Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I'm sure he doesn't associate the sickness with the baby - he probably just want you to feel better so you're happier for you! I'd say he's old enough to understand. After having hyperemesis for the first four months you have my complete sympathies. Being ill is just so horrible. I still look back on that time and wonder how I got through it. Hopefully it's just a phase, I had the off bout of puking all the way through this pregnancy. It always went away after a day or two.

I'm collecting travel system tomorrow and car seat is getting installed and once that's done we're ready to go. Bags are all packed and baby stuff is all ready :)

Ah! So excited!!!! Sorry, I know I only know you on boards, but I get excited for everyone on here :D

I have had it since Thursday so I am ready for it to leave again now. I didn't feel sick til 12 or after each day, so I am on a train at 12 tomorrow, at 1:10 I will be in Thurles, daddy is meeting us at the platform so I just need to make it there, he will help then.

He knows it's because of the baby, so he's been giving out to it:o :p it will be fine, I just need to keep telling myself that.

It is no where near as bad as you and a few others had it. I just felt bad and threw up every so often, you went through hell, I feel guilty even complaining after what you went through.

Slowly sipping on fluids now again. I am a tad dehydrated after my day. Water with Ribena and a bit of club orange, salts, sugars and water to prevent dehydration headaches, I am prone to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Ah! So excited!!!! Sorry, I know I only know you on boards, but I get excited for everyone on here :D

I have had it since Thursday so I am ready for it to leave again now. I didn't feel sick til 12 or after each day, so I am on a train at 12 tomorrow, at 1:10 I will be in Thurles, daddy is meeting us at the platform so I just need to make it there, he will help then.

He knows it's because of the baby, so he's been giving out to it:o :p it will be fine, I just need to keep telling myself that.

It is no where near as bad as you and a few others had it. I just felt bad and threw up every so often, you went through hell, I feel guilty even complaining after what you went through.

Slowly sipping on fluids now again. I am a tad dehydrated after my day. Water with Ribena and a bit of club orange, salts, sugars and water to prevent dehydration headaches, I am prone to them.

I get excited for everyone here too! It will be fine, I'm sure :) I have a feeling the sickness will lift soon. It probably is a baby growth spurt! I'm sure you already have plastic bags packed in case you have to have a vom. I still carry them around with my, just in case, even though I haven't been sick in weeks. Preventing dehydration really is the most important thing, that's what the hospital were always concerned about with me when I went in for being a pukemonster. Ribena sounds like a good idea, I used to drink water with a small amount of mi wadi in it to taste, just to get something down.

Hope your boy has a nice time anyway and forgives the baby!

I get excited for everyone here too! It will be fine, I'm sure :) I have a feeling the sickness will lift soon. It probably is a baby growth spurt! I'm sure you already have plastic bags packed in case you have to have a vom. I still carry them around with my, just in case, even though I haven't been sick in weeks. Preventing dehydration really is the most important thing, that's what the hospital were always concerned about with me when I went in for being a pukemonster. Ribena sounds like a good idea, I used to drink water with a small amount of mi wadi in it to taste, just to get something down.

Hope your boy has a nice time anyway and forgives the baby!

Well Ribena has salts and sugars too, so it replaces those I puked up since all I ate today was 2 corn on the cob, a few tuc crackers and a oat bar.

The baby is moving so much, I am getting a feel for its dimensions. it's scary to think it has at least another 5 weeks of growing to full term alone.

Sure he's a good little thing, all he is thinking about is how his brother or sister is giving him a buzz lightyear toy when it arrives, so he adore it as it is :rolleyes: good to see he has his priorities sorted.

Ooh, and what travel system did you get??? Sorry, I'm noisy!

Well Ribena has salts and sugars too, so it replaces those I puked up since all I ate today was 2 corn on the cob, a few tuc crackers and a oat bar.

The baby is moving so much, I am getting a feel for its dimensions. it's scary to think it has at least another 5 weeks of growing to full term alone.

Sure he's a good little thing, all he is thinking about is how his brother or sister is giving him a buzz lightyear toy when it arrives, so he adore it as it is :rolleyes: good to see he has his priorities sorted.

