Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Had it for over a week, I feel your pain :(

A week?? you poor thing..it's horrible isn't it :( I don't know if something is triggering it or its just one of these things..... If could get an hours sleep I'd be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Diarrhea..... Kindly feck off. Thank you

:( Don't know if you can take it in pregnancy, but diorolyte is great for rehydration - failing that, lucozade sport (as recommended by gastric band nurse when I couldn't keep anything down - it's good for replenishing salts & sugars as well as liquid)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

i was in tesco's one day. literally pushed past a person to get to the bathroom. everything i ate upset it. had it for 10 days in total. finally over it, but it made life hell. dropping the small man to school was like a military operation.

nikpmup wrote: »
    :( Don't know if you can take it in pregnancy, but diorolyte is great for rehydration - failing that, lucozade sport (as recommended by gastric band nurse when I couldn't keep anything down - it's good for replenishing salts & sugars as well as liquid)

I will defnitely try the Lucozade. OH brought up orange juice to me. Bad idea... There was no water there :( OH is on 2-10 today so i need to ring up my dad and be very nice and see if he will go to tescos for me before the sports start...

Oh wolfpawnat, theres nothing worse. I always have had this stupid phobia of using public toilets when i get caught, i need to confront it soon i think :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Tlachtga wrote: »
    On the bright side, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow, so all the nausea and vomiting and fatigue will magically vanish from midnight tonight ... right? :pac:

This didn't happen. :(

• Advertisement

Im very Sorry Tlachtga, thoughts are with you xx

Im very Sorry Tlachtga, thoughts are with you xx

Haha ah I'm only messing about expecting it to stop at twelve weeks ... anyways it could be a lot worse!!! I just complain about it more than most. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Tlachta, I'm like you and hoping that magically next Friday all my symptoms will disappear but I think I might end up sorely disappointed. My IBS is causing my insides to feel like acid is flowing through my digestive tract. which means I just don't feel like eating anything. But if I don't eat then I end up 100 times worse and when I do eat I vomit everything up. But even if I don't eat I have horrendous retching which is actually worse than properly vomiting.

My big upset today are runny eggs. I would sell my husband to be allowed to have a nice soft boiled egg in a cup like when I was a kid and not feeling well. Or a poached egg. Oh it would be so wonderful.

haha, getting tired at running up and down to toilet, i just want to keep showering!!! My friend just said to me, at least your not constipated !! So now im like.... which is worse!!!

Funnily enough, I've had IBS for years, but all of the symptoms have completely disappeared the last couple of months!

I'm sure that's too good to last though ...

• Advertisement

Funnily enough, I've had IBS for years, but all of the symptoms have completely disappeared the last couple of months!

You may be lucky! I can hear my neighbour cleaning. Shes making me feel bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

My IBS cleared up in pregnancy too - apparently it's really common. I also read sometimes it doesn't come back! My little man is only a week old so I can't tell you if it's true or not yet but wouldn't it be fab if it was?!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

29 weeks and I'm still waiting for it to happen. You have my deepest sympathies... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

my IBS disappeared in my first pregnancy. was awful for the first 14 weeks or so of this one but seems to be calming again now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Mine started easing up about 14 weeks. But sloooowly. Still feel a bit ick sometimes.

I had IBS before my last pregnancy and it never came back after.

*touches all the wood*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Think it was around 17 weeks for me.

Roesy wrote: »
    Think it was around 17 weeks for me.

It wasn't until 21/22 weeks for me and even after that I 'd still puke every few dsys (but compared to before that was great!) sorry to be the bearer of bad news! I was also hoping at 12 weeks it would magically stop. Every week that passed people would say oh 14 weeks you'll be grand, then it became 16 weeks and so on. It did go away though - and I was pretty bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Had my little ones 1st birthday party yesterday so spent the day running around and eating junk food - couldn't sleep then thanks to heart burn and sciatica! Didn't get heartburn the last time till 36 weeks looks like I'm going to get a full trimester of it now! Going to have to avoid all the nice foods!!

Any tips for getting a very breach baby to flip over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

lmullen wrote: »
    Had my little ones 1st birthday party yesterday so spent the day running around and eating junk food - couldn't sleep then thanks to heart burn and sciatica! Didn't get heartburn the last time till 36 weeks looks like I'm going to get a full trimester of it now! Going to have to avoid all the nice foods!!

Any tips for getting a very breach baby to flip over?

Our midwife at our antenatal classes told us she knew of one women who was breach at 36 weeks with no sign of the baby moving who literally got down on all fours with her bum in the air for an hour and a half every evening to try to get the baby to move! Apparently it did eventually move into the right position! I suppose you have to decide which is going to give you and the baby more pain and discomfort. Our midwife also recommended the website spinningbabies.com. I think there are exercises on there for you to get baby to move its head south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Kind of off topic, but does anyone know any home remedies for fungal nail infection that's ok for during pregnancy? I'd like to clear it up before labour ha!

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    Kind of off topic, but does anyone know any home remedies for fungal nail infection that's ok for during pregnancy? I'd like to clear it up before labour ha!

Actually, I would be interested in an answer to that too.

Me too!! I've only just heard that you can't wear nail varnish in labour!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'd say a trip to the pharmacist, lassies.

I had this problem for years. I went to a chiropodist and got the best advice to prevent / slowly treat fungal things in feet. Have a separate towel for your feet and dry them thoroughly. I used to just give em a rub, but after I started that my nails cleared up and I haven't had a bout of athlete's foot since.

Talcum powder in the socks too.

I used to put a little tea tree on too in the beginning, but I'm not sure that's okay in pregnancy.

Me too! I'm clear of all polish, I hate it! Thought to myself oh I can put clear polish on, but obviously i can't :P

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd say a trip to the pharmacist, lassies.

I was in the chemist this evening, she said she didn't have anything and to ask the doctor. I'm in the hospital in the morning so I'll ask n let everyone know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

Really!!!! I never knew that! Do you know why?

McBubbles wrote: »

In case you need an emergency section. My sister had a lovely pedicure done a week before her 1st baby, one one the midwives saw it and whipped it off, left her with awful pink-smeared rank toenails!

In all fairness, even if I had any nail varnish, never in a million years could I put it on. Socks and shoes are nigh on impossible these days. I spent 20 minutes trying to tidy "down there" yesterday not sure how it went, can't see a thing. I was so tired today, could barely stay awake, it is now near midnight and I can't sleep :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

McBubbles wrote: »

On a section they need to keep an eye on your circulation and if your nails go blue its a sign you might be going into shock.

My nurses were so blasé about mine telling me my toenail polish was too pretty to take off and I was chuffed. It's only afterwards that I realised that it was said probably not to make me panic but they were needing to the baby out in minutes and the time taking off the polish would have taken too long for it to be safe for baby. God they were brilliantly efficient and I'm forever thankful I didn't know at the time how touch and go it was.

• Advertisement

We were told you can wear nail varnish because it's easily removed if you have to have a section and they have to check your nail beds for oxygen levels. You shouldn't have gel/shellac nails though cos they can't take it off! I had a French manicure on when I have birth :)

Advertisement