Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Having a huge argument with himself at the moment so a bit glum about that. These things happen but you still feel crappy.

Trying and failing to sort a hospital bag. I really need to cop on, but I really feel like I couldn't care less :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    So you'd go a second round? ;-)

I think you and I are the same, pukers to the core so I reckon I'll spent half my labour with my head in a bowl. So looking forward to it!

I can't wait to see him, so happy for you!!! :-D

We do share a puking bond! :) Won't be going again for a while anyway - can't face the puking again for a bit.

Hyperemesis plus side though - I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant less than 24 hours after giving birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    We do share a puking bond! :) Won't be going again for a while anyway - can't face the puking again for a bit.

Hyperemesis plus side though - I weigh less than I did when I got pregnant less than 24 hours after giving birth!

The mister and I have all but said we won't go again, I definitely am in no rush and I don't think he could face it, he gets so upset for me. Bless him. Given that I'm 37 now, time is against us and thoughts of enduring mega vomits while looking after a toddler just don't bear thinking about. Never say never I suppose, but it's not likely.

As for the weight, last time I checked I was at my pre pregnancy weight :-) Granted I still have 3 months to go but I'm optimistic. Watch now I'll balloon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Aww Pat that sucks that you are still sick - I was lucky it mostly lifted at 21/22 weeks. The hospital and GP didn't want to give me drugs either, had to beg them. They didn't work for me anyway! Good you have a stash :)

If it's any consolation I had my little man today and he weighed in at 8lbs 1oz so don't think the hyperemesis affected him at all! He 's a little bouncer. I did puke a lot after delivery though (despite not eating or really drinking all day) so just a heads up on that in case you're the same :) apparently the drug they give you to help expel the placenta can make you nauseous, especially if you're already prone to it.

Hope you feel better soon Wolfpawnat - you're almost there!

congrats murdy, delighted for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Congrats MurdyWurdy!

my moan today is that I am now, at 11 weeks, succuming to morning sickness!

After 9 weeks of horrendous IBS symptoms which made me feel absolutely wretched, week 10 saw a big allieviation in those symptoms (not gone completely, but much much better. Was even able to go to Bon Jovi and enjoy myself!). But now during week 11 the IBS is still manageable BUT I have started properly vomiting with morning sickness. It is like motion sickness and I am worse if I am rushing or driving. Puking a few times a day, and managing to fight it the rest of the time. Was sick 5 times today so far (3 times before I left the house, once enroute to work and once in work). Yesterday evening on the way home I had to pull over 3 times to avail of the plastic bag that now regularly accompanies me everywhere.

Yayyyy! IBS is calmed down. Booooo! Morning (all day) sickness has replaced it.

Have a feeling that the much longed for week 12 will not bring the relief I was hoping for.

On a positive note, I only have 1 more week of progesterone injections, tablets and gel. So at least that is something to look forward to! No more alarm going off every evening reminding me to stab myself with an inch long needle into my bum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Congrats MurdyWurdy!

After 9 weeks of horrendous IBS symptoms which made me feel absolutely wretched, week 10 saw a big allieviation in those symptoms (not gone completely, but much much better. Was even able to go to Bon Jovi and enjoy myself!). But now during week 11 the IBS is still manageable BUT I have started properly vomiting with morning sickness. It is like motion sickness and I am worse if I am rushing or driving. Puking a few times a day, and managing to fight it the rest of the time. Was sick 5 times today so far (3 times before I left the house, once enroute to work and once in work). Yesterday evening on the way home I had to pull over 3 times to avail of the plastic bag that now regularly accompanies me everywhere.

Have a feeling that the much longed for week 12 will not bring the relief I was hoping for.

On a positive note, I only have 1 more week of progesterone injections, tablets and gel. So at least that is something to look forward to! No more alarm going off every evening reminding me to stab myself with an inch long needle into my bum!

If its any consolation, I dry retched for 15 minutes this morning after a fight between my toothbrush and my back molars! I'm 21 weeks! My MS/vomiting didn't kick in properly until I was about 10 weeks, and lasted until about 17 weeks, but I have been sick a few times since, most recently at the weekend.

