Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

He needs to cop the eff on fg.

I'd be raging. Don't sleep on the sofa, it'll only make you sorer.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Das Kitty wrote: »
    He needs to cop the eff on fg.

I'd be raging. Don't sleep on the sofa, it'll only make you sorer.

+1 on both counts. A swift kick in the ass is what he needs.

I could count on my fingers the amount of times my OH and I have done it since I got pregnant. If it wasn't for the baby, it would be the best contraceptive ever! It's just as frustrating for women, the lack of sex drive, I honestly feel robbed of the fabled 2nd trimester "horny phase" But we joke about it, and the OH is really understanding about the whole thing. He had no choice! And nor does yours. He needs to get over himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Hey Ladies,

thanks for all your words of support last week.

This week is still pretty crap though. I had an appointment with my rheumatologist last week, and I was delighted to report to him that I am one of those lucky arthritis sufferers who's immune system has finally calmed down and for the first time in years i have no pain in my hands and feet! Whoo-hoo!! So ok, I'm feeling retched in lots of other ways, but no arthritis. I was even gloating about how I haven't had a uveitis flare up since January!!!

But pride comes before a fall and lo and behold, I wake up Saturday morning with a flaming red eye. I have been resting it and hoping that it will calm down, but no joy. i normally take steroid drops and it clears up pretty quick, but I can't take them at the moment without a doctor's say so. So it looks like I will be heading into the Eye & Ear this afternoon and please god the queues after the bank holiday won't be too bad.

Then on top of the uveitis, my frozen shoulder (again inflammation linked) made an appearance and I couldn't take any difene to ease it. Of course, being a total worrier, now I am worried sick that all this inflammation could be having a negative effect on the pregnancy - a big part of why we couldn't get pregnant and why I had problems with implanatation was due to the levels of inflammation and antibodies in my blood causing problems. I am hoping that my two little blobs are well stuck on and are holding fast so that this new flare up won't do them any harm.

The sickness was pretty rough over the weekend, but not too bad today. It is definitely linked to the progesterone, as it is always worse on the in-between days. The 24hrs after I have the injection aren't pretty, but they are bearable, but the alternate days when I have no injection are hell.

I'm in for my first official appointment at the hospital on Thursday so I am hoping that they will be able to make some changes to the progesterone schedule that might help. I am also dying to have this scan to make sure both blobs are still hanging on in there and both are doing ok.

Please god!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Just back from my appointment. I'm a bit pissed off tbh. I was waiting for over an hour to be called, they only opened the doors after 10 to llet air in. When I got in to see the doctor, I mentioned that I'd felt like the movements hadnt been as frequent, n she kind of rushed through the checkup. She checked for baby's heartbeat n all seemed ok but she didnt mention anythibg else. they sent me up for a trace just in case. Thankfully I wasn't waiting long for that, n I'm happy they did a thourough check but I never got to see baby for long or ask the questions I'd forced myself to remember. They said i am pretty anemic so it explains the tiredness! I don't know why I'm pissed off tbh, I think I'm just sick of being tired, tired of worrying, which sounds awful! I feel she'd be safer if she was here! I want her to be as healthy as possible and obviously that requires staying in the oven for as long as possible. I've to start taking galfer twice a day now. N now I've to work in an office at least 5 degrees hotter than outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

sorry to hear they rushed you loubian. nothing is worse than feeling like they are forcing you in and out the door. i have a 34 week scan and appointment next week and since it will be an important one, i just know they will try and rush it. i was at the hospital every second week and every week towards the end. this time i have barely seen anyone. though with hospital waiting times getting longer, i'm not sure thats a bad thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

So tired but can't sleep or nap during the day. :'(

So tired but can't sleep or nap during the day. :'(

I find I wake more tired if I doze off at all.

The OH had to be up for Work Exp today at 5:30am and guess what gombeen was up with him cooking a proper breakfast and a good lunch for him. And what time did I get to sleep last night you may ask? AFTER 1!!!!! I kid you not. I was up until 12:30 scrubbing wellies. Yes, that's right wellies. Leaning over into a bathtub. Then when I finished that, I had to obviously disinfect the bath! But then he went to sleep and I wanted to, but the vein was killing me and I had to try and go to the bathroom, so then I spent ages waddling around the hallway willing it to decrease in swelling so I could go :(

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I find I wake more tired if I doze off at all.

