Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

loubian wrote: »
    Anyone getting a rhythm type pulse/beat in their lower regions? Its not quite down below, its more in my pelvic area, n I would think it was my heartbeat but it doesn't match when I check my pulse. I've heard it could be the baby hiccuping but its quite a fast beat n Ive felt the baby hiccuping before n this feels different! It's quite a strange sensation!

It probably is just the baby hiccuping but in a different position so it feels lower down to you. My baby hiccups loads and where I can feel it moves around- it can also be different speeds depending on how hiccupy he is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Thanks for replying! Only after i posted that, it came to me that it might actually be the baby pressing on a nerve!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I'd also suggest its hiccups loubain! Very strange when you feel them for the first time and as murdywurdy said they can got at different speeds! When I first started feeling them they were so light no one else could feel the pulsating but me. As the weeks went by they got stronger and stronger! It will be interesting to see how hiccupy the babies are when they are born!

cant26 wrote: »
    I'd also suggest its hiccups loubain! Very strange when you feel them for the first time and as murdywurdy said they can got at different speeds! When I first started feeling them they were so light no one else could feel the pulsating but me. As the weeks went by they got stronger and stronger! It will be interesting to see how hiccupy the babies are when they are born!

I was thinking this too, my baby book said babies that hiccup a lot in the uterus tend to hiccup more when they are born as well. My little one gets them 2/3 times a day so hopefully that doesn't signify that he might be a colicky baby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I was thinking this too, my baby book said babies that hiccup a lot in the uterus tend to hiccup more when they are born as well. My little one gets them 2/3 times a day so hopefully that doesn't signify that he might be a colicky baby!

take it as a good sign, his little lungs are doing what they're meant to. :)

i am worse than a pitbull with a toothache! was all excited as i got things for the baby and had planned to bring my son to town and get him something nice and what not. i collected him from preschool and he comes to meet me with one side of his face looking like he fell face first into a cactus.

teacher says he threw a tantrum and did it to himself, he says he fell off a slide and going by the dirt on his face, mouth and hands i'd believe it. i just feel she is hiding her incompetence. she's been less than stellar before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    take it as a good sign, his little lungs are doing what they're meant to. :)

i am worse than a pitbull with a toothache! was all excited as i got things for the baby and had planned to bring my son to town and get him something nice and what not. i collected him from preschool and he comes to meet me with one side of his face looking like he fell face first into a cactus.

teacher says he threw a tantrum and did it to himself, he says he fell off a slide and going by the dirt on his face, mouth and hands i'd believe it. i just feel she is hiding her incompetence. she's been less than stellar before

Demand to see the incident report! They should have some system of reporting incidents/accidental injuries. I'd be kicking up more than a fuss about this! (I work in residential care, and if one of the people I look after has as much as a scratch, we have to fill in no less than three bits of paperwork and report it to the person in charge)

Went outside for lunch to get some sun, now I'm all stuffy and sneezing like mad, which doesn't help my already stratchy sore throat :( the heat was put on again today but I had to turn it off just there. I thought only my area would have been on, as that's where the cold girl sits but no, every area was on! Melting:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Loubian I'd say you are just counting the weeks til your finished work. I'd be bringing jumpers and soup into that girl, just to annoy her.... I'm so mean

Loubian I'd say you are just counting the weeks til your finished work. I'd be bringing jumpers and soup into that girl, just to annoy her.... I'm so mean

7 weeks until I can wear summer dresses with the windows open all day! It's a good idea alright :P ill bring her in my hot water bottle ha!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Demand to see the incident report! They should have some system of reporting incidents/accidental injuries. I'd be kicking up more than a fuss about this! (I work in residential care, and if one of the people I look after has as much as a scratch, we have to fill in no less than three bits of paperwork and report it to the person in charge)

i'm a fairly easy going person. i do believe boys will be boys and kids are prone to doing silly things. if she said to me that he fell off the slide, which he is insisting happened. i would be okay about it, because i know him and i know he can be prone to mischief. but he came home before with a badly bruised forehead and not a word said about it. at first I thought they didnt see it under the hair line, but then i noticed amica gel on it.

it is a small run place. i am regretting not sending him to a bigger place. i took photos of the cuts and will demand to see the report in the morning.

loubian. your workplace seems to love wasting money. it is roasting in town today!