Ooh, and what travel system did you get??? Sorry, I'm noisy!

Not nosy at all! We got an uppababy vista with a besafe car seat and all the isofix jazz. I feel bad when I think about how pricey it is - it is very extravagant but mammy and daddy MurdyWurdy have very generously bought it for us which is fantastic of them! Really looking forward to collecting it and perhaps wheeling the cat around in it to try it out! :)

Buzz Lightyear - so cute and what a generous brother or sister he has!

Not nosy at all! We got an uppababy vista with a besafe car seat and all the isofix jazz. I feel bad when I think about how pricey it is - it is very extravagant but mammy and daddy MurdyWurdy have very generously bought it for us which is fantastic of them! Really looking forward to collecting it and perhaps wheeling the cat around in it to try it out! :)

Buzz Lightyear - so cute and what a generous brother or sister he has!

A good comfy travel system is essential. And if grandparents want to spoil, then never say no :D Nana got our son's one and is badgering to get us another (I see it as a waste since we have a perfectly good one) If your cat is a lazy thing like mine, he will invade the buggy at any and all opportunity!

Yes, Mummy and Daddy wolf nearly died at the price of Buzz, but he has been so good that his brother or sister may over rule us ;):)

• Advertisement

A good comfy travel system is essential. And if grandparents want to spoil, then never say no :D Nana got our son's one and is badgering to get us another (I see it as a waste since we have a perfectly good one) If your cat is a lazy thing like mine, he will invade the buggy at any and all opportunity!

Yes, Mummy and Daddy wolf nearly died at the price of Buzz, but he has been so good that his brother or sister may over rule us ;):)

Well, Buzz is only for very good boys!

Yes, wasn't going to say no to the grandparents! The uppababy can be converted to a double buggy for a second child (don't want to think about that just yet though) with this rumble seat thing which is one of the reasons we got it. We most definitely wouldn't be buying another one! I think it's nice to reuse the one you had with your first - it makes much more sense.

The cat has already been found many times in the cot, despite the cat proof netting. We are doing some reinforcing tomorrow. He's getting a bit fond of it :)

Well, Buzz is only for very good boys!

Yes, wasn't going to say no to the grandparents! The uppababy can be converted to a double buggy for a second child (don't want to think about that just yet though) with this rumble seat thing which is one of the reasons we got it. We most definitely wouldn't be buying another one! I think it's nice to reuse the one you had with your first - it makes much more sense.

The cat has already been found many times in the cot, despite the cat proof netting. We are doing some reinforcing tomorrow. He's getting a bit fond of it :)

I have found the cat asleep many a time in the cot when it was that for my son, now at bedtime I often see him sleeping at the end of my son's cotbed below my sons feet. I have noticed cats never go too close to babies they give them a wide birth. But my son and the cat are as tight as can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Ugh the guy who got me pregnant has got in contact with me again, n I instantly feel stress and anger. I know that will sound weird to read, but this guy was trying to force me into a relationship, trying to get me to marry him. He stopped contact about two months ago, n I was honestly glad, when people asked what would I do if he didnt text by july, I said I don't know, butI wish he hadn't text me this evening. He start asking about our situation and I told him we dont have one, we're not going to be together. I know this may sound bad for my baby, but this guy is a manipulator, a controller and tbh I think I had a lucky escape as I knew to get out. Im stressing now because he obviously still thinks we're going to be together :( I actually feel like crying :( I'd been free of this for two months n now I feel stressed again. You may ssk why I replied, but I wanted to see if he'd just be there for the baby, see if he had forgotten about 'us' but clearly not :( so confusing :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

loubian wrote: »
    Ugh the guy who got me pregnant has got in contact with me again, n I instantly feel stress and anger. I know that will sound weird to read, but this guy was trying to force me into a relationship, trying to get me to marry him. He stopped contact about two months ago, n I was honestly glad, when people asked what would I do if he didnt text by july, I said I don't know, butI wish he hadn't text me this evening. He start asking about our situation and I told him we dont have one, we're not going to be together. I know this may sound bad for my baby, but this guy is a manipulator, a controller and tbh I think I had a lucky escape as I knew to get out. Im stressing now because he obviously still thinks we're going to be together :( I actually feel like crying :( I'd been free of this for two months n now I feel stressed again. You may ssk why I replied, but I wanted to see if he'd just be there for the baby, see if he had forgotten about 'us' but clearly not :( so confusing :(

Block his texts if you can. You should be looking forward to your new arrival, not worrying about getting texts from him. Have you spoken to a solicitor about what yours and his rights are? It might give you an action plan or some peace of mind at least.

