I either bring my son's buggy (which he never really needs) or put a backpack on as I don't swing as much then for some reason.

All my movements are just under my ribs left and right, the placenta is low so I won't get to feel anything down lower, but I imagine the hip was your little one moving it's hand and wonder "Wait, I used be able to stretch that fully before" I know their little minds are busy developing to have proper thoughts yet, but surely they realise things are not as spacious as they used be. I love the movements, even the sore ones, it's them exploring. I just think my one is going to come out and limbs will be going everywhere, all the time. It's such a little mover, or perhaps every baby moves that much but with the weird position mine is in, I feel everything, I'm not sure. My first was active, but not this active!

Dear God, will this heartburn ever let up!

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Sorry if you'd said it in here and i'm only realising now!! That was the idea alright, I'd love to be off now but i'd prefer to have more time off when the baby is here, compared to when i'll be at home alone! I'd just eat and watch tv then!

I think it can be quite hilarious aswell! I don't think I'm waddling yet, although if she's starting to move down, i could be by next week!

I was told my placenta was high and that i wouldn't feel much movement up the top, but tbh that's where i feel things most at the moment. I can rest my hand just under my boobs and i'll feel lots of squirms! I can't imagine what it would feel like if there was two in there. When she is moving her hands, she can hit a nerve attached to my bladder, it can actually be quite painful sometimes!

I know exactly how you feel on thea heartburn, i have mine mixed with nausea! It's my first serious attack of heartburn so i'm finding it really uncomfortable... And to make matters worse, one of my favourite things to complain about, someone (the same girl as before!!) has put the heat on... on the 20th may... for just her!!!!!!

Oh no, sorry to hear that. Sorry if you'd said it in here and i'm only realising now!! That was the idea alright, I'd love to be off now but i'd prefer to have more time off when the baby is here, compared to when i'll be at home alone! I'd just eat and watch tv then!

I think it can be quite hilarious aswell! I don't think I'm waddling yet, although if she's starting to move down, i could be by next week!

I was told my placenta was high and that i wouldn't feel much movement up the top, but tbh that's where i feel things most at the moment. I can rest my hand just under my boobs and i'll feel lots of squirms! I can't imagine what it would feel like if there was two in there. When she is moving her hands, she can hit a nerve attached to my bladder, it can actually be quite painful sometimes!

I know exactly how you feel on thea heartburn, i have mine mixed with nausea! It's my first serious attack of heartburn so i'm finding it really uncomfortable... And to make matters worse, one of my favourite things to complain about, someone (the same girl as before!!) has put the heat on... on the 20th may... for just her!!!!!!

Okay. I am fit to cry, it is the end of May for Christ's sake. You work in Dublin don't you? It's not cold!!!! I have been out all morning and not even wearing a jumper and indoors are warmer than outdoors. That woman really needs a dose of cop on!!! I'm getting nearly as annoyed as you at this stage!

Heartburn is a right horrible thing, I love spicy food and tea and the like and they all irritate it horribly! :(

Sitting at home is the worst, I find myself terribly bored even with a four year old to look after, the only thing is, he keeps me occupied with constant cleaning! :D

Okay. I am fit to cry, it is the end of May for Christ's sake. You work in Dublin don't you? It's not cold!!!! I have been out all morning and not even wearing a jumper and indoors are warmer than outdoors. That woman really needs a dose of cop on!!! I'm getting nearly as annoyed as you at this stage!

Heartburn is a right horrible thing, I love spicy food and tea and the like and they all irritate it horribly! :(

Sitting at home is the worst, I find myself terribly bored even with a four year old to look after, the only thing is, he keeps me occupied with constant cleaning! :D

Yeah, i work in Dublin. I would check my phone to see the temperature but it's off, but i think the last time i checked it was around 13?? Hardly baltic like! There are 5 people who sit right under the fans/heating system - only one of them wants the heat on! The rest of us are sweating! The poor receptionist is run off her feet with phonecalls asking to have it on and off!! The girl who wants it on complains her feet are cold... :confused: it's so ridiculous!!

I like all that food too - luckily i haven't had much of it, but now that i do, it's making my appetite decrease a lot (although i can still manage the all important bar of chocolate!! :/ )

Is your little boy in school yet, or will he be starting this year?

