Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Try scrambled eggs. They're usually pretty easy on the stomach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Ugh feeling really sensitive today :( hormones making me think of stupid things and upsetting me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

loubian wrote: »
    Ugh feeling really sensitive today :( hormones making me think of stupid things and upsetting me :(

+1 to that

Have been lied to by both UPC and Tesco customer services in the past couple of weeks and have spent hours on the phone fighting with customer services.

I've been so stressed that I'm convinced I'm causing epigenetic changes to the baby and she'll turn out some kind of psycho..... And it's just having this knock on effect on my life too even when I'm just going about my day to day life. I'm trying to just do some calm breathing and look forward to our holidays but I'm just so stressed!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok rant over. Time to find some pregnancy yoga.

And who ate all the pies? Oh yeah, me. :(

+1 to that

Have been lied to by both UPC and Tesco customer services in the past couple of weeks and have spent hours on the phone fighting with customer services.

I've been so stressed that I'm convinced I'm causing epigenetic changes to the baby and she'll turn out some kind of psycho..... And it's just having this knock on effect on my life too even when I'm just going about my day to day life. I'm trying to just do some calm breathing and look forward to our holidays but I'm just so stressed!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok rant over. Time to find some pregnancy yoga.

I used to find that too at the start, I was so stressed and angry n stressed even more coz i thought I was harming baby by being so worked up but i think that it's ok and calm inside their little cocoon :)

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    I used to find that too at the start, I was so stressed and angry n stressed even more coz i thought I was harming baby by being so worked up but i think that it's ok and calm inside their little cocoon :)

Thanks loubian, I'm going to have a peppermint tea and some nice big deep breaths. Life is good, life is good :P

Thanks loubian, I'm going to have a peppermint tea and some nice big deep breaths. Life is good, life is good :P

It is :) i got all sorts of crazy hormones earlier on in the pregnancy n I had to keep remembering that it's only the hormones even if it didn't feel like it sometimes! If you have a bad day, do something in the evening that makes you happy :)

Now for my moan, I'm on the bus home n it's either a girl eating crisps or the man beside me but there is an awful smell of cabbage, it's so rank I feel like puking :/
    Also man beside me (age approx 50+) just stared an old fragile hunched woman out of it while she looked for a seat.. did he get up? Feck no! I afforded but someone else had already given her to a seat! Smelly rude man!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Having a meltdown since 6am. Over the last few nights, my mid to lower spine has been getting more and more painful, now to the point of excruciating. It hurts to breath, it hurts to hiccup, it hurts to cry. This pregnancy has been non stop hell and I still have 3 months to go! I just cant take much more, Im fit to scream only I cant coz it'll hurt. How anyone can do this more than once is beyond me.

Sorry, just had to vent somewhere.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Having a meltdown since 6am. Over the last few nights, my mid to lower spine has been getting more and more painful, now to the point of excruciating. It hurts to breath, it hurts to hiccup, it hurts to cry. This pregnancy has been non stop hell and I still have 3 months to go! I just cant take much more, Im fit to scream only I cant coz it'll hurt. How anyone can do this more than once is beyond me.

Sorry, just had to vent somewhere.

Have you seen the hospital physio? You should be able to make an appointment through the maternity unit. You shouldn't be in this much agony at 6 months. :(

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Have you seen the hospital physio? You should be able to make an appointment through the maternity unit. You shouldn't be in this much agony at 6 months. :(

No, this type of back pain is new, since Tuesday maybe. I went to bed fine but woke intermittently with the pain, each night it seems to be getting worse, and any time I lie down. I got a Dreamgenii pregnancy pillow yesterday in the hope it would help, but I fear that was €55 down the drain, I was in bits this morning. :(
    It took about 2 hours of sitting up poker straight to get the pain to go, still hurts when I hiccup though. So fed up with pregnancy, its just been one thing after another; hyperemesis, which I still have but to a lesser extent, constipation, flu, chest infection, coldsores, sandpapered nipples and skin, ribs fit to crack, and now this. I havent felt like me since December and its taking all the joy out of my impending arrival. Pregnancy sucks, natural my arse. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Oh Pat, I really feel for you. Having small pregnancy complaints is annoying, but you really are having a horrible time of it altogether :( Please talk to your doc or the hospital, pregnancy is meant to be irritating, not agonisingly painful!