Keep reminding yourself it'll all be worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Congrats MurdyWurdy!

Get dramamine i think its called. My gp recommended it to me. theyre tablets for motion sickness and they really helped my morning sickness :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    If its any consolation, I dry retched for 15 minutes this morning after a fight between my toothbrush and my back molars!

Oh god yeah - brushing teeth is an ordeal for me too! I'm convinced that by the end of this I'll be a toothless hag!
    Madisson wrote: »
    Get dramamine i think its called. My gp recommended it to me. theyre tablets for motion sickness and they really helped my morning sickness :)

thanks for the tip - will give that a go.

So tired the whole time. 35 weeks today, belly is getting so big and every so often I am getting Braxton Hicks and they are so uncomfortable, not sore, but uncomfortable. My stomach goes hard and the baby gets annoyed and tries to kick. *sighs*

Also getting really annoyed at the way people speak to me about not knowing the gender. It is my bloody choice. My partner and I decided we don't want to know and the way people in our family and outside it are talking down to us is driving me mad. The baby is the same gender now as it was when the X or Y chromosome sperm fertilized the egg, which is the same as it will be when it is born. We just want the surprise and the excitement! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

wolfpawnat wrote: »

Also getting really annoyed at the way people speak to me about not knowing the gender. It is my bloody choice. My partner and I decided we don't want to know and the way people in our family and outside it are talking down to us is driving me mad. The baby is the same gender now as it was when the X or Y chromosome sperm fertilized the egg, which is the same as it will be when it is born. We just want the surprise and the excitement! :mad:

Talking down to you? Weird, we're not finding out the gender either and everyone just finds it exciting, they like the surprise. Maybe turn it on them and ask for guesses as to the sex, winner gets to hold baby. :)

• Advertisement

Talking down to you? Weird, we're not finding out the gender either and everyone just finds it exciting, they like the surprise. Maybe turn it on them and ask for guesses as to the sex, winner gets to hold baby. :)

Yes, it's weird, being asked "What did you forget to ask?" and "Sure you already have one, the surprise is gone" "Sure you have had loads of scans, ask" I just get annoyed. These days when people ask me do I know what I am having I just say "a baby hopefully" I think they are starting to get the hint I am getting peeved. Obviously I do this only to the ones who have asked a few times and not people asking the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Ow ow ow :( so sore today, was rushing around in work coz it was hectic!! Forgot that I cant rush around like before n now I'm in agony! Can't wait to get home and shower and relax!

Wolf, I hear ya on the big belly, mine seems to have swelled overnight!

Lets add to the fact my knee is now popping every time i walk! Something tells me I might be ringing in sick tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Backache, hip ache, shoulder ache.....

Ah stupid pain has me up and watching crap tv at 5 am....

Made appointment with private physio for Wednesday.... The pain is making me feel so ill and I cannot wait til August. To see maternity physio in CUMH.
    I actually cannot walk properly unless I am holding onto my babys stroller.

I am getting my hair done today.... A colour change & trim.... Looking forward to it but hairdressers is up 4 flights of stairs & appointment will take 2 /2.5 hours... I am dreading the sitting part for that long

I just feel like crying with pain and discomfort....

Madisson wrote: »

I asked both my chemist and my midwife about this and they said they don't recommend it. Apparently it is part of the anti-histamine family and it can reduce fetal heart rate.
    I suppose if your MS is quite bad and a doctor recommends it, it is different as he/she will weigh up the risk v's benefit. I think the risk is quite small, but still enough to require a doctor's advice on it.

I will mention it to my GP next time I see her - probably next week when I am due to finish all my progesterone. If she says its ok then I'll get it, but given that she didn't want to give me an anti-histamine for a rash, I doubt she'll go for it. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mentioned to someone that I still seem to be able to sleep on my back and she gave me a big speil about how I'm not supposed to sleep on my back.

Yeah, I've been pregnant before and I know all about the supposed-tos, so please don't condescend to me like that! God, what did women do before all this helpful advice?!

