Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Neyite wrote: »
    Cranberry juice was my preggers tipple when out. When I got sick of that, I just had a pint of mi-wadi orange, or sometimes a non-alcoholic beer because I was craving beer (Vit B apparently)

I had a big bottle of non alcoholic Erdinger one night out, I was about 8 months pregnant. It was delicious & cold, but my god, the dirty looks I got! To be fair, I just looked like I was having a dirty big pint :D I should have gone out to the smoking area & sparked up just to finish the look! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Well back to getting sick at 15 weeks and up every hour and a half last night with a teething 6 month old was not what I call a fun night. Lets hope tonight is better. Hate the tenderness of my tummy after puking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Lower back pain, nose bleeds, boil on my back the size if a grape which makes it uncomfortable to sit back , cant sleep .
    Only 21 weeks left :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Hate the tenderness of my tummy after puking..

Oh I feel for ya. I still get sick most days. Well I say get sick, but it generally is just morning sickness now but when it hits its like my body refuses to give up until something has actually been vomited up. And usually all it is is water. So I heave and heave on an empty stomach until finally some water comes up. Can take a good half hour of heaving and retching some mornings. Afterwards it feels like I have just been ten rounds with Katie Taylor. And because my bump is so big now there is no 'give' in it so my ribs and chest hurt too

I really wish I could say goodbye to the horrible vomiting but something tells me I will probably be in the labour ward puking as well!

On a positive note, both babies are growing well, 2 weeks ahead of gestation and I have passed the 28 week watershed for twins so I don't feel quite as anxious as before. Now all I'm freaked about is if they come early and I actually have to go through labour rather than have my planned c!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Think I feel more sorry for you.. You have two in there and still sick this far on! I only got sick a few times at the end the last time and it hurt so bad at the top of my tummy and ribs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Have a sore throat now. Husband is away with work so just generally feeling sorry for myself. On the brightside just been approved for voluntary redundancy so i officially finish up in work on the 30th November, though i've been off for weeks now with SPD

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Have a sore throat now. Husband is away with work so just generally feeling sorry for myself. On the brightside just been approved for voluntary redundancy so i officially finish up in work on the 30th November, though i've been off for weeks now with SPD

SOOOO jealous, I applied for redundancy in my job and was told today I wont get it. I'm raging as not planning on going back to work after baba born. Im so stressed at the moment. Cant sleep, feel sick on work mornings (fine at weekends) LO was sick last week and it made it so difficult having to leave her as it is.
    Myself and OH sat down this evening to talk about things as work is getting me down so much and I really need to be focusing on bump and 18 month old. So have decided to start Mat leave at the end of December rather than the end of feb.
    Worked out a budget for ourselves and feeling so much happier about things now. Just really need to stick to it now.

You have to put yourself and family first. Will you get the full rate of MB by going the end of December? The majority of my lump sum will go towards our savings for a deposit on a house and the rest on a pram and xmas. Live with my father at the moment and he is great bringing my LO to school and collecting her if im not able and the eldest is 17 so he minds himself. Made the decision to take redundancy as i wouldn't expectmy dad to mind a newborn and although its not a huge sum it was better than leaving with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

tired and breathless tonight. 4 weeks left tomorrow! cant wait but think im very unprepared for number 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

tired and breathless tonight. 4 weeks left tomorrow! cant wait but think im very unprepared for number 2!

The breathlessness is killing me the last few days. I said it to the midwife today and she said it's just baby being high up and still growing. Oh and I have 5 days left to due date and all the baby stuff is piled in a heap in the spare room as my husband and mother and sister in law are still working on a mural in the baby's room. We don't have the travel system picked up either so you are probably more sorted than me :)

• Advertisement

gas is my moan! the last 2 days. sorry for TMI but baby must have moved and is putting pressure on my bowel or something. its non stop all day!!:mad: 3 weeks 5 days til due date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The breathlessness is a curse, I find I have to sit up in the bed at night to catch my breath and that's when I can actually haul myself up - struggling big time with backache.
    Going to the loo a lot especially at night which is making me so tired during the day.
    31 weeks now and I only have 7 weeks left in work. Start my ante-natal classes this week aswell - its mad how quick time is going in - can't wait to meet my little bubs :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

headaches, so bad that can hear the blood rushing around:mad:

John Mason wrote: »
    headaches, so bad that can hear the blood rushing around:mad:

Snap. 2 panadol and a choc yogurt. Hoping either the sugar or panadol will help.

