Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Meh! Getting bouts of nausea again the last few days and one minute I'm starving and the next minute I feel like I'll never need to eat again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

God, so I think I've hit the mood swings, I just got incredibly angry about something really insignificant. I knew I was being irrational but I just couldn't help the anger bubbling up and over. Kinda scary really. Now I feel really down.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

i felt like that on Monday. I was so mad about everything. even the smallest thing. Rang my husband go give out about work and he was just like "Calm Down, never mind". Was funny when I think back. Dont be feeling down, Im sure people understand and dont pass any heed on us pregnant hormonal women!! :)

clareames wrote: »
    Im sure people understand and dont pass any heed on us pregnant hormonal women!! :)

I hope so!! as I was just horrible to someone who really doesn't deserve it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It's so awful. I only had one wild rage (thus far) and to be honest I was ashamed at how much of an asshole I was. I'm actually pretty chilled for a ginger in general so it was very out of character.

Then there were some days where I was letting everything get to me. Then I had a few days where things that should have got to me didn't faze me at all. So weird!

Looking forward to getting through the hormonal malestrom!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    God, so I think I've hit the mood swings, I just got incredibly angry about something really insignificant. I knew I was being irrational but I just couldn't help the anger bubbling up and over. Kinda scary really. Now I feel really down.

I have been horrible to my sister lately. giving out to her about EVERYTHING..find myself just screaming at her if she leaves a mug on the counter and doesnt put it in the dish washer... first on the list to get flowers when i unpregnant myself

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Then I had a few days where things that should have got to me didn't faze me at all. So weird!

I've had this a few times too but I actually quite like that part, feels like I'm the best drugs just smiling at the horror like a gobaloon.

its so wierd how much pregnancy can affect some people. I know some women who come across as if nothing fazes them, they arent sick or tired. Feel bad complaining somedays but its hard going. Not off putting as in i dont think id never go thru it again but it takes over your whole life. But hopefully at the end we'll have these little bundles that will make it all worthwhile... :) (now im in my emotional mode where life is beautiful!!) ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Pregnancy has actually made me really calm, which is a huge difference in temperament for me. My husband finds it eerily disconcerting. I think he's worried that behind the calm facade I am secretly plotting to stab him in his sleep! lol But I'm really not, can't be bothered. The only thing I am actually bothered about is the babies and the rest of the world can explode for all I care!

[QUOTE But I'm really not, can't be bothered. The only thing I am actually bothered about is the babies and the rest of the world can explode for all I care![/QUOTE]

ha im a bit like this most days too... i used to get all worked up about the smallest things and now i dont care if it done or not. i too tired to care but maybe the hubby is being extra cautious around his ticking time bomb of a wife!! ha ha. 17 weeks now, should i be feeling any kicking? wish i would soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

clareames wrote: »
    [QUOTE But I'm really not, can't be bothered. The only thing I am actually bothered about is the babies and the rest of the world can explode for all I care!

ha im a bit like this most days too... i used to get all worked up about the smallest things and now i dont care if it done or not. i too tired to care but maybe the hubby is being extra cautious around his ticking time bomb of a wife!! ha ha. 17 weeks now, should i be feeling any kicking? wish i would soon![/QUOTE]

I started to feel it at around 17/18 weeks, should be soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Well I'm nearly 23 weeks and feck all kicking/movement so far. :/ Wish it would start, I could really do with the reassurance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

Only 5 weeks left thank god......... i have been in hospital 3 times.... twice over chronicheadaches & fainting and once (last weekend) due to hind waters going..... i am so fed up with pregnancy...... just on egg shells at moment in case i go into prem labour.... only had 20 mins active labour on #1 ,

Now i got the steroids for baby boy's lungs..... but on a practical level I have no baby sitter til Monday night so dont want anything to happen til then,...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Had easily a day from hell.. My MIL invited us over and she had her young friend there. She has a 1 year old and goes on about how it was a one night stand and so on. Laughs about it then turns it into people give her a hard time about it. I just ignored her as every thing I said got took over and made about her. Anyway she was sitting there pretty much flirting with hubby and sayin how this fella txts her and she was gonna 'sleep' with another fella (put in a really horrible way which I can't post) and then she started about women's play toys and MIL encouraged it. I was fuming and just sat there lookin at the floor. I was been teased about been sick with morning sickness then and on top of this my 5 month old has a tooth nearly through and he is in awful form. Well I left fairly fast I can tell you and MIL leaves voicemail asking if I'm ok and blah blah!! I'm so annoyed. When I was pregnant first time same crap happened. Hubby sees what I'm sayin he noticed when we were leaving she said nice to see you 'again' to him and nothin to me yet they never met before. Had a good cry half hour ago still feel crap

Sweet_pea wrote: »

I've just realized that I've actually put on two stone since getting pregnant, I thought it was only one, my GP does it in kg but I'm still stuck in stone/lbs and maths does not appear to be my friend at the moment. I knew a carb heavy diet was bad but didn't realize it was that bad, can't believe I've put in that much with the fact that I've struggled to keep things down the past few months. Have to knock the toast on the head.

Weighed myself for the first time in months. Have put on about 6-7 kg in total which I think is about a stone and about 4 kg of that is since about week 8 (about half a stone). Not sure if that's good, bad or normal for twins. Going to ask the doctor on Monday when I see her. I was carrying at least a stone of extra weight before pregnancy so I'm trying not to put on too much weight but balance it with gaining enough for a healthy pregnancy. With me already being a bit chubby pre-pregnancy, having twins I'm worried about
    the increased chance of gestational diabetes.

