Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

loubian wrote: »
    I'd love Häagen daas right now!

Or Ben and jerry's strawberry cheesecake. Mmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Or Ben and jerry's strawberry cheesecake. Mmm

I had that on Sunday in the cinema! It was delicious nom nom nom! So tempted to get my dad to drive me to the shop and get some ha!

I had that on Sunday in the cinema! It was delicious nom nom nom! So tempted to get my dad to drive me to the shop and get some ha!

Its SOOOO nice, they have a peanut butter one too thats insanely good. Tescos have it, ask your dad to take you to tescos :-)

Its SOOOO nice, they have a peanut butter one too thats insanely good. Tescos have it, ask your dad to take you to tescos :-)

How much peanut things are we allowed to have? There's starbars in work and I'm dying for one but was told to avoid peanuts!
    My dad drives for a living so don't like asking him in the evening! :P there's a bar of chocolate in the freezer so ill have some of that :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

How much peanut things are we allowed to have? There's starbars in work and I'm dying for one but was told to avoid peanuts!

That advice is still given in Ireland, however in the UK they've dropped it because after a lot of studies there's no actual evidence linking eating peanuts during pregnancy with an increase in peanut allergies.

• Advertisement

My dad drives for a living so don't like asking him in the evening! :P there's a bar of chocolate in the freezer so ill have some of that :D

Well no one told me we werent supposed to have peanuts, I've had loads! A tortilla wrap with peanut butter and banana is one of my favourite snacks, mmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Yep, peanuts are okay now, hate them, but to each their own. On the couch now, in my PJ's, under my duvet, enjoying my ice cream and watching a couponing programme for fun :D

Well no one told me we werent supposed to have peanuts, I've had loads! A tortilla wrap with peanut butter and banana is one of my favourite snacks, mmmm

Really? I was told even before I got pregnant that they should be avoided! But, that snack sounds good alright!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Yep, peanuts are okay now, hate them, but to each their own. On the couch now, in my PJ's, under my duvet, enjoying my ice cream and watching a couponing programme for fun :D

Sounds great :) I was looking for criminal mindsbut it ddoesn't seem to be on tonight :(

Sounds great :) I was looking for criminal mindsbut it ddoesn't seem to be on tonight :(

There is new season ones on Mondays.

• Advertisement

There is new season ones on Mondays.

I'll have to set that to record so :)

I'll have to set that to record so :)

repeated on fridays at 9 on sky living if you have it.

repeated on fridays at 9 on sky living if you have it.

Great thanks :D I'm watching castle now to make up for it :P

Really? I was told even before I got pregnant that they should be avoided! But, that snack sounds good alright!!!

Oh it is... :-)

Sure everything's been bad in pregnancy at one time or another, and once upon a time runny eggs were good! As was smoking. Pregnancy diets are forever changing...

Oh it is... :-)

Sure everything's been bad in pregnancy at one time or another, and once upon a time runny eggs were good! As was smoking. Pregnancy diets are forever changing...

All diets are changing now :) just watching prime time and the investigation about the crèches in the news last week. It's quite disturbing

All diets are changing now :) just watching prime time and the investigation about the crèches in the news last week. It's quite disturbing

As an already mum, I am so glad to be at home with my child. It is terrifying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Apparently peanuts should only be avoided in pregnancy if you have nut allergies in your family, otherwise they're ok!

Also now I have a craving for a snickers bar after you guys talking about food so much!

I may or may not have just eaten a whole tub of ice-cream in less than half an hour!

I am crying like a baby, those poor little babies :(

• Advertisement

I am crying like a baby, those poor little babies :(

I've recorded it to watch tomorrow, hubby is interested. I want to stay at home for as long as possible with the baby anyway (and I'm lucky to be in a position to do so) but I'm afraid watching it will put me off crèches for life!

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I've recorded it to watch tomorrow, hubby is interested. I want to stay at home for as long as possible with the baby anyway (and I'm lucky to be in a position to do so) but I'm afraid watching it will put me off crèches for life!

Be warned, it is heart-wrenching! I don't want to bring my son to pre-school tomorrow! That said, I am about 75% sure that he is in a dodgy place. Not everywhere is like that.

Awh sorry murdy! Maybe you could get one tomorrow, I know there'll be some sort of peanut recipe on my diet for tomorrow! There are so many myths going around! The girl beside me in work said we're not allowed raise our hands over our heads, but sure how would we wash our hair? I'm sure I've mentioned that on here before! Same girl also told me to avoid fizzy drinks as it can lead to diabetes in later life! Now I know drinking fizzy drinks all the time isn't going to be good, but I think this was the first time she'd seen me with a bottl of coke in my hand!

Ha wolfpawnat, you're gas! Was it as good as you'd hoped?

