Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tlachtga wrote: »
    Wow that sounds scary Das :( Hope you're OK

Thanks lady. Yeah I'm feeling a good bit better now. I have to up my fluids I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Heartburn, headaches , dizzihess & baby is head down so quite sore everywhere especially in ribs....

Sick of being pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

A week overdue, tired, sore, uncomfortable, aches, cramps, twinges.. Bladder capacity of a flea.. The list goes on. Rant over ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Had a hormonal meltdown earlier. Today being the last bank holiday Monday I'll ever have before motherhood, I ached for my freedom. It's such a nice day and I would love nothing more than to sit in my garden indulging in a few beers and occasional smoke, but being 8 months pregnant I obviously cant. So I bawled. And what kills me is I know it's such a ridiculous reason to get upset but I couldn't help myself. I still feel upset! Stupid hormones wreaking my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

It's not ridiculous at all Pat. I'm due around the same time as you and I keep looking around going 'there will be a baby here in a few weeks :eek:'

I can't seem to get my head around it at all... and I already have a teenager! So it might just be the combination of feeling a bit left out of things because you're pregnant and mild panic at motherhood on the way (I may be projecting my own feelings here a little :o)

If it's any consolation, you do get your old life back pretty much. Especially if you have some people you can do swapsies with for minding.

I guarantee you that you will be at a barbeque next year with a beer in your hand and a big grin on your (slightly tipsy) face. :D

• Advertisement

Lol!! Bring on that bbq!! :-D
    I'm just ready for this baby to be born, pregnancy is NOT fun. And I want my body back.

As for the motherhood freak out, that will happen when she gets here. One crisis at a time... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    Had a hormonal meltdown earlier. Today being the last bank holiday Monday I'll ever have before motherhood, I ached for my freedom. It's such a nice day and I would love nothing more than to sit in my garden indulging in a few beers and occasional smoke, but being 8 months pregnant I obviously cant. So I bawled. And what kills me is I know it's such a ridiculous reason to get upset but I couldn't help myself. I still feel upset! Stupid hormones wreaking my head.

Ahhhh I turn 24 at the end of the month and think I had a somewhat similar moment, my last birthday without a child... Could do with a jameson and red and a discusting cigarette, alas I cried about it instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Feeling very low at the moment...more than just hormonal. Anyone felt like this? Am 32 weeks on. No 3.n

Ahhhh I turn 24 at the end of the month and think I had a somewhat similar moment, my last birthday without a child... Could do with a jameson and red and a discusting cigarette, alas I cried about it instead!

Snap! Did the same on my bday, and I was on honeymoon docked on a cruise liner in Tunisia! Double misery. Roll on the Morgan's and coke :-)

collegeme wrote: »
    Feeling very low at the moment...more than just hormonal. Anyone felt like this? Am 32 weeks on. No 3.n

Could you talk to your GP? I know early on I had very low moods and dipped so far as to feel suicidal at one point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Out in the hospital today and there was another girl with the same name as me... It wouldnt have been so bad if the doctor hadnt starting talking to me about all her medical problems and she went into my scan also....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I HATE being pregnant: I love being a Mum but I do not do pregnancy well. I'm sick of feeling nauseus and vomiting and my back feels like its being trampled on.... My nipples feel like they are being tortured and my 1 year old has taken to imitating me puking by spitting water and making vomiting sounds. AAAAGGGHHH :mad:

Hell only 30 weeks to go though ;)

cyning wrote: »
    I HATE being pregnant: I love being a Mum but I do not do pregnancy well. I'm sick of feeling nauseus and vomiting and my back feels like its being trampled on.... My nipples feel like they are being tortured and my 1 year old has taken to imitating me puking by spitting water and making vomiting sounds. AAAAGGGHHH :mad:

Hell only 30 weeks to go though ;)

Hope the morning sickness abates.

It is without doubt the most miserable time of pregnancy for me. I've been grand since it wore off. Better than grand. Hopefully you'll be there soon too.

I'm really hoping it wears off: last time I was sick right until the end but I was much much sicker than I am now: so I really shouldn't be complaining!!

I'm really hoping it wears off: last time I was sick right until the end but I was much much sicker than I am now: so I really shouldn't be complaining!!

Oh hun, I feel for you, ms is just the worst form of torture :-( I'm 8 months gone and still have it, but at least I have medication to control it.
    I'd have gone completely insane otherwise!
    I really hope it lifts for you soon.

It really is horrendous: I swore I'd never have another one after it: lasted all of a fortnight after C was born!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Oh dear god, the leg cramps have definitely kicked in. Had one a few weeks ago, was hoping it was a once off. Had one during the night last night and another woke me up.

It really is horrendous: I swore I'd never have another one after it: lasted all of a fortnight after C was born!

You poor pet... :-(
    I've been saying the very same since I got pregnant - never again!! Couldn't imagine trying to get through it with a toddler.

