Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

** Wretches at desk **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Merrilady wrote: »
    I hate everybody !!
    Everyone is annoying me.

:mad::mad::mad:

God that is exactly how I feel today, I just feel like a ball of irritation. I have a tension headache from biting my lip and not saying what I want to say.
    Sweat_pea, I feel your pain. I am 19+3 and still sick and if I manage not to vomit, I still have terrible dry wretching. Weird thing is that it seems to come and go a bit, I'll have a few days of no actual vomiting, just dry retching, and think I'm over the worst and then bam, I have 2 or 3 days in a row of puking as if on que!

Yeah this is what I'm like now and it's almost worse than getting sick every day as I start to think it's all over and than it just comes back with a bang.
    pwurple wrote: »
    Tiny tiny meals... very often eased it a small bit.

This for me is definitely the only thing that for sure helps. I forget every so often like a few weeks ago I got a bit over excited by a pizza my sister made (she makes the most amazing homemade pizza) ate way to much of it and almost didn't make it to toilet. Just came straight back up.

But sure at least I know it will stop eventually and by then I'll the baby in my arms to make all this seem like a distant memory.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I actually love the fruit flavoured Rennies. Especially the lemon and orange ones. They work a treat for me too.

I haven't tried gaviscon, but even the ad makes me feel queasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Not feeling great at all today. The super ouch cramps kicked in at 2am and are still there, painkillers doing nothing for them :(

I know that without bleeding its likely to be nothing wrong but I'm still a little bit freaked at their intensity.

Not feeling great at all today. The super ouch cramps kicked in at 2am and are still there, painkillers doing nothing for them :(

I know that without bleeding its likely to be nothing wrong but I'm still a little bit freaked at their intensity.

*hugs*

I got them at the start too. Hope you feel better today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    This for me is definitely the only thing that for sure helps. I forget every so often like a few weeks ago I got a bit over excited by a pizza my sister made (she makes the most amazing homemade pizza) ate way to much of it and almost didn't make it to toilet. Just came straight back up.

But sure at least I know it will stop eventually and by then I'll the baby in my arms to make all this seem like a distant memory.

For me it's not so much tiny meals, but having to eat at least every 60-90 mins (which in effect means small meals because even I, with my mammoth appetite couldn't manage to eat that many 'proper' meals in a day!). If I don't then I end up feeling really rotten and when I do eat feel very sick, even if I manage not to vomit. Also, if I go too long between meals, when I do eat its as if the food sits stagnant just at the bottom of my throat, which feels awful and then shortly after the indigestion and heart burn kicks in.

The closest thing to explaining the way I feel is as if I have a rotten hangover - you know the ones where you don't know if you would be better to get sick or not? and where the thoughts of food makes you disgusted, but then you don't know if you're still sick or sick from hunger? that is my life right now, and the really infuriating thing is that as far as hangovers go I have only ever had about 4 or 5 really bad ones in my life because I am not a big drinker!!! Oh the humanity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

It's not nice. Am I right in thinking you are getting a scan soon? Hopefully that'll put your mind at ease. I felt like my period was starting for the first few weeks. Hope they ease off soon.

Doctor had wanted a scan last Thursday, but hospital never called and still haven't heard anything so I may chase them up this evening and see what is going on.

Roesy wrote: »
    I felt like my period was starting for the first few weeks. Hope they ease off soon.

Sometimes I still feel like that! You know that horrible heavy crampy feeling you normally associate with the start of your period? I still get that sensation. But as you and others have said, unless there is bleeding AND cramps or the cramps are terribly painful, usually it nothing to worry about, just the joys of an expanding uterus!

Sometimes I still feel like that! You know that horrible heavy crampy feeling you normally associate with the start of your period? I still get that sensation. But as you and others have said, unless there is bleeding AND cramps or the cramps are terribly painful, usually it nothing to worry about, just the joys of an expanding uterus!

Pregnancy is a magical time :p I'm 30 weeks now and occasionally get that dragging, heavy feeling but when you get it in the first few weeks its very disconcerting.

• Advertisement

Roesy wrote: »
    but when you get it in the first few weeks its very disconcerting.

It really is! I am lucky because I have already had oodles of scans because I'm having twins, and even then it's a long time between scans and your mind tends to freak out from time to time. Longest I have had between scans is this time which is 4 weeks. I don't know how the rest of you single, normal pregnancy women manage to go til week 16 or 20 without a scan and then wait until 26 or 30 weeks! I would be freaking out.

This is why I can't understand why more GP's don't have scanning facilities. I know there is not always a medical need to scan at every visit, but from a stress/reassurance point of view, it does no harm and it is so reassuring when you see that little heart flickering and even better when they are moving about, mocking you for your panic and worry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I originally was to be scanned at 20 weeks with DS but my doctor sent me to EPU and they did a scan at week 13 and 14 then my scan at 20, 25, 30 and every 2 weeks then. If I didn't go to EPU I was told maybe 2 scans the whole way through which for a first time pregnancy was silly I think

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pat McGhee

I got my letter approving maternity benefit today which is a good thing, but they're basing it on my earnings from 2011. I spent 10 months unemployed that year so instead of getting €262 like I thought, I'm only getting €217 :( That's a BIG drop in money, and my employers aren't supplementing my salary either.