• Advertisement

Yeah, i work in Dublin. I would check my phone to see the temperature but it's off, but i think the last time i checked it was around 13?? Hardly baltic like! There are 5 people who sit right under the fans/heating system - only one of them wants the heat on! The rest of us are sweating! The poor receptionist is run off her feet with phonecalls asking to have it on and off!! The girl who wants it on complains her feet are cold... :confused: it's so ridiculous!!

I like all that food too - luckily i haven't had much of it, but now that i do, it's making my appetite decrease a lot (although i can still manage the all important bar of chocolate!! :/ )

Is your little boy in school yet, or will he be starting this year?

He is in pre-school at the moment, so I had to organise him going to "big school" in September. I'm not sure I am ready for that!!! I had a meeting with his principal today, and have to look for uniforms soon :eek: August will be hard here, getting used to baby's routine and getting another one ready for school.

Can that girl not buy socks or wear faux Uggs or something. I said it before, I would threaten nudity! :D It is 14 degrees outdoors in the city, hardly cold. Nothing a cardigan wouldn't sort! I would have been held up for her murder by now. Surely 4-5 members of staff are the majority compared to her!

He is in pre-school at the moment, so I had to organise him going to "big school" in September. I'm not sure I am ready for that!!! I had a meeting with his principal today, and have to look for uniforms soon :eek: August will be hard here, getting used to baby's routine and getting another one ready for school.

Can that girl not buy socks or wear faux Uggs or something. I said it before, I would threaten nudity! :D It is 14 degrees outdoors in the city, hardly cold. Nothing a cardigan wouldn't sort! I would have been held up for her murder by now. Surely 4-5 members of staff are the majority compared to her!

Is he excited? :) my niece is two, so a few years yet until she starts, but i can imagine how scary it is at the prospect of looking at uniforms!

I'm pretty sure she has a good pair of leather boots on, and a cardigan. You would think that she would even ask but no, she just puts it on. At least if one of the others is too warm/cold, they'll ask if we would mind them putting it on. But it's the 20th May!!!!!! An office with no windows, at least 40 bodies, HOW can she be cold?? I'm ranting now haha! My stomach is actually quite sore so that's adding to the moodiness!!! :P

Is he excited? :) my niece is two, so a few years yet until she starts, but i can imagine how scary it is at the prospect of looking at uniforms!

I'm pretty sure she has a good pair of leather boots on, and a cardigan. You would think that she would even ask but no, she just puts it on. At least if one of the others is too warm/cold, they'll ask if we would mind them putting it on. But it's the 20th May!!!!!! An office with no windows, at least 40 bodies, HOW can she be cold?? I'm ranting now haha! My stomach is actually quite sore so that's adding to the moodiness!!! :P

Actually in some areas of Dublin, depending on how many schools are in your area, you may find yourself putting your little one's name down fairly soon, a few friends of mine are struggling to get places!

Well you think she'd invest in warm socks! Or see a doc about her circulation! I have a SIL like that, last weekend we were all in Clare and she had the heating on, myself, my partner, our son and her mother all sweating, but she was cold so we all had to suffer for her.

Is she still kicking you there? that doesn't help with the nausea!

I am so sick of feeling tired all the time, I wish I could have a caffeine drink to perk me up!

Actually in some areas of Dublin, depending on how many schools are in your area, you may find yourself putting your little one's name down fairly soon, a few friends of mine are struggling to get places!

Well you think she'd invest in warm socks! Or see a doc about her circulation! I have a SIL like that, last weekend we were all in Clare and she had the heating on, myself, my partner, our son and her mother all sweating, but she was cold so we all had to suffer for her.

Is she still kicking you there? that doesn't help with the nausea!

I am so sick of feeling tired all the time, I wish I could have a caffeine drink to perk me up!

That's true, I didn't think of that! It's hard to know for me becquse I'm still living at home and i don't know if I'll still be there in 4/5 years! Hopefully I won't be! But I do have to think of creches and the like though! Definitely going to try look into that next month!

You'd think she would! Or at least think, its middle of may, I shouldn't have to put the heat on!

Yeah she kicks out so my boobs get hit too! I don't think she likes when I lean over, which I tend to do in work! She's definitely getting stronger anyway!

Are you not allowed to have caffein

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Whoever said that fatigue and nausea disappeared in the 2nd trimester was LYING!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

nikpmup wrote: »
    Whoever said that fatigue and nausea disappeared in the 2nd trimester was LYING!! :(

+ 1 on that! Hope you feel better soon.
    Coming to the end of my 2nd trimester and I am starting to feel better, more energy and less or nausea. There is light!

