Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Yep - have a hairy belly too! but my hair is dark! I feel like a yeti!

Me too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hello lady, I don't know if its helpful but just to tell you my experience - I've had an extra 4 visits to gp so far as I've to get b12 injections. The receptionist told me that although ill exceed the allocated number of visits, she'll get the doc to write a letter to explain why I've had more and they'll all be covered under combined care. Is it worth asking your gp to do same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Yep - have a hairy belly too! but my hair is dark! I feel like a yeti!

The glamour! It really is a special time... Between the excess hair, the peeing/bowel issues, flatulence, swelling up like a balloon....... :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭firsttimemammy

I never realised that about the hairy belly, but I've just had a look at mine, and realised that hair I was studiously ignoring is there.

The glamour is right!!!

I never realised that about the hairy belly, but I've just had a look at mine, and realised that hair I was studiously ignoring is there.

The glamour is right!!!

I'm just really glad I'm blonde, I can just about get away with it... I've seven weeks to go, I wonder just how wooly I'm going to get?! :eek: :p

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm just really glad I'm blonde, I can just about get away with it... I've seven weeks to go, I wonder just how wooly I'm going to get?! :eek: :p

I think worse case scenario is my dads belly.... Im nearly as big as him (and hairy) :( and the flatulence.... And my craving for chocolate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

My stupid thyroid is gone stupidly over active which is probably why I feel so absolutely horrendous. Had to get my inlaws to come back and give my little girl dinner so I could go to bed cause hubby was working late. I'm weak and coming out in sweats pregnancy wreaks havoc on me.

Seriously, i only went toilet 10 minutes ago. Stop playing squeezy toy with my bladder. You will have loads of toys when you get here to play with. Just give mammy a few hours of solid sleep.... Please xx

Also Sciatica sucks ass :-(

Seriously, i only went toilet 10 minutes ago. Stop playing squeezy toy with my bladder. You will have loads of toys when you get here to play with. Just give mammy a few hours of solid sleep.... Please xx

Also Sciatica sucks ass :-(

Yes it does! Big time!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 daisylady

I'm due next week, and having pretty horrible chest and diaphram pain, had a physio app during the week, she gave me good tips to try help control it when i get a bout of it, so it doesn't have me in tears and feeling completely hopeless - eating paracetemol aswell, trying not to go over the dosage.
    Basically feeling pants :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

kandr10 wrote: »
    Hello lady, I don't know if its helpful but just to tell you my experience - I've had an extra 4 visits to gp so far as I've to get b12 injections. The receptionist told me that although ill exceed the allocated number of visits, she'll get the doc to write a letter to explain why I've had more and they'll all be covered under combined care. Is it worth asking your gp to do same?

thanks for that. Its actually my GP refusing to see me under the combined care so I doubt he will write a letter. But I am back at my consultant in 3 weeks so I will ask her if she will write a letter and I'll give a copy to my GP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

thanks for that. Its actually my GP refusing to see me under the combined care so I doubt he will write a letter. But I am back at my consultant in 3 weeks so I will ask her if she will write a letter and I'll give a copy to my GP.

Can't believe that! Have had to have a few extra visits so far this pregnancy and will have a few more before the 6 weeks are up. I haven't been charged for any. No one has even mentioned that I have gone above my 'quota'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Had my very own exorcist moment last night. I ended up projectile vomiting all over myself and bathroom, it was absolutely horrific, never knew you could get sick with such force. Very happy no one else was home to witness it. :eek:

Ugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

wow that sucks to no end... think the worst part is no one (mammy) to clean up after you.. I never get sick and when I did with my son I realised I'd to clean it myself :P

I wouldn't have wanted anyone to clean that up after me tbh but I probably would've like to have had someone to give me a hug afterwards. Was a bit shakey and emotional so ended up going to straight to bed (after I had a shower!)and crying myself to sleep. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

I 've a big moan which is also a worry. Might be tmI but I need to share! Bit of stinging down below. Urine check came back clear. Decided have a look last nite. Guess what... I have a huge varicose vein there! :-( it's huge and looks awful. This is self diagnosed. Ringing doc in mornin to see what the story is. Any one else ever have this? It's been feeling heavy and fat but I thought nothin of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

ok i heard at the weekend that u cant eat ice cream cones/whipped cones when ur pregnant? is this correct does anyone know...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

clareames wrote: »
    ok i heard at the weekend that u cant eat ice cream cones/whipped cones when ur pregnant? is this correct does anyone know...

The whipped ones from the machine because if the machine isn't properly cleaned there's a small chance of Listeria. Didn't stop me in the hot weather though. Yum yum 99s!

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    Had my very own exorcist moment last night. I ended up projectile vomiting all over myself and bathroom, it was absolutely horrific, never knew you could get sick with such force. Very happy no one else was home to witness it. :eek:

Ugh...

