Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

My temp has gone down thanks to paracetamol thank god. I usually use a netti pot each day with a saline rinse, but the problem is everything is so blocked that the spray and netti pot can't clear anything out. I need to unblock everything before I can rinse it out properly.

Had a vicks steam bath last night and it helped a bit, not loads but a bit. Will go again tonight and hopefully gradually things might start to shift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Well its a chest infection now :( On antibiotics til Sunday, if no better then its back to doctor for steroids and if that doesn't work by Tuesday then its hospital and steroids so they can monitor me. Please god the antibiotics work and I feel better before we have to go down the steroid route.
    Feel totally wiped out. BIG lie in for me tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

so from yesterday afternoon i have been having braxton hicks 2 sometimes 3 times an hour including during the night. finally after a walk this evening they let up!! i had rang the maternity ward a few hours earlier and she said if they are they are less than 30 mins apart come in for a check. for an hour they did come every 15mins but then i went for the walk and it seems to have calmed it. thank god. I was starting to get worried. bit more relaxed now and baby is still moving so it must have been braxton hicks. belly would go rock solid. no real pains. def didnt have them last time

Anyone else have them like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

As excited as I am about the news, it takes a lot of effort to act excited - I seem to be having the worst morning sickness I've ever witnessed. Although the main event takes place between 10pm and 3am, and I just have horrific nausea all day otherwise.

OH keeps saying "dont they say its a good sign for the pregnancy?? :D" And god bless the sweetheart and his good intentions but its making me wanna punch him lightly somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Well its a chest infection now :( On antibiotics til Sunday, if no better then its back to doctor for steroids and if that doesn't work by Tuesday then its hospital and steroids so they can monitor me. Please god the antibiotics work and I feel better before we have to go down the steroid route.

Hope you're feeling better

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Woke up coughing with my newly acquired cold and had the chilling thought of abdominal stitches bursting.

Now I can't sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

OH keeps saying "dont they say its a good sign for the pregnancy?? :D" And god bless the sweetheart and his good intentions but its making me wanna punch him lightly somewhere[/QUOTE]

Punch him anyway, you'll feel better :P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Nooooo, hope you are feeling better HL xxxx

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Woke up coughing with my newly acquired cold and had the chilling thought of abdominal stitches bursting.

Now I can't sleep.

As you said, at least now you can have the good drugs! If you're not breastfeeding, get some solpadene in - codiene kills the cough reflex. Good luck today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Wish I knew that about the codeine after giving birth to DS. The tube they put down my neck when I was knocked out after giving birth left me coughing for over a week..

My moan I need sleep! 12 weeks pregnant with no sleep just doesn't work. I went to bed with a mild headache and thanks to a 5 and half months old teething I got 2 hours sleep which was between 6 and 8am. Well now Iv a migraine. Lien awake all night looking at your husband asleep just isn't nice at any time in your life least of all now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Wish I knew that about the codeine after giving birth to DS. The tube they put down my neck when I was knocked out after giving birth left me coughing for over a week..

My moan I need sleep! 12 weeks pregnant with no sleep just doesn't work. I went to bed with a mild headache and thanks to a 5 and half months old teething I got 2 hours sleep which was between 6 and 8am. Well now Iv a migraine. Lien awake all night looking at your husband asleep just isn't nice at any time in your life least of all now!!

This! A horrible cough and a c section scar do not go together... :\

I've been pretty lucky... no real morning sickness, just some nausea and tiredness...

An important thing to note if you're taking codiene for a cough is NOT to take it if you've got a productive cough, ie if you're coughing up phlegm. If you suppress the cough then the phlegm sits in your chest and can cause an infection. It's great for a dry cough, the kind that tears your throat but isn't productive. Also, be careful not to take it for more than a few days (solpadene police here!!)

I find it hard to swallow folic acid tablets so I'll only literally take the bare minimum and only last a day doin so. Most tablets won't go down for me (it's all in my head thanks to tablets I was on that made me sick for weeks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Not a moan but just thought would help

Lidl are getting in body pillows on thurs 3rd for only 10.99. 40 x 145cm
    Think ill be taking a trip. OH complaining only last night about using his pillows.

I'd double thank for that info if I could. I really needed one first time round but never happened this time I'm gettin one

I'd double thank for that info if I could. I really needed one first time round but never happened this time I'm gettin one

Same as that, I just found it by accident. Hoping it helps get a bit of sleep. Hopefully there will be some left by the time I get there after work on Thursday.

You should send someone in if you lived near by I'd near do it for ya.

Sleep from having pillow would be great but baby is another issue. Him and his many teeth he's gettin

You should send someone in if you lived near by I'd near do it for ya.

Sleep from having pillow would be great but baby is another issue. Him and his many teeth he's gettin

Ha yea. id say its hard with such a small gap. My LO was the same last night, first night in "big bed" at 17 months. Bed didn't bother her one bit but has caught her daddy's head cold and cough. So poor divil was coughing and sneezing all night. Hoping she's not as bad tonight.

Ah thanks your so good. I'll ask my SIL if she's free she might tip over.

I suggest you do ask her don't risk it there expensive online.
    Both me and hubby had head cold he's better I'm gettin there and so far little man is still sniffle free. But I think he's enough to deal with now without the cold.