The OH had to be up for Work Exp today at 5:30am and guess what gombeen was up with him cooking a proper breakfast and a good lunch for him. And what time did I get to sleep last night you may ask? AFTER 1!!!!! I kid you not. I was up until 12:30 scrubbing wellies. Yes, that's right wellies. Leaning over into a bathtub. Then when I finished that, I had to obviously disinfect the bath! But then he went to sleep and I wanted to, but the vein was killing me and I had to try and go to the bathroom, so then I spent ages waddling around the hallway willing it to decrease in swelling so I could go :(

That sounds awful....

:(

That sounds awful....

:(

My own fault, he said he would do it all himself this morning, but I couldn't leave it be. Damn nesting :(

But I know the feeling of wanting to go to sleep and not being able to. I usually (if I even get the chance) wake up more tired and feeling terrible. So I will wait until a respectable enough time tonight (bout 10ish) and go to bed then, but it will be so hard to get through the day, especially with the warm weather!

I love warm weather, part of the reason I can't go to sleep is because I feel like I'm missing out on the 3 days of summer!

• Advertisement

I feel so uncomfortable today :( i think the realisation that i'm anemic has had a negative effect on me, i feel so much more tired today than last few weeks - but that also could be the relief from worrying over the weekend. The ticking/pulsing in my stomach has returned and it's annoying the hell out of me. If it's baby lying on a nerve, i can't move it, if it's baby hiccuping, i can't stop it. If i lie back in my chair it doesn't seem as strong, but it's still there, and can't really be lying back in my chair in work. I'm sunburnt and itchy. I am wearing non maternity tights that are sticking to the back of my legs and creating a worse itch. My maternity tights ripped this morning, this was my first time wearing them. I feel so full yet i have barely eaten anything and i need to keep eating to keep my energy up. I just want to go home and sleep, but i know if i tried, i wouldn't be able to. Is this what it feels like when you start to feel fed up of being pregnant? I feel so bad saying that because of all the worry. I feel like i should want to be pregnant for the next 7-9 weeks so she gets the best nurturing.

Did a light bit of walking today, albeit it for a good while, most of the morning. Now it is stunning out and I am inside. My ankles are so sore and I am terrified if I go pushing it they will swell. Damn it. I will give it til 3:30/4 and go out again. It is wrong to be in on a day like today!

Did a light bit of walking today, albeit it for a good while, most of the morning. Now it is stunning out and I am inside. My ankles are so sore and I am terrified if I go pushing it they will swell. Damn it. I will give it til 3:30/4 and go out again. It is wrong to be in on a day like today!

Can you sit outside? If so, do that! :) if not, just take it easy when you walk! Don't worry about walking fast, just go as fast as you can! I think I read here if you sit with your legs/feet raised, the swelling can go down??

I'm going for a pregnancy massage tonight! Can't wait!

loubian wrote: »
    I'm going for a pregnancy massage tonight! Can't wait!

Ooooh, jealous!!!

I was out for a while, but we went out after the 12-3 window that you shouldn't really have kids out in. But had to come in again since I couldn't stand with the pain with the vein again. So I am sitting down trying to will it to calm down so we can go back out. It is so annoying not being able to stand for too long.

Ooooh, jealous!!!

I was out for a while, but we went out after the 12-3 window that you shouldn't really have kids out in. But had to come in again since I couldn't stand with the pain with the vein again. So I am sitting down trying to will it to calm down so we can go back out. It is so annoying not being able to stand for too long.

It's only for another short while and hopefully we'll still have the good weather and you'll be able to go on lots of walks wh your boy n little newbie :)

It's only for another short while and hopefully we'll still have the good weather and you'll be able to go on lots of walks wh your boy n little newbie :)

Went out in the end when daddy came home. I sat while they ran around. I miss being part of the fun, but better than nothing, just glad to have gotten back out, it is too nice these few days!

My rant is a weird one. My cat was outside my apartment, chilling on the wall. Then some brats who don't even live in the complex shout up to their friend in a high apartment to come out and chase him off the wall. Then they were talking to their friend about why he wasn't running off and said she would hit him with her soccer ball and actually had the nerve to aim it at him!!!! :mad: It took every ounce of my self control not to roar profanities at her. I merely said "what do you think you are doing? Don't you dare hit my cat with that ball" I was thinking a hell of a lot worse. Some parents couldn't raise bread with the baking powder, let alone a child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

had playgroup in our local park today.
    Small man had paeds check up in CUH, all clear so delighted.

