Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

loubian wrote: »
    That sounds like a good plan! I'd love to have the time and money to go back and study medicine, but unless i win the lottery it won't be happening!

Yeah, the only issue with the vet nurse thing is the fees :( I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to do it 'll be more affordable or something else will have changed. I'm annoyed at myself for not doing it when I left school in the first place, wasted my four free years of college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

That sounds like a good plan! I'd love to have the time and money to go back and study medicine, but unless i win the lottery it won't be happening!
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Yeah, the only issue with the vet nurse thing is the fees :( I'm hoping by the time I'm ready to do it 'll be more affordable or something else will have changed. I'm annoyed at myself for not doing it when I left school in the first place, wasted my four free years of college!

I was forced out of college by having my son. I wish I could go back and finish something, depresses me a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Same here! I knew I wouldn't have got the points for medicine but I could have done a science degree and gone in that way! I hope to study radiography or nursing in the next few years as it's cheaper and will get me into the hospital environment which is where I really want to work! That said though, it all depends how life unfolds after this little tyke is born :)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I was forced out of college by having my son. I wish I could go back and finish something, depresses me a lot.

Would you consider studying part time? My mam went to college for the first time when she was 40, she studied part time

Would you consider studying part time? My mam went to college for the first time when she was 40, she studied part time

was doing an online course in ironically childcare, but couldn't afford to keep paying for it with this one on the way. I will do something once the OH is out of college :) Just annoying because I loved studying nursing.

• Advertisement

There's always time! My mum went back to college at night to do a degree when I was in my teens, she did a H Dip then and works as a teacher now. She was at home with us full time until I was about 16

So there's time for us all :)

There's always time! My mum went back to college at night to do a degree when I was in my teens, she did a H Dip then and works as a teacher now. She was at home with us full time until I was about 16

So there's time for us all :)

Ah yeah, I am only 26 so will have plenty of time and I get to spend time with my kids at the moment so I am grateful for that. Daddy gets annoyed he has college everyday and missed so much, I as the parent at home missed v little :D

Ah yeah, I am only 26 so will have plenty of time and I get to spend time with my kids at the moment so I am grateful for that. Daddy gets annoyed he has college everyday and missed so much, I as the parent at home missed v little :D

I'd love to be a stay at home mum but I'll be a single parent so I will need some sort of job especially if i want to move into my own place!

It's half eleven and I'm wide awake.. its been like this last few nights, normally I'm gone once i hit the pillow :( gonna be exhausted tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Im thinking today could be a snickers fest all round :D How bad, they're just so nom!!

I saw some of that documentary last night too, Jesus it was horrible! I was fit to strangle that wan in Links, flinging and slamming the kids about like that. If her voice was at all recognised by parents, she's gonna get flaked.

Ladies, Im doing a dog training and behaviour course via distance, I've had to defer till next year coz of the ms, study was impossible! but I plan to finish. Eventually id love to work training rehab dogs. Its never too late to retrain. Im 37 now, I have another 30+ years left working so why spend it doing something I hate. Its just madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

So my lovely plan of taking a week's holidays before I start my maternity leave (making it three weeks off before the little one is due) has been thwarted by work :( apparently they can't do without me. I have to take my hols in June now.
    it's not like I didn't tell them back in January that I was pregnant, not like they had plenty of time to sort out somebody to cover for me. So now everybody's in a tizzy, OMG only 10 weeks left, what are we going to do! :( ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

grarf wrote: »
    So my lovely plan of taking a week's holidays before I start my maternity leave (making it three weeks off before the little one is due) has been thwarted by work :( apparently they can't do without me. I have to take my hols in June now.
    it's not like I didn't tell them back in January that I was pregnant, not like they had plenty of time to sort out somebody to cover for me. So now everybody's in a tizzy, OMG only 10 weeks left, what are we going to do! :( ffs.

More fools them for assuming you'll be able to work in 9 weeks' time.

