Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Oh I'm cranky today. Just snapped at my brother for chewing loudly on food! It's disgusting anyway, but there was no need to snap. Also have a splitting headache, heartburn, and nausea :( i knew i should have rang in sick! plus my computer is being a tw*t and annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

chewing loudly would annoy anyone, just the pregnant, exhausted sister snapped first. He'll be fine.

heartburn is driving me mad too. you poor thing being in work and feeling so crap :( one week. just think this time next week you'll have only the one day left. not that it helps how you feel right now.

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    chewing loudly would annoy anyone, just the pregnant, exhausted sister snapped first. He'll be fine.

heartburn is driving me mad too. you poor thing being in work and feeling so crap :( one week. just think this time next week you'll have only the one day left. not that it helps how you feel right now.

He's getting used to the mood swings, but i still feel bad because he has no clue what's going on. Just on a short fuse at the moment!

Are you taking anything for the heartburn? I think i got it because i'm drinking orange juice :( on the plus side, it's 11am already, and it's pay day and i'm going to go shopping after work because i feel sorry for myself :P that's amazing to hear, this time next week i'll have HALF a day left.. we get half days on fridays :):) wow! i won't know what to do with myself!

Don't say that. you'll jinx yourself. you will sit around and relax, since we don't tend to sleep due to our bellies. and you'll watch your dvd's.

i just take milk, everything else sets it off :( weetabix set it off yesterday, that was random enough.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Don't say that. you'll jinx yourself. you will sit around and relax, since we don't tend to sleep due to our bellies. and you'll watch your dvd's.

i just take milk, everything else sets it off :( weetabix set it off yesterday, that was random enough.

Milk can be bad as it contains lactic acid though.

I was popping the Rennees last time. Hopefully won't need them as much this time. //wishful thinking

• Advertisement

Yeah I can't wait until that boxset arrives :)

Sometimes milk works for me, or yogurt! Milk actually quenches my thirst sometimes too!

I just looked up the milk thing there as I wan't sure exactly what I had read about it.

Apparently it can help in the short term but causes extra acid (more than before) after a couple of hours.

Waiting at the hospital here. Now I get that it is hot and I understand that we are all annoyed as we will all be waiting for hours, but some of these women are driving me mad There are not enough seats so many are standing, but there is no one here more important than anyone else. Is it wrong of me to think any arrogant or racist cows should be told to leave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

well I got sick ALL OVER myself in the car this morning. All over my top, and a bit on my trousers. I just couldn't get my head into the plastic bag quick enough. Cleaned myself up as best I could with baby wipes and then when I got to work washed out my top and dried it under the hand dryer. Then did the same for the patches on my trousers. It actually smells of nice hand soap, but I am convinced I smell of vomit.

Even after I evacuated everything in my digestive system, my body still wanted to retch violently and I ended up with just water and bile coming up. Then my throat was burning for ages.

That all stopped about 12.30, so I went and had lunch of stodgy pasta (stodgy food helps a bit). Let it settle, took my anti-sickness about 15 mins later. Felt grand until about 20 mins ago. Now the urge to heave-ho is back. :(

So the anti-nausea tablets I got (stemetil) are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot - I can't take them on an empty stomach, if I take them when I eat, they are not in my system long enough to stop the vomiting and then they come up with the food about 20 mins later.

want to cry today. :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Oh God - you poor thing! Go to your hospital if you keep puking and get put on the drip, a girl I work with had hyperemesis and she was in hospital at least once a week for the drip - she said she felt loads better each time.

• Advertisement

Oh HL. There is nothing worse. It is the pits. With nothing left it actually feels worse and hurts.

it is the one upside to later pregnancy. it will hopefully only be until week 14/15

well I'm week 12 already and this vomiting has only started in the last 2 weeks and has been getting steadily worse. I was in the hospital last Monday as my GP was a bit concerned about this new development and the fact I had a dull backache. But they checked me out in the hospital, did a scan, urine sample etc, said all was fine, babies are fine, its unusual but not unheard of for sickness to start so late in the first trimester and the usual twins, double the sickness, double the tiredness, blah blah. They gave me the stemetil and told me to only use it if I really need it - I think projectile vomiting all over yourself counts as needing it. But it hasn't made a whole heap of difference.

I am drinking plenty of water to combat the dehydration so don't think I need worry about drips etc.