The breathlessness is a curse, I find I have to sit up in the bed at night to catch my breath and that's when I can actually haul myself up - struggling big time with backache.
    Going to the loo a lot especially at night which is making me so tired during the day.
    31 weeks now and I only have 7 weeks left in work. Start my ante-natal classes this week aswell - its mad how quick time is going in - can't wait to meet my little bubs :)

The breathlessness is horrible isn't it? Really wears you out. I'm finding that my knees are starting to suffer too because you put some much extra strain on them to move yourself from sitting to standing etc. One thing being pregnant has shown me is that being properly overweight is not pleasant. I was a dress size or two bigger than my ideal weight before getting pregnant but I never really have any thought to how much more difficult life is if you are really overweight. The strain on my legs and back due to this extra weight and not to mention the struggle to put my socks on in the morning has really opened my eyes to it. Can't promise I'll loose all the baby weight, but I definitely will be careful not to get past a certain limit.

My moan at the moment are nipples! Mine can be seen from 100 yards away, even with me wearing padding. Up Close they look like you could hang a wet duffle coat on them! Really embarrassing in work, and no amount of pads will hide them! Permanently on full beam they are!

The breathlessness is horrible isn't it? Really wears you out. I'm finding that my knees are starting to suffer too because you put some much extra strain on them to move yourself from sitting to standing etc. One thing being pregnant has shown me is that being properly overweight is not pleasant. I was a dress size or two bigger than my ideal weight before getting pregnant but I never really have any thought to how much more difficult life is if you are really overweight. The strain on my legs and back due to this extra weight and not to mention the struggle to put my socks on in the morning has really opened my eyes to it. Can't promise I'll loose all the baby weight, but I definitely will be careful not to get past a certain limit.

My moan at the moment are nipples! Mine can be seen from 100 yards away, even with me wearing padding. Up Close they look like you could hang a wet duffle coat on them! Really embarrassing in work, and no amount of pads will hide them! Permanently on full beam they are!

I used to be seriously overweight (20st+!) and you're right! Life is very difficult at that size. I was about 10/12lbs heavier than I'd like when I got pregnant; I've about 2st to lose now to get me back to a healthy BMI, and I'm already eyeing up jogging destinations for when I'm given the all-clear to exercise :)

nikpmup wrote: »
    I used to be seriously overweight (20st+!) and you're right! Life is very difficult at that size. I was about 10/12lbs heavier than I'd like when I got pregnant; I've about 2st to lose now to get me back to a healthy BMI, and I'm already eyeing up jogging destinations for when I'm given the all-clear to exercise :)

Well done you for losing the weight, no easy task. I'm not really a jogging person, but looking forward to going back to my core yoga which is pretty fast paced and builds up a sweat, and walking. At the moment I can't walk to length of the road without being puffed out, so will be nice to get back to proper fast paced walking again. I don't think I'll make it back to the gym for a while - I usually go to one near work before I start work for the day but not going to drive 40km just to go to the gym and I don't like the gym near our house. Might take up a cardio class or something though. Really want to try and set a good example for my kids without them being either obsessed with being slim or ambivalent to being obese.

I just woke with my left hip/lower back killing me. Could not move in the bed. OH was down stairs watching tv and couldnt hear me trying tocall . Spent about 10 mins trying to move so could reach my phone.
    The had to get himself up asap to help me to tge bathroom. So much pain that i was crying and terrified i was gona wet myself trying to get to the bathroom .
    Couldnt lean on my left leg.
    So now have hot water bottle on it and have done a few laps of the bedroom to try and free it up its like its locked.
    Due on the docs this week.
    Thats what i get for helping assemble flat pack furniture and doing a small bit of painting.

Oh that sounds awful Suucee. Sounds like it could be sciatic pain. In which case cold compress is the thing for it and try to move gently. Cold compress for inflammation and warm for muscular pain. Hope you feel better soon.

Have resorted to sleeping on the sofa, as it is the only thing that supports my back. In bed its just too painful. So I am pretty wrecked. And to top it all off, my uveitis (eye condition where the layers of the eye get inflamed) has flared up. This tends to happen when I am stressed, but it is also due to my immune system. I have a very strong instinct now that my babies will arrive soon, because until now I have had no problems with my immune system since getting pregnant.

Supposed to have another 5 weeks in work, but I don't think I'll make it to then! From next week I am reducing my hours to a 3 day week and by mid November I may get a letter from my doctor to stop totally. Will have to see how it goes. But for now, I have such a strong feeling that they will arive in the next week or two...better get my hospital bag organised!