You are having a baby with him, you are not under ANY obligation to have a personal relationship with him. Remember that. If you don't want to have one, then don't and by Christ don't ever let yourself be forced into anything. You have gotten here by yourself. You have organised everything for baby by yourself. You are the one going to work everyday, scrounging every penny so that you and baby have what you need and promise you will never forget that. You are stronger than so many others for getting this far alone!

You wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he wants to be there for the baby, but it is clear all of this is distressing for you. Tell him once and for all, the answer is no, change your number if you have to. If you want something to be put in place with regards access/maintenance/etc then consult a solicitor. Don't stress yourself or your baby. You are heavily pregnant, you and baby are your ONLY priority.

*Huge Hugs*

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Block his texts if you can. You should be looking forward to your new arrival, not worrying about getting texts from him. Have you spoken to a solicitor about what yours and his rights are? It might give you an action plan or some peace of mind at least.

I haven't spoken to a solicitor but I had meetings with the social worker. Since we're not married, he doesn't have much say over anything got to do with the child. If I keep his name off the birth certificate, it stays that way. I think I may set up another meeting with her because even though I thought I'd be able to handle it, after getting the text this evening, I'm not so sure. I'm also overridden with guilt thst I'm basically planning no father figure for my daughter. But I know deep down if i keep him in my life, it's going to be one hassle after another n I fear I won't be able to take care of the baby properly :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I haven't spoken to a solicitor but I had meetings with the social worker. Since we're not married, he doesn't have much say over anything got to do with the child. If I keep his name off the birth certificate, it stays that way. I think I may set up another meeting with her because even though I thought I'd be able to handle it, after getting the text this evening, I'm not so sure. I'm also overridden with guilt thst I'm basically planning no father figure for my daughter. But I know deep down if i keep him in my life, it's going to be one hassle after another n I fear I won't be able to take care of the baby properly :(

Take it from a girl with a crappy father. No father at all would have been better than what I had. And you're only planning not to have that particular guy in his/her life, not no father figure. It's pretty clear from your posts that he sees the child as nothing more than a path to an EU citizenship.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Take it from a girl with a crappy father. No father at all would have been better than what I had. And you're only planning not to have that particular guy in his/her life, not no father figure. It's pretty clear from your posts that he sees the child as nothing more than a path to an EU citizenship.

I agree with DK, No dad is better than a horrible one BELIEVE me! You will have a father figure in her life, maybe not yet, but better to wait and get a good one. Blood does not guarantee his ability for the role. If he is all the things you say, then your little girl and you deserve much better.

You are having a baby with him, you are not under ANY obligation to have a personal relationship with him. Remember that. If you don't want to have one, then don't and by Christ don't ever let yourself be forced into anything. You have gotten here by yourself. You have organised everything for baby by yourself. You are the one going to work everyday, scrounging every penny so that you and baby have what you need and promise you will never forget that. You are stronger than so many others for getting this far alone!

You wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, that he wants to be there for the baby, but it is clear all of this is distressing for you. Tell him once and for all, the answer is no, change your number if you have to. If you want something to be put in place with regards access/maintenance/etc then consult a solicitor. Don't stress yourself or your baby. You are heavily pregnant, you and baby are your ONLY priority.

