Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I asked my doc last time about sleeping positions as i kept waking up on my back. He wasnt too worried and i didnt end up with varicose veins.

Piles here also and only 9 weeks. Had them towards the end and bad after the birth.

No new moaning for me. Its not even 8pm and im in my pjs and want to go to bed so tired. And my poor back ugh. Seriously wasnt even this bad when i was 41 weeks with last baba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I have feet resembling two small planets! absolutely huge. Even my wide fitting 'sensible' shoes don't fit properly. Had to squeeze my feet into them this morning. I feel like crying everytime I look at my beautiful heels and know it will be a loooooonnnng time before I get to wear any of them again...sob sob :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well my back is alot worse I cant turn in bed at all.. Waiting on the SPD I reckon it will be early this time as last time I never fully recovered from.. Its so hard getting up for night feeds with DS and then up and down to give him soother between feeds (Usually sleeps great but jabs tuesday ruined that so he's restless)

Oh its gonna be so much fun with baby #2

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Well my back is alot worse I cant turn in bed at all.. Waiting on the SPD I reckon it will be early this time as last time I never fully recovered from.. Its so hard getting up for night feeds with DS and then up and down to give him soother between feeds (Usually sleeps great but jabs tuesday ruined that so he's restless)

Oh its gonna be so much fun with baby #2

Ah petal.

Wait trimester 1 is over, it won't feel so bleak then. The hormones along with the sleeplessness must be horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

not sure where you are, but if you can, get a referral to the closest maternity physio department as soon as you can! My pelvic girdlepain/spd started around week 12 this time, and I harrassed my GP for a referral - and got an appointment pretty much straight away. Physio defo helps with the pain, and they give you good exercises and belts to keep in in check (and it's free ;-))

Still tired. And babba #1 is teething (still those blasted molars) plus has a sniffly cold, and is up constantly. Grrrrr.

• Advertisement

What exactly is SPD, I had mild back pain towards the end with first pregnancy, now 9 weeks and for the past few weeks been in bits with my lower back, . Sleeping with pillow between my legs but wake every time I move or OH moves. For the past 2 days the pain is going down to my left butt cheek and left leg a little and I had a bad pain in my pubic bone area today when getting in to the car. I work in an office and after sitting for long periods I struggle to get up and can hardly walk. I always wear flat shoes so I know that's not a problem and ive eased off as much as possible on lifting my 15.5 month old. Ive been googling SPD but how do you know if that is what it is. Any one any ideas or tips.

Suucee wrote: »
    What exactly is SPD, I had mild back pain towards the end with first pregnancy, now 9 weeks and for the past few weeks been in bits with my lower back, . Sleeping with pillow between my legs but wake every time I move or OH moves. For the past 2 days the pain is going down to my left butt cheek and left leg a little and I had a bad pain in my pubic bone area today when getting in to the car. I work in an office and after sitting for long periods I struggle to get up and can hardly walk. I always wear flat shoes so I know that's not a problem and ive eased off as much as possible on lifting my 15.5 month old. Ive been googling SPD but how do you know if that is what it is. Any one any ideas or tips.

SPD is a very specific pain where your pubic bone gets pulled out of place with the pregnancy. If I were you, I'd go to my doc for a physio referral. Hopefully if something can be done at this early stage it won't get too bad for you.

I know for me it was severe pain in my pelvis leaves you not able do anything and sleeping is hard. I cried last time! I made it worse by cleaning loads and general stuff within an hour of sitting down I couldn't get up again and when I did I near crawled to the toilet

But this time my back is brutal sore pelvis is starting to crack and bang when moving in bed or tryin to get up so it will hit early this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Suucee wrote: »

As Das said get yourself to GP etc the sooner the better. My consultant diagnosed me. The pain started off mild enough in my pelvis ( I didn't have major back pain to speak of) and then got to the point I had to start working from home as I couldn't even open the doors in my office, pulling them caused me an awful lot of pain. I needed crutches in the end to get around but this is really worse case scenario. I also found when in bed at night I would hear a very obvious click, which my husband could hear too and feel a crack in my pelvis.... this I think was more towards the end.

I can definitely identify with where you say sitting for long periods make it worse it and getting in and out of the car. Have your office done a risk assessment on you? Try a back and foot rest and at least make them aware of the issue.