On a dodgy rant today, the parent handle on my smart trike as I was bringing him down steps of my house. Thank god, he only has few grazes. Reluctant to use trike again..... I got such a fright.

Beyond wrecked tonight , back aching but ok day. The heat is killing me.... Watching the apprentice now on BBC .... Then bed .. Have aches everywhere

on a funny note, bump kicked my toddler today as I was lifting him... Poor child looked confused :-P

I'm starving but I can't eat another bite. If I drink a lot of water, I get so full.

Omg I'm so angry. I get dumped on reception in work over my brother n some other new girl.. they both started TUESDAY n don't know what they're doing. I've been working my butt off trying to get stuff finished for when I finish up in a month's time. I'm so so pissed off. They clearly don't appreciate anything I've done up to

I'm not feeling too good. The father has contacted me again saying he will stop asking me for a relationship n thst he wants to meet to discuss the baby. We have discussed some things over text but he says he wants to meet up so he can have his own say. I know that is only fair, but I am just scared of what he wants n what he will say. I will be bringing a friend with me as support. I want to believe him, I want to let my daughter know her dad but I just don't know if I can ever trust him. My head is so confused because I'm trying to not let my guard down and still be wary but at the same time, I'm trying to decide whether to give him the benefit of the doubt again. I think as well I was thinking that she'll be all mine, but if he's voluntarily making an effort, csn i really ignore it? :(

Just needed to get this of my chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm not feeling too good. The father has contacted me again saying he will stop asking me for a relationship n thst he wants to meet to discuss the baby. We have discussed some things over text but he says he wants to meet up so he can have his own say. I know that is only fair, but I am just scared of what he wants n what he will say. I will be bringing a friend with me as support. I want to believe him, I want to let my daughter know her dad but I just don't know if I can ever trust him. My head is so confused because I'm trying to not let my guard down and still be wary but at the same time, I'm trying to decide whether to give him the benefit of the doubt again. I think as well I was thinking that she'll be all mine, but if he's voluntarily making an effort, csn i really ignore it? :(

Just needed to get this of my chest!

Bring a friend that WON'T be taken in by his guff, and discuss maintenance payments by him as well as access. Make it clear that any access handovers will be done in the company of another person (ie, you will never be alone with him) If he genuinely wants a relationship with his child, maintenance shouldn't bother him. If he's using her as an excuse to get to you, he'll back off. Tell him you will go to court so that maintenance/access will be formalised; and tell him that's the only way you can move forward.

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Bring a friend that WON'T be taken in by his guff, and discuss maintenance payments by him as well as access. Make it clear that any access handovers will be done in the company of another person (ie, you will never be alone with him) If he genuinely wants a relationship with his child, maintenance shouldn't bother him. If he's using her as an excuse to get to you, he'll back off. Tell him you will go to court so that maintenance/access will be formalised; and tell him that's the only way you can move forward.

+1 and also insist that until she is a few months old, the access will be in public with you and a friend present until they get to know each other and because it is difficult for a mother to be away from a child for the first few months and also the friend is only there as a added support.

Dear God, I have to go to the MIL's for another few days. Please will someone just put me out of my misery and KILL ME!!!! Days of "what will I take out for the dinner tomorrow", "Would you not wear something that doesn't show off that disgusting belly" "You're like Hitler with that bed time (my sons)" "put a jumper on him" "have you fed him" "he shouldn't be walking so much" "Oh he has a terrible cough (14 times an hour)" Seriously, I just want to cry. And the worst part is, the OH said that going down was MY idea. WTF I rather sit in a padded room for 6 weeks with nothing to do than go down there. He has been harping on about going down for days, I just am going because...... actually I have no idea why I am going! I have to get back to Dublin for the scan and hospital appointment on Thursday and I already foresee the cow harping on about her minding my son (even though the OH will be the one doing it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

While my MIL is a bit better than that I can see where you're coming from. Mine does a lot of those things and gets this awful pinched expression if I disagree with her. Doesn't argue, probably doesn't even mean to do it, but you can see the thoughts going through her head. "Well, I wouldn't do it that way."

