Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah, he's acting like a complete dick Madisson.

Being pregnant and having your first baby is possibly the hardest adjustment any person makes in their lives. It puts huge strains on all couples. It's likely he's hurt over the relationship coming to an end, but good jeebus is he throwing the toys out of the pram.

My guess is that a few months down the line he'll totally regret his current behaviour, but that's not for you to worry about now.

I'd keep inviting him to scans (if you have any more) but do it through a friend of yours.

Then let him know when the baby is born and give him an option to meet him/her (on your terms obviously). You do know him for a long time, so you know whether this behaviour is way outside of how he would normally react.

We're here for moral support whenever needed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I feel I post in here too much. Really wish I was finished work now, the people in here are truly horrible. Just want to go home and cry :( bloody hormones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    I feel I post in here too much. Really wish I was finished work now, the people in here are truly horrible. Just want to go home and cry :( bloody hormones.

Posting it here means we don't bottle it in or we don't annoy those around us too much and cause them to pretty much not want to even talk to us, believe me when I say, there is nothing better than this thread, we didn't have it when I had my son and it was hell bottling things up!

All excited/nervous about my scan on Thursday, it will mean I will have my section date, and all I am getting here is the MIL going on about "Well ring us when you are finished so I can ring M (the OH's sister) so she can get time off work" Which seems a fair enough comment, it would be nice to be able to tell her in advance, tickets are always that little more reasonable and she can sort work, but over and over again "M needs to know. She can't figure out why you don't know already" and "Would you not ask them at your next appointment, M needs to know"

Of all the people I care about telling, a woman that has toss all to do with me and the baby and who is 0% affected by it is not high on my priority list! This is about the safe delivery of MY baby, not her!!!! But over and over, M, M, M, M, and her itinerary! I am seriously getting more and more annoyed,

I get that my MIL would like a hand with my son, he is a bit of a handful and having her daughter here would help, but like always, everything should suit the daughter (her favourite child) and not anyone else! My baby needs to be delivered safely but that is not as important as suiting her daughter getting time off work:confused: It's not even about my partner hopefully being able to attend the birth, it's all about the daughter. I get on okay with the daughter, but her name sends a shiver through me when the MIL says it as everything is about how great she is!

She is giving out now that we asked would she and the daughter bring my son back to Dublin the day I get out of hospital rather than my partner going down and collecting him because we want;

a - everyone to meet the baby.
    b - get my son back to Dublin ASAP so he can bond with his sibling
    c - we can work on finding something resembling a routine for the kids and ourselves.

She has no problem with it, but the daughter doesn't like going to Dublin on the train. Seriously, I give up.

That's true! I just feel like I've a new moan everyday.

I have never experienced awkward or annoying inlaws so I'm afraid I have no advice. But if she keeps asking about dates, just tell her you are finding out soon and you'll let her know! I know you've probably tried already though! Just think it's only for another short while n then you'll be home :)

Dang.

Bathroom doors at work are getting a bit poky to get through, I keep hitting my bump with them. It's extremely irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Dang.

Bathroom doors at work are getting a bit poky to get through, I keep hitting my bump with them. It's extremely irritating.

If its any consolation, I keep whacking my ginormous t*ts off stuff!!! :D

nikpmup wrote: »
    If its any consolation, I keep whacking my ginormous t*ts off stuff!!! :D

Heh heh. Just wait til belly overtakes! Tried to squeeze past the toddler yesterday and ended up knocking his head into the table becaude I misjudged how much room I had. Poor wee divil.

i have bruised hips and my poor baby is being bumped into thinks. i have terrible spacial reasoning at the best of times. my son and my bump keep meeting unintentionally too :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I feel like a heifer today. Some of the women at work were talking about another girl at work who is due a few days after me and saying things like 'you wouldn't even know looking at her' and 'you wouldn't even think she had a big dinner' etc. I felt huge listening to them, especially considering I'd been told a couple of days ago by a colleague 'you look pregnant!'. Said girl was just excited about it. I realise I'm a completely different height and build to the other girl but even the comparison was unspoken I felt it was there. I haven't a scales but judging by looking at myself the weight that's gone on has gone to my stomach which just looks round and hard(and bump like I suppose!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Roesy wrote: »
    I feel like a heifer today. Some of the women at work were talking about another girl at work who is due a few days after me and saying things like 'you wouldn't even know looking at her' and 'you wouldn't even think she had a big dinner' etc. I felt huge listening to them, especially considering I'd been told a couple of days ago by a colleague 'you look pregnant!'. Said girl was just excited about it. I realise I'm a completely different height and build to the other girl but even the comparison was unspoken I felt it was there. I haven't a scales but judging by looking at myself the weight that's gone on has gone to my stomach which just looks round and hard(and bump like I suppose!)