I was signed off sick with 2 weeks to go on my first pregnancy. Couldn't sleep, was in bits with my back and my hands kept going tingly. It's more common than not that a woman will need to leave before her maternity leave kicks in properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »

I was signed off sick with 2 weeks to go on my first pregnancy. Couldn't sleep, was in bits with my back and my hands kept going tingly. It's more common than not that a woman will need to leave before her maternity leave kicks in properly.

......sounds like a plan...!!

Very often in my job women don't make it to the end of their stint - we're on our feet all day, 13 hour shifts so its kind of assumed we'll go sick for at least a week or two before M/L kicks in!!

Oh I know, and I told my boss that. His answer? well even if you're just here and can sit in a corner and answer questions, thanks very much. :mad:

grarf wrote: »
    Oh I know, and I told my boss that. His answer? well even if you're just here and can sit in a corner and answer questions, thanks very much. :mad:

The thick.

Never mind him. If you're not well enough to be at work you'll be at home with your phone switched off. Tough nuggies bossman.

Yep, defo a plan. I'll see how I'm feeling, and if not up for work, well then tough luck.
    Who knows, there's always the risk/chance of going early too, I was a preemie myself.

Absolutely have no energy today - I can't muster the effort to get up and collect the pages i've printed out or to open a file on the computer because my brain is too tired to process it :( i'm so so tired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I think its time I ventured into this thread, because I SERIOUSLY need a whinge and moan today :(

I am just fed up. I have the weirdest 'morning sickness' ever, which in fact is not morning sickness, but is extreme IBS and GI problems caused by all the hormones - the fact I am taking extra progesterone is not helping as you can imagine.

I can't breathe. Literally. The ball of what feels like solid gas sitting just under my diaphragm means I can't get a proper breath. It feels like nothing goes past my throat. I have to eat every hour or the gas gets worse, but the gas is so sick making that I don't want to eat. I am actually running out of ideas of what to eat. I never thought I would complain about 'having' to eat every hour, but it is actually horrendous!

I'm in work so even when I feel a decent burp coming on that will give some relief I have to kind of stifle it back because if I don't it sounds like a grizzly bear is hiding under my desk. I have not told anyone in work yet as I am only just 8 weeks gone, but I think I am going to have to say something as I look a fright and am in bits. And I'm huge cos its twins, so although I'm only 2 months I look at least 3 or 4 and have started to show already. Plus I feel so sorry for myself that I feel the need to have lots of sympathy!

I feel weak as a kitten. I'm a bit dizzy from the shallow breathing. If I do forget to eat and go 2 hours without food my legs start to get like jelly.

I didn't sleep much last night because I spent the whole night struggling to release this gas in my chest and breathe. so I am exhausted and cranky now. I sometimes feel like I'm going to be sick, and heave away, but at the end this big belch just comes out - it sounds weird but although its only air, it actually feels like a solid lump in my chest and then when I heave its like puking up a brick! If I do actually vomit something, it is like when a baby gets winded and pukes up their milk. I have these visions now that my symptoms are a pre-cusor to my twins being born with really bad colic :rolleyes:

I want to curl up in a ball right now.

Feeling very sorry for my poor old self :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I think its time I ventured into this thread, because I SERIOUSLY need a whinge and moan today :(

I am just fed up. I have the weirdest 'morning sickness' ever, which in fact is not morning sickness, but is extreme IBS and GI problems caused by all the hormones - the fact I am taking extra progesterone is not helping as you can imagine.

I can't breathe. Literally. The ball of what feels like solid gas sitting just under my diaphragm means I can't get a proper breath. It feels like nothing goes past my throat. I have to eat every hour or the gas gets worse, but the gas is so sick making that I don't want to eat. I am actually running out of ideas of what to eat. I never thought I would complain about 'having' to eat every hour, but it is actually horrendous!

I'm in work so even when I feel a decent burp coming on that will give some relief I have to kind of stifle it back because if I don't it sounds like a grizzly bear is hiding under my desk. I have not told anyone in work yet as I am only just 8 weeks gone, but I think I am going to have to say something as I look a fright and am in bits. And I'm huge cos its twins, so although I'm only 2 months I look at least 3 or 4 and have started to show already. Plus I feel so sorry for myself that I feel the need to have lots of sympathy!