I'm just worn out from it. I would actually go home except that I feel so wretched that I don't know if I can face the car again!

And you're right - the retching with no vomiting is more painful and tiring. And it gives me a banging headache.

:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

urgh, this reflux/heartburn/whatever-the-heck-it-is is really beginning to annoy me. I feel I've got something stuck in the back of my throat constantly. I'm not even hungry properly anymore, but I know I have to eat, and eat good stuff too, for me and the bump. But I just don't feel like eating anything :(
    (and I won't start on the compression stockings again... all I can say is :( :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Oh HL I can really feel your pain. I'm 30 weeks and have hyperemesis since gestational week 3, was puking 20 times a day. Even woke in the middle of the night to puke! Hell doesn't begin to describe it and like yourself, I found the stemetil wasn't worth the prescription it was written on. I was up to the hospital twice a week for fluids.
    Eventually we found that zofran worked and it's been a godsend! I still have to take it everyday to keep the mega vomits at bay, I would like to kiss the person who invented it :-)
    Some gp's are funny about prescribing it though, my own wouldnt until he got the written ok from my consultant, and even then was still reluctant! Up until 2 weeks ago when I ran out of zofran and ended up having a pukefest in the surgery. 3 month prescription, thank you very much :-D

I have this horrible pain to the side of my belly (bump) with half an hour, it is like a stitch, only normally with stitches I just stretch for a moment or two and they buggar off. This won't and is fairly sore. Anyone else get this?

I have this horrible pain to the side of my belly (bump) with half an hour, it is like a stitch, only normally with stitches I just stretch for a moment or two and they buggar off. This won't and is fairly sore. Anyone else get this?

Yeah, I had it almost constantly with James.

Apparently it was the strain on my back muscles causing one of my stretched tummy muscles to spasm. :(

Rest and a few standing yoga stretches could help, but mostly I had to live with it.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Yeah, I had it almost constantly with James.

Apparently it was the strain on my back muscles causing one of my stretched tummy muscles to spasm. :(

Rest and a few standing yoga stretches could help, but mostly I had to live with it.

Yeah, it is a pain.....literally!!! With Aidan I never knew what it was and hunched (last thing you should do with a stitch) this time I just stretch and it helps, todays, are particularly sore but I will say it when I am in today if it doesn't go away. Took a shower there and feel a little better.

Still a bit annoyed over yesterday (ranted over on the July Thread re dismissive and patronising doctor). One idiot can really put a dampener on the day :(

So the short fuse has continued to today. First I bought leggings in my usual size but they're swimming on me. I haven't got around to doing a wash yet, so had nothing else to wear. They were €4 in penneys so I assume either the material is crap or i've actually lost a bit of weight. But anyway, they keep falling down. Then my dress keeps getting caught up in my bag so have to keep pulling it down. This disrupts my leggings and they start falling down again. Then have to go upstairs on the bus as there's no seats downstairs. This is getting more and more dangerous. Of course, leggings fall down further as i sit down. I'm not one to start fixing myself in public so dread the moment i've to get up. Now they're not actually around my ankles, like i'm making it sound, just my love handles are hanging out uncomfortably and i can't fix without pulling up my dress! So then getting off the bus, going down stairs is tricky anyway, but with bump and no balance, and ABSOLUTELY AWFUL DRIVERS!!! :@ i'm falling all over the place. Have to get another bus who also happens to have a terrible driver. Then I get in to work, and there's a new guy and he's asking all these questions. I've gone through everything with him before but he asks stupid questions. I understand he's new and nervous and wants to do the right thing, but i wish he'd use his brain and look at his notes!! Then there's documents due today and I notice the girl responsible has sent the wrong ones and i have to chase them now. Along with the extra three hours we are meant to work today for being "punished", it looks like it's going to be a crazy day!! (i did laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation with the leggings though)!!!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Some gp's are funny about prescribing it though, my own wouldnt until he got the written ok from my consultant, and even then was still reluctant! Up until 2 weeks ago when I ran out of zofran and ended up having a pukefest in the surgery. 3 month prescription, thank you very much :-D

Yeah, my GP won't prescribe anything - literally anything - during pregnancy. Passes the buck to the hospital each time, even to the point of telling me if I can't wait until my next appointment to go to A&E :rolleyes: I reckon even if the hospital give me something she won't give a repeat prescription and will send me back to the hospital.

