Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well iv a teething baby and morning sickness today is bad yesterday he wasn't so bad lets hope tomorrow is better :-)

Last time I was sick from 6 to 16 weeks seems its normal to have it 10 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Well iv a teething baby and morning sickness today is bad yesterday he wasn't so bad lets hope tomorrow is better :-)

Last time I was sick from 6 to 16 weeks seems its normal to have it 10 weeks

Snap, I posted only yesterday about only being sick one day. I spoke to soon as been so sick today and LO was like a demon as getting eye teeth. And by god the nappies she was producing. they were gaggable even if you were in the full of your health. I ended up ringing work and telling them I wouldn't be in and sending LO to her nannies for a few hours rest. (she would have been going anyway if I had gone to work).
    I slept about 9 hours last night, had about 1.5 hr snooze when she was napping and then spent 3 hours in the afternoon on the couch doing nothing and im still tired. Roll on 12 week mark till I get a bit of energy back.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Suucee wrote: »
    Snap, I posted only yesterday about only being sick one day. I spoke to soon as been so sick today and LO was like a demon as getting eye teeth. And by god the nappies she was producing. they were gaggable even if you were in the full of your health. I ended up ringing work and telling them I wouldn't be in and sending LO to her nannies for a few hours rest. (she would have been going anyway if I had gone to work).
    I slept about 9 hours last night, had about 1.5 hr snooze when she was napping and then spent 3 hours in the afternoon on the couch doing nothing and im still tired. Roll on 12 week mark till I get a bit of energy back.

im 25 weeks and still waiting for the energy to come back!!! its so different having a little one to mind while growing another one!! much more tiring!! for me anyway!!:rolleyes:

im 25 weeks and still waiting for the energy to come back!!! its so different having a little one to mind while growing another one!! much more tiring!! for me anyway!!:rolleyes:

No dont say that. Im living in hope. Im way more tired this time. I work part time too. 5 short days and were so busy at the mo. I finish work collect lo come home and im only fit for bed while she's up to divelment. Ive worked out a lil rest period when i collect her i stick on cartoon and lie on the couch. Or else bring her up to her room and she has a little play while i lie on my bed having a rest. I feel so bad leaving her to it but im just not able . Last week she played for half hour in her room while i relaxed . It was great.

No dont say that. Im living in hope. Im way more tired this time. I work part time too. 5 short days and were so busy at the mo. I finish work collect lo come home and im only fit for bed while she's up to divelment. Ive worked out a lil rest period when i collect her i stick on cartoon and lie on the couch. Or else bring her up to her room and she has a little play while i lie on my bed having a rest. I feel so bad leaving her to it but im just not able . Last week she played for half hour in her room while i relaxed . It was great.

i work part time too. i manage to lie down when she naps which is a lifesaver. if i dont im ready for bed by 5/6 o clock! shes very good at entertaining herself but i do feel guilty too. but i make sure i have times wheni do things i know she likes everyday ie walking, going to see the cats, swimming etc. even snuggling up with a book or singing songs she loves. can only imagine what will be happening when im 30 plus weeks!! the thing im finding hardest is not being able to lift her. i still can now but i know theres times i shoudnt be!! oh the joys!!

on the good side she now says baby and pulls up my top for a look and pats my belly and then pulls it down and says bye bye :D:D:D

• Advertisement

i work part time too. i manage to lie down when she naps which is a lifesaver. if i dont im ready for bed by 5/6 o clock! shes very good at entertaining herself but i do feel guilty too. but i make sure i have times wheni do things i know she likes everyday ie walking, going to see the cats, swimming etc. even snuggling up with a book or singing songs she loves. can only imagine what will be happening when im 30 plus weeks!! the thing im finding hardest is not being able to lift her. i still can now but i know theres times i shoudnt be!! oh the joys!!

on the good side she now says baby and pulls up my top for a look and pats my belly and then pulls it down and says bye bye :D:D:D

Oh the lifting. I hurt my back a few weeks ago and its at me since. Was in with gp yesterday and he keeps telling me i really need to stop . I bend down to her and cuddle but she gets thick and frustrated that i wont. Oh and dont get me started on trying to get her in to the car. I dont know what ill do when i have a bump.