We're moving into her house - she's taking a flat - after work has been done on it, and despite the fact that we agreed together which rooms the kids would be in, himself up and forgets after a word with his mum. "She(baby) would be better off in this room. And soandso should go there..." I tried saying that the way she was designing it, the baby's bed (once she's in a bed) would be up against the radiator. Went right over her head. She just replied that it was going to be a much smaller rad.

That kind of a thing annoys me.

But what I really came in here to moan about is the heat. I'm fine during the day. I've been v sensible. Sun screen, hat, both for me and the little one... But to get a full nights sleep. Both because she has the blankets thrown off and wants them back half way through the night, and because I'm so hot I can't sleep... I had a melt down yesterday I was so tired. Then I had a nap. And I was much better. :)

Finding it so hard to lie down now, my breathing is compromised n I get immediate heartburn. My back is tight too so its hard to take deep breathes. I have an inhaler but i dunno uf itd be much good as I just feel like everything is squashed, not wheezy. Also it seems every organ is being squashed by baby! Another 6-8 weeks to go!! At least only four weeks left in work!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I need some advice, me and my ex were together for 6 years and broke up last wednesday. I hadnt been happy for a long time and I was so stressed so I had to walk away from it all because it wasnt doing me or baby any good. He basically told me that he doesnt want anything to do with our baby.. believe his words were "your womb so your responsibility". real nice guy right?? I have my 20 week scan on tuesday where ill be finding out the sex, I dont know whether to just send him a text and tell him its on and if he wants to go he can or to just leave him to it. I just dont want it all to blow back in my face if in October he decides he has all these rights to access and that he starts saying i blocked him out of the whole thing and wouldnt tell him about scans! really dont know what to do!

First off, if you aren't married, he hasn't got any rights, so he can huff and puff all he likes, it'll make no difference. However, it is probably a good idea to keep him in the loop - emotions are running high right now, but if he is to be involved in the child's life later, it is probably best to remain civil. Text him about the appointment, just say its on at x time if you'd like to come along, and keep all texts and replies! Hope it works out okay

nikpmup wrote: »
    First off, if you aren't married, he hasn't got any rights, so he can huff and puff all he likes, it'll make no difference. However, it is probably a good idea to keep him in the loop - emotions are running high right now, but if he is to be involved in the child's life later, it is probably best to remain civil. Text him about the appointment, just say its on at x time if you'd like to come along, and keep all texts and replies! Hope it works out okay

ye i think ill do that. I just want to make sure that i come out looking good cause he if decides to bring me to court for guardianship i want to make sure that ive got loads stuff on him and ive been the nice as pie civil one who has been ever so accommodating. haha Such a bloody mess.. men have it so much easier

wait for this.. i have him blocked on my phone because he has been so abusive and its been upsetting me but i wrote to him in a mail on fb to tell him and read it and then blocked me on fb hahaha!!!! ill take it that he wont be coming on tuesday then.

Madisson wrote: »
    wait for this.. i have him blocked on my phone because he has been so abusive and its been upsetting me but i wrote to him in a mail on fb to tell him and read it and then blocked me on fb hahaha!!!! ill take it that he wont be coming on tuesday then.

If he has been abusive and upsetting you, keep any evidence - abusive texts, mails etc. If you mail him information about the baby, keep a screenshot or sent copy. I reckon you would be better off going to a solicitor first - be prepared for court if he decides he wants access/guardianship - you will have a record of his behaviour towards you during your pregnancy and will be on a more stable footing.

ye ive been fowarding it all onto my sister and shes keeping it all for me, i cant keep any of it on my phone or ill keep dwelling on all the nasty stuff hes saying. you think you know someone ehh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Madisson wrote: »
    ye ive been fowarding it all onto my sister and shes keeping it all for me, i cant keep any of it on my phone or ill keep dwelling on all the nasty stuff hes saying. you think you know someone ehh

print it off too and record date/time of such conversations.
    Ensure you have paper copies.
    Good luck with it.

My moan is my pelvis.... Feels like whole thing has just dropped could not sleep with it last night.. I have to start bothering cumh for my physio referrral.... This will drive me nuts.

I'm exhausted now& its time to get up.

On my first pregnancy, I never had this issue. I was able to walk about fairly normally.

Advertisement