Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Sorted Airtricity, could really have done without that headache, but it is sorted. Plenty of BH's, maybe a spicy chilli is not the smartest dinner these days.

Am I the only one getting tired if I sit still for more than 10 minutes :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »

Am I the only one getting tired if I sit still for more than 10 minutes :(

No, I get tired doing everything now. Sitting still, walking, trying to do sums in my head (for work). My brother asks me if i have work for him, it takes me ten minutes to reply because i'm so exhausted my brain doesn't work properly. I'm so glad i'm finishing in two days, although i wish it was now :( i actually am walking at snail's pace now because my body just isn't able for any kind of fast walking whatsoever!!

loubian wrote: »
    No, I get tired doing everything now. Sitting still, walking, trying to do sums in my head (for work). My brother asks me if i have work for him, it takes me ten minutes to reply because i'm so exhausted my brain doesn't work properly. I'm so glad i'm finishing in two days, although i wish it was now :( i actually am walking at snail's pace now because my body just isn't able for any kind of fast walking whatsoever!!

The walk to my local Tesco is 25 min each way with my son in tow, these days it takes me 2 hours to get there and back and get a few essentials and I can't even blame him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

I had a hectic day yesterday, conked out before midnight last night. I woke at 4 for the bathroom and here i am still awake. My bag is packed for a swim so may head off soon..... Im just sooo tired. But sleep will not be happening ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I know the feeling, I've been like that for a week now :( shattered.

Enjoy your swim :)

• Advertisement

I had a hectic day yesterday, conked out before midnight last night. I woke at 4 for the bathroom and here i am still awake. My bag is packed for a swim so may head off soon..... Im just sooo tired. But sleep will not be happening ;(

Yeah, I woke at 4 and at 5:30 I forced myself back, probably not a good thing, I am actually tired now and I was all bright and active then, I should have just stayed up :(

Bean did not like the cold water.... I prob will sleep later...

We have a dog, shes so placid, and im in love with her. Shes not a house dog but we have her kennel in the shed and its all nice and warm for her. I always walked fed and cleaned up after her. Now i can just about feed her and can manage to walk down the green and leave her off for a half hour. Oh dosent realise the garden needs to be cleaned everyday and i cracked up last night. It just looks rotton.... And it was still there this morning.... I have tried to do it but physically cant.

More of a rant than a moan but I have been craving burger king all day, I go in n they've no veggie burgers left n I'm STARVING n I'm pissed off now. Plus caught sight of myself and I look dreadful :( so pale and tired... ugh moany moany moan!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Hi all,

this might be a TMI post.

hope everyone is doing ok. i was at casualty the other night. thought i was leaking amniotic fluid. well the discharge was a little watery which worried me. did a quick scanand baby was moving nobother andplentyof fluid. did a test too and that provedthat it wasnt amniotic fluid leaking. what a relief. she was lovely and said dont hesitate in coming back if i feel i need to.

just wondering has anyone else had this type of discharge? i get it on and off. just so worrying even though i now know its ok. has anyone had amniotic fluid leaking? im trying to figure out what the difference is. the doc did explain it but i wasnt really listenin cos i was so relieved :rolleyes:

Hi all,

this might be a TMI post.

hope everyone is doing ok. i was at casualty the other night. thought i was leaking amniotic fluid. well the discharge was a little watery which worried me. did a quick scanand baby was moving nobother andplentyof fluid. did a test too and that provedthat it wasnt amniotic fluid leaking. what a relief. she was lovely and said dont hesitate in coming back if i feel i need to.

just wondering has anyone else had this type of discharge? i get it on and off. just so worrying even though i now know its ok. has anyone had amniotic fluid leaking? im trying to figure out what the difference is. the doc did explain it but i wasnt really listenin cos i was so relieved :rolleyes:

Hey, I had that scare a few months back too. Thankfully like you, I wasn't leaking either. I get watery discharge now and again, I noticed that it's more watery ehen I'm warm n rushing around. I read or was told that if you're constantly soaking your underwear or pads (if you wear them) than it's more than likely amniotic fluid, but if you're not soaking them, I.e. changing them a lot, it's just urine (from baby sitting on bladder), normal discharge or natural vaginal fluid which increases as we get further into our pregnancy. I think if the water/discharge is off colour though, like bloody or brown, they say it's probably best to get checked out. But it's normally just our bodies reacting to the pregnancy :)