That's true, I didn't think of that! It's hard to know for me becquse I'm still living at home and i don't know if I'll still be there in 4/5 years! Hopefully I won't be! But I do have to think of creches and the like though! Definitely going to try look into that next month!

You'd think she would! Or at least think, its middle of may, I shouldn't have to put the heat on!

Yeah she kicks out so my boobs get hit too! I don't think she likes when I lean over, which I tend to do in work! She's definitely getting stronger anyway!

Are you not allowed to have caffein

We are allow a bit, but not those energy drinks like red bull. I was addicted to them before I got pregnant. I found them hard to come off, so now that I am tired I find myself wanting them again.

My little one is the same, doesn't like when I have my ribs in the way! :rolleyes: I just think the constant kicking afterwards until I move is hilarious. Then there are one or two tester kicks, and clearly thinks "right, I have space there again" and only the normal every so often movement again after :D

Yeah, I put my son down for a school in Clare and left it very late to put his name down in Dublin as I thought I would be heading to Clare before sending him to school, but with no2 I decided to stay up.
    nikpmup wrote: »
    Lies!!!! I swear! Sure week 12 is 2nd trimester and I have yet to meet a woman not to have sickness until week 16. And energy slumps are terrible too, I get them fierce bad at the moment, but I am in 3rd trimester now. I think for most women weeks 15/16 to 22/24 women supposedly feel as though they are fine and in many cases feel like they aren't even pregnant for a while minus the small bump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I think for most women weeks 15/16 to 22/24 women supposedly feel as though they are fine and in many cases feel like they aren't even pregnant for a while minus the small bump.

Apart from this tiredness I don't feel pregnant, thank you for that ;)

Apart from this tiredness I don't feel pregnant, thank you for that ;)

As soon as my sickness left (week 17) I didn't feel pregnant until the kicks started happening. It is a weird no man's land for those few weeks, I found myself wondering was everything alright and what not. The sickness before that told me I was pregnant.

As soon as my sickness left (week 17) I didn't feel pregnant until the kicks started happening. It is a weird no man's land for those few weeks, I found myself wondering was everything alright and what not. The sickness before that told me I was pregnant.

Exactly, I was wishing for my "vodka hangover" (my name for MS) last week, I am feeling tiny flutters though ;)

I was in the shower this morning and I looked down and my knees are out of sight! Everyday I notice something making me realise I'm pregnant, it probably sounds stupid. But I get so excited at the littlest of things these days :)

Exactly, I was wishing for my "vodka hangover" (my name for MS) last week, I am feeling tiny flutters though ;)

I was in the shower this morning and I looked down and my knees are out of sight! Everyday I notice something making me realise I'm pregnant, it probably sounds stupid. But I get so excited at the littlest of things these days :)

Yes, and more and more of your feet every week until they are invisible and there is a outty bellybutton poking through your top/dress at you! :D We go through a lot, but it is so worth it at the end! I was just told "I like you mommy" followed closely by an "and I love you too" As you can read from myself and Loubian's chat today, the flutters turn into stronger movements and every day it becomes more and more real and you get even more excited.

Yeah when the kicks get stronger, it gets more exciting! I feel movements against my desk in work, so I'll sit back in my chair n watch my stomach go crazy and just sit there laughing to myself!

Getting quite strong pains at the moment, all over my stomach and stuck in traffic so not helping! Wondering how to know if it's just my uterus adjusting or something more serious! After last week, I know to expect pains n stuff but its still confusing! I'll go home and have a hot shower anyway and take it easy!

Again Loubian? You're not having a good time with the pain. :(

Again Loubian? You're not having a good time with the pain. :(

Yeah, I had an easy pregnancy up until now so i can only expect a bit of pain as it gets closer! Only 9 weeks to go! I suffer from trapped wind though n it can get quite sore n I think that has something to do with the pains I'm experiencing now! I got fybogel in the chemist today as I also suffer from constipation a bit n I got rennies to get rid of wind! Hopefully they will help! Now off to have a hopefully hot shower, the shower system hasn't been working properly the last week and we've been having very lukewarm showers!

