Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I can't stop sleeping on my back! :/ 28 weeks now, I was told it would stop naturally as I got bigger as it would be too uncomfortable, but nope! I go to sleep on my side, often propped up with pillow etc, but wake up lovely and cozy, flat on my back!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm pretty sure I never slept on my back before I got pregnant! :rolleyes: My body's just being stubborn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I can't stop sleeping on my back! :/ 28 weeks now, I was told it would stop naturally as I got bigger as it would be too uncomfortable, but nope! I go to sleep on my side, often propped up with pillow etc, but wake up lovely and cozy, flat on my back!

I wouldn't mind, but I'm pretty sure I never slept on my back before I got pregnant! :rolleyes: My body's just being stubborn!

I never sleptbon my back before my first pregnancy and same as you would wake up on my back nice and comfy.

Mentioned it to doc as heard so many people telling me you should sleep on side and doc had no prob. What ever way i got some sleep.

Now 17 weeks with no 2 and past 2 nights are the the only nights in months ive had a decent sleep. Both times i woke on my back. Even though i go asleep on my side and my back is fairly sore i still manage to sleep pretty decentlty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's fine as long as you feel comfortable. I slept on my tummy all the way through my previous pregnancies and doc said it was fine as long as I was comfy because baby wouldn't get squashed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah I sleep on my stomach all the time - no way no how can I remain on my side :/ Hoping it doesn't cause any hassle later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Yeah I sleep on my stomach all the time - no way no how can I remain on my side :/ Hoping it doesn't cause any hassle later on!

Im 39 weeks and still on my stomach :) all about whats comfortable for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I slept on my back all the way up to birth. 'Twas grand. :)

I feel like crap. LO has a throat and ear infection ,coughing loads and her temp keeps spiking. She was up half the night so so was i.
    So i went for a lie down earlier and got OH to wake me as knew if i slept too long i wont sleep tonight. Woke with really dry scratchy throat. Now have head ache and so blocked up cant breate and ears feel like there crakling. Think ive picked up what ever she has.
    Ugh pregnancy sick toddler and feeling like crap dont go well together.

On a not so moany note, found out yesterday were having a boy. I was convinced it was another girl. So happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

18 weeks in and now nausea gets so bad I need an injection to keep fluids down and am at 2+ in ketones. Trying so so hard to avoid hospital with 15 month old at home. Hoping it's just a touch of a virus :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm nearing 14 weeks and my sickness has me on the couch all day. If I get much worse I'll be in midoc. I'm defo avoiding hospital I have a 6 month old to care for.

I'm not just as bad as you but I feel for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Well my morning sickness has come back with a bang thanks to entering the 3rd trimester :( Vomiting every morning for the last 3 days and feeling puky the rest of the day (but not getting sick all day like I did in early pregnancy). Although it is only the first week of my 3rd trimester, so it might get worse as the hormone levels drop. I have noticed also that my bump is dropping - which is a good thing for getting in and out of bed, I'm not so much like a turtle on her back! but not such a good sign that these babies will stay in until week 36!

Also have been diagnosed with tendonitis as well as carpal tunnel in my hands. Having ultrasound therapy from the physio department. No improvement so far, but only had one session so need to give it a chance.

And the budget is due today.....so all in all I'm a bit of a misery guts today!

• Advertisement

Well iv had 3 days of constant sickness now and migraines that won't let up all with a 6 month old that is awake hourly during the night lookin for his dummy I'm not sure how much further I can go on little to no sleep. On a plus note while been awake most the night I got to listen to the rain which was nice and relaxing. Forgot today is shopping day :-( not easy with baby in toe

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I tend to do my shopping online now with tesco. Got some money of vouchers for €20 off last weeks shop and have another for this week. Nothing worse than doing the shopping while sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I tend to do my shopping online now with tesco. Got some money of vouchers for €20 off last weeks shop and have another for this week. Nothing worse than doing the shopping while sick.