When is this burst of energy going to kick in? I'm so freaking tired, I have no energy to even bring a glass to the sink n wash it :( I have so much stuff to do, but I can't even begin to face it :(

• Advertisement

loubian wrote: »
    Hey, I had that scare a few months back too. Thankfully like you, I wasn't leaking either. I get watery discharge now and again, I noticed that it's more watery ehen I'm warm n rushing around. I read or was told that if you're constantly soaking your underwear or pads (if you wear them) than it's more than likely amniotic fluid, but if you're not soaking them, I.e. changing them a lot, it's just urine (from baby sitting on bladder), normal discharge or natural vaginal fluid which increases as we get further into our pregnancy. I think if the water/discharge is off colour though, like bloody or brown, they say it's probably best to get checked out. But it's normally just our bodies reacting to the pregnancy :)

When is this burst of energy going to kick in? I'm so freaking tired, I have no energy to even bring a glass to the sink n wash it :( I have so much stuff to do, but I can't even begin to face it :(

thanks a mill. makes sense!! :)

how many weeks are you now?im 20 weeks :)

i get that alot too red, it's more than likely just increased vaginal fluid. it would scare you, i had a load of it the other day, got a bit of a scare. it soaked my underwear :o but it was just vaginal fluid. really gross.

thanks a mill. makes sense!! :)

how many weeks are you now?im 20 weeks :)

Im 37+3! So near yet so far! :)
    It would scare you if you're not quite sure! But I think you get used to your bodily functions so you get to know what's ok n what's not :)

i get that alot too red, it's more than likely just increased vaginal fluid. it would scare you, i had a load of it the other day, got a bit of a scare. it soaked my underwear :o but it was just vaginal fluid. really gross.

yeh i know! and yet another thing for us to have a little worry about!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I feel like a right moany fecker this morning. Had a really disturbed night sleep last night(what's new these days!). Just got into a deep sleep about half an hou ago and the carpenter who is doing work in our house arrived an hour early. Normally a cause for celebration but not when I have to get up earlier!

Also(possibly tmi) was tidying up down below last night and noticed 3 weird looking small, brown freckle/mole like things just on inside of my labia. Husband has never noticed them before and it's such an awkward position that I haven't. He says go to dr but the female gp is away at the moment. Have midwife appointment Monday. I might say it then and see what she says. Slightly freaked out though. I wonder is it just another weird and wonderful pregnancy symptom?!?

Oh, and think I'm after at least spraining my two smallest toes on one of my feet. Got up to go to the bathroom during the night and lashed it off the foot of the bed. Ow!

I'm like a bag of cats this morning and should be in great form as husband is whisking me off to a fancy hotel with an unreal restaurant for the night. Have to pull myself together before he gets home!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Skin pigmentation darkens when you're pregnant and I know I certainly have freckles now in places that have never seen the sunlight. I'd still get it checked out though all the same.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Skin pigmentation darkens when you're pregnant and I know I certainly have freckles now in places that have never seen the sunlight. I'd still get it checked out though all the same.

Will do. It's just the male gp who is there at the moment is really old school. A couple of years ago when blood tests came back saying my prolactin was out he was all a bother over it because really one of the women in the practice would be better suited/more equipped to sort it out. I can imagine what he'd be like if I went to him with this.

Roesy wrote: »
    Will do. It's just the male gp who is there at the moment is really old school. A couple of years ago when blood tests came back saying my prolactin was out he was all a bother over it because really one of the women in the practice would be better suited/more equipped to sort it out. I can imagine what he'd be like if I went to him with this.

You can always phone the midwives in your hospital and ask them what they think. Might put your mind at ease.

You can always phone the midwives in your hospital and ask them what they think. Might put your mind at ease.

It is probably just the weird and wonderful world of pregnancy but I just rang gp to make an appointment for next week and apparently there is a female doctor I can see today. Not my usual one but that's fine. Won't be in my head for the weekend now.

Roesy wrote: »
    It is probably just the weird and wonderful world of pregnancy but I just rang gp to make an appointment for next week and apparently there is a female doctor I can see today. Not my usual one but that's fine. Won't be in my head for the weekend now.