Oh the lifting. I hurt my back a few weeks ago and its at me since. Was in with gp yesterday and he keeps telling me i really need to stop . I bend down to her and cuddle but she gets thick and frustrated that i wont. Oh and dont get me started on trying to get her in to the car. I dont know what ill do when i have a bump.

yeh and im wondering how do i get her out of the cot in the mornings!!! im usually on my own or into it in the evenings when oh is gone off!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Woke up this morning with a big huge teenager-type spot beside my nose. Fml. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

due in 7 weeks and 3 days... Overtime in work for the forseable future, woo 5 weeks of 50 hours! Bring it on... I'm going to be sooooo tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

really need to moan...

so tired. so so tired. Back's fecked as well, really struggling to lift E into and out of his cot, and nappy changes are excruciating. And I'm only 16 weeks or so along (forget to keep track), another 24 weeks to go.

Forgot how much I hated being pregnant the first time round (not hating having a baby obviously, just the physical pregnancy bits...:o). Also stupid hormones, I cannot watch tele or read the paper about anything without starting to well up when I come across a sad story involving kids (for example, that story about the toddler being hurt in the zoo today - makes me weep)-> that normal?

bleh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Well I'm due in a week and so far I either haven't felt the need for a rant, or I've been biting my tongue... This could get ugly!.

So I can't walk without waddling, move about without grunting, or go very far without needing to pee. I'm clumsy, I'm dropping everything! I have my 3 year old running around picking stuff up after me because "you're too fat to bend down mummy". I'm windy. If its not one end its the other. I can't sleep. This is mostly because I can't get comfortable but my husband snoring like a pig doesn't help either. My boobs are sore which roughly translates to 'squeeze me' in my husband's eyes. The baby has this great move which sends a shooting pain down through my lady bits and makes me feel like I've peed myself a little.

The final stages of pregnancy are without a doubt the most attractive!

And now I need to pee. Again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I'm still sick! :(
    Puked this morning before work, on the way to work, at work....

Forced down some tea and toast, felt better for all of about 20 mins and then sick again. Now when I puke it actually hurts my bump. Please go away sickness!

I swear, if I wasn't pregnant and felt like this there is no way I would get out of bed, I'd stay under the duvet, work could go and get stuffed and I would have people fetching and carrying for me and making me soup. But somehow because I'm pregnant I feel like I should get on with it and stop moaning. But I can't stop moaning cos I feel so crap!!!! whinge whinge

Honestly, there is no way I would do this again! I hate it so much. I know that sounds ungrateful, but I never really wanted to be pregnant, I just wanted the baby! If only science could find a way to incubate your baby and then you just go and pick it up when it's ready 9 months later! that would be so much more civilised, dontcha think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If only science could find a way to incubate your baby and then you just go and pick it up when it's ready 9 months later! that would be so much more civilised, dontcha think?

Defo. I told my husband this morning in between retches... if he wants another we are getting a surrogate.

Thankfully I've no morning sickness this time
    I've had a few moments of feeing sick (last time was awful)
    My back on the other hand is KILLING me slowly which wasnt so bad last time.
    It wouldnt be so bad if DS wanst going through his 4 month sleep regression
    Its too hard gettin in and out of bed to put his soother back in his mouth (only used during the night when I know he aint hungry but he's stirring)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

17 weeks, and starting the sickness now :rolleyes:
    Puked mid-Brush the other morning.
    Have had indigestion for what feels like a lifetime, I cant remember enjoying a meal.. Bland McBlandy is my dinner companion and I think coffee (my only pleasure) is giving me indigestion.