Great use of resources, eh? So much for combined care, all the GP ever does is check BP and check urine. Any issues and I'll be sent into the hospital or told to ask at my next appointment. Money for old rope if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

yeah the combined care seems to be a bit ... odd? Went to the hospital yesterday, they took bloods, I joked with the nurse, oh don't give me another bruise, my GP did that two weeks ago.
    Nurse: Oh, really did the GP take your bloods too, which GP are you with?
    Me: GP xyz in Galway
    Nurse: ah, we wouldn't be getting those results ...
    wha'? not talking to each other? What's the point then?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

To add to the ickiness of the heat, I have a stitch in my side, my 20 month old has entered the terrible twos.....

I may have a UTI, am waiting for lab results....My hands & feet hurt , my feet feel twice the size.

I'm.hot, tired, sore and my spd is a b***h
    I just feel fed up.... I cannot cope with toddler after 5 pm....

Moan moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Stupid throwing up and gag reflex when trying to brush teeth - dentist told me i have to get two fillings :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Went to bed at 10 last night, only just awake now. You'd think after 12 hours I'd be bright eyed and bushy tailed!! Nope, just feel groggy. Woke a good few times during the night but fell back to sleep easily enough. Little fecker kept kicking like mad when I turned onto my left side though. Must have been squashing my poor baby!

Oh man. My toddler wet his bed twice last night (and the night before, and on yesterday's nap).

I feel like I've been washing sheets constantly. He was doing so well too. :(

I'd love to go back to bed, but sitting here waiting for Mr. Tesco!

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh man. My toddler wet his bed twice last night (and the night before, and on yesterday's nap).

I feel like I've been washing sheets constantly. He was doing so well too. :(

I'd love to go back to bed, but sitting here waiting for Mr. Tesco!

My guy went back to wetting himself last week, he has thankfully stopped again, but washing sheets is no fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Apologies in advance...

I'm having a low day... Having just got over diarrhea and alls good in the stomach (touch wood) I realised yesterday would have been my due date. I thought I was ok but the tears started last night and I'm just down since I woke up. I'm gone back to bed now.

My elderly neighbour passed away yesterday morning. I was very fond of him. I still haven't gone in to pay my respects to his wife..... I don't want to go in on my own, so waiting for OH to finish work...

Without going into too much detail my social welfare has been cut, I'm finding it a struggle. We are lucky in regards that bills and mortgage are still being paid but watching every €1 is hard, even if I'm penneys now and I see something I have to do a calculation to see if I can afford it, or do I keep money for petrol.
    2 friends keep asking me to do stuff and between from sickness and pregnancy I kept saying no.... So they just invited me to afternoon tea next week. I couldn't say no for the third week...... I haven't told them about my circumstances, I just don't want to.

I would love to have the motivation to have a shower but I really don't.... Bean is kicking me now.... The only thing keeping me sane ......

Sorry about my essay xx

Apologies in advance...

I'm having a low day... Having just got over diarrhea and alls good in the stomach (touch wood) I realised yesterday would have been my due date. I thought I was ok but the tears started last night and I'm just down since I woke up. I'm gone back to bed now.

My elderly neighbour passed away yesterday morning. I was very fond of him. I still haven't gone in to pay my respects to his wife..... I don't want to go in on my own, so waiting for OH to finish work...

Without going into too much detail my social welfare has been cut, I'm finding it a struggle. We are lucky in regards that bills and mortgage are still being paid but watching every €1 is hard, even if I'm penneys now and I see something I have to do a calculation to see if I can afford it, or do I keep money for petrol.
    2 friends keep asking me to do stuff and between from sickness and pregnancy I kept saying no.... So they just invited me to afternoon tea next week. I couldn't say no for the third week...... I haven't told them about my circumstances, I just don't want to.

I would love to have the motivation to have a shower but I really don't.... Bean is kicking me now.... The only thing keeping me sane ......

Sorry about my essay xx

Don't apologise. We all have shítty days and clearly today you have had enough, nothing wrong with that.

I understand the finances thing. I have to buy something every week cause I cannot afford them together. Seriously I had to wait this week to get hats for the baby, and socks next week for me. It is that tight for cash! Bills are crushing us at the moment too :( I know your pain.

I feel for you on the diarrhea thing, I had it for a week and I have to be very careful now with my iron being low so I have to take tablets, and balancing it carefully with fibre because I don't want to get constipated and I have hemorrhoids too. It is a delicate balance!