To be honest, none of us can win. I'm due in two weeks and constantly get told how small and neat I am (I've been small all along). I feel huge though! Anyway, being told that had caused me a lot of worry because I was afraid the baby wasn't growing properly etc. I was constantly asking midwife about it!

People just like to comment, we all carry different, as long as you're healthy that's the main thing. I know it's hard though when you're feeling self conscious :)

• Advertisement

Nothing is worse than feeling massive and everyone else dismissing it, though tbh being the one carrying it around, you know best. My baby moves 20 times a day so I am about 4 different sizes a day. Nothing worse than being told you just look like you ate a big meal, that is just rude :mad: When people know you are pregnant that is nothing short of insulting!

There are two other preggos in very close to proximity. One due two weeks ahead of me and you wouldn't know really. One two weeks behind and she is literally still flat stomached. My tum is well out past my boobs. We all feel huge and we're all struggling for breath going up and down stairs.

Babies are gas. :pac:

I know I come moaning on here a lot about the same things, but as wolfpawnat said in earlier post, it means I'm not bottling it up. Just had a big talk wuth my mam re the father. She suggested if it's causing me anguish to just tell him I'll deal with him after the birth. It's the right thing to do because it really is eating me up, I'm so exhausted already that having to deal with this on top means I can't handle other things, that I usually would be able to, like work. It's both very easy and hard to say I've only four weeks left. Easy because it's exciting but hard because i am just not enjoying work anymore, n that has nothing to do with being uncomfortable. I know everything will be ok, but I'm the type if person to just worry about everything at once and it's so tiring. I just feel so emotional this last week, I'm glad I have this little bit of release coming on here to write out my feelings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I have a pretty large amount of loose skin on my belly from losing a lot of weight a couple of years ago. Up until I got pregnant, it wasn't a problem - it was literally just skin, no volume or bulk to it IYKWIM. Since I've been pregnant, it's kind of filled back up with flab, and my uterus underneath has pushed it out and up, so, carefully dressed, my belly looks about 7 months! I reckon if I hadn't got the loose skin I'd still be quite small.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

loubian wrote: »
    I know I come moaning on here a lot about the same things, but as wolfpawnat said in earlier post, it means I'm not bottling it up. Just had a big talk wuth my mam re the father. She suggested if it's causing me anguish to just tell him I'll deal with him after the birth. It's the right thing to do because it really is eating me up, I'm so exhausted already that having to deal with this on top means I can't handle other things, that I usually would be able to, like work. It's both very easy and hard to say I've only four weeks left. Easy because it's exciting but hard because i am just not enjoying work anymore, n that has nothing to do with being uncomfortable. I know everything will be ok, but I'm the type if person to just worry about everything at once and it's so tiring. I just feel so emotional this last week, I'm glad I have this little bit of release coming on here to write out my feelings.

Mammys are always right ;) dont be letting him get to you, it will all work out in the end but right now you need to focus on YOU and baby!!! youre getting so close now and show be doing your preparations and getting all excited. dont let him get you down :)

Stupid indecisive bladder made me miss my bus. Have to get the train n I don't like getting the train. Aarrgghhhh!! Moan moan moan

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I am tired. That is all. I am really really really tired. I don't know how i am going to manage 3 under 3yr 4m if i am this tired already.

Anyone else dreading going back to night feed WINDING. I have kids that never seem to burp easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Im sore and tired.
    Pelvic pain still quite sore.
    I rang CUMH today to check when I will get appointment. I was told that there is 6-8 week waiting list, so earliest I will be seen is August.At that stage, I will be 30 plus weeks and bigger so doubt it will have gotten any easier.
    It is getting harder in general to have toddler & just get on with life.

I am disgusted. I will have to go private.

Stupid health system...apparently I am classed as routine pateint...... wonder if I was going private in hospital would I receive appointmemt quicker.

I know the feeling about the night winding. My son loved his wind so much he never was willing to expel it, the thought of that again with the added joy of having to get up and bring said son to school and deal with an OH doing 16+ hour days is going to kill me I think:( (though he id less than pleased too)

Meant to be going to Bon Jovi tomorrow, but this weather and severe waddling makes me think I will be staying home :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

My mother in law / rant

I cannot put up with her in general..
    she always ends up starting arguments between myself & oh...drives me mad
    She gives out to my son her way...
    which drives me mad.... Then we were trying to get him.to sleep and she kept talking to him asking him to sing. Good god!

Drives me crazy... I swear she thinks my child is her child . We ended up arguing in front of small man which makes me feel.worse.