Same here - I do the majority of my shopping online now and just give hubby a list of other bits to pick up in lidl on his way home once a week. We actually are saving money because I am not buying as much - now, from time to time I will totally forget something I meant to get, but generally there is nothing we can't manage without til the next week and if we do I send him to get it. It is making my life so much easier I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Wide awake for the last hour or two and the cold that I thought was finally lifting seems to be back with a bang :(

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Pregnancy has turned me into an insomniac !!! Up since 3.30 am !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I manage to start keeping fluids down, and start eating again. And avoided hospital thank god!! So obviously my traitorous body then thinks what can I do now? Oh I know so I get constipated (which look happens) and then I get piles. Again. Painful as hell. This morning. And thrush in my nipples which I didn't get in 15 months of breastfeeding but get 3 weeks after I stop? So ya you body, suck. Suck suck suck.

Aaaaand deep breath!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

29 weeks, and the puking is back. I left a lovely trail of vomit from the bus stop to my house last night - my neighbours must love me ... I'd usually have a stock of puke-bags in my handbag at all times, but I hadn't gotten sick in about five weeks, so I thought it was finally over. Ah well, the break was nice while it lasted. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

For anyone suffering from horrendous heartburn, try peppermint tea/peppermint cordial. It is amazing :) I was drinking milk but it was actually curdling in my stomach and I was vomiting back up! Nearly 27 weeks and hyperemesis still here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Sorry to hear some of ye are still getting sick. I'm only a little bit in the mornings now. My gums are really bleeding now when i brush my teeth but i'm not sure if there is any point going to a dentist. Can I even take anything?? My lips are all chapped and i have a blister in my mouth. On the bright side the hubby has given me a few bob to get my hair done this week. I'm so excited!!!!

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear some of ye are still getting sick. I'm only a little bit in the mornings now. My gums are really bleeding now when i brush my teeth but i'm not sure if there is any point going to a dentist. Can I even take anything?? My lips are all chapped and i have a blister in my mouth. On the bright side the hubby has given me a few bob to get my hair done this week. I'm so excited!!!!

Mine were bleeding too for a few days a whole ago but have now stopped. I just upped the brushing and mouthwashing! They are grand now :) I am drinking tropicana to beat the band! your lips and chapped and you have blister maybe you are run down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I remember a friend of mine being advised not to brush her teeth immediately after puking, just to rinse with water. The reason being that the acid weakens the enamel of the tooth, brushing immediately damages the tooth as a result. Don't know how reliable that advice is though.

nikpmup wrote: »
    I remember a friend of mine being advised not to brush her teeth immediately after puking, just to rinse with water. The reason being that the acid weakens the enamel of the tooth, brushing immediately damages the tooth as a result. Don't know how reliable that advice is though.

Yes that is right as you will spread acid over all your teeth! The same applies if you eat sweets, you shouldn't brush directly after! I find I can't stomach brushing them after directly after puking it makes me gag and want to puke again! So I have to leave it an good hour!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

What can we drink on nights out? Can't have too much Diet Coke, or much at all, and the orange juice is giving me heartburn to beat the band, and cordial isn't much better :/

Why cant i sleep. Im so tired all day. Night time comes and im wide awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Suucee wrote: »
    Why cant i sleep. Im so tired all day. Night time comes and im wide awake.

I feel your pain. I wake for a good 3hours most nights and still don't sleep in.

Another member of the wide awake gang here!

What can we drink on nights out? Can't have too much Diet Coke, or much at all, and the orange juice is giving me heartburn to beat the band, and cordial isn't much better :/

Sparkling water, soda water and lime, ginger ale? Found I could have 1 or 2 7up/coke/orange at most then I'd be sick of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Soda water with a dash of black currant or lime is nice.

I'd get used to the soda water it's helpful for feeling sick and for leg cramps. It all comes further down the line but they are awful. Don't ask me how it works it just does

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Cranberry juice was my preggers tipple when out. When I got sick of that, I just had a pint of mi-wadi orange, or sometimes a non-alcoholic beer because I was craving beer (Vit B apparently)

Advertisement