Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

It's not fair there's no paid paternity leave. A week at the most would be brilliant... No matter what you buy yourself for baby, there's always a thrill when getting it... Everything OHS mam has bought is for her house..... She lives less then 5 minutes away... I will need him to fight her off....

Haha Jurassic park, I bought that book for himself. His favourite film ever.... I can safely say I have seen it over 50 times....

You have good discipline with it.... Your DD must be soon?

I love the movie, it was on recently and my 4 year old went nuts watching it, he loved it (not really good 4 yo viewing but he loves dinosaurs) my partner got the book in a charity shop (we have a library at this stage) so I said I would read the book (even better than the movie!) Women were just staring at me, it was a bit odd in all fairness!

I love just looking at the clothes and getting them. The OH's mother bought two outfits and I just thought, "oh thanks" but the little hats made me far more excited. The OH's mother went mad buying stuff for our last one, this time she has no interest (she keeps saying the baby is nuisance-ly timed and that we did it to annoy her, blah blah, she is like that) but she was like that with my son too so I can guarantee I will have the same issues again when this one is born. :rolleyes: Jesus, the other side of Ireland is too close for my OH, 5 min away would terrify me no end!

36 and a half weeks now, so nearly there. Haven't slept properly in weeks, and won't until it is about a year old :pac: It is worth it and everything, but I could do with say 2 days of just being not pregnant, get jobs done, sleep caught up on and body looked after to get through the rest. Wishful thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Mother in law related rant... I swear she thinks I am an useless mother... My oh resorted to telling her that " fbeag is my son as I was yours mum"

Sick of it...

Oh is working again today... One of those weeks... Came home from friends BBQ to have small man puke over putting too much food in his mouth , resulted in me puking over cleaning up his. the heat makes his tummy funny
    Then he cheered up, ran straight in my hip with his head.. The sore one.
    I now feel guilty for shouting at him, We were both crying at one point...

A crazy hour...

Mother in law related rant... I swear she thinks I am an useless mother... My oh resorted to telling her that " fbeag is my son as I was yours mum"

Sick of it...

Oh is working again today... One of those weeks... Came home from friends BBQ to have small man puke over putting too much food in his mouth , resulted in me puking over cleaning up his. the heat makes his tummy funny
    Then he cheered up, ran straight in my hip with his head.. The sore one.
    I now feel guilty for shouting at him, We were both crying at one point...

A crazy hour...

Know the feeling with the MIL, trust me.

My one thought I made this for her, found it one day.

Rottenecards_3448894_qpt2sqxwfk.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I have a contanst back ache n regular braxton hicks! I'm trying not to laugh that it might mean something. I know it probably doesn't though. I can't stop finding it funny.. very weird reaction to the possibility of the start of labour! But i doubt it's anything! :| ironic thing is if it IS something, I won't be laughing for long! :P

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Know the feeling with the MIL, trust me.

My one thought I made this for her, found it one day.

Rottenecards_3448894_qpt2sqxwfk.png

thanks made me laugh.
    Feeling fairly ****e tbh.......
    I needed a laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

thanks made me laugh.
    Feeling fairly ****e tbh.......
    I needed a laugh.

Is your hip better?

We all need a good laugh! Im trying to find my late nannys video of brendan o carroll "Hows your Snowballs" but just remembered my brother bought me mrs browns boys boxset,,,, :)

Im a gaa person at heart but today i have no interest in hurling or anything....

Loubian, hope your feeling good!!!

Is your hip better?

We all need a good laugh! Im trying to find my late nannys video of brendan o carroll "Hows your Snowballs" but just remembered my brother bought me mrs browns boys boxset,,,, :)

Im a gaa person at heart but today i have no interest in hurling or anything....

Loubian, hope your feeling good!!!

regarding my hip I have developing SPD so its still annoying. I have gotten support belt but waiting fir appointment to see physio in CUMH.
    Its Another 3-4 week wait....

The terrible twos have hit with vengence in our house which I'm not able for.

regarding my hip I have developing SPD so its still annoying. I have gotten support belt but waiting fir appointment to see physio in CUMH.
    Its Another 3-4 week wait....

The terrible twos have hit with vengence in our house which I'm not able for.

I have my 1st physio appointment Wednesday but my doctor thinks i may have it too. So you have my sympathies....

I do have my pwn physio but this new physio deals with pregnancy so going to give her a try....

I have my 1st physio appointment Wednesday but my doctor thinks i may have it too. So you have my sympathies....

I do have my pwn physio but this new physio deals with pregnancy so going to give her a try....

yeah the physio I went too said I need to see a maternity physio.... its an annoying thing.

I also had leukocytes in urine at my checkup last week so waiting on lab results.. My nurse thinks it could be kidney /uti... Wonder if this is why I feel so off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Why do the smelly b@stards always insist on sitting beside me on the bus? :(

As if my tummy wasn't feeling rough enough already!!

