Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

ynwa14 wrote: »
    I suffer with FMS so fatigue isnt really new to me but somehow I'm feeling even more run down. Is it normal this early on in the pregnancy to be really tired? I'm only coming up to 8 weeks (apparently, I'll have it confirmed at my appointment tomorrow) but the morning sickness and fatigue has been really bad. OH (who is as of last night officially my husband to be) has been great with it though, went out of his way to pick me up from work because it was raining bless it's rare that he'll leave the gym before 6pm on a normal day :P Pregnancy def has its perks

Congrats on the engagement! How exciting :-) fatigue is pretty bad early on but it does get better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Woke up from a horrible nightmare last night only to immediately get sick in the bed. Was not pleasant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭ynwa14

Apparently I'm actually 9 and a half weeks! cant believe it. Turns out we're not the best at calculating this kind of stuff (my A in Maths looks really irrelevant right now :P) I do have a really long/irregular cycle though so I expected to be off a bit.

The appointment this morning was overwhelming but amazing, going back to work was a pain though. Didnt help that at lunch break it was raining and slippery stairs and my clumsy-ness did NOT go well. I'm really paranoid about falling now, even though I'm not experiencing any pain from it, because I miscarried early on almost over a year ago everythings freaking me out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

It's understandable I was the same all the way through and thought I was home free until 4 days before I gave birth I split my knee open and had to get stitches. I was lucky I knew baby was fine as I could feel him moving and then they said that they are so well protected there that I don't need worry. But they gave me a huge fright when I was stitched they said they would check heart beat but for a few mins I heard nothin. Then they told me battery's were dead they just wanted to see if there was enough to hear. Talk about heart stopper but as they said there well protected so not to stress. I wouldn't worry I had a huge fall and with a huge belly and he was totally fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Because I am having a multiple birth which increases the chances of c-section, and have sciatica I had to meet with the anaesthetist today. Not entirely good news - there is a 50/50 chance that if I do need a c-section I may not be able to have an epidural. Due to the fact that my back issue is nerve related, epidurals are not always appropriate. He said that as long as I have not had a flare up in the 10-14 days prior to delivery then I can get the epidural, but if I have had any flare up in that time it would have to be a full anaesthetic, which means I would be knocked out when my babies are born and I really don't want that. I would rather have a natural labour without any pain relief than be unconscious!

So looks like I will have to be extra dedicated to my yoga exercises and using my fitness ball in an attempt to keep the sciatica at bay between now and the delivery.

I also got talking to a lady who had twins 2 years ago - they came at 33 weeks! that's only 6 and a bit weeks from where I am now! that freaked me out a bit I have to admit! please god my two will be far to comfy to want to come out for at least another 10 weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Im killed with heartburn, less then 2 weeks to go im still getting a flare up :/( Ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Done something to my left hip :( can barely walk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

My back and pelvis are officially broken to pieces.
    I was due yesterday but Monday by hospital date and it doesn't help that i'm measuring at least 2 weeks ahead. My bump is huge and I can barely walk from the bed to the bathroom.:(
    Doesn't help that my 23mth old had me up at all hours but luckily I have an amazing Dp who took the kids off and ordered me to bed for the day.:D

Being kept up to all hours with this nausea and I'm up at 6am, will never get an ounce of sleep again I reckon :( Doesn't help that oh is looking all angelic snoring his head off fast asleep, please give me some of your ten hours sir

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Hi Ladies,

Newbie here!!! Due in January and I feel like the weeks are just dragging in. I'm still getting sick, thankfully it's now only on the morning time. I have had 3 kidney infections and been diagnosed with SPD. This is my 3rd child and I don't rememeber feeling like this on either of the other two. I swear to God this is my last one!!! What i would love now is a nice meal, with a large vodka followed by a few cigarettes:) Roll on January!!!

• Advertisement

Welcomeee ^^ :D Feelin you on the sickness, seems to be getting worse with every dayy. Plus suddenly I have strong aversions to most food thats been cooked in an oven??! I cant even describe it, just the thought of oven cooked food is making me feel nauseous. Its the weirdest thing.

Migraines I'm honestly going to go stone mad! Usually I get an injection into the back to get rid of the migraines but can't. I'm gonna go crazy nothing else for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Nausea has passed just aboutish at 18 weeks to be replaced by horrible irritating itchiness, more itchiness and some more!!

I'm still feeling nauseous at almost 27 weeks and still vomiting on occasion. Although now I think it's more a physiological thing than a hormone thing - my stomach is just getting squished and that is making me feel ill. Can't bend down without wanting to heave - filling the dishwasher or putting in a load in the washing machine inevitably results in me heaving and retching :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I had a migraine for 3 days 2 weeks ago and bought these sticky patches you put on your forehead called cool and soothe, got instant relief amazing. I am still vomiting everyday up to 30 times :( I am on week 25/26 and have literally vomited for the last 21 weeks. Hyperemesis is an absolute joke. I am praying it stops at 28 weeks! Have been off work for the last 4 weeks. Am literally housebound, tried to drive to doctor yesterday to collect my certs but started vomiting as soon as I sat in my car, then in a plastic bag and all down my top :( it seriously taking the best out of me!!

Oh millem :( I had hyperemesis on my first and like that couldn't drive was housebound sick and it was so so awful. Massive hugs x

I swear I jinxed myself by saying nausea was passing am so sick today aagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ugh this heartburn is getting on my nerves now...

cyning wrote: »
    Oh millem :( I had hyperemesis on my first and like that couldn't drive was housebound sick and it was so so awful. Massive hugs x

I swear I jinxed myself by saying nausea was passing am so sick today aagh

Please tell me it disappears?? The doc tells me any day I will wake up
    And it will be gone!! I am literally praying. It has traumatised me literally and it will Defo be an only child!!