*Huge Hugs*
    This is something he doesn't seem to understand. This started back in December, n until March when he stopped contacting me, every time we had a conversation he'd bring the subject of 'us' up and I'd have to tell him that it's never going to happen. It's been so hard because as I said to das kitty, I just feel so much guilt because I hate being mean to people and then my baby wont have a father. BUT I know that I have to think of me and baby, especially now, and as das kitty said, I should be looking forward to meeting her, not worrying about him. As these last two months have proved, I'm calmer and happier with out the thought of him in my life. I've probably stressed myself out too much at the moment but I just cant get through to him, so I think its best to just shut him out :(

This is something he doesn't seem to understand. This started back in December, n until March when he stopped contacting me, every time we had a conversation he'd bring the subject of 'us' up and I'd have to tell him that it's never going to happen. It's been so hard because as I said to das kitty, I just feel so much guilt because I hate being mean to people and then my baby wont have a father. BUT I know that I have to think of me and baby, especially now, and as das kitty said, I should be looking forward to meeting her, not worrying about him. As these last two months have proved, I'm calmer and happier with out the thought of him in my life. I've probably stressed myself out too much at the moment but I just cant get through to him, so I think its best to just shut him out :(

It is better to go alone, which is not an easy road, than to put you and your daughter through that. Look back over the past two months, hell even since December, look at everything you did alone for her, you don't need him and you definitely don't need anyone that brings you down. I understand you want her to have everything, and part of that is two parents, but some people are not fit to be parents. From what you are saying you are the prime concern, not her to him, as you are the one as DK said, he needs for the citizenship.

I don't know what to say other than thank you for the support. It's a difficult situation to be in, n some people believe he still has a right to be in her life if he is the dad. My friend, after everything I've told her about him, still thinks I should let him be involved. But she has no idea what he's like. But in my opinion, he would have to earn his right to be in her life, he isnt doing that, n if I'm totally honest, I don't think I could ever fully trust him. I'm going to ignore the rest of his texts. If hr starts to bug me again, I'll consider blocking his number. N ill make an appointment with the social worker next week.

Do. talk to the SW, they know more about all of this than anyone else, they have seen everything. If he wants to be in her life, he should earn it, he clearly has shown nothing up to now but harassing and stressing you for a relationship, completely against your will.

As for your friend, if she is one of the ones that have been less than stellar of late, then she clearly isn't listening. As I said, blood does not make the parent.

Huge hugs again :(

It is better to go alone, which is not an easy road, than to put you and your daughter through that. Look back over the past two months, hell even since December, look at everything you did alone for her, you don't need him and you definitely don't need anyone that brings you down. I understand you want her to have everything, and part of that is two parents, but some people are not fit to be parents. From what you are saying you are the prime concern, not her to him, as you are the one as DK said, he needs for the citizenship.

It is more than likely that, as he started saying he wanted to marry me at the very start. I can huff n puff about why I didnt get out then, but it led me to my baby, who is my main concern. I stayed with him long enough for her to be conceived and I feel it was meant to be. It's a struggle alright, having to plan by myself, but its so much easier than having him involved!

It is more than likely that, as he started saying he wanted to marry me at the very start. I can huff n puff about why I didnt get out then, but it led me to my baby, who is my main concern. I stayed with him long enough for her to be conceived and I feel it was meant to be. It's a struggle alright, having to plan by myself, but its so much easier than having him involved!

A friend of mine was in a horribly violent relationship for over a year, he hurt her day in and day out and nothing would make her leave. She got pregnant and she left, no warning, she just ran. A baby changes things, many find the courage to break bad relationships for the sake of their children. You never have to explain to anyone why you stayed before she was conceived. She exists now and you love her too much to allow her to be used as a pawn, and that is all that matters!

A friend of mine was in a horribly violent relationship for over a year, he hurt her day in and day out and nothing would make her leave. She got pregnant and she left, no warning, she just ran. A baby changes things, many find the courage to break bad relationships for the sake of their children. You never have to explain to anyone why you stayed before she was conceived. She exists now and you love her too much to allow her to be used as a pawn, and that is all that matters!

Good for your friend! How is she now?

After i text him saying we're not going to be in a relationship, he replied saying 'ok'. I know from experience that that doesn't mean ok, n I just got a message from him asking why I'm so unhappy with him and why am I being so mean to him.

After that, after two months of nothing, and now we're back to square one, I'm done, after what you guys have said about her having a father figure, it just won't be him (I hadn't thought of that before), I know I don't want him in my life. Ifhe was iinterested in the baby, he'd stop asking for a relationship n would focus on her, but I know now he just wants me to secure his position in the country, n I won't be allowing that ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

After i text him saying we're not going to be in a relationship, he replied saying 'ok'. I know from experience that that doesn't mean ok, n I just got a message from him asking why I'm so unhappy with him and why am I being so mean to him.