I went to physio which I didn't find too much help but I went very late in the day. I found the belt helped a bit and most definitely you have to rest as much as possible. I remember my consultant saying however that the only cure for it was childbirth....sorry to say he was correct :o

Hope you get some relief soon, you have my fullest sympathies :(

Thanks. It does seem like it. Im terrified. Work have not yet done a risk assesment as i work in an open plan office , only 2 managers know im pregnant, as im only 9 weeks so doingvthe assesment now would be so obvious. Had it done last time and all pregnant wonen get it done so ill be expecting it but if they do it now it will be clear as day im pregnant.

Yea i get the lower back cracking when i stand. I could be sitting for 2 hours and then get up and cant straighten for a moment, Cant lean much on left leg and when i do take a few steps my bavk normally lets a crack i can then straighten a bit and attemp to walk rather than wodddle to the loo. Which as someone mentioned the huge fire doors are a struggle to push open.

I was hoping this would ease after 12 weeks.

Think i may sort a gp visit this week so.

Thanks for your help. Rest seems like a good idea but easier said than done with a 15 month old. OH is going to get up with her in the morning and bring her off for a wee while so i should get a good rest then.

PS i just sneezed andbit felt like someone stuck a dagger in my lower back :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

F *cking coldsore. My LO could arrive any day now and I get a coldsore. I am just so p*ssed off with my body letting me down throughout this pregnancy, impeccable timing as usual.

FML.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    F *cking coldsore. My LO could arrive any day now and I get a coldsore. I am just so p*ssed off with my body letting me down throughout this pregnancy, impeccable timing as usual.

FML.

On a positive note, if you are planning to breastfeed you will pass on some immunity. I got shingles straight after having my 1st and because I breast fed she recieved immunity for at least 6 months, but she may never get chicken pox!

FML.

I got one a few days after having DS and I was in such a habit of kissing him at that stage

FML.

Patches. Get plenty of cold sore cream on it now.

It'll probably be nearly gone by the time the baby arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I still have morning sickness at 21 weeks. It's is definitly more managable now but I still have the odd day when I can't keep anything down.

I know people mean well but I'm really tired of people offering advice on how to get rid of it. I've tried all the home cures and nothing has worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

Thanks folks. I have the patches but I'm just so annoyed with my body. The last coldsore I got was just in time for my wedding in April, and now in time for the birth. Coldsores are so dangerous for newborns and I've had such a sh*tty time throughout this pregnancy, at the very least I deserve to be the first person to kiss my baby after she's born. But it looks like I could be one of the last. :(

Sweet pea, I feel your pain. I'm 37 weeks and have had ms the whole time, still on medication to control it. I ended up getting thick with folks, hearing the same crap over and over so I started to respond sarcastically with a "wow, I never thought to try that before resorting to pharmaceuticals." I know they meant well but so far into the pregnancy, I just found it insulting and I didn't have the patience to be nice anymore. I figure I'm allowed to be grouchy at this time in my life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Hi all, I need to moan as well, first time pregnant after a miscarriage in December. I am 9 weeks now.
    Hubby is on Business trip for 1.5 weeks and me sitting at home as I start my new job on Monday. I have no clue how this will work out. When I had the interviews and all this I didn't know about being pregnant. Well I was a bit over but I thought it would be because of stress. So I quit my old job, was temporary anyway, two weeks ago and was the time off and found out I am pregnant. Great start for the new job. Especially as I have no clue how to manage it as I am constant sick and tiered. I start crying for every little thing and so easily pissed off, especially with hubby. My family doesnt know yet as they will prob. kill me as job always comes first for them.
    Dont really know what to do now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

I'm breathless and light headed on and off this evening. Tired too despite having the most undisturbed night sleep I've had in ages :-(

I can understand crying at anything. It's awful at times when you don't know why at least when somethin small sets you off it don't seem so bad but when there's no reason that's it.