Add to this my head feels wonky again today .... So not in great form and spent day visiting mil and graves. in the rain.

ooooh, oh then complained a certian pants of his wasn't dry....... Due to weather and going to Fota with small man yesterday.... This evening is one of those evenings.... Counting down minutes til small Man goes to bed so I can finish housework & wallow in bed for while.

Sorry for rant....

• Advertisement

There is nothing more evil in this world than a pain in the butt MIL!!!

I have had a dodgy stomach with a week!!!! Seriously I am sick of it, always rushing to the bathroom and trying not to be obvious. I just want to cry, it means I am terrified to leave the house. I didn't eat for hours on Saturday because I was terrified I would have a problem during the concert! I had an emergency situation today when I was dropping my son to school. Urgh! Only upside is I found my ipod so I was listening to a bit of music to calm myself down from the terrible mood I have been in today. Damn hormones!!!!

Feeling pretty crappy myself, felt so nauseous this morning, was so hard not to keep running to the loo. N have pains in my abdomen. Also think the baby has dropped a bit coz feeling aches in my pelvis and front bone of my groin! Tmi :P

Has your stomach settled yet, wolfpawnat?

no luck. this morning was the worst. bolting through tesco for a bathroom. its worse than the morning sickness since worst case scenario with that is find a quiet corner or bin to puke in. now i have to time meals so i can be at home :( at first i was freaking as it is a sign a baby is coming but only braxton hicks so i'm in no danger I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    no luck. this morning was the worst. bolting through tesco for a bathroom. its worse than the morning sickness since worst case scenario with that is find a quiet corner or bin to puke in. now i have to time meals so i can be at home :( at first i was freaking as it is a sign a baby is coming but only braxton hicks so i'm in no danger I'd say.

Oh gawd! You poor thing, sounds horrendous :-(

I threw up in front of the gp nurse this morning. Just no end to the morning sickness. However, today's nausea came with a silver lining, I got a 3 month prescription for zofran instead of a 2 week one! No more battling with my gp to get it. Ah... Little victories :-)

Aww Pat that sucks that you are still sick - I was lucky it mostly lifted at 21/22 weeks. The hospital and GP didn't want to give me drugs either, had to beg them. They didn't work for me anyway! Good you have a stash :)

If it's any consolation I had my little man today and he weighed in at 8lbs 1oz so don't think the hyperemesis affected him at all! He 's a little bouncer. I did puke a lot after delivery though (despite not eating or really drinking all day) so just a heads up on that in case you're the same :) apparently the drug they give you to help expel the placenta can make you nauseous, especially if you're already prone to it.

Hope you feel better soon Wolfpawnat - you're almost there!

Oh Murdy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you, I know how much you were hoping to go early! Ah that just made my day :-) PM a pic? How are you feeling, I hope everything went ok?

Thanks for the heads up re delivery, though given my track history I'm expecting to be sick throughout delivery. Babs is flying though, growing nicely and completely unaffected by the ms. Little demon. :-)
    They're baffled by me in the surgery, they've never had someone so sick! Lucky me gets to be the first...

Congrats again, so thrilled for you :-) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

Haven't been sleeping lately. Awake since half four this morning :-\

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Oh Murdy, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you, I know how much you were hoping to go early! Ah that just made my day :-) PM a pic? How are you feeling, I hope everything went ok?

Thanks for the heads up re delivery, though given my track history I'm expecting to be sick throughout delivery. Babs is flying though, growing nicely and completely unaffected by the ms. Little demon. :-)
    They're baffled by me in the surgery, they've never had someone so sick! Lucky me gets to be the first...

Congrats again, so thrilled for you :-) xx

Thanks - am thrilled with him and labour wasn't too bad. I did puke a lot at the beginning before I got the pain relief too though, once a puker always a puker :) you never know - you might get away with it. Either way he is worth the sickness! Will def send a pic when I'm home on laptop :)

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Thanks - am thrilled with him and labour wasn't too bad. I did puke a lot at the beginning before I got the pain relief too though, once a puker always a puker :) you never know - you might get away with it. Either way he is worth the sickness! Will def send a pic when I'm home on laptop :)

So you'd go a second round? ;-)

I think you and I are the same, pukers to the core so I reckon I'll spent half my labour with my head in a bowl. So looking forward to it!

I can't wait to see him, so happy for you!!! :-D

• Advertisement

I made a balls of my back yesterday. I had my 3 year old down at the playground with my visiting German mates and their little boy and they were having so much fun, we stayed 3 hours. So I was lifting my fella in and out of swings and see-saws. By the time I got home my back was aching and my head was splitting!

Still had the headache this morning, though it seems to be lifting now finally.

Advertisement