Luckily we have all the important essentials but still, we're gonna be uber broke instead of just broke for the next 6 months. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

pat im the exact same as you..got the letter today. 217e a week too...this is gonna be interesting !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭PuddingHead

Samesies, was in college in 2011, but shur feck it, its better than a kick in the face :P

I suppose it's good practice ladies, I'm hoping work will give me the option of part time so if they do, I'll be better off financially in the long run. It's a good thing baby won't be in the market for designer gear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

Samesies, was in college in 2011, but shur feck it, its better than a kick in the face :P

so they base mat leave on 2011 is it? now im worried. in 2012 i was on mat leave for nearly 9 months!! does that mean in 2015 if i am pregnant they take into account the little few months i worked in 2012?

obviously it doesnt matter now as long as it is based on 2011 salary. im confused!!

and oh the tiredness! i had an hours rest at lunch time while my little one napped. at 3 o clock i was fit for the bed and felt a little lightheaded! whats that about like! was grand after a bit of chocolate :D but anytime i closed my eyes my little one called 'oh mammy mammy' then produced the biggest cheekiest smile :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BALI

Hi guys,

Just wondering how long after you applied for MB did you have to wait before you go your approval letter?

Thanks

Ladies, I've been dying of either sinus pain or an ear infection for the last 3 days, I may as well be taking jellybeans as paracetamol for all the good they're doing. Went into a pharmacy last night and asked what else could I take, and the pharmacist looked at me as if I had five heads for even suggesting anything more than paracetamol.

The pain is waking me up at night and making work (I wear a phone headset all day) unbearable, and all I want is just a bit of relief from it.

Has anybody been allowed sudafed or anything like that? Thanks.

I suffer with my sinuses normally, and since being pregnant have had to stop all the preventative and relief medications. Most of them contain pseudoephedrine or anti-histhamine which crosses the placenta. So no sudafed or flixonase or anything is allowed.

If the ear is infected there is nothing for it but antibiotics (which are safe) so I think you need to visit your GP. If it isn't infected, just inflamed or irritated try a saline nasal rinse or a netti pot to flush out the sinuses. This is all I am able to do at the moment, and the sinus pain sometimes drives me mad.

• Advertisement

Ladies, I've been dying of either sinus pain or an ear infection for the last 3 days, I may as well be taking jellybeans as paracetamol for all the good they're doing. Went into a pharmacy last night and asked what else could I take, and the pharmacist looked at me as if I had five heads for even suggesting anything more than paracetamol.

The pain is waking me up at night and making work (I wear a phone headset all day) unbearable, and all I want is just a bit of relief from it.

Has anybody been allowed sudafed or anything like that? Thanks.

Haven't been allowed sudafed or anything like that. However if you have an infection you might need an antibiotic. I was dying with an ear and throat infection for a few days during the first trimester and put off going to the doctor to see could I fight it off myself. I was miserable by the time I went and ended up on antibiotics. There are some that are fine to take during pregnancy. Might be worth taking a trip to the doctor. Hope you feel better soon.

You'll have to go to the doctor to get anything stronger than paracetemol lmp.

It's probably worth going anyway to rule out an infection.

In the mean time you could try the bowl of steam with some salt in it. It can help a little. I had a cold in early pregnancy and it really helped me for short periods.

BALI wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Just wondering how long after you applied for MB did you have to wait before you go your approval letter?

Thanks

I applied mid june and only got notice of approval this week.

Pat McGhee wrote: »
    I applied mid june and only got notice of approval this week.

Ruh roh. I only applied through work today. It's supposed to be kicking in in 5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

i applied about two weeks ago...got the letter to say that they received my application and then about a week after that i get the approval so not that long at all. if you havent sent it off because you are waiting on particular documents or whatever dont worry about it just send it in anyway because as long your application is in they are happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

leakage or somethin. thats my moan but its only a moan cos i dont know what it is. a month or so ago i got it checked out and it wasnt fluid. but its wrecking my head cos it can be so watery and clear it worries me but then i might not get it for a few days. its prob just the usual extra stuff but its so nerve wracking. ill be back to hosp for appt tue so i wil say it then. ill have a list!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

my moan is lack of sleep.. what am I getting myself into having two so close together? (its all worth it in the end)

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

i want my body back and to feel feminine again but i know ill miss the kicks when im not!!!

I'll tell ya, after I finished breastfeeding last go, once the couple of days milk drying up blues went away, it felt soooo good to have my body back to myself. :D

My moan is my 13yo first car will likely be scrapped after failing its NCT. :'( I shouldn't be so attached, but Jesus I love her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Feel like I've been stabbed in my groin. Dunno did I overdo my pelvic floor exercises I'm paranoid after needing months of physio after C was born. Or maybe just from lifting her. Ugh :(

Advertisement