Lookin forward to the pillow now. Hubby will want one next

I had it about 2 weeks ago and a head ache for about 4 days. Thought I was going to crack up not being able to take anything except panadol.
    Oh hope he improves tonight. I was going to post on your other thread re teething but thought you might think I was following you (haha) I found a mixture of teetha sachets, bonjela and calpol when really bad. I use the amber bracelet also. Havent had major problems to be honest except with eye teeth which have been coming for ages now and still haven't appeared yet. I haven't used bonjella for a while either for fear of loosing a finger.

Sil is going to get me the pillow thurs thankfully. So looking forward to it also.

I had to ring hospital today as at nearly 16 weeks I haven't had my first booking appointment yet, was referred to EPU in the early stages and hadn't been too worried as GP has ultra sound so i've had a few scans but when I still hadn't heard anything last week I got a little worried. Rang last week and got the old "we'll look into it" so called again today and no record of me. Hospital blaming gp saying he didn't send a letter which I assume he did as I got my letter a few weeks ago about my maternity combined care.
    So they said I would either have to come in this thurs or next. They were supposed to call me back but didn't . (surprise, surprise).
    Looks like I will have to make another phone call tomorrow.

So luckily SIL getting pillow as I could be spending half my day at the hospital. Ugh the excited, dreading thoughts of it.

• Advertisement

Glad to hear you'll have your pillow!
    I love bonjella I'll have to hide it from myself.
    I had my booking done last week in the EPU but they thought I was 13 weeks which was changed to 11 weeks.
    I think annoy them in the hospital or annoy your GP
    Hope it's sorted tomorrow

Yea ill give them a call again tomorrow. I havent been too worrried as have had 4 scans already but time is pushing on. Lucky i did ring today really. I just hate having to sit there and wait for so long. But looking forward to another scan.

What's the waiting like in the clinic in mullingar? I did my booking there but moved me to longford then. This time I'll be in mullingar the whole way through

What's the waiting like in the clinic in mullingar? I did my booking there but moved me to longford then. This time I'll be in mullingar the whole way through

Oh god. Hours. Never got out in less than 2 hours last time. Which was 2011/2012 . 3 and a half was my longest. . From 2.30 to 6pm.
    Some days it was hard to get a seat to the extend where a midwife had to ask a father to be to stand so i could have a seat. Cant remember how far i was but very near the end.
    I think it depends on the clinic though. My SIL was pregnant at the same time but under a different consultant and she didnt have it as bad.

I'm afraid to ask which consultant. I had it down to about 2 hours in longford but I was there super early and they weren't in for an hour and half so the waiting was awful. It's a bit much to expect us to sit there all day this time will be harder wit a baby too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Just checking in for a moan/rant... One of my colleagues (not even my boss) is being an absolute w@nker about my certs/appointment cards etc; (the person who normally approves these if off at the moment so he has taken it upon himself to follow it up) I photocopied my whole hospital chart and after removing all personal info I dumped it on his desk and proceeded to apply retrospectively for antenatal leave for my first GP appointment (the one that confirmed my pregnancy) and the private scan I had done (I left the office early that day instead of booking time off. He nearly fainted.
    Separately, I ended up in casualty after my 3rd unexplained bleed yesterday (I'm 28 weeks) all is grand with the baby but if it happens again they'll admit me. My blood pressure is very low and gears lower each appointment. Fun and games, eh? :)
    Thanks for letting me rant xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

I suffer with FMS so fatigue isnt really new to me but somehow I'm feeling even more run down. Is it normal this early on in the pregnancy to be really tired? I'm only coming up to 8 weeks (apparently, I'll have it confirmed at my appointment tomorrow) but the morning sickness and fatigue has been really bad. OH (who is as of last night officially my husband to be) has been great with it though, went out of his way to pick me up from work because it was raining bless it's rare that he'll leave the gym before 6pm on a normal day :P Pregnancy def has its perks

I'm afraid to ask which consultant. I had it down to about 2 hours in longford but I was there super early and they weren't in for an hour and half so the waiting was awful. It's a bit much to expect us to sit there all day this time will be harder wit a baby too

Well i got it sorted have to go in this thurs afternoon. Im with dr mortell. Was last time too. My other SIL who now has a 5 month old was also with him and said appointments were still very long when she was attending for her first appointment she was in for 1.30 and out at 5.30 . Thats mad. Ill keep you posted on how i get on thursday.

Yes tiredness in the first 3 months is terrible. But it eases after 12 weeks. I was sleeping 10 hours at night if i could get it and still wrecked.

Glad you got sorted I'm under Gannon same last time. As I said don't know what the waits like in mullingar will know in the near future though!

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and sick have headaches and then tiredness. Last time I was 16 weeks when it all settled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭clare82

here is my moan:
    'any news?'
    'baby yet?'
    'anything stirring?'
    'hows the bump?'
    'is she here yet?'
    'well?'

seriously do they think i wont tell them?!! i know ppl are just excited but im nearly 41 wks and its taking its toll on me now..feel like hopping the phone off the wall and putting my fist through the laptop :(

Advertisement