My moan is my MIL, she is gettin better I'll give her that but at the same time it's still unbearable specially when pregnant (forgot how hard she was while I am) I'm totally in bits with my back so much so I near fall and I wobble into things when one leg didn't move like I wanted it to. Some days are awful. Well hubby was gettin baby to sleep and I was gettin much needed rest just before he falls asleep his mother says to drive her up the road in her car and he leaves him in the chair awake (he was walking with him) so off they go and Iv to get up and walk him even though I don't feel safe doin so at times. I said it after and he said she wasn't able to drive. WTF she's well able (she dropped her dresses off to be altered, DRESSES so important) I said am I more able been pregnant and in agony?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother sayin anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I miss food. I always loved my food and loved cooking. Now the thought of eating will either turn my stomach or I will just be a bit indifferent to it. I now only seem to eat plain, boring food and only really eat it as I know I have to eat something. Am just now trying to eat and keep down a bowl of porraige as I've been vomiting on and off since 7. :(

• Advertisement

I found porridge really good specially over the winter it's filling. I never fully found what worked for me as such but some things were easier than others. I won't say it gets easier as everyone is different but you'll have somethin so worth while after its all over that's all that kept me goin

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    I miss food. I always loved my food and loved cooking. Now the thought of eating will either turn my stomach or I will just be a bit indifferent to it. I now only seem to eat plain, boring food and only really eat it as I know I have to eat something. Am just now trying to eat and keep down a bowl of porraige as I've been vomiting on and off since 7. :(

My gp told me to get motion sickness tablets, cant remember the name of them but they were over the counter ones and really worked for me when I had ms :) just ask in your chemist im sure they will know them

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Use the wrist bands people with travel sickness get, they're meant to be great for the old morning sickness...

Spots... pimples... my forehead... ffs, I know it's silly to moan about something so cosmetic, but ughhh my face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hope the porridge helped a bit sweetpea. I know last time round I thought I'd brain the next person who suggested eating crackers to me. Ugh.

Now on top of my wonderful piles I'm constipated. Pregnancy is just so much fun. I'm able to eat away a lot of the day but drinking enough is hard :(

Not far from 8 week mark and now ms hits! It was 6 weeks first time I thought I'd missed it this time! I forgot just how awful it gets (nothin like a reality check)

On the up side today was the first day in 3 weeks my back wasn't so bad typical really. But I did get a nice 4 mile walk and it surprisingly gives me energy.

First time round I was very active even wish SPD and first ever labour and I only had an hour and a half of one convinced it helped

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

I hate everybody !!
    Everyone is annoying me.

There is not enough hours in the day, and why am I expected to be f**king superwoman

:mad::mad::mad:

Sweat_pea, I feel your pain. I am 19+3 and still sick and if I manage not to vomit, I still have terrible dry wretching. Weird thing is that it seems to come and go a bit, I'll have a few days of no actual vomiting, just dry retching, and think I'm over the worst and then bam, I have 2 or 3 days in a row of puking as if on que!
    Madisson wrote: »
    My gp told me to get motion sickness tablets, cant remember the name of them but they were over the counter ones and really worked for me when I had ms :) just ask in your chemist im sure they will know them
    Use the wrist bands people with travel sickness get, they're meant to be great for the old morning sickness...

the motion sickness tabs and wrist bands are worth a try, but were of no help to me at all.

TBH, I think some of the sickness I am feeling is not just down to hormones, its due to the babies growing and moving and pushing my insides into places they don't want to go. I literally feel like I have someone forcing my stomach through my chest and into my back if I bend down, and then a few seconds later I start to vomit/dry retch. I just don't think there is enough room in there anymore! I dread to think what I will be like in another 2 or 3 months! I'm only halfway now!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

TBH, I think some of the sickness I am feeling is not just down to hormones, its due to the babies growing and moving and pushing my insides into places they don't want to go. I literally feel like I have someone forcing my stomach through my chest and into my back if I bend down, and then a few seconds later I start to vomit/dry retch. I just don't think there is enough room in there anymore! I dread to think what I will be like in another 2 or 3 months! I'm only halfway now!:eek:

I think you're right there. I got bad sickness the last 2 months of my first pregnancy, and I think it was stomach being shoved around. Tiny tiny meals... very often eased it a small bit. Eat every hour, but only a cracker or a slice of toast with something on it.

Oh, and gaviscon tabs. Lots and lots of gaviscon.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Gaviscon makes me sick :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: but gets rid of my indigestion - ggrrrrrr

• Advertisement

Me too - the gloopiness of it and the aftertaste....bllleeeuuuurrrrgggghhhhh! It takes me all my control not to mega-vom once I've taken it!

I can only take the mint one - not a hope of keeping the aniseed one down.

God even the thoughts of it is making me shudder!

Advertisement