I vomited all over myself in the car on the way to work one morning! Nothing I could do but try to make the best of the situation with baby wipes and then when I got to work get changed (luckily I had a fleecy top in the boot of the car) and wash out my blouse and let it dry. he smell in the car was god awful as well so had to clean that out before it got really bad too. And it was like you said, almost instant, just bleugh everywhere, didn't even get a chance to get my head into the bag I carry permanently with me!
    yes you're not supposed to. As Das Kitty says, its the dreaded listeriosa germ again! :( But its just the soft whipped cones, the scoop ice-cream is fine.

Just the soft whipped stuff out of the machines - I made up for it by having loads of scoops instead :)

• Advertisement

So, along with the ms, I'm now getting nose bleeds...I must be really attractive in the mornings!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

well i had a hen party at the weekend with all my closest friends. and what a bummer with no alcohol... i nearly cried when everyone got on the bus and starting to open their cans or pour their drinks. there was me with my diet coke! was awful. altho ive been out plenty of nights with my hubby, and did 3 weddings not drinking, this by far was the worst! in the end i did enjoy myself but its not the same! All the girls were mad dancing and i was just standing at the side watching just loving to have been in the middle of it all! and to top it all off when everyone was comatose in bed later that night, i was being kept awake by the constant banging in the hotel room upstairs - a bed banging off the wall for 2 whole hours.. lucky girl whoever she was the stamina he had!! Ha
    i felt nearly as hungover as everyone else the next morn when i should have been bright as a breeze!! oh the joys!!!

So much to do today and all I want to do is crawl into bed.

Absolutely zero energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I have a headache I cannot shift, and managed to projectile vomit on top of my one year old today. Felt worse than you can imagine :( got no warning hit walls, doors, floor too I was so so upset not something I ever ever want to happen again :(

My mam was having a cigerette out in the garden and when she came in, she brought in dog crap through the house.... OH is like an antichrist over it and wants to get rid of the dog.... He is the one who whined for one when we got the house, my dad had this dog trained and gave her to us... I love her and its like a safety blanket when im alone in the house... But hes been a spoilt brat over it, shes loveable. Im standing my ground on this, even if it means hell end up under it. :-(

My mam was having a cigerette out in the garden and when she came in, she brought in dog crap through the house.... OH is like an antichrist over it and wants to get rid of the dog.... He is the one who whined for one when we got the house, my dad had this dog trained and gave her to us... I love her and its like a safety blanket when im alone in the house... But hes been a spoilt brat over it, shes loveable. Im standing my ground on this, even if it means hell end up under it. :-(

Tell him if the dog goes, he goes too! You're at the stage of pregnancy where you're allowed to be as unreasonable as you like! (Not that you're being unreasonable - if anything he is, I wouldn't part with my doggie for ANYTHING!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Get him to pick up the dog shít in the garden while you're at it.

pwurple wrote: »
    Get him to pick up the dog shít in the garden while you're at it.

Haha thats the first thing i said to him, ive tried the last few weeks to do it but just cant do it anymore. I went out and bought her a new doggy bed and toy just to p!ss him off...

We all do it, step in crap. Get over it. I washed the floor again after he headed into work.... Ugh..

so I have a bad headcold (again) and it won't shift. Had it since last Thursday evening, and I am pretty certain it has now progressed to a sinus infection if the luminous green offerings from my nose are anything to go by. I don't really want to go to the GP as I know he will just give me antibiotics (which I reckon are what caused this in the first place as I had a sore throat and was on them for a week, when personally I think 3 days would have been enough).

Other than steaming with vicks or eucalyptus does anyone have any traditional remedies for sinus infection and being blocked? Finding it very hard to breathe at night, and just totally bunged up. Feel like I have a head full of cotton wool and a nose full of cement! :(

• Advertisement

so I have a bad headcold (again) and it won't shift. Had it since last Thursday evening, and I am pretty certain it has now progressed to a sinus infection if the luminous green offerings from my nose are anything to go by. I don't really want to go to the GP as I know he will just give me antibiotics (which I reckon are what caused this in the first place as I had a sore throat and was on them for a week, when personally I think 3 days would have been enough).

Other than steaming with vicks or eucalyptus does anyone have any traditional remedies for sinus infection and being blocked? Finding it very hard to breathe at night, and just totally bunged up. Feel like I have a head full of cotton wool and a nose full of cement! :(

Oh yuk! I had one a few months ago, they're horrible, and so painful! I spent a week moaning on the couch with hot flannels on my face! Try the nasal salt spray from the chemist, it's nasty, but perfectly safe and it works. If it doesn't shift or gets any worse than you should see your GP - a high temp/fever is not good for babs.

Advertisement