Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I HATE pregnancy hormones, been crying all morning for absolutely no reason, feel so fed up, just want to go to bed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I can't get on shoes and socks these days. Well I can, but with severe difficult, I am just short of using yoga moves. Shoes are easier but I tend to fling them at the OH for laughing at me :( I have terrible aim so I tend to have to go looking for them.

Was feeling horribly sick yesterday. Slept intermittently from 4-6:30ish with my son playing next to me and watching DVD's next to me, got up then feeling even worse with a headache. Slept from 9 until past 8 this morning and still exhausted today. I just want to cry. I really want to have more energy, I feel so bad for my son. He deserves his mommy to be playing with him more.

Have you had your iron checked recently? I'm always exhausted and sleeping loads and then I feel groggy and horrible. It's down to being anaemic and it sucks. I'm just exhausted all the time which is unfair seeing as I'll be even more knackered when baby arrives!

Anyway it might be worth getting checked or taking iron supplements if you're not already . Low iron adds to my breathlessness too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Have you had your iron checked recently? I'm always exhausted and sleeping loads and then I feel groggy and horrible. It's down to being anaemic and it sucks. I'm just exhausted all the time which is unfair seeing as I'll be even more knackered when baby arrives!

Anyway it might be worth getting checked or taking iron supplements if you're not already . Low iron adds to my breathlessness too

was at the doc today for a check up so i told her. i always had terrible problems with my iron so my pregnancy has been no different. dizzy and exhausted a lot these days. low bp doesnt help either.

i am getting third trimester "morning sickness" too according to the doc, going by my symptoms. could be worse, i know how to counter morning sickness. progesterone is an evil thing. heartburn will be the death of me. but as i said could be worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

25 weeks and feeling very very tired. I don't get much time to ever sit down as my other two are still young. SPD is starting to take its toll on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I feel much better today - the discomfort was actually bareable and I didn't need to eat as much - so now I'm paranoid that something is wrong and maybe I'm less pregnant than I was yesterday! I'm pregnant with twins but its still very early days and I have this dread that one of the little blobs won't make it :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I feel much better today - the discomfort was actually bareable and I didn't need to eat as much - so now I'm paranoid that something is wrong and maybe I'm less pregnant than I was yesterday! I'm pregnant with twins but its still very early days and I have this dread that one of the little blobs won't make it :(

I know it's hard but babies thrive when the mum is calm and relaxed. I know about all the worry and paranoia but our bodies are going through one hell of a ride and we're going to experience different things everyday! I didn't vomit once during my pregnancy n then last week at 31 weeks I practically projectile vomited in work! Its the surge of all the differrnt hormones that are working their way around our bodies, and with twins, you have twice as many! The best thing you can do for yourself and the babies is to try relax and keep calm! I know we panic that the baby can feel our paon/fear/stress/worry, but for the most part, they're blissfully happy swimming around in their little pools! Your body is doing an amazing job, don't forget that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

You know I don't think it makes much difference if a mum is relaxed or not during pregnancy.

I know a girl who worried herself sick throughout both of her pregnancies and could barely eat with nerves. Convinced herself a million times that her baby had died. But she had two perfect little people, and they're the most laid back kids.

I think the reality is babies will thrive in all sorts of circumstances. They are perfectly adapted to survive in adversity.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    You know I don't think it makes much difference if a mum is relaxed or not during pregnancy.

I know a girl who worried herself sick throughout both of her pregnancies and could barely eat with nerves. Convinced herself a million times that her baby had died. But she had two perfect little people, and they're the most laid back kids.

I think the reality is babies will thrive in all sorts of circumstances. They are perfectly adapted to survive in adversity.

I think half of it is trying to keep our BP's down, I can well imagine this week mine was up and down like a yo-yo. That cannot have been healthy for me or indeed the baby. I also was queuing different places with different levels of stress, that could not have helped either. First week of real stress and I have my first week of sickness in months, I would think they would be a little related, either that or horrifically timed coincidence! Who know's? Wonder if there are any studies on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

this week was mental, little man was sick with virus since last Saturday, spent weekend & Monday between southdoc, gp and paediatrics in cuh.
    May I add also it was my birthday on monday& I spent 85% of birthday presents on ferrying small man around.
    thank god he is back to normal now.

I feel shocking due to a cold..... and due to not being able to take anything .... Its miserable. I blame stress of this week.
    Add to this the hot flushes, swollen feet and ankles,as well as pelvic pain, I am a very appealing person at the moment.

On a happier note, got referred to physio in cumh for my hips and had consultants visit yesterday which was great. Bump is doing well, growing and quick heartbeat , my oh came too & got to see bump in our mini scan.....
    My oh annoyed me by trying to fix an issue with his friends computer despite me feeling and looking crap ....
    I am now in bed as this thing makes me feel dizzy and meh.... Could really do with cuddles and pampering.

I feel cheated out of my birthday tbh... Last year I had pnd so was in no humour and this year sick toddler....

Moan moan moan
    Sorry for long rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

this week was mental, little man was sick with virus since last Saturday, spent weekend & Monday between southdoc, gp and paediatrics in cuh.
    May I add also it was my birthday on monday& I spent 85% of birthday presents on ferrying small man around.
    thank god he is back to normal now.