Actually last time she was pregnant she wouldn't lift her arms above shoulder height for fear of "strangling the baby with the cord."

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Mentioned to someone that I still seem to be able to sleep on my back and she gave me a big speil about how I'm not supposed to sleep on my back.

Yeah, I've been pregnant before and I know all about the supposed-tos, so please don't condescend to me like that! God, what did women do before all this helpful advice?!

Actually last time she was pregnant she wouldn't lift her arms above shoulder height for fear of "strangling the baby with the cord."

Ah the "friendly" advice, I had loads of that off a neighbour who would randomly attack my front door with her "advice" :rolleyes: thankfully she went back to Poland for the summer so I have had a very quiet May and June. I know they mean well, but the fact we have had kids ourselves before means nothing to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Had to call in sick today. :( Can't stop puking for long enough to have a shower, let alone face the hour-long bus journey into work.

On the bright side, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, so all the nausea and vomiting and fatigue will magically vanish from midnight tonight ... right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

Hahaha on the not lifting arms above head, first time I've heard that one! We've just started telling people we're pregnant with number two one bit of "advise" I got was don't pick up or carry dd incase I squash baby?!! dd is 6 months no words of wisdom though on how I mind her all day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

How did she manage to wash her hair? I've been quite careful with 'the rules' I suppose but I think that's madness altogether! At work some people don't even let me carry a chair.
    I frequently wake up after rolling over onto my back. My mother was baffled when I told her all the current list of rules and precautions. She's wondering how she ever managed to pop the four of us out safely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

So, eh ... when are you supposed to stop sleeping on your back? :o Didn't know about that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Tlachtga wrote: »
    So, eh ... when are you supposed to stop sleeping on your back? :o Didn't know about that one!

15/16 weeks according to some sources or when it gets uncomfortable according to my gp.

Tlachtga wrote: »

You usually sleep on your side when your back gets sore from the baby's weight. I am not sure we even consciously stop. Some women probably do it all pregnancy.

• Site Banned Posts: 10 morewrong

because

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My moan is that OH is gone away for the weekend, and my stupid damn hormones are making me clingy and needy and resentful and I'm that close to ringing him and demanding that he come home to me! WTF?! I'm never like this!

nikpmup wrote: »
    My moan is that OH is gone away for the weekend, and my stupid damn hormones are making me clingy and needy and resentful and I'm that close to ringing him and demanding that he come home to me! WTF?! I'm never like this!

I'm the opposite, I want mine to go away. He is very down recently and is annoying the hell out of me. :( I should care, but I actually cannot.

Braxton Hicks all evening, they are not sore, just irritating, what is sore is the fact my stomach is going hard and the baby is fighting it by pushing it's little bum and legs out as they are happening. Little divil!!!!

Also my right ankle is fairly swollen now. I purposely wore no socks today, only flip flops and didn't even leave the house, but it is actually fairly puffed up :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Braxton Hicks all evening, they are not sore, just irritating, what is sore is the fact my stomach is going hard and the baby is fighting it by pushing it's little bum and legs out as they are happening. Little divil!!!!

Also my right ankle is fairly swollen now. I purposely wore no socks today, only flip flops and didn't even leave the house, but it issues
    actually fairly puffed up :(

Yeah it's funny, in a not so funny way, when they do that! You feel like your stomach will split open! Thr little bump her bum makes when she stretches out fits in my hand though so cuteness helps with the pain! My mum said my brother wriggled all through labour n that it hurt quite a bit :P

Have you got your feet raised?

loubian wrote: »
    Yeah it's funny, in a not so funny way, when they do that! You feel like your stomach will split open! Thr little bump her bum makes when she stretches out fits in my hand though so cuteness helps with the pain! My mum said my brother wriggled all through labour n that it hurt quite a bit :P

Have you got your feet raised?

My child seems to get indignant by them and tries to fight them. I had them up for a while, but getting ready for bed now so hopefully they will be back to normal in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Diarrhea..... Kindly feck off. Thank you

• Advertisement

Diarrhea..... Kindly feck off. Thank you

Had it for over a week, I feel your pain :(

Advertisement