At least it will put your mind at ease!! I have a mark on my forehead, a skin pigmentation and it only came out last week and doc said it was normal!!

Enjoy your night away ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Glad you're getting sorted today Roesy, as DK says its probably just pigmentation but it's best to set your mind at ease.
    On the subject of tidying down there, I undertook some major topiary last night in the bath, but I reckon that's the last time I'll be able to do it!! Could barely reach and had to do most of it by feel - not good to be blindly attacking down there with a blade!! A visit to the beautician in the next few weeks is in order I think. A friend if mine who has a two year old told me that when she went into labour three weeks early, she hadn't had a chance to go to the beautician beforehand. (And hadnr seen past her belly in weeks!) She ended up having an emergency section, all very frightening etc, but after her daughter was successfully delivered and she was being stitched up, her husband turned to her and said, "oh, by the way - the 70's called, they want their pubes back!!" Very funny, but I'd have decked him!! That story reminds me of the importance of maintaining good tidy habits ;)

I tried to clean myself up down below the other day. Can't see a thing so it probably is ridiculous. i never had a wax, wouldn't even know where to find a beauticians.

I went full bush last time. Couldn't have given 2 flips tbh. :)

It's pretty hairy at the moment, though I tried a trim last week.

I'm half considering going to get waxed this turn, but I think if I got an ingrowing hair I couldn't get at I would go mad. :D

Maybe I'll just do what I did last time and leave it til I'm back in the mood for lovin' :pac:

I tried to clean myself up down below the other day. Can't see a thing so it probably is ridiculous. i never had a wax, wouldn't even know where to find a beauticians.

LOL, not something you want to try first time at 9 months pregnant!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

LOL, not something you want to try first time at 9 months pregnant!

But it has been known to induce labour! So my beautician sis in law tells me :-)

really?.................. tempting. part of me wants the baby here asap, it maximises the time my partner is around, but i know I have to sort a few things first.

really?.................. tempting. part of me wants the baby here asap, it maximises the time my partner is around, but i know I have to sort a few things first.

Like everything else non-medical supposed to induce labour, take it with a pinch of salt.

No seriously, you don't want to try this in a place you haven't been before at 9 months. You'd need to have serious trust in them.

Were you much overdue on your first?

I don't want to try at all, I have hair on certain places for a reason, not sure why, but I do! I rather a razor at home.

Only a few days with no.1 At the latest no2 will be 39+5 by section. natural more than likely if I go before. Just getting impatient like every other woman :) getting the last few pieces today.

I had to go up a stairs a min ago and actually was exhausted. i cant sit because the baby is pushing on my nether regions and can't stand because of varicose veins. Not fun.

So I'm back from a stressful trip to the doc. Went in mildly concerned about my new additions to nether regions. Explained to new doctor why I was there and she started asking me loads of questions about whether I was leaking fluid, having pains, feeling movement etc. I said no to pain and fluid and said that I hadn't noticed baby moving yet today but that sometimes I feel him/her more at different times of the day. She checked blood pressure and then said she was going to listen to the baby. Got her Doppler thingy out and then couldn't find the heartbeat for what seemed like forever. She left the room got more gel, then went back to listening. After about 8-10 mins she found the heartbeat. At this stage I was having a mental panic as I hadn't had any concerns going in about the baby. I was reassured by hearing the heartbeat though. She then took a look down below and said it looked like varicose veins :-(
    Thought I was good to go at that stage and then she decided she wanted to ring the midwives in CUMH to get a second opinion. They said they thought everything was okay in the fact that she had heard a healthy strong heartbeat. They said come over during the weekend if movement hadn't picked up or I was in pain. That was fine. Thought I'd be good to go again when the dr decided she wanted to ask another dr in the surgery his opinion. He came in and probably thought I was a panicky first time mother and was being all reassuring. I went in feeling fine and left feeling like a nervous wreck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Yup, her boss even had a lady go 2 weeks early just hours after a wax! And that wasn't the first wax induced labour she heard of. I'm gonna get mine done a week early. :-)

I had my last wax at 5 months for the weeding, I usually shave but had to defuzz for honeymoon. While she warned me it could be more painful than a usual wax as the skin is more sensitive, it really wasn't that bad. Besides, I think if you can handle labour, you can handle anything!

Advertisement