• Advertisement

i'm a fairly easy going person. i do believe boys will be boys and kids are prone to doing silly things. if she said to me that he fell off the slide, which he is insisting happened. i would be okay about it, because i know him and i know he can be prone to mischief. but he came home before with a badly bruised forehead and not a word said about it. at first I thought they didnt see it under the hair line, but then i noticed amica gel on it.

it is a small run place. i am regretting not sending him to a bigger place. i took photos of the cuts and will demand to see the report in the morning.

loubian. your workplace seems to love wasting money. it is roasting in town today!

That's a fair point, and kids will get into little accidents, they're kids, but not telling you about it or trying to minimise it/blame the child is unacceptable IMO. Any accident should be reported, and there should be proper procedures in place. Deffo follow it up, esp if you suspect that she's a bit on the lazy side

Ya when I mentioned it to my gp when it first started she said it may be a sign that he will have colic. However I've read a good bit on it and it seems to be split. Some say their babies had hiccups 10 times a day with one baby and never suffered with colic and then never got hiccups on another baby and the child suffered terribly..obviously there is the opposite too. I found my little guy was getting them 4-6 times a day up until two weeks ago and now I'd say maybe twice a day tops..being induced tomoro so I will find out soon enough if the hiccups mean colic(have bought infacol already just in case!!!!)

Ya when I mentioned it to my gp when it first started she said it may be a sign that he will have colic. However I've read a good bit on it and it seems to be split. Some say their babies had hiccups 10 times a day with one baby and never suffered with colic and then never got hiccups on another baby and the child suffered terribly..obviously there is the opposite too. I found my little guy was getting them 4-6 times a day up until two weeks ago and now I'd say maybe twice a day tops..being induced tomoro so I will find out soon enough if the hiccups mean colic(have bought infacol already just in case!!!!)

Well, let us know. Will be interested to hear if there is a connection :) best of luck for tomorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

When I was pregnant my baba always seemed to have hiccups, numerous times a day! She's 4 weeks old now and has hiccups once or twice a day still but no colic (touch wood)! I asked the public health nurse were they anything to worry about and she asked me if she had hiccups in utero and that some babies are just hicuppy :) big wet hiccups, they bother me more than they bother her ;)

Going to bed while it's still bright outside, welcome to the seventh month of ppregnancy :P

Well, let us know. Will be interested to hear if there is a connection :) best of luck for tomorrow!

Thanks a million,cannot wait for the labour part to be over!!! Will be sure to let ya know if there's a connection with the hiccups and colick..I'd say its coincidence really! :)

Digs wrote: »
    When I was pregnant my baba always seemed to have hiccups, numerous times a day! She's 4 weeks old now and has hiccups once or twice a day still but no colic (touch wood)! I asked the public health nurse were they anything to worry about and she asked me if she had hiccups in utero and that some babies are just hicuppy :) big wet hiccups, they bother me more than they bother her ;)

That's what I like to hear!!!

Thanks a million,cannot wait for the labour part to be over!!! Will be sure to let ya know if there's a connection with the hiccups and colick..I'd say its coincidence really! :)

My first baby was hiccuppy, and got colic. Not that it is related.

Good luck tomorrow cant26, it is worth it in the end and I was induced, it's scary but the docs/nurses tend to be lovely and talk you through everything! :) Just think, this time tomorrow, it will more than likely be all over and you will have your little one in your arms :D xxx

Hey wolfpawnat, I had a nap earlier and was having crazy hormone induced dreams. You were in one (not that I know what you look like but I knew it was you!). You gave birth in the back seat of a car and I had to help! Just giving you a heads up in case it turns out I'm some kind of clairvoyant!! :D

My first baby was hiccuppy, and got colic. Not that it is related.