I feel weak as a kitten. I'm a bit dizzy from the shallow breathing. If I do forget to eat and go 2 hours without food my legs start to get like jelly.

I didn't sleep much last night because I spent the whole night struggling to release this gas in my chest and breathe. so I am exhausted and cranky now. I sometimes feel like I'm going to be sick, and heave away, but at the end this big belch just comes out - it sounds weird but although its only air, it actually feels like a solid lump in my chest and then when I heave its like puking up a brick! If I do actually vomit something, it is like when a baby gets winded and pukes up their milk. I have these visions now that my symptoms are a pre-cusor to my twins being born with really bad colic :rolleyes:

I want to curl up in a ball right now.

Feeling very sorry for my poor old self :(

:( Big hugs - that sounds miserable. I had keyhole surgery about 2 years ago, and I had the same symptoms from the CO2, couldn't burp, couldn't breathe. What worked for me is walking around 'windmilling' my arms - swinging them around in a large arc. It helps disperse the gas. I don't know if we're allowed deflatine, worth asking though. Also, peppermint cordial is great or peppermint tea. The Belvia breakfast biscuits were great in my early weeks to nibble on, kept sickness at bay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

nikpmup wrote: »
    :( Big hugs - that sounds miserable. I had keyhole surgery about 2 years ago, and I had the same symptoms from the CO2, couldn't burp, couldn't breathe. What worked for me is walking around 'windmilling' my arms - swinging them around in a large arc. It helps disperse the gas. I don't know if we're allowed deflatine, worth asking though. Also, peppermint cordial is great or peppermint tea. The Belvia breakfast biscuits were great in my early weeks to nibble on, kept sickness at bay.

Thanks nikpmup. I am walking around a lot, stretching, bending forwards and then back, doing yoga exercises to relieve it - nothing works very well. Any relief is either minimal or short lived. Deflatine is ok if you check with your doctor, but it hasn't even remotely helped. I can't bear the peppermint tea or similar as it reminds me of mouthwash. I tried ginger tea and initially it helped but the symptoms are getting worse as the weeks go on and now the ginger doesn't do anything.

So far today I have eaten:
    6.30am - banana and glass of milk while sitting in bed (I find if I eat before I get up it helps with the nausea and dizziness)
    7.30am - half glass of milk and a few salted crackers before I left for work
    7.30-8.30 - travelling to work - dry heaving enroute
    8.30 - get to work, have cup of tea and 1 slice of toast
    9.30 ish - tea, scone and jam
    9.30 - 10.30 - drank half litre of water
    10.50 - some crackers, but because it was nearly 90 mins since I last ate, the wind was already getting worse
    12.00 - a twix bar and glass of water
    1.00 - just had lunch and had a small homemade pizza.

When I am actually eating and for about 10 mins after I feel grand. But as soon as the food leaves my stomach and hits my GI tract I'm screwed.

I'm so miserable I feel like crying.

Thanks nikpmup. I am walking around a lot, stretching, bending forwards and then back, doing yoga exercises to relieve it - nothing works very well. Any relief is either minimal or short lived. Deflatine is ok if you check with your doctor, but it hasn't even remotely helped. I can't bear the peppermint tea or similar as it reminds me of mouthwash. I tried ginger tea and initially it helped but the symptoms are getting worse as the weeks go on and now the ginger doesn't do anything.

So far today I have eaten:
    6.30am - banana and glass of milk while sitting in bed (I find if I eat before I get up it helps with the nausea and dizziness)
    7.30am - half glass of milk and a few salted crackers before I left for work
    7.30-8.30 - travelling to work - dry heaving enroute
    8.30 - get to work, have cup of tea and 1 slice of toast
    9.30 ish - tea, scone and jam
    9.30 - 10.30 - drank half litre of water
    10.50 - some crackers, but because it was nearly 90 mins since I last ate, the wind was already getting worse
    12.00 - a twix bar and glass of water
    1.00 - just had lunch and had a small homemade pizza.

When I am actually eating and for about 10 mins after I feel grand. But as soon as the food leaves my stomach and hits my GI tract I'm screwed.