Ugh, porridge and cheese for lunch...my diet is just so exciting.

I have just spent four hours in Holles street having a glucose tolerance test. Shoot me.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I have just spent four hours in Holles street having a glucose tolerance test. Shoot me.

eugh.
    Mine is in October. Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done I suppose!

eugh.
    Mine is in October. Not looking forward to it, but it has to be done I suppose!

I had the glucose challenge test yesterday, it came back with a result of 10.5; so they got me to come in for the GTT today. Fasting since 8pm last night, four blood tests one hour apart and a gicky glucose drink for breakfast and nothing else till I got out! Went for lunch afterwards, and I was shaking and faint by the time I sat down to eat. Not fun at all! Fingers and toes crossed it comes back negative; I've a feeling it won't though - both my sisters had GD on all their pregnancies.

oh fingers crossed nikpmup! hopefully you will avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

How at 13 weeks is my nausea continually getting worse? I sat with a bowl on my knees yesterday because I literally couldn't make it to the bathroom in order to puke. And was afraid of puking on my 1 year old. Which was a serious possibility with her teething nappies!

Also dreading my GTT in Dec... It was horrendous last time trying to hold down the lucozade. I gagged the whole time I was swallowing it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I had the gtt during the week too. Wasn't too bad and the four hours flew by. They'd a bit of trouble finding my veins though! My results came back and same day and they said I've impaired glucose tolerance so have to meet with dietician next week. This happen anyone?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Had easily a day from hell.. My MIL invited us over and she had her young friend there. She has a 1 year old and goes on about how it was a one night stand and so on. Laughs about it then turns it into people give her a hard time about it. I just ignored her as every thing I said got took over and made about her. Anyway she was sitting there pretty much flirting with hubby and sayin how this fella txts her and she was gonna 'sleep' with another fella (put in a really horrible way which I can't post) and then she started about women's play toys and MIL encouraged it. I was fuming and just sat there lookin at the floor. I was been teased about been sick with morning sickness then and on top of this my 5 month old has a tooth nearly through and he is in awful form. Well I left fairly fast I can tell you and MIL leaves voicemail asking if I'm ok and blah blah!! I'm so annoyed. When I was pregnant first time same crap happened. Hubby sees what I'm sayin he noticed when we were leaving she said nice to see you 'again' to him and nothin to me yet they never met before. Had a good cry half hour ago still feel crap

It sounds like a set-up deliberately to hurt you. I'm guessing the MIL knows that talking about shagging and sex toys make you feel uncomfortable and thats why this woman was invited when you were too. Plus she knows that this woman will flirt with your husband and gives it her tacit approval.

But, your husband and you see through this. Easier said than done, but see it for what it really is - a horrible woman trying to stir up trouble in your marriage when you are vulnerable and tired.

The best revenge is your own happiness. Being all loved up with your husband and enjoying the little family you are creating is far better revenge than a telling off will ever do. And when MIL realises that she is sitting at home on her own on Christmas morning when you and your husband are sore from smiling at your children's delight at what Santa brought, she'll regret not forging stronger links with you and your children.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Wow :( oh God, you poor thing..

I fell out with my FIL towards the end of my pregnancy.. he used to make snide remarks about my weight for example.. just enjoyed winding me up.. it caused terrible problems between me and my partner tbh.. he tried to make excuses for him.. now he openly admits that he's just a 'difficult' man :rolleyes:

We didn't get on for a long time after the baby arrived either.. If I wasn't pregnant and already feeling so crap in myself it probably wouldn't have had such a bad effect on me.. but it really spoiled the last few weeks of my pregnancy.. I felt like he was kicking me when I was so vulnerable already.

We tollorate each other now, I'm well able for him these days.. but I don't think we'll ever be 'close'.. unfortunately..

I feel for you.. I hope things improve with her..

Congrats and good luck.. don't let it ruin your special time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ah hayfever. Bloody sneezing all day. Been using a nasal spray (prevalin) ok by the doc. But its crap. Have a sore nose from blowing it and one of does lovely headaches. Right between your eyes.
    Went in to 2 different chemist today to see if i could use anything even albas oil or something. But have to check with the doc.
    Oh i just wish i could breath. And i look like im crying half the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Suucee wrote: »
    Ah hayfever. Bloody sneezing all day. Been using a nasal spray (prevalin) ok by the doc. But its crap. Have a sore nose from blowing it and one of does lovely headaches. Right between your eyes.
    Went in to 2 different chemist today to see if i could use anything even albas oil or something. But have to check with the doc.
    Oh i just wish i could breath. And i look like im crying half the time.

I used piriton when I was pregnant. N a cold face cloth over your eyes does wonders for hay fever headaches. Press it into your eyes n temples to cool your sinuses down :)

Yeah I found the hay fever quite bad the last few weeks but it seems to be calming down now a little with the cooler weather. Didn't like the sneezing at the start of the summer as it use to hurt/pull just above the pubic line.

I'm really enjoying the cooler weather now though, can't wait for winter. Felt like a moaning furnace the past few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Do they make all women over a certain BMI do the glucose challenge test now or are there certain criteria set out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Different hospitals have different criteria. The coombe are very strict so over a certain bmi, 2 or 3 cases of sugar in urine and if they think you're measuring too big.

Congrats on your pregnancy btw

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Different hospitals have different criteria. The coombe are very strict so over a certain bmi, 2 or 3 cases of sugar in urine and if they think you're measuring too big.

Congrats on your pregnancy btw

Thanks a mill :) I've never had a big baby or measured big so fingers crossed I can skip the test... I fricking hate lucozade...

Advertisement