I was annoyed at coming to my MIL's last night and having a sore back and butt from her hard mattresses and not having extra pillows to try and make me comfy. And arguing with her over meals. (She wants to know what you will eat the whole time you are here. Planning meals for a few days time. Seriously, I haven't even decided what I will have with my cup of tea in a sec)

Hey Pat, are you near Cork or Swords?

I go to an amazing physiotherapist every few weeks. I have suffered with back problems for years and she really sorted me out. She has a clinic in Cork Mon-Weds I think and then she is in Dublin. She is kind of holistic in her approach in that she realises everything is connected (unlike some chiros I've been to), and uses a combination of massage and stretching mostly to sort you out. She is also very interested in pregnancy and birth (she did a doula course). I know this is starting to sound like an ad, but when I went to her I couldn't put my socks on - now I'm out there doin' the catwalk stride! Seriously though, I know how exhausting constant pain is (and combined with hyperemesis - my god), especially when you can't take any of the good stuff for it. She is worth travelling for in my opinion.

I find the back support section of the dreamgenii a bit feeble so supplement it with a good pillow and that might help? Failing that close your eyes and pretend you are back on the cruise ship for a bit....

btw did you try the vit B6?

Thanks ladies. Just venting helps to destress but the back pain is worrying, especially as its around the spine. Banbhaaifric, Im in cork but there's a holistic physiotherapist based a 5 min drive from my house and she's meant to be really good so I'll give her a go if there's no improvement. Might try an extra pillow with my dreamgenii too, thanks for the tip!

Wolfpat, what is your MIL thinking! Planning your meals, ffs. I refuse to do that, pregnant or not!
    I feel your pain re the uncomfy bed, everywhere just aches the next day. She's obviously forgotten what its like to be pregnant. That or she's just mean.

Wolfpat, what is your MIL thinking! Planning your meals, ffs. I refuse to do that, pregnant or not!
    I feel your pain re the uncomfy bed, everywhere just aches the next day. She's obviously forgotten what its like to be pregnant. That or she's just mean.

all she worries about is emptying her freezer. this morning at 9am at breakfast she wanted to know what we were having for dinner tomorrow. i wasn't even thinking about lunch today!

i am so bloody tired, even though all i have been doing today is drinking tea. i get so bored here and feel like i can't do anything. :( it's raining so i can't even get out of the house and i had 2 showers already today to try and keep me awake. roll on monday can't wait to get home. everything is worthy of comment and remark here. especially me and my clothes

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    all she worries about is emptying her freezer. this morning at 9am at breakfast she wanted to know what we were having for dinner tomorrow. i wasn't even thinking about lunch today!

i am so bloody tired, even though all i have been doing today is drinking tea. i get so bored here and feel like i can't do anything. :( it's raining so i can't even get out of the house and i had 2 showers already today to try and keep me awake. roll on monday can't wait to get home. everything is worthy of comment and remark here. especially me and my clothes

Sorry now but what a b*tch. It may be time for you to have a pregnancy induced meltdown and go home early. :-) Im not the confrontational type but I just couldnt cope with her. Tears galore and embrace the hormones :-)

Back in bits again this morning, theres definitely something in my spine going out of alignment when I lie down so off to the doc for me tomorrow. Physio most likely on the cards. Labour will be a breeze after all this, lol!

Sorry now but what a b*tch. It may be time for you to have a pregnancy induced meltdown and go home early. :-) Im not the confrontational type but I just couldnt cope with her. Tears galore and embrace the hormones :-)

Back in bits again this morning, theres definitely something in my spine going out of alignment when I lie down so off to the doc for me tomorrow. Physio most likely on the cards. Labour will be a breeze after all this, lol!

I am out of here tomorrow morning anyway. But she is going on the train up with me because apparently I need someone to hold my hand with a 4 year old child that is able to walk, a backpack and a baby car seat!:rolleyes: She just wants an excuse to go shopping! But she was talking about what sandwiches to bring up with us yesterday! Seriously, in our house I choose the dinner that will be cooked for 7 at 5 that day in Tesco/Dunnes! I don't plan ahead for food, most days himself comes home and he has no idea what is going to be landed in front of him! We like living like that. Here it's planned in advance and it is always one of Roast chicken, lamb chops, steak and salmon, guaranteed. Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have expensive meats daily, but it's a bit mundane after a while. Never have I eaten anything else here, whether I am here a weekend or a month. same four meals. Er sure, one more day, that's all I have to repeat to myself. This time tomorrow I will be on the way to the train station. Sans daddy :( He still has to stay another while.