I'm so miserable I feel like crying.

If it makes you feel any better, so far today you've managed to eat about ten times what I did during a whole day in my first trimester. So at least you're keeping babies well supplied! (although it didn't do my baby any harm, your body puts the foetus first so he was grand)

Sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable, it does get better, I promise!

• Advertisement

In a foul mood :( had an argument with my dad, my friend is going to America on Sunday and is making me extremely jealous by talking about it, feel like s bad friend for not being excited gor her, caught sight of myself sitting down and I look like a hippo, pelvic pains, extreme tiredness, another day of work to go through, best friend being distant, oh I'm jusy moaning about everything now! Didn't even have energy to have a shower :( came upstairs to have one, lay on my bed for a minute, am still here, only getting up to change into pjs becausei ccan't be bothered showering, I know I'll regret it tomorrow! Please god let the sun last over the weekend so I can enjoy it without being in my greenhouse of sn office! Moan moan moan!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Just spent 5 minutes trying to put on my knickers.... In the end i just left it on the floor and dragged it up by my feet. Havnt even started on the socks. This hip pain is really getting to me.... I done my stretches but nothings working. I was guna go for a swim but i was thinking i couldnt do the knickers trick in the changing room again...

Just spent 5 minutes trying to put on my knickers.... In the end i just left it on the floor and dragged it up by my feet. Havnt even started on the socks. This hip pain is really getting to me.... I done my stretches but nothings working. I was guna go for a swim but i was thinking i couldnt do the knickers trick in the changing room again...

Hop on down to your GP, it'll more than likely be covered by the free maternity care scheme.

Hop on down to your GP, it'll more than likely be covered by the free maternity care scheme.

Im planning on it once i get the 2nd sock on... Just frustrated now

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

I find sitting down while I put on underpants/socks and pulling foot over knee is the way to go.

Im planning on it once i get the 2nd sock on... Just frustrated now

Yep, I'm all about the sitting when putting underwear and socks on!

Inlikyflynn - I did a lot of swimming over the last 2/3 months and it really helped. I always felt so much better afterwards, much lighter and my limbs much looser. I went to aqua fit a few times a week. This is the first week I haven't been because I feel like I'm just a bit too big and I was getting a bit uncomfortable doing some of the movements.

I really recommend it though. I went to a normal aqua fit class at the local leisure centre as it was a third of the cost of a special pregnancy one elsewhere. The just asked was anyone pregnant at the beginning and told me to change some of the movements.

Yep, I'm all about the sitting when putting underwear and socks on!

Inlikyflynn - I did a lot of swimming over the last 2/3 months and it really helped. I always felt so much better afterwards, much lighter and my limbs much looser. I went to aqua fit a few times a week. This is the first week I haven't been because I feel like I'm just a bit too big and I was getting a bit uncomfortable doing some of the movements.

I really recommend it though. I went to a normal aqua fit class at the local leisure centre as it was a third of the cost of a special pregnancy one elsewhere. The just asked was anyone pregnant at the beginning and told me to change some of the movements.

I used to do aqua aerobics every week but then the class got cancelled, so i just swim twice a week now. I didnt fall or get a twinge so i dont know where the pain came from...
    Im just off the floor with my socks on! Thanks for that ;)
    Im sorry for whinging, just been a long week and im leaving everything get to me

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Sit down on a bed or a chair- much easier than getting off the floor!

Sit down on a bed or a chair- much easier than getting off the floor!

I was on the landing floor so i got up by standing on the stairs!!

• Advertisement

I can't get on shoes and socks these days. Well I can, but with severe difficult, I am just short of using yoga moves. Shoes are easier but I tend to fling them at the OH for laughing at me :( I have terrible aim so I tend to have to go looking for them.

Was feeling horribly sick yesterday. Slept intermittently from 4-6:30ish with my son playing next to me and watching DVD's next to me, got up then feeling even worse with a headache. Slept from 9 until past 8 this morning and still exhausted today. I just want to cry. I really want to have more energy, I feel so bad for my son. He deserves his mommy to be playing with him more.

Advertisement