I feel shocking due to a cold..... and due to not being able to take anything .... Its miserable. I blame stress of this week.
    Add to this the hot flushes, swollen feet and ankles,as well as pelvic pain, I am a very appealing person at the moment.

On a happier note, got referred to physio in cumh for my hips and had consultants visit yesterday which was great. Bump is doing well, growing and quick heartbeat , my oh came too & got to see bump in our mini scan.....
    My oh annoyed me by trying to fix an issue with his friends computer despite me feeling and looking crap ....
    I am now in bed as this thing makes me feel dizzy and meh.... Could really do with cuddles and pampering.

I feel cheated out of my birthday tbh... Last year I had pnd so was in no humour and this year sick toddler....

Moan moan moan
    Sorry for long rant.

Sounds like you needed a rant, you poor thing! With any luck you won't be waiting too long for the Physio appointment. Hope you feel better soon.

I suppose my moan is about feeling unsure of myself. Have had worsening back pain for the last couple of days and yesterday started to have some cramping too. Didn't feel great last night but to be honest didn't know whether I was worrying over nothing and that the cramping was a normal part of pregnancy and the back pain was a flare up of old injuries. Husband convinced me to ring the hospital this morning for reassurance and they were lovely and helpful. Told me to try for a gp appointment and if I couldn't get seen to come to the hospital. Went to the gp and she checked me out. Stomach a bit tender but urine was fine and babies heart was beating away. Felt a bit better after that. She just reckoned it could be all related to my back as well as the normal stretching and ligament pains. Hate this worrying and second guessing myself and feeling like im making a fuss though. I'm fine for a few weeks and then paranoid that every pain is a sign something is going wrong!

• Advertisement

If agree that the babies thrive and are perfectly adapted to survive, but it's not good for the mothers well being to worry all the time. I was on antidepressants before I got pregnant, came off when I found out but since the hospital had to know my history, I was referred to the mental health clinic - they said it's better to be on the tablets than to be constantly anxious and worried and down. I didn't need the tablets in the end, but I'm saying they prefer a mother to be as calm as she can be, for her own sake. I'm not saying we shouldn't get worried because I've been on here worrying myself plenty of times before, but I know for myself, I feel less tired and drained emotionally if I try to stay calm, which in turn helps me deal with other things better.

No, I agree. But telling someone to that they need to relax and not stress is often counter-productive.

I'm depressive myself, and I'm totally in the happy mum --> happy baby camp, but honestly the effects of stress will have little or no effect on a developing baby. And worrying that you're going to miscarry will not cause a miscarriage. I just hate seeing women beating themselves up when what goes on during early pregnancy is so completely out of their control.

Well yes, as long as we don't drink excessively and take certain drugs, nothing that happens before the 12-14 week mark is within our control. It is the most worrying time in so many ways as there is little can be done other than wait out that time. All we can try to do is remain calm, not always easy as there is so many other factors as well as pregnancy in our lives.

I'm a redhead. Remaining calm isn't in my vocabulary. :P

I'm a redhead. Remaining calm isn't in my vocabulary. :P

Oh please, terrible excuse :P I am a brunette with a short fuse and a severe case of always-freaks-out-about-the-worst-case-scenario-itis! I freak out about the weirdest things. My partner thinks I'm mental, because I worry about things like the baby looking more like my side of the family (we're not lookers) than actual worrisome things. I freak about burning toast, but in a real emergency I am actually pretty level headed and practical. Stupid really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Worst night sleep in a long time. Poor husband spent the night with a temperature and vomiting. Assuming its some sort of bug. Not so much of a moan as a please don't let me pick it up too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    Worst night sleep in a long time. Poor husband spent the night with a temperature and vomiting. Assuming its some sort of bug. Not so much of a moan as a please don't let me pick it up too!

Sending you vomity-immunity vibes Roesy!!

I know this is the moans thread, and I'm sitting here still struggling with appetite/food intake at 18 weeks - I could moan I suppose, but...... My little Wiggler is tickling my belly with little kicks, it's taken me so long to get here and for a long time I really thought I'd never be a mother, so no matter what this pregnancy throws at me - its okay. I'll put up with it, with as much grace as I can muster, because I'm so incredibly lucky and privileged to actually be able to grow a person inside me. :)

Vomitting a lot today. I have a lot of painful cramps too. The joys of the third trimester!

Vomitting a lot today. I have a lot of painful cramps too. The joys of the third trimester!

Awh no, hope you feel better soon! I'm the opposite, baby must have buried herself somewhere new, trying to count her kicks, as she feels a bit too quiet to me, there are kicks, they're just not as violent as they had been, so she must be lying in a new position! belly feels quite soft, it's been hard for so long coz of the way she's lying, now it feels like its disappeared!! Watching man v food and stomach is rumbling, doesn't help that it's all about meat and I'm a vegetarian! Almost makes me wanna cave :/ I craved meat a lot at the start, think its making a return!