I know the back pain Pat. This bed is killing me, I actually woke in agony several times last night. I was fit to sleep on the couch, at least that has a bit of give to it. This bed is like a cement block and to add to my misery, I was being kicked by an annoyed baby who was less than impressed at my constant trying to settle last night, and I had a pair of feet in my back and stomping me as my small man decided to sleep next to me and was dreaming. Equal parts hilarious and agony. It will get better, it will get better!

Your right, your labour will be a breeze after all this, at least during that the pain is intermittent and you get breaks from it!

Am feeling so weak and tired today :( was up til 2.30 last night babysitting so that's probably it but i don't like when I get like this as i have no energy to do anything :( so just lying on the couch watching crap tv lol

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭sunshiner

im finding my patience limited at the min with the same questions. They all know the story but still ask or dont listen properly.Im going to turn my phone off tomorrow while im at clinic.
    Whats also annoying is the whole strangers saying or mentioning oh are you nesting?oh ur nesting. I mean seriously do i look like a bird..

Patience is limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭lynda18

Best luck sunshiner in hospital hope all goes well

I'm really hating my job right now. This morning I was called in to a meeting and told that someone had told one of the seniors that last week i said "ah yeah i fly through the reconciliations, i just keep pressing the space bar".. I was like, i didn't say anything like that, i don't even know what the space bar does to recs.. Anyway, the senior just said it was brought to her attention and that it just seemed like i was being lazy - because i gave her what i thought was a finished rec, but it was out by three grand but i'd spent 4-5 hours going through a whole years worth of figures on the bank statements last week comparing that to what's on our system, making sure nothing was entered twice or was a wrong amount. I missed out on three double entries in april and that was the three grand. but besides that, i have stayed late so much more than i need to, as i said, going through every single detail to make sure everything is correct, because if i'm asked why something is a certain why, i want to be able to explain why... but this morning i was told to get a print of it first thing, and obviously forgot there was a difference of that amount, and when i'm asked things on the spot, i get nervous and forget everything...
    Also, the same woman rang me up and asked did i know how to do some sort of trial balance - i felt nervous/bad telling her no, but onyl realised afterwards, how the bloody hell would i know how to do a trial balance when I've never had to do a trial balance before. ever.

I'm just pissed off that yet again thy expect me to know something is takes other TRAINED accountants four years to learn.. The senior said "you've been doing the recs for months, you should know what you are doing". I was told the basics when shown what to do, that was it. They make me feel like i'm doing a bad job.

I couldn't even get any of this out because the water works decided to make a show. Only six weeks left, it seems like forever... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Ah loubian... Its probably someone on a power trip!! Your doing your job as you have been trained to do! Try not leave it worry you xx i know, easier said then done, but try xx

Ah you poor thing Loubian, it sounds like yer one's just being a b*tch more than anything. I do accounts (not an accountant!) and I cant fathom for the life of me what the space bar has to do with a bank rec! Unless its specific to your accounts package but it sounds odd.

Like you said, only 6 weeks to go and you're outta there. Dont let her get to you.

Oh Loubian, you're really having a horrible time work wise recently. :(

I am so bloody sore and worn out. For some reason unbeknownst to myself I did not bring the small guy to pre-school today. So had to head to Dun Laoighaire with him. missed two buses by about a minute because he tantrummed, and had to wait ages for another one. It happens, annoying, but it happens.

I get to DL and had to go through the usual degrading and humiliating process of signing on. Normally only took about 5 minutes thanks to my surname. Oh no, new system. About 300 people queuing for one of two desks. Queue half way up the street and everything. Insert another horrific 25 minute long tantrum here. So I finally silence him by carrying him. He is 4 and weighs 20kg. I have a low placenta and should not carry over a few kg. But from carrying him, I feel the horrible varicose vein getting more and more sore. After a while it is throbbing painfully. So it takes over an hour to get a thirty second job done, but I am told there is a note on my file concerning my pregnancy so to go to reception. Another queue there, thankfully only a few people long. There I am told I have to fill paperwork regarding my pregnancy and had to go to another hatch!!!! Waiting another 40 min there with some woman next to my huffing and tutting as though it makes the line go any faster. So the whole experience was about 2 hours long, me standing for most of it, my son getting more and more bored, so we get lunch in McDonalds since he was good minus the tantrums (I can't stand the smell of the place these days, but hell, he's only 4!)