• Advertisement

Tlachtga wrote: »
    Why do the smelly b@stards always insist on sitting beside me on the bus? :(

As if my tummy wasn't feeling rough enough already!!

I really hate that, do these people not know the water charges aren't in until next year?

Headache this morning, was over tired going to bed last night and woke up at 7:30 thinking I was doing good, until myself and himself had an argument and woke the small man (well I think we did, he could have woken himself) and have a terrible headache now. My OH's mother is having heart tests done today and we are pretty sure they will be a lot worse than she will let on so he is very stressed about that.

On the upside, I got so annoyed I cleaned the sitting room and bathroom.

I really hate that, do these people not know the water charges aren't in until next year?

Headache this morning, was over tired going to bed last night and woke up at 7:30 thinking I was doing good, until myself and himself had an argument and woke the small man (well I think we did, he could have woken himself) and have a terrible headache now. My OH's mother is having heart tests done today and we are pretty sure they will be a lot worse than she will let on so he is very stressed about that.

On the upside, I got so annoyed I cleaned the sitting room and bathroom.

Haha me and oh had a row at 7.30 this morning.... I ended up sorting all the washing... All i got was "do u want a hand with that" no i want u to do it, i can just about bend down to the machine but your grand finish your breakfast and leave all the dishes there and i will wash them up and walk the dog...

Have to breathe now... Docs at 10.30 so need to keep down bp

Ugh smelly people.... Its warm out people, be nice and wear deodrant!!

is it weird that I kept deodrant in a backpack with me at all times. i may not always have everything i need, but damn it i wont stink!

i hate not being able to pick things up these days, though i usually ask my son to get them for me, i rather not though. but i had the OH mad because I usually cook his breakfast while he brushes his teeth and the like and I slept in this morning apparently even though I had no idea when anyone was getting up.

then the cat got sick and he asked "what did you do to him?" like I knew what the hell happened, he's the vet for goodness sake not me!

but as I said, he is stressed today for his mother, but also some days men suffer pregnancy crap too. apparently they have discovered men suffer pnd too.

harmony is restored now though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭DoctorBoo

In a foul mood today - not sure why. I even had a great weekend... I think the tiredness is getting me down :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I *think* my MS is starting to allieviate. I finished my extra progesterone protocol last Friday, and Saturday was pretty grim with lots of puking, Sunday only puked twice and was feeling a lot brighter by about 2pm and today only puked once.

I'm not sure if I am getting better, as I have a terrible head cold and I'm all congested and I always have an icky stomach when I'm like that anyway, so I can't tell if I feel a bit icky from the cold or from MS. I am hoping its from the cold as that will (touch wood) be gone in a few days.

If it is from the cold then it means my suspicion about the progesterone being the culprit for my flare up in morning sickness was right.

Hoping the best for you HL xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm not getting my hopes up, but I *think* my MS is starting to allieviate. I finished my extra progesterone protocol last Friday, and Saturday was pretty grim with lots of puking, Sunday only puked twice and was feeling a lot brighter by about 2pm and today only puked once.

I'm not sure if I am getting better, as I have a terrible head cold and I'm all congested and I always have an icky stomach when I'm like that anyway, so I can't tell if I feel a bit icky from the cold or from MS. I am hoping its from the cold as that will (touch wood) be gone in a few days.

If it is from the cold then it means my suspicion about the progesterone being the culprit for my flare up in morning sickness was right.

Progesterone is supposedly what causes MS so any reduction in progesterone will hopefully make you feel better!!!

Have this weird prickly feeling like there's something crawling on me, it's so annoying. It's been there all day :(

I am so tired today :( I'm not sleeping great :( hurry up friday!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

loubian wrote: »
    I am so tired today :( I'm not sleeping great :( hurry up friday!!

I know the feeling. My little one woke at 1am last night and there was no way I was getting up to her. I kicked himself out of the bed twice. Never mind that its difficult to get to sleep and then stay asleep, never mind that the quality of sleep is fairly bad - I didn't think I could actually bend my body out of the bed.

This morning I've an app with the midwives. And thank god for the domino scheme so it's an actual app rather than waiting for three hours inside in Holles st. But running the last 100 yards at 34 wks pregnant while pushing a buggy up an incline to catch the Luas, spending precious moments paying (flashing the card) and having the door slam shut in my face does not make for a happy bunny. I cried. :(

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Progesterone is supposedly what causes MS so any reduction in progesterone will hopefully make you feel better!!!