Millem wrote: »
    Please tell me it disappears?? The doc tells me any day I will wake up
    And it will be gone!! I am literally praying. It has traumatised me literally and it will Defo be an only child!!

I get the traumatised thing... I swore I was never having another one. I had my baby in the July and got a vomiting bug in the Dec and bawled hysterically between puking because I was so afraid I was pregnant and was going to have it for months again ;) I'm 18 weeks pregnant and C is 15 months now!

For me it definitely eased off. I still used get sick in the mornings but was able to eat (and drink) and my baba was 7lb 15oz.

I don't think anyone can understand how horrendous that level of sickness is unless they go through it.

cyning wrote: »
    I get the traumatised thing... I swore I was never having another one. I had my baby in the July and got a vomiting bug in the Dec and bawled hysterically between puking because I was so afraid I was pregnant and was going to have it for months again ;) I'm 18 weeks pregnant and C is 15 months now!

For me it definitely eased off. I still used get sick in the mornings but was able to eat (and drink) and my baba was 7lb 15oz.

I don't think anyone can understand how horrendous that level of sickness is unless they go through it.

You are 100% right!! It really annoys me when people are like "I know how you feel I never actually vomited but I FELT sick"!!! I don't think you get a lot of sympathy either! Baby is measuring grand but I haven't put on a pound! I still can't stomach a proper dinner. I don't know how I could manage this and having a small baby to look after! Fair play to you. I was still vomiting at 10.30 last night! Thankfully I haven't been hospitised. A nurse from the occupational health people from work rang me last week and suggested tablets but I told her my gp doesn't prescribe them!! I was very sick when she rang god only knows what I said to her that she said I didn't need to get checked by there doctor!! I think I was a bit hysterical at the time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I had a week solid last week of getting sick (and it containing blood from a cut in my throat apparently), ladies, you have my fullest of sympathies and everything else - after a week I was so worked up by it that I honestly don't know how they haven't created a cure. My doctor put me on tablets for the nausea to let my throat heal - why is your GP not giving them??

I had a week solid last week of getting sick (and it containing blood from a cut in my throat apparently), ladies, you have my fullest of sympathies and everything else - after a week I was so worked up by it that I honestly don't know how they haven't created a cure. My doctor put me on tablets for the nausea to let my throat heal - why is your GP not giving them??

He said "he doesn't want to go down that route". In fairness I am such a chicken I would be too afraid to take them! Holles street are the same as him at my last appointment "ice cubes" were suggested!! The only other suggestion from consultant was ginger nuts!

Some docs do not prescribe drugs for hyperemesis.

I lost 21 pounds, was vomiting blood, burst blood vessels in my eyes, pulled muscles in my side. Had Zantec and maxalon by iv in hospital. But they wouldn't give me anything to take at home. Had 3 inpatient stays for just 3 weeks in total and all the above in the first 14 weeks.

What bugs me more than anything is I had a nurse tell me my sickness this time wasn't as bad because I had less time to think about it?? Ah ya that's why my sickness isn't as bad!! Sure hyperemesis is all in your head ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Millem wrote: »
    The doc tells me any day I will wake up
    And it will be gone!!

I really don't want to be disparaging but this drove me mad. I was told all along, at 12 weeks you'll wake up and it'll be gone and than it was at 18 weeks blah blah. I'm 29 weeks and it's never fully gone away...

It's different for everyone so now I just take every day as it comes, I've got my few tricks that kinda work for me and then I have days where nothing at all works.

The only thing I keep in my head is that there is an actually end in sight.

Sweet_pea wrote: »
    I really don't want to be disparaging but this drove me mad. I was told all along, at 12 weeks you'll wake up and it'll be gone and than it was at 18 weeks blah blah. I'm 29 weeks and it's never fully gone away...

It's different for everyone so now I just take every day as it comes, I've got my few tricks that kinda work for me and then I have days where nothing at all works.

The only thing I keep in my head is that there is an actually end in sight.

They say the exact same to me!! I felt really bad being off sick from work but now I am over it. There is no chance I could be there. I can't even make a proper dinner here for us never mind teach home ec to 20 teenagers!! I keep telling myself on January!!!

I'm sick this time same as first time and first time it was week 17 when it went from week 6. In all that time it went away then came back with a vengeance after only a few days of ease. So I was waiting for it to come back so many times after week 17. Then when my bump was huge I couldn't keep food down unless I ate small bits as DS kicked it out of me. Pregnancy is so much fun. I had SPD from week 28 too so exercise was a killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ugh im so tired, havent slept properly in months. Think ive a cold coming on, and back is killing me and sneezed when driving this evening and the pain i got in my lower tummy pelvis area nearly made me roar.
    Plus ive a poorly toddler whos teething, coming down with a cold also and burnt her hand on the stove in her nanas (just the tops of her fingers but still) .
    Oh and im getfing stick in work.
    Wish i could just sleep. The world would be a brighter place if i could sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

My friend had hyperemisis she was hospitalised about 13 times ! Awful time ! Im so so lucky to be feeling so good .. You have my sympathies x

Had check up with GP last night heard heartbeat :D so cool !!!! Still cant sleep and have a hen this weekend :( its going to be a long one !

Sauce your not having a good day not helped of course by lack of sleep.

For me iv started drinking sparkling water and it's helping with sick tummy

And kool'n soothe gel sheets are really helping with migraines! Defo recommend them.

• Advertisement

Puked all over the kitchen floor this morning and couldn't bend down to clean it without the bending making me heave again! so had to just stick some paper towel on it and call my OH and ask him to clean it up. Felt quite guilty asking him to do it, but it's good practice for when the little ones arrive!

Advertisement