Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

There is an old woman standing, holding on for dear life, on the bus for last ten minutes and NO ONE is getting up for her. A man came downstairs and saw her, looked around confused as to say, why isn't she sitting down? There are three young women at the front. I'm at the back otherwise I'd have given up my seat already! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

My dog keeps dropping eye watering bombs that could strip paint off a wall. Nasty...

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

seems like my back only likes me to sweep one room. just about got my kitchen swept when my tail bone said thats enough now!! i actually feel like doing some housework tonight (which is a rarity!) but my body said no. oh well guess its tea and bickies instead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I am seriously stressing, I swear my MIL wants to lose any and all contact with her grandkids. I just got a call there to tell me my son is not allowed have a proper dinner, but is eating cereal for it instead because "he doesn't like the dinner" the same dinner he begs me for at least 5 nights a week! Chicken and Pasta.

Then I found out she promised him a spin and everything this evening, he got all excited and she went off shopping and came home saying she can't drive, she had wine with her dinner, after driving back to the house so he is all heartbroken.

Then I said that maybe it is best not to have him in Clare for more than a day or two while I have the baby, she said she is coming up to Dublin to get him and keeping him for at least a week while I am in hospital and there is nothing I can do about it!!! Seriously, I am freaking out! She is not fit to be around my kids, the woman is a nutjob.

Thankfully the OH is agreeing with me and we are now sorting ourselves that he will mind our son alone, I am so scared this will put me into labour tonight while they are away, I am serious, if it does I am going to say nothing to the OH until I know he is on a train tomorrow alone with our son and then tell him we have the baby because I am not leaving my son with her, she is scaring me!

Sorry, rant over, you must all think either I am making this crap up at this stage or that this woman is a lunatic, but I needed to say something to someone and there is no one here!

oh my Godwolfpawnet. id kill her! how have you put up with her. its awful disappointing a child and telling you you cant stop her from having him for a week. id be like 'WATCH ME!'

my bump is sore. like al over but not really and only when i sit/ move a certain way. for some reason moving my right leg gives me a pain in my belly! duno if its the food i ate and then did too much moving and bending after it. i duno. maybethe bump is growing or something...

• Advertisement

oh my Godwolfpawnet. id kill her! how have you put up with her. its awful disappointing a child and telling you you cant stop her from having him for a week. id be like 'WATCH ME!'

If I have to drag myself from the hospital bed to the train station so help me God. The only grace I have is my OH and I are on the same page, if I didn't have his support I would be snookered. I am just glad she is in Clare and we are in Dublin, any closer is too close as far as I am concerned.

Very upset stomach today :( Not sure if it is the fact that I had a Chinese for the first time in about 2/3 years and my stomach does not know how to process it, or if I am indeed coming to the end (wishful thinking I think) but up every two hours feeling very poorly and nauseous. At least my boys are back today. I love getting a break, but I miss them when they are gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you need anything you know where I am. Even if that's to accompany you to hospital, you have my number hun x

Stupidly ran for the bus today (dunno why, he saw me so he reopened the door as a way of saying he'd wait) and I really hurt myself down below, I can barely walk. Not sure what I did, I'd say I just pulled a muscle or something since I haven't ran in ages, but my nether regions and back are now killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Men >:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

ex is already moving on while im getting fatter by the day... eughhhhhhh

Madisson wrote: »
    ex is already moving on while im getting fatter by the day... eughhhhhhh

Ughhhhhhh :( xxx

I keep saying that by the time bean is here all this was worth it....

October seems so far away :(

Ugh I am pissed off. The father is now acting all nice n polite n going along wh what I say but I can't help but think it's a trick, to get me where he wants me n will try to take control again. He asked me out on a date after the baby was born. I just told him I didn't think it was a good idea. N then he called me beautiful pregnant woman again (after saying it in the meeting). It creeps me out! So I asked him not to call me beautiful any more! Sure you're all probably thinking awh that was nice of him n she shoves it back in his face. Sorry, but no, i just find it creepy
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Don't know how I'm going to do this for another 10 weeks? Sciatica is killing me! Ankles and hands are swollen thanks to the heat and now I can't sleep! On the positive side my 1 yr old is so close to walking and makes me smile all the time which helps me forget about the excruciating pain in my arse!!

loubian wrote: »
    Ugh I am pissed off. The father is now acting all nice n polite n going along wh what I say but I can't help but think it's a trick, to get me where he wants me n will try to take control again. He asked me out on a date after the baby was born. I just told him I didn't think it was a good idea. N then he called me beautiful pregnant woman again (after saying it in the meeting). It creeps me out! So I asked him not to call me beautiful any more! Sure you're all probably thinking awh that was nice of him n she shoves it back in his face. Sorry, but no, i just find it creepy
    :(

You know his true colours and from what you've written on here, so do we. And I have to agree with you, those beautiful comments sound more like sleeze and tricks than sincerity, though I don't doubt you ARE beautiful :-)
    Pay no heed to what he says, you know from experience that they're mind games. Every time he tries to "compliment" you and you ask him to stop, write it down and note how you felt. Read it back to yourself any time you doubt your feelings because you still have an emotional battle ahead, it'll help to keep your head in the right place. It might even help with your case after babs arrives to have this record.
    Stay strong, you'll get through this. Xx