I can't believe you still suffered 2 weeks afterwards! You have me scared now.

You poor pet... :-(
    I've been saying the very same since I got pregnant - never again!! Couldn't imagine trying to get through it with a toddler.

I can't believe you still suffered 2 weeks afterwards! You have me scared now.

Oh no the not ever wanting to be pregnant again lasted about two weeks: not the sickness! I was sitting up drinking orange juice and eating toast nausea free within 2 hours of her being born!!

Ah, gotcha now. D'oh! :-)

If I was to go again, it would have to be sooner rather than later as I'm no spring chicken, but I only have to think of the mega vomits and shudder. I even distinctly remember wanting to die at one point. I can't imagine voluntarily signing up to do it all over again but LO could change my mind once she arrives. :$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Heartburn, headaches , dizzihess & baby is head down so quite sore everywhere especially in ribs....

Sick of being pregnant
    Bundaberg wrote: »
    A week overdue, tired, sore, uncomfortable, aches, cramps, twinges.. Bladder capacity of a flea.. The list goes on. Rant over ;)

Apart from the week overdue bit... This is me...
    Had a hormonal meltdown earlier.... <snip>QUOTE]
    Lol!! Bring on that bbq!! :-D
    I'm just ready for this baby to be born, pregnancy is NOT fun. And I want my body back.... <snip>QUOTE]

Again, +1 on these...
    collegeme wrote: »

Look up ante-natel depression and get thee to the doctor. Depending on where you are and what service you're on there should be people you can talk to. In Holles Street they have a mental health nurse. I went in to her at the beginning cos my midwife felt I needed it.

But your doctor, clinic nurse or PHN should be able to help you. Don't let needing help get you down. This thread is here cos we recognise pregnancy is a bit sh*t sometimes. Life changing, plus hormones, plus tiredness and all the other symptoms are more than enough to bring us down. And keep posting here to vent and rant and talk. Start your own thread if necessary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

If I was to go again, it would have to be sooner rather than later as I'm no spring chicken, but I only have to think of the mega vomits and shudder. I even distinctly remember wanting to die at one point. I can't imagine voluntarily signing up to do it all over again but LO could change my mind once she arrives. :$

I was so sick with lo. From 5 weeks to about 15 weeks. Constant vomiting. Off work for about 2 months dehydrated twice.
    Came back in last few weeks but not as bad.
    Now 8 weeks with no 2 and have been sick 1 day. I was out for a meal the evening before and blaming the fact i ate too much.
    Im way more tired this time though. Like really but thats prob the fact were very busy in work and ive an energetic 15 month old to run around after.

With C I was vomiting up to 20 times a day up until 14 weeks. At one stage i was vomiting blood, burst blood vessels in my eyes, pulled muscles in my side and was hospitalised at 5.5, 9 and 14 weeks for a week each time. Also was in A&E for fluids. I would literally just lie on the floor of the bathroom and feel like dying I was so so sick. After 14 weeks the vomiting eased but never went away: but rarely over 3/4 times a day and I was able to eat and drink so the dehydration wasnt as big an issue!

So I was fully prepared for that this time. I'm nowhere near that bad: I have ms not hyperemesis!! Thank god :)

Still super cranky though!!

Oh wow, you win the worst hyperemesis award, no contest. I was in and out of fetal assessment once and twice a week for fluids, occasionally hospitalized but never for more than a night. No burst vessels either thank god but I'm with ya with the vomiting. I was just non stop, every few minutes 24/7 until I discovered zofran. Have been on it ever since. I've tried coming off it many times but as soon as I'm up outta bed, the mega vomits kick in.

With any luck, your body has become more tolerant of the pregnancy hormone and it'll ease off soon for you. Fingers crossed!!!

There's always someone worse off: I was in hosp with a girl who had an autistic 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 3 year old who was way sicker than me!

I guess my point is I was horrendous last time but not so bad now so never say never :D

There's always someone worse off: I was in hosp with a girl who had an autistic 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 3 year old who was way sicker than me!

I guess my point is I was horrendous last time but not so bad now so never say never :D

Shhh, my OH might hear you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Cant catch my breathe, lm sitting on the toilet with my head out the window and i can hear himself snoring away... Ugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Went to doctor this evening to get everything confirmed and its all up in the air. Have to go back tomorrow evening to do more blood work to see whats going on.

However, watching One Born Every Minute may not have been my finest idea, am now terrified.

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

DO NOT WATCH ONE BORN EVERY MINUTE!!!! It's like 'the ring' for pregnant women! :eek:

well for me anyway! I refuse to watch it, and am quite happy to live in blissful ignorance until delivery.

Bought some cute baby grows online this week. Super cute lemon and mint ones. 0-3 months. took them out of the package and OMG they look huge!! well not huge, if I wasn't pregnant I'd think they're dinky, but when I consider that something that can fit into that has to come out of me I find it...well lets just say a tad daunting! lol

Advertisement