• Advertisement

anyone here have or had pre eclampsia? i mentioned about headaches and pain in my top rib/behind my sternum kind of and doc mentioned pre eclampsia. i dont have high blood pressure or protein in urine. just wondering what others experiences were/are. also measuring 34 weeks at nearly 37 weeks so she decided tobook a scan which is not for 2 weeks soim thinknig she is not overly concerned. can you be diagnosed with pre eclampsia without the high blood pressure and protein in urine?

i might ring doc again when ive had more thought on it just to see what my own doc says. i didnt give it much thought until after i left cos doc didnt seem to think it was too big a deal. not looking for medical advice. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Fairie

anyone here have or had pre eclampsia? i mentioned about headaches and pain in my top rib/behind my sternum kind of and doc mentioned pre eclampsia. i dont have high blood pressure or protein in urine. just wondering what others experiences were/are. also measuring 34 weeks at nearly 37 weeks so she decided tobook a scan which is not for 2 weeks soim thinknig she is not overly concerned. can you be diagnosed with pre eclampsia without the high blood pressure and protein in urine?

i might ring doc again when ive had more thought on it just to see what my own doc says. i didnt give it much thought until after i left cos doc didnt seem to think it was too big a deal. not looking for medical advice. thanks!

Hi red fraggle,
    I'd pre eclampsia on first pregnancy (looks likely this time round too). I was getting symptoms from about 25 weeks had tests done and nothing showed up (bp was up slightly the whole pregnancy but at that stage not high enough to worry about). At about 35 weeks pre eclampsia showed up finally in tests hospital ran. Bp was extremely high by then and I had protein and leukocytes in urine. I think it can only be diagnosed by blood tests. Maybe give your gp a call see what they say, if you are worried maybe ask for blood test for peace of mind. Hope everything is ok and you don't have it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hi Red Fraggle, I've not had it myself, but a very close friend had it on both her pregnancies. It wasn't spotted on the first until it progressed to full eclamptic seizures at 30 weeks. It was very frightening for the whole family. She had high blood pressure and headaches. She never mentioned the headaches to the doctor, just kept taking more paracetamol.

Randomly very sick this morning...uugh!! Most mornings its just a tiny bit. Anyway, have to fast from 12 tonight as i have blood tests tomorrow morning for gestational diabetes. Don't know how i'm going to cope with no food till nearly midday :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Been having really bad cramps, like as bad as really heavy period pains, for the last couple of hours, and paracetamol have made no difference.

:/ Thoroughly not happy in work today.

Been having really bad cramps, like as bad as really heavy period pains, for the last couple of hours, and paracetamol have made no difference.

:/ Thoroughly not happy in work today.

Maybe you should phone the hospital? It might just be braxton hicks but better to be safe and get checked out

Well my moan is that I'm in hospital. :( suspected pre-eclampsia. Will see the doc in the morning and see what the story is. I think you lot jinxed me! Lol. Similar story for me, normal bp up to 11 days ago at last check, no protein in urine. Had spots before my eyes yesterday and today, headache started today. I Just didn't feel right so left work early and came to the hospital. Bp was sky high. Gone down a bit now but still quite high. Bloods show elevated uric acid but everything else normal. Was admitted pretty quicklymso I can't complain on that score (arrived 3.30 on the ward by 5). 4 hourly bp checks now til I see the doc tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Randomly very sick this morning...uugh!! Most mornings its just a tiny bit. Anyway, have to fast from 12 tonight as i have blood tests tomorrow morning for gestational diabetes. Don't know how i'm going to cope with no food till nearly midday :-(

I had two days where I didn't get sick (Sunday and yesterday) then unfortunately the vomiting reappeared today :( I am going on 29 weeks and so fed up of this hyperemesis. I felt like a different person the last two days it was bliss. I am getting that diabetes test next week. They told me it takes 2 hours and 10 mins! Maybe the lucazade will fill us up?

Where are you getting it done? Im in the rotunda. First blood taking at 8.15 then you drink the lucozade within 10 mins. 3 more bloods every hour so last bloods will be taken at 11.25. Been here since 7.30 and fasting since midnight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

This is going to sound so weird but when I'm try to poo or pass wind my c section scar hurts :( I've had two natural births since my c section but this is new... Might mention it to the consultant at my visit next week.

• Advertisement

January wrote: »
    This is going to sound so weird but when I'm try to poo or pass wind my c section scar hurts :( I've had two natural births since my c section but this is new... Might mention it to the consultant at my visit next week.

Mine hurt for the first week, but then it was okay - although it did throb a bit when I had mastitis (but then so did everything else!) cold weather makes other scars I have throb, I wonder could it be that? Definitely say it to the doc.

Advertisement