My feet are already starting to swell and I am convinced I am having a baby on my a**e, it HUGE.

My feet are swelling too :( and had to take off my rings as my poor little fingers look like cocktail sausages!

I have been reading I am supposed to lie on my left side, rather than my right or back. At the moment I can't lie on my back as it makes me want to wee even more, but I have been sleeping kind of half sitting up sometimes. The rest of the time I seem to naturally favour lying on my right side. Anyone know what the reasoning behind sleeping on your left is all about?

You again :D:D

Sleeping on your left side has something to do with the vein that brings (or is connected to) the blood supply to the placenta and if you sleep on your left side as opposed to your right, its better ... Maybe :rolleyes:

Have started to get a very interrupted sleep pattern now ...Yikes, god help the general public

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Correct, you crush the vein bringing the blood to your heart when on your back and right and you can get varicose veins and shortness of breath from it... :)

Tired... so very tired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

OH came in from work and did a big clean, while im on the bed with my back. Just realised i told him i would get dog food and a salad for dinner....

Ugh effort.... Dont wana ask him as hes up since 6 :-(

We went to a farm type place today and I spent the guts of the day running away from wasps!

One little fecker outsmarted me and got in my shoe and stung me anyway. <insert many many curse words here>

I'm feeling quite violated!! Hopefully all the running around will help get babs out tho! Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Piles at 9 weeks (not 11 like I thought :( ) does not bode well for the next 31weeks!

Yep I had them first time round and now at 7 weeks there back :-( not fun at all..

Oh don't even get me started on piles! I'm fairly sure that mine are tickling the backs of my knees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I didn't get them until after labour with C. Hence being incredibly unimpressed now!!

Just realised i told him i would get dog food and a salad for dinner....
    :eek:
    remind me to politely decline any invitations to your house for dinner :D:D

Ok, so I'm probably going to give myself an annurysm from sleeping on my right side. Good to know! :P Now if only I could control where my body ends up when I am asleep it'll all be oxo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

:eek:
    remind me to politely decline any invitations to your house for dinner :D:D

Ok, so I'm probably going to give myself an annurysm from sleeping on my right side. Good to know! :P Now if only I could control where my body ends up when I am asleep it'll all be oxo!

I hadn't heard about the varicose veins from sleeping on the right hand side. Actually I hadn't heard anything was wrong with sleeping on the right hand side. I've slept on my right for this and the previous pregnancy and I have to admit I do now have varicose veins. I didn't notice extra shortness of breath, other than the usual (what I was expecting, I mean).

As to my moans, I've had tension headaches all week. Starting in my jaw and radiating up my head. I know where it's coming from but that doesn't really help too much does it.

I've downloaded the gentlebirth cds (from the site). It may be a bit late, 40+1 today, but I'll have it anyway.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sleeping on my back/right side a lot and I have no varicose veins or shortness of breath and a very active baby. I tried to lie on my left side last night and I was instantly huffing and puffing. I wonder am I all opposite inside...?

I did get a pile last week, but that was due to specific circumstances and it's pretty much gone now.

Today's moan: I wanna go home to my bed, but I'm far too busy for that!

Today's moan: I wanna go home to my bed, but I'm far too busy for that

Holy Be to God .. Me too !!
    Am sitting here thinking up ways to have 40 winks at my desk without anyone noticing !!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Merrilady wrote: »
    Today's moan: I wanna go home to my bed, but I'm far too busy for that

Holy Be to God .. Me too !!
    Am sitting here thinking up ways to have 40 winks at my desk without anyone noticing !!!

"Reviewing Documents" -- head down and concentrating hard. :)

I went to the car last week. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭grarf

yep, 'reviewing' stuff and getting the last few loose ends tied up for my handover.... roll on Friday, only two more days to go and then, no work for 10 months! YIPPIE! (I'd jump in the air if I wasn't so tired :p)

Advertisement