Yeah, I had an easy pregnancy up until now so i can only expect a bit of pain as it gets closer! Only 9 weeks to go! I suffer from trapped wind though n it can get quite sore n I think that has something to do with the pains I'm experiencing now! I got fybogel in the chemist today as I also suffer from constipation a bit n I got rennies to get rid of wind! Hopefully they will help! Now off to have a hopefully hot shower, the shower system hasn't been working properly the last week and we've been having very lukewarm showers!

Ah, I love my hot showers! Luke warm would drive me mad! Can't wait until I can't hear talking coming from my son's room so I can go for one (if I do it while he is awake, he comes out and watches TV the cheeky monkey!!!)

Constipation is common at our stage :( Not fun, I try to counter it with weetabix :o If your stomach is feeling hard, that would be a sign of it too, but look after yourself, just in case. I hope you plan on relaxing for the evening for yourself!

• Advertisement

Ah, I love my hot showers! Luke warm would drive me mad! Can't wait until I can't hear talking coming from my son's room so I can go for one (if I do it while he is awake, he comes out and watches TV the cheeky monkey!!!)

Constipation is common at our stage :( Not fun, I try to counter it with weetabix :o If your stomach is feeling hard, that would be a sign of it too, but look after yourself, just in case. I hope you plan on relaxing for the evening for yourself!

Me too! Ha! That's funny, can imagine what that's like :P I guess I have that to look forward to and you have it to look forward to twice over :P

That fybogel is nasty!! :P
    i tend to be hit and miss with cereal, sometimes i like it, sometimes i don't. But I'll try to incorporate it into my diet, even if only once or twice a week! My stomach does feel quite hard, but then baby lies to the front a lot, bum and back sticking out so it's hard to know when it's hardening for real. I think what i'm getting is a mixture of bowel pains along with baby stretching and braxton hicks! Pregnancy is fun! :P
    I plan on having my shower, properly drying my hair for once (we'll see if this changes after the shower!!) and possibly watching tv for 30 mins before bed! Went out with my brother and dad last night and didn't get to bed til 12.30!! Two hours past my bedtime!! :O haha! hope you have something nice planned yourself (when the talking does die down :D)

Me too! Ha! That's funny, can imagine what that's like :P I guess I have that to look forward to and you have it to look forward to twice over :P

Yes, I can imagine my showers will be quick ones when my son is in school and the baby is sleeping, but I love my evening ones.
    I plan on having my shower, properly drying my hair for once (we'll see if this changes after the shower!!) and possibly watching tv for 30 mins before bed! Went out with my brother and dad last night and didn't get to bed til 12.30!! Two hours past my bedtime!! :O haha! hope you have something nice planned yourself (when the talking does die down :D)

I never dry my hair, and then get peeved when I look like I look like I've been electrocuted!

I stayed up late last night too, when you're pregnant sleep routines are something difficult to break, even for one night, that 2 hours is difficult to catch up.

Well I want to catch up with Criminal Minds, but I won't until I hear no more little voice, seems to be nearly asleep now. I am frightened of him coming in seeing dead bodies! Although he did come in one day and I paused it and he pointed at the screen and said "daddy" (it was Reid) I just laughed and thought "I wish" :D

I stayed up late last night too, when you're pregnant sleep routines are something difficult to break, even for one night, that 2 hours is difficult to catch up.

Well I want to catch up with Criminal Minds, but I won't until I hear no more little voice, seems to be nearly asleep now. I am frightened of him coming in seeing dead bodies! Although he did come in one day and I paused it and he pointed at the screen and said "daddy" (it was Reid) I just laughed and thought "I wish" :D

I know what you mean, i was falling asleep in the pub. We were on the high stools and near the end, i had to go and sit in a corner on my own because my back was killing me! thank god it was empty! :P

I'm going to have to record all the criminal minds now so i can catch up when i'm off! I love it, think it's the best crime drama on tv now, as well as bones! David Boreanaz! :rolleyes: haha does his daddy look like reid?!

OH rang me from work a hour ago and i was lying down. He was giving out about work and the next minute i felt loads of flutters.... I was like keep giving out!! Hes dying to feel it, im still enjoying these private moments :)

I use to love real hot baths, but not having one til bambino is here. Theres no point in having a luke warm one because i wont stay in it. I leave hot water run down my back and it really helps :)

Ooooo an outty belly button :)

I know what you mean, i was falling asleep in the pub. We were on the high stools and near the end, i had to go and sit in a corner on my own because my back was killing me! thank god it was empty! :P

I'm going to have to record all the criminal minds now so i can catch up when i'm off! I love it, think it's the best crime drama on tv now, as well as bones! David Boreanaz! :rolleyes: haha does his daddy look like reid?!