Yeah you're right. My problem was that in addition to the normal progesterone I was put on a progesterone protocol as well due to having IVF. So I was on daily tablets, gel and injections! And although they commented in the hospital that this was 'overkill' (their words) as usually you get one or the other, not all three, it wouldn't do me any harm! Other than initial blood tests they never checked my progesterone, despite me suffering with really bad IBS and then my Ms flaring up, and despite me requesting several times with my GP and hospital that I have bloods done. They said it won't do any harm anyway, so no need to be checking it regularly! :rolleyes: Oh yeah, I'll just suffer needlessly, but sure don't worry about it, I wouldn't like to inconvenience you by asking you to draw some blood! :rolleyes:

Personally, my theory is that as my pregnancy progressed I no longer needed such high doses of the hormone and it was the excess that was causing the symptoms to be so bad. Now that I have stoppded things are slowly improving - still a lot of dry retching and the occasional vom episode, but usually by mid afternoon the symptoms have almost gone - unlike a week ago when I was sick 24/7.

Dear God, some days truly are sent to test us.

My partner's sister decided to email him because his sh*t stirring mother decided to tell her I "was saying derogatory things about her" so my partner decided to find out what these things were, and apparently it's that she doesn't matter. It is a misquote, I said in the grand scheme of things regarding the pregnancy, and my recent rants regarding the constant insistence that the consultant should give me a date for a section so she could get flights and time off work, that the consultant doesn't care about her, and to me, I have more important things to worry about. And she has been losing sleep over this and has been really upset over it. Seriously? I never have I met such an over sensitive child in my life, and she is near 50 years old. It has to be said, if you tell her that she looks tired she starts crying, but come on, she lives in a different country, why the hell would I be worrying about her when I am pregnant and trying to keep a family going in Ireland!!!!

And then there was a problem with Airtricity and rather than discuss resolving the problem, the guy on the phone got threatening and rude!!!! :mad: I just burst out crying for ages. 36+ weeks pregnant. I really don't need this crap.

Hugs wolfpawnat.

My moan today is that these midwife 'helplines' (and I use the term 'help' lightly) are a big old swizz, nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Phoned my health insurance midwife line. Explained I have a head cold since Saturday, and was there anything that is safe - even natural remedies or if she could recommend some practical tips that might help. So she went through what felt like literally 100 questions and after 15 mins on the phone the answer was....go to your maternity hospital within the next 6 hours. This is the same answer I got a few weeks ago when I had a headache and wanted to check if it is ok to take paracetemol!

No wonder the A&E departments are run off their feet! total joke.

She even told me off for using vicks vaporub and said I really shouldn't be even using that without a doctor's supervision! FFS!!!

I am really starting to get the pip with the way pregnant women are almost punished for being ill. I appreciate that there are some medications which should be avoided or only taken under doctors supervision. But then some doctors (like mine) are so strict that they won't even give anything. I mean, there must be safe or very low risk medications for every day complaints like headaches, coughs and colds? for example, what about say baby OTC meds like calpol or something? If that is ok to give to a 2 mth old, then surely the risk to an adult woman and her baby are minimal? I just think it's ludicrous.

As it stands I now have a cold since Saturday and because I am prone to sinus infections I know if I don't clear this up soon I am going to end up with an infection and need antibiotics (which I can't imagine really being any better or worse for the growing babies than a low dose of disprin or childrens cold medicine!)

I will have to go to my GP - who will probably prescribe nothing and insist that I go to the Rotunda. In the meantime the GP clinic will get their payment for my maternity care, despite not actually doing anything. But maybe they will surprise me. I will try to remain optimistic!

So that is my whinge for today. The end. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

That is frustrating Hello Lady! Hope you feel better soon.

My moan for today is spots. I have two very sore, annoying ones after appearing on my jawline since this morning.

Dealing with Airtricity, f*ckers stressing me no end, hopefully I will have them sorted in the next few weeks and will be able to switch providers, but my God at 37 weeks pregnant I don't need rude and threatening calls people.

My moan is i've a bite or something on my foot. It's so itchy! It's making me itchy on my legs! I can't wait to get out of this daily heat torture!! only 2.5 hours left today, then 1.5 days to gooooo!!!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!!! Stupid girl in work, same one who had the heat on in freakin may, just turned off the air con after it being on for TWENTY MINUTES!!! Ugh I want to slap her. Four of us sitting in the GREENHOUSE are boiling n we all voted for it on n she turns it off coz she's 'too cold'. Omg I'm fuming!!! Sorry sorry sorry! Stupid girl!! Thank god I am only in here for 45 mins more, if I'd been in the full day, I'd be putting it straight back on. Grrrrr!!

loubian, that woman would get a jumper and an even colder attitude from me. It is July, we are on the verge of a bloody heatwave! Just remember, a day and a half left and she's not worth the jail time for murder! :D

loubian, that woman would get a jumper and an even colder attitude from me. It is July, we are on the verge of a bloody heatwave! Just remember, a day and a half left and she's not worth the jail time for murder! :D

She even had a face on her turning it off like it was such a bad thing having the air con on.. in july!?!? Some people amaze me! Oh well! I'm finished now!

• Advertisement

a day and a half left. thats all you have to worry about :D

Advertisement