Go to the ATM after that and the machine will not read my card, so I have to go in to withdraw money..... At lunchtime. Another 25 min long queue, thankfully I had ID with me and they gave me the money, but said my card was null and void and they sent me out another one, but they had the wrong address! I had to queue for the services desk after that. I seriously was fit to break down in tears. I also had a 15 min wait for the next bus home that miraculously was at 15mins for about 15 minutes! But got there in the end and got a seat. My legs are in bits, my nether regions have a nigh on audible pulse and my poor son wants to go out but I can barely stand let alone walk. And I need to do shopping. Took a shower to freshen myself up so feel a little better, but slumped in the most weird of positions so not to put pressure on the vein! I want my bed :(

Oh Loubian, you're really having a horrible time work wise recently. :(

I am so bloody sore and worn out. For some reason unbeknownst to myself I did not bring the small guy to pre-school today. So had to head to Dun Laoighaire with him. missed two buses by about a minute because he tantrummed, and had to wait ages for another one. It happens, annoying, but it happens.

I get to DL and had to go through the usual degrading and humiliating process of signing on. Normally only took about 5 minutes thanks to my surname. Oh no, new system. About 300 people queuing for one of two desks. Queue half way up the street and everything. Insert another horrific 25 minute long tantrum here. So I finally silence him by carrying him. He is 4 and weighs 20kg. I have a low placenta and should not carry over a few kg. But from carrying him, I feel the horrible varicose vein getting more and more sore. After a while it is throbbing painfully. So it takes over an hour to get a thirty second job done, but I am told there is a note on my file concerning my pregnancy so to go to reception. Another queue there, thankfully only a few people long. There I am told I have to fill paperwork regarding my pregnancy and had to go to another hatch!!!! Waiting another 40 min there with some woman next to my huffing and tutting as though it makes the line go any faster. So the whole experience was about 2 hours long, me standing for most of it, my son getting more and more bored, so we get lunch in McDonalds since he was good minus the tantrums (I can't stand the smell of the place these days, but hell, he's only 4!)

Go to the ATM after that and the machine will not read my card, so I have to go in to withdraw money..... At lunchtime. Another 25 min long queue, thankfully I had ID with me and they gave me the money, but said my card was null and void and they sent me out another one, but they had the wrong address! I had to queue for the services desk after that. I seriously was fit to break down in tears. I also had a 15 min wait for the next bus home that miraculously was at 15mins for about 15 minutes! But got there in the end and got a seat. My legs are in bits, my nether regions have a nigh on audible pulse and my poor son wants to go out but I can barely stand let alone walk. And I need to do shopping. Took a shower to freshen myself up so feel a little better, but slumped in the most weird of positions so not to put pressure on the vein! I want my bed :(

Wow, I want to give you a hug. You poor thing, hope you are resting up now xx

I hate SW offices with a passion!!! Ugh!!

It was just a day of queues, seriously worn out. Also got a Airtricity text there saying I am in arrears, the cold spell meant for the first time ever I could not afford the full bill at once and they are going to cut off my supply, I have a payment agreement with them!! Idiot on the phone saying that it was an error. More stress for nothing. Seriously want to cry. Still haven't got the shopping. Just want to curl up and forget the day. But it is all sorted now. Airtricity, my bank card and no signing on again for 3 months! Could be worse, but could be better too!!!

Jesus, as you said it's sorted now.... Once your lil lad is in bed just flop!

I second this! Poor you! Hope you're feeling a bit better now! I know how frustrating it can get when things go wrong, but as you said, it's all sorted now! Can you have a bath to relax? Take it easy tonight and veg out to the max xxx

Jesus, as you said it's sorted now.... Once your lil lad is in bed just flop!

Got the shopping. Someone up there either loves me or wants to prevent me going sniper on top of church bell tower mode, because Haagan-Daas is down to half price, so I picked up a Strawberry and Cream for after himself goes to bed. That and either the Hunger Games or a Criminal Minds marathon will be everything needed! I am not even going to bother with house work!

It was just a day of queues, seriously worn out. Also got a Airtricity text there saying I am in arrears, the cold spell meant for the first time ever I could not afford the full bill at once and they are going to cut off my supply, I have a payment agreement with them!! Idiot on the phone saying that it was an error. More stress for nothing. Seriously want to cry. Still haven't got the shopping. Just want to curl up and forget the day. But it is all sorted now. Airtricity, my bank card and no signing on again for 3 months! Could be worse, but could be better too!!!

Oh honey, talk about having a day of it! Jesus, you poor thing, just wanna wrap you up in cotton wool. *hugs*
    Enjoy that haagen das, you bloody earned it!!

• Advertisement

I'd love Häagen daas right now!

Advertisement