Good luck tomorrow cant26, it is worth it in the end and I was induced, it's scary but the docs/nurses tend to be lovely and talk you through everything! :) Just think, this time tomorrow, it will more than likely be all over and you will have your little one in your arms :D xxx

Thanks wolfpawnat! I've been lucky with lovely nurses,midwives and doctors so fingers crossed I come across some nice ones tomorrow! Hopefully he will be in my arms by now I'm getting induced at 8am and praying its a fast labour as all the docs have been saying I'm 'ready' for the last two weeks with no joy of going myself!! I'm keeping an open mind and going with the flow,nothing else I can do. Thanks again x

• Advertisement

Hey wolfpawnat, I had a nap earlier and was having crazy hormone induced dreams. You were in one (not that I know what you look like but I knew it was you!). You gave birth in the back seat of a car and I had to help! Just giving you a heads up in case it turns out I'm some kind of clairvoyant!! :D

Oh Lord! That's a funny one. I don't even have a car!!!!

Er sure, as long as baby is okay I'll be fine. But still, I think I'll try and make it to the hospital!

Having a crappy day. Got a good nights sleep last night, but still tired píssed off at everything.

Also am I the only one whose imagination is running away with them. I was going to get my hair done this weekend for the first time since before I got pregnant, so that's 31 weeks, but I have it in my head I will argue with himself over bringing our son out for the day for a family day since he is away for 2 weeks (we are visiting him this weekend) I really need a haircut so regardless I am getting it done and it is the first time he won't have study or work so I am depending on him for this, but my head is going through argument after argument we could have over this even though I know the chances of us having one at all are minimal!

I just want to be in a good mood, but I am so annoyed for no fricken reason!!!!!

It's the damn hormones wolfpawnat! I find myself having crazy daydreams like that too. :)

Just walked twenty minutes n am now gagging with nausea and heartburn :(

Just got a letter from the hospital, saying i need to go back to them for a repeat urine test.. anyone else get anything like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Tired... Spent day waiting for lino guy then had to tidy up 3 rooms .... So sore...
    I know I did too much as I did not feel well after doing it..... Ny house looks well but im wrecked ...

my oh has his music exam tonight so no real break.... Could do with going to bed for lie down but no such luck

Anyone else getting dizzy randomly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

loubian wrote: »
    Just walked twenty minutes n am now gagging with nausea and heartburn :(

Just got a letter from the hospital, saying i need to go back to them for a repeat urine test.. anyone else get anything like this?

I had to do this on #1 had protein in urine at a 33 week ish check , did repeat test it was clear. I wouldn't worry too much loubian

Tired... Spent day waiting for lino guy then had to tidy up 3 rooms .... So sore...
    I know I did too much as I did not feel well after doing it..... Ny house looks well but im wrecked ...

my oh has his music exam tonight so no real break.... Could do with going to bed for lie down but no such luck

Anyone else getting dizzy randomly...

Fair play on cleaning and tidying!! Im lying down looking at a basket full of clean clothes :(

I feel really dizzy today. I didnt have a proper breakfast but have ate fruit brown bread and yoghurt and a loop the loop and i still feel dizzy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Fair play on cleaning and tidying!! Im lying down looking at a basket full of clean clothes :(

I feel really dizzy today. I didnt have a proper breakfast but have ate fruit brown bread and yoghurt and a loop the loop and i still feel dizzy :(

Eat some protein! Meat, cheese, peanut butter....

Just making beef now.... Whether I can eat it or not is another thing

• Advertisement

Just making beef now.... Whether I can eat it or not is another thing

+1.... Still cannot stomach meat at all.

Advertisement