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    You know his true colours and from what you've written on here, so do we. And I have to agree with you, those beautiful comments sound more like sleeze and tricks than sincerity, though I don't doubt you ARE beautiful :-)
    Pay no heed to what he says, you know from experience that they're mind games. Every time he tries to "compliment" you and yours ask him to stop, write it down and note how you felt. Read it back to yourself any time you doubt your feelings because you still have an emotional battle ahead, it'll help to keep your head in the right place. It might even help with your case after babs arrives to have this record.
    Stay strong, you'll get through this. Xx

Thanks! You don't know how reassuring it is to know people are thinking the same thing as me, n not that I'm a cold hearted bitch! I keep all his texts, even though it annoys me to see them in my inbox, no way would I delete them!

You know it's a play on your emotions now that you are heavily pregnant and in his mind, probably vunerable too.

Are all men being odd together. My one has someone coming to the house this morning, which I was only told about last night, and myself and the wee man have to go get scarce for an hour. That's annoying enough but then add a few days housework into it since we have not been out every day.

So I got up early to sort the place and my darling OH decided to sleep in until 9, leaving less than an hour for showers, breakfast, etc.

Honestly some days I am fit to kill. Listening to how he only gets one sleep in a week. Better than my zero, been told "what will you do when the baby arrives" cope better than him no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

I had 3d scan today..... found out we are team blue.......
    Halfway through scan, i fainted damn heat... resulted in us attending emergency dept of CUMH, all is ok.... i say it was just heat... have to schedule earlier appoinment for clinic.....
    Feel a bit wonky but ok.

I had 3d scan today..... found out we are team blue.......
    Halfway through scan, i fainted damn heat... resulted in us attending emergency dept of CUMH, all is ok.... i say it was just heat... have to schedule earlier appoinment for clinic.....
    Feel a bit wonky but ok.

Glad your ok freudiangirl! You would still get a lil fright!!

Woohoo team blue!! Congratulations xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I had one person today tell me I don't look pregnant at all, and another person tell me that my bump is absolutely massive for just 15 weeks.

Why is it that I felt vaguely offended by both comments? :o

Also experienced my first bump-grope today ... ugh! There might be a baby in there, but it's still my tummy ... don't touch it! :mad: Weirdo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Tlachtga wrote: »
    I had one person today tell me I don't look pregnant at all, and another person tell me that my bump is absolutely massive for just 15 weeks.

Also experienced my first bump-grope today ... ugh! There might be a baby in there, but it's still my tummy ... don't touch it! :mad: Weirdo!

Ha, I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Found both comments annoying. One of my first bump gropes was my 7 year old nephew. It was fairly cute, we told him I was having a baby and it was almost like he was checking to see weren't telling him lies. He also added afterwards 'so that's why your tummy is getting round!' Out of the mouths of babes eh?!

Tlachtga wrote: »

I feel your pain. FREAKS me out when people try to touch my belly.. GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    Ha, I had a similar thing happen a couple of weeks ago. Found both comments annoying. One of my first bump gropes was my 7 year old nephew. It was fairly cute, we told him I was having a baby and it was almost like he was checking to see weren't telling him lies. He also added afterwards 'so that's why your tummy is getting round!' Out of the mouths of babes eh?!

My 3yr old nephew doesn't say hello to me anymore, he says hello to the baby; I don't get kisses or hugs, my belly does :D He's the only one who's allowed, mind!

Madisson wrote: »
    I feel your pain. FREAKS me out when people try to touch my belly.. GET YOUR HANDS OFF ME!!!

Me too! Yuk.

A girl in my work insists on coming over to me and rubbing my belly. The other day i ended up flipping at her. its so creepy...major invasion of personal space alert haha

So far I've been lucky, no gropers. I must give off a vibe that says 'touch my belly and it'll be the last thing you ever touch.' Thankfully!

feckin pain thats all i say. in my hip/arse for last 2 days. now today after work ive a pain in my lower belly. could be ibs as i ate something i shoudnt have last night. also cant lift my right leg up without getting an uncomfortable feeling in my right side of my belly. surprisingly found socks hard to put on and im only 21 weeks!!! dont remember that last time! think i just need a good rest which i cant get cos its too warm and i cant sleep properly on sleepovers in work either.

also i think my belly is going to explode!!

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    So far I've been lucky, no gropers. I must give off a vibe that says 'touch my belly and it'll be the last thing you ever touch.' Thankfully!

I've decided that if anyone else touches my belly uninvited, I'll grope their boob or grab their crotch, before looking at them innocently and saying, "wha? Are we not touching each other then?"

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    I've decided that if anyone else touches my belly uninvited, I'll grope their boob or grab their crotch, before looking at them innocently and saying, "wha? Are we not touching each other then?"

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! made my night :D

Advertisement