I know, there was video of little girl put in a room on her own n she was screaming her head off coz she obviously didn't know what was going on :( I nearly burst into tears watching it

I know, there was video of little girl put in a room on her own n she was screaming her head off coz she obviously didn't know what was going on :( I nearly burst into tears watching it

Better, only thing now is I am fit to burst, baby is either delighted or annoyed at the sugar rush, not sure which. Kicking like mad.

May also be the increase of adreneline though, that one particular worker in Links has my blood boiling. Slamming children into mattresses, swearing, etc, I am unable for it, I want to curl up with my little guy now and hold him.

Awh sorry murdy! Maybe you could get one tomorrow, I know there'll be some sort of peanut recipe on my diet for tomorrow! There are so many myths going around! The girl beside me in work said we're not allowed raise our hands over our heads, but sure how would we wash our hair? I'm sure I've mentioned that on here before! Same girl also told me to avoid fizzy drinks as it can lead to diabetes in later life! Now I know drinking fizzy drinks all the time isn't going to be good, but I think this was the first time she'd seen me with a bottl of coke in my hand!

Oh, I will get one tomorrow. It'll be a snickers fest :) I would not have got through my pregnancy without fizzy drinks, settled my stomach during all the puking :)

I wasn't going to watch it but hubby is keen so we'll watch it together tomorrow. All the talk about it Definitely makes me feel a bit better about deciding to be a stay at home mum for a whike. Part of me was feeling a bit bad for abandoning my career (such as it was!). Us women just can't win, can we? We feel guilty either way

Wolfpawnat, are you thinking about looking at other pre schools? I know you've had some concerns. Although maybe after all the furore they'll be extra vigilant

Better, only thing now is I am fit to burst, baby is either delighted or annoyed at the sugar rush, not sure which. Kicking like mad.

May also be the increase of adreneline though, that one particular worker in Links has my blood boiling. Slamming children into mattresses, swearing, etc, I am unable for it, I want to curl up with my little guy now and hold him.

Great, I'm glad you and the baby enioyed! :)

I didn't see that bit, I turned it off before it, but what little of it i saw was horrible :(

Wolfpawnat, are you thinking about looking at other pre schools? I know you've had some concerns. Although maybe after all the furore they'll be extra vigilant

He has until the end on June left, and this programme will have the scares up them so I am just going to play it by ear. But I will be warning everyone away from there, he still has marks from last week on his face! Other family members asked him over the weekend what happened, story stayed the same without one single alteration. His story contradicts hers!

As much as we could do with more money, I love being with my son at home, I know what he eats, I know what is happening and I always made sure he went to groups for company. Careers are great, but I rather be a mommy. That said, nothing like your own identity too. As you said, no winning.

Oh, I will get one tomorrow. It'll be a snickers fest :) I would not have got through my pregnancy without fizzy drinks, settled my stomach during all the puking :)

I wasn't going to watch it but hubby is keen so we'll watch it together tomorrow. All the talk about it Definitely makes me feel a bit better about deciding to be a stay at home mum for a whike. Part of me was feeling a bit bad for abandoning my career (such as it was!). Us women just can't win, can we? We feel guilty either way

That's why I got the coke today, to settle nausea n heartburn! I usually have a litre bottle of water on my desk as I am in love with water right now! Ha! On predictive text on my phone, word suggestions come up n for water, when I was typing about the litre bottle, it came up 'wine'! I think my phone is trying to tell me something :P

How long are you planning on being a stay at home mum for? N sorry if this is too personal, but would you have considered it if you were a single mum?

That's why I got the coke today, to settle nausea n heartburn! I usually have a litre bottle of water on my desk as I am in love with water right now! Ha! On predictive text on my phone, word suggestions come up n for water, when I was typing about the litre bottle, it came up 'wine'! I think my phone is trying to tell me something :P

How long are you planning on being a stay at home mum for? N sorry if this is too personal, but would you have considered it if you were a single mum?

I don't think it would have been an option if I was a single mum, tbh. It's also only really an option for us because we don't have a mortgage and rent our flat from a family member for reduced rent. I'd like to stay at home until we have a second one who us in play school but we'll see. We might need the money!

I'm thinking of registering as a childminder and doing that in my own home for a few years. I think it's sonething that I'd enjoy :) Then I'd love to retrain as a vet nurse or something like that. My life goal is to own a cattery one day!

• Advertisement

I don't think it would have been an option if I was a single mum, tbh. It's also only really an option for us because we don't have a mortgage and rent our flat from a family member for reduced rent. I'd like to stay at home until we have a second one who us in play school but we'll see. We might need the money!

I'm thinking of registering as a childminder and doing that in my own home for a few years. I think it's sonething that I'd enjoy :) Then I'd love to retrain as a vet nurse or something like that. My life goal is to own a cattery one day!

That sounds like a good plan! I'd love to have the time and money to go back and study medicine, but unless i win the lottery it won't be happening!

Advertisement