Sorry to hear about your neighbour too :(

And when you buy stuff your So excited... I'm buying a few bits every few weeks,OH gave me some yesterday as my friend was bringing back clothes to new look 30 miles from us and asked me to go for the spin.... The amount of baby stuff I got for 15 in dunnes I was delighted with.... They had a reduced table... OH mam is buying stuff too, which I really appreciate but I feel she's buying stuff I should be getting... And she has loads...

OH is working extra hours every week as he's trying to build up hols. He wants to take 3 weeks in oct and 1 week for Christmas... He's wrecked when he's home so I try not to be getting on to him but sometimes it's hard not to say anything....

I'm happy my stomach seems somewhat normal..... I'm trying to build up my appetite again as I wasn't eating much last week....

I need to find a book to get lost in..... It's a long time since I read a book :-(

Are you finding the right balance between the tablets and fibre.....?

And when you buy stuff your So excited... I'm buying a few bits every few weeks,OH gave me some yesterday as my friend was bringing back clothes to new look 30 miles from us and asked me to go for the spin.... The amount of baby stuff I got for 15 in dunnes I was delighted with.... They had a reduced table... OH mam is buying stuff too, which I really appreciate but I feel she's buying stuff I should be getting... And she has loads...

OH is working extra hours every week as he's trying to build up hols. He wants to take 3 weeks in oct and 1 week for Christmas... He's wrecked when he's home so I try not to be getting on to him but sometimes it's hard not to say anything....

I'm happy my stomach seems somewhat normal..... I'm trying to build up my appetite again as I wasn't eating much last week....

I need to find a book to get lost in..... It's a long time since I read a book :-(

Are you finding the right balance between the tablets and fibre.....?

My OH is doing/will also be doing after baby is born hours most people in full time jobs wouldn't do, and....... he doesn't get a penny, we have the hours of work, without the slightly nice extra of the cash :(

We don't even have people getting us stuff, I am just so lucky I kept so much of my son's things. I just had to get a few little extras, but each week I have to set myself a budget of 10e max to get anything new. It is so crap, but I know the feeling of "I want to get it, I don't want others to get it for me" the joy I had yesterday getting the hats with my son, it's not the same when others do it.

I am reading when I get a chance, just that is fairly seldom, I am reading Jurassic Park at the moment, it was so funny at my appointment last week at the hospital when I pulled out that book :D

I was terrified I was not gaining weight or at least not getting the baby to bulk up with the upset stomach, so I eat whatever I can now. But it put on over a pound in 2 weeks so that is good. the average is half a pound a week, but we need to be storing for milk and labour too, so eat what you can.

It is a very delicate balance, not going into TMI, I am being very careful. At least 2 weetabix a day, regulating caffeine intake, I swear I feel like I am an athlete going into a competition some times.

• Advertisement

My OH is doing/will also be doing after baby is born hours most people in full time jobs wouldn't do, and....... he doesn't get a penny, we have the hours of work, without the slightly nice extra of the cash :(

We don't even have people getting us stuff, I am just so lucky I kept so much of my son's things. I just had to get a few little extras, but each week I have to set myself a budget of 10e max to get anything new. It is so crap, but I know the feeling of "I want to get it, I don't want others to get it for me" the joy I had yesterday getting the hats with my son, it's not the same when others do it.

I am reading when I get a chance, just that is fairly seldom, I am reading Jurassic Park at the moment, it was so funny at my appointment last week at the hospital when I pulled out that book :D

I was terrified I was not gaining weight or at least not getting the baby to bulk up with the upset stomach, so I eat whatever I can now. But it put on over a pound in 2 weeks so that is good. the average is half a pound a week, but we need to be storing for milk and labour too, so eat what you can.

It is a very delicate balance, not going into TMI, I am being very careful. At least 2 weetabix a day, regulating caffeine intake, I swear I feel like I am an athlete going into a competition some times.

It's not fair there's no paid paternity leave. A week at the most would be brilliant... No matter what you buy yourself for baby, there's always a thrill when getting it... Everything OHS mam has bought is for her house..... She lives less then 5 minutes away... I will need him to fight her off....

Haha Jurassic park, I bought that book for himself. His favourite film ever.... I can safely say I have seen it over 50 times....

You have good discipline with it.... Your DD must be soon?

Advertisement