Well he has the same colour hair and brown eyes, but not really! I have most of season 8 recorded. Daddy isn't a fan so I don't watch it when he's home so I am playing catch up now he's away. I love it :D

High stools, I couldn't, even the thought is giving me backache!

Ugh, I was all ready for my shower and my brother rang. I don't mind since I don't get to talk to him as much as I would like, but he was on for over half an hour and all I kept thinking is my shoulders are killing me, I need hot water to relax them. Er sure, I'll go in in a sec.
    OH rang me from work a hour ago and i was lying down. He was giving out about work and the next minute i felt loads of flutters.... I was like keep giving out!! Hes dying to feel it, im still enjoying these private moments :)

I use to love real hot baths, but not having one til bambino is here. Theres no point in having a luke warm one because i wont stay in it. I leave hot water run down my back and it really helps :)

Ooooo an outty belly button :)

Haha, he'll feel them soon enough, for now it's mummy/baby bonding time :D

They gross my partner out, he thinks it's like a scene from alien. The other night he nearly died when I placed a glass on my bump and the baby was pushing at iy. His face was priceless :D

The bellybutton looks hilarious, it becomes a case of there literally is no room for it inside any more and all of a sudden there is a little outward dent in your clothes from it :D

My bellybutton hasnt turned out yet; i dont think it will either! The 'hole' seems to have gotten a bit wider though :P

It was great when the kicks started getting stronger! Now i'm getting everyone to stare at my tummy so they can see a knee or a foot sticking out! But once they lay their eyes on it, the baby stops moving :P The phrase "i'm not a performing monkey" comes to mind :P i think sometimes when they hear your voice, they will respond :) i was at a meeting last friday and i was the main talker and it was going mad, i'd be mid sentence and i'd have to stop because i'd want to concentrate on the kicking :P

The night is still young(ish), you could have a quick shower before bed :)

inlikeflynn, how many weeks are you? :)

There's a big bar of white chocolate toblerone with my name on it downstairs, but i cant have any because of the god damn heatburn!

im 18 + 4 .... Time is flying by!!

I noticed my bellybutton seemed wider today! I cannot not wait to try the glass.... OH will love it :)

Heartburn started last week so im getting use to the rennie!!!

My bellybutton hasnt turned out yet; i dont think it will either! The 'hole' seems to have gotten a bit wider though :P

The night is still young(ish), you could have a quick shower before bed :)

inlikeflynn, how many weeks are you? :)

There's a big bar of white chocolate toblerone with my name on it downstairs, but i cant have any because of the god damn heatburn!

I want to have a cup of tea :( But that is terrible for heartburn, my constant companion! White choc, hmmmmm.

Showered how, shoulders no longer hurting thank goodness. No CM though. But at least I will be comfy in bed.
    im 18 + 4 .... Time is flying by!!

I noticed my bellybutton seemed wider today! I cannot not wait to try the glass.... OH will love it :)

Heartburn started last week so im getting use to the rennie!!!

Make sure there's nothing in it. I made the mistake with a bowl of cereal and nearly cost me a laptop! It is amazing how strong they are!!!

Mine bellybutton looks so weird, it is out, but there is also what looks like a little moat around it!!! It's so weird!

Got my shower, but since I decided to do some lady grooming, the way I was leaning caused my varicose vein to become very sore :( How bloody attractive! Pregnancy, such a glorious time!

Anyone getting a rhythm type pulse/beat in their lower regions? Its not quite down below, its more in my pelvic area, n I would think it was my heartbeat but it doesn't match when I check my pulse. I've heard it could be the baby hiccuping but its quite a fast beat n Ive felt the baby hiccuping before n this feels different! It's quite a strange sensation!

• Advertisement

Anyone getting a rhythm type pulse/beat in their lower regions? Its not quite down below, its more in my pelvic area, n I would think it was my heartbeat but it doesn't match when I check my pulse. I've heard it could be the baby hiccuping but its quite a fast beat n Ive felt the baby hiccuping before n this feels different! It's quite a strange sensation!

You mean like just a random pulse. Yes, I get that, especially with that damn vein! :( That whole area is getting increased blood flow and there is a lot of pressure there, so it's supposedly not that uncommon.

Advertisement