After that, after two months of nothing, and now we're back to square one, I'm done, after what you guys have said about her having a father figure, it just won't be him (I hadn't thought of that before), I know I don't want him in my life. Ifhe was iinterested in the baby, he'd stop asking for a relationship n would focus on her, but I know now he just wants me to secure his position in the country, n I won't be allowing that ever.

Ignore that last text. Every time you reply - even to say you won't be having a relationship - it fuels him. No matter what he says, do not reply. Keep the texts as proof of his harassment. Do not answer the phone if he rings. He can only engage with you if you let him. Good luck with the SW - but as you've said, he can't have any say over you or the baby.

She and her daughter and doing very well, she is doing a course in Social Care and her daughter is thriving and starting school in September. An intelligent and happy little girl.

If he was truly interested in her, he would not even discuss you and him, but her. It's not being mean to say you don't want a relationship. :)

I'm going to ignore his texts as yes, it does fuel him. Sometimes the frustration of not getting through to him would lead me to continue to text, but I just can't. No matter what I say, he doesn't listen.

I'm glad to hear your friend is doing well, wolfpawnat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Loubian, just wanted to say stay strong. You don't need to worry for yourself and your baby - you will do just fine the two of you, just trust your instincts and enjoy your time together. I was alone having my daughter and we were fine! And I was just talking to another woman who was in the same boat and she agreed that is was just lovely coming home the two of them together. We are both proud parents of lovely teenage girls now and although life has thrown us some curve balls over the years, having a child alone wasn't one of them.
    You seem like a good strong person. Trust your heart, and maybe try to get someone to act as a buffer. Keep notes/copies of texts, anything like that (including copies of ones from you) in case you need evidence in the future, but don't let it rule this lovely time you are going to have with your baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Right, my moan is my lack of sex drive. Im quite sore with pelvic pain as well as having a cold and a sick toddler for past 9 days.
    My oh who is great in many ways ..... cannot understand why I feel so undesirable & not in the mood. He seems to think I dont love him because of these. I feel totally icky & worn out

Is it wrong that I am pee'd off with him and his mindset?

Having one of those days..... roll on better days ahead. It must be hard for him as I had high drivenon number 1.
    I thought he'd be more understanding .... not a hope.
    I just do not need this today.

Right, my moan is my lack of sex drive. Im quite sore with pelvic pain as well as having a cold and a sick toddler for past 9 days.
    My oh who is great in many ways ..... cannot understand why I feel so undesirable & not in the mood. He seems to think I dont love him because of these. I feel totally icky & worn out

Having one of those days..... roll on better days ahead. It must be hard for him as I had high drivenon number 1.

My poor OH got to have time alone with me for the first time in two weeks last night. Could I have been less arsed? No. I feel so bad because he doesn't have the hormones saying P-off but at the same time, he is an intelligent man, so he knows I do and expects some effort too! I can't help not wanting anything. And I get slightly annoyed at the one-way traffic, but I can't with the annoying vein in my bits even consider anything.

I know how you feel :( I just didn't want to put it on here first for some reason :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Your right to be annoyed I think! I'd be! U have so much going on physically and having a toddler while pregnant is difficult - esp when they are sick - I've just been thru it and there were lots of times himself had to go without - never a peep out if him because if he had I would have flipped!

dublinlady wrote: »
    Your right to be annoyed I think! I'd be! U have so much going on physically and having a toddler while pregnant is difficult - esp when they are sick - I've just been thru it and there were lots of times himself had to go without - never a peep out if him because if he had I would have flipped!

Thanks girls... just had shocking day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Thanks girls... just had shocking day

And men are silly & insensitive!

• Advertisement

dublinlady wrote: »
    And men are silly & insensitive!

my oh is gone to bed... I am totally peeved not just over him.... Am tempted to stay and sleep on sofa .
    I haven't felt this bad in long while....
    Just fed up.
    Damn life

Advertisement