Spent the day heaving and vomiting on the couch. My 4 year old keeping the bowl near me to be sick. I felt so weak. Still do. Stomach cramping mad. I better not be like this tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement

Spent the day heaving and vomiting on the couch. My 4 year old keeping the bowl near me to be sick. I felt so weak. Still do. Stomach cramping mad. I better not be like this tomorrow!!!

Sorry you're feeling so poorly, wolfpawnat. How are you feeling now?
    I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable at the moment, ribs are in bits, but feeling the pressure down below a lot, a lot of movement down there, it's quite sore sometimes! It's going to be hard getting comfy in bed tonight!

loubian wrote: »
    Sorry you're feeling so poorly, wolfpawnat. How are you feeling now?
    I'm feeling a bit uncomfortable at the moment, ribs are in bits, but feeling the pressure down below a lot, a lot of movement down there, it's quite sore sometimes! It's going to be hard getting comfy in bed tonight!

I have not been comfy in bed for over 2 weeks. I ate two corn on the cobs there about an hour ago and they are staying down thankfully, but today was not my day. So many plans to clean and whatnot. I spent it on the couch being looked after by a 4 year old!!!!! I felt so bad for him.

The baby is moving around like mad. It is so strong!

In quite a lot of pain at the moment - had a bout of false labour the other da and today I have awful cramps - like sharp period pains. They're fairly constant so I know they are not contractions but they are so uncomfortable. Was out and about early and had to stop to bend over something the pain was so jarring. Looks like lots more lying down for me, just couldn't walk very far.

I feel like this is a taste of labour and I can tell you, I'm not looking forward to it!

In quite a lot of pain at the moment - had a bout of false labour the other da and today I have awful cramps - like sharp period pains. They're fairly constant so I know they are not contractions but they are so uncomfortable. Was out and about early and had to stop to bend over something the pain was so jarring. Looks like lots more lying down for me, just couldn't walk very far.

I feel like this is a taste of labour and I can tell you, I'm not looking forward to it!

Labour is painful, to say otherwise is just lying HOWEVER you have your contraction, it hurts, and you get anything from a 15-20 min break at the beginning to a few minutes towards the later parts. But it only hurts during contractions, false pains hurt constantly :(

I'm sure the little man didnt mind looking after you :) its good that your stomach seems to have settled! Do you think you'll be able for the match tomorrow?

Murdy, whst date are you due? Have you long to go?

Labour is painful, to say otherwise is just lying HOWEVER you have your contraction, it hurts, and you get anything from a 15-20 min break at the beginning to a few minutes towards the later parts. But it only hurts during contractions, false pains hurt constantly :(

Tanks! That's good to hear and how I know this is not the real thing - the pain/discomfort is fairly constant. I think the baby's head has engaged a good bit which probably explains it. I'm sure my bump is lower - my boobs no longer appear to be actually sitting on the bump anymore!

loubian wrote: »
    I'm sure the little man didnt mind looking after you :) its good that your stomach seems to have settled! Do you think you'll be able for the match tomorrow?

Don't care how sick I am, I will bring bags with me to be sick into if I have to, my little guy deserves his match after the horrible day he put down, it must have been so boring for him. He has his jersey all laid out and everything. I ate an oat bar there as well, baby seems appreciative of the nutrients. Poor thing has been half starved today.
    Tanks! That's good to hear and how I know this is not the real thing - the pain/discomfort is fairly constant. I think the baby's head has engaged a good bit which probably explains it. I'm sure my bump is lower - my boobs no longer appear to be actually sitting on the bump anymore!

Sure you're nearly there now! Only way to think of it at this stage.

Don't care how sick I am, I will bring bags with me to be sick into if I have to, my little guy deserves his match after the horrible day he put down, it must have been so boring for him. He has his jersey all laid out and everything. I ate an oat bar there as well, baby seems appreciative of the nutrients. Poor thing has been half starved today.

Sure you're nearly there now! Only way to think of it at this stage.

True - 3 weeks until due date and maybe false labour is a sign I won't be waiting too long. (oh please, please, please!)

Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps it is a baby growth spurt? I always got pukey just before my bump got noticeably bigger.

True - 3 weeks until due date and maybe false labour is a sign I won't be waiting too long. (oh please, please, please!)

Hope you feel better soon. Perhaps it is a baby growth spurt? I always got pukey just before my bump got noticeably bigger.

So technically you are full term, any time now :D Eek, so fricken excited for you. Have you everything ready-ish?

I will be fine, even if I have it until the baby is born, it is nothing to what some women, especially some even on here have went through. I just want to feel better for my son. I don't want him to think mummy is too sick because of the baby and resent it you know.

• Advertisement

I'm sure he doesn't associate the sickness with the baby - he probably just want you to feel better so you're happier for you! I'd say he's old enough to understand. After having hyperemesis for the first four months you have my complete sympathies. Being ill is just so horrible. I still look back on that time and wonder how I got through it. Hopefully it's just a phase, I had the odd bout of puking all the way through this pregnancy. It always went away after a day or two.

I'm collecting travel system tomorrow and car seat is getting installed and once that's done we're ready to go. Bags are all packed and baby stuff is all ready :)

Advertisement