Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Where are you getting it done? Im in the rotunda. First blood taking at 8.15 then you drink the lucozade within 10 mins. 3 more bloods every hour so last bloods will be taken at 11.25. Been here since 7.30 and fasting since midnight

I am going to holles street but it is for the pears study. They are going to take one blood at 8 give me lucazade and take two more bloods (at 9 and 10).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Pregnancy sucks.

I hate it and I swear I am never doing it again. I'm in pain, I'm puking, I'm exhausted and I just want to feel like me again. I'm also a moody so and so and I'm driving my husband nuts.

Need to remember all of above for when I get broody again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭red fraggle

tired. back pain. belly pain. :( 3 weeks left :) my beds calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

Tired, back pain, groin pain (and groin full of fluid, camel toe-eat your heart out). Gestational Diabetic and nearly killed half the kids calling to the door with their shopping bags, demanding sweets and not saying thank u. Ungrateful little fuc#ers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Seems that unless I get to a bathroom within three minutes I wind up feeling like I've been stabbed repeatedly, back to front and can't walk. Not so great when walking home from a night out - himself was genuinely wondering had I gone into labour, the pain was that bad, and I'm fairly sure the taxi driver who passed us was just as convinced, going on his reaction.

Heres hoping that one doesn't continue, my desk is way too far away from the bathroom in work and its likely I will wind up stuck on a call!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

*Long Post and a bit of TMI - Sorry :o*
    A bit p***ed off with my hospital at the moment.
    Have had a couple of incidents of unexplained spotting/mild bleeding and each time I have gone in to casualty (at their insistence) thankfully each time everything has been ok and they said "its one of those things"
    Last Tuesday, I had a much heavier spotting incident and went in. They took urine sample and swab but because heartbeat was fine and my BP was fine they sent me home. I then had another bout of bleeding Friday evening so I rang them and explained what had gone before. Because I had only been in the GP earlier that day and Bubs heartbeat was fine, my urine and BP were fine and the blood wasn't bright red they weren't hugely concerned. I asked if my swab results were back (I knew my urine was ok from the GP) and she said they were and that I had BV and they were going to post my prescription out on Monday. I was fairly annoyed because (a) I was in the hospital that day for an antenatal class, if they had notified me of the BV I could have collected my prescription (b) my husband works 5 minutes away from the hospital, even he could have collected it (c) BV if left untreated, can bring on pre-term labour (I'm 32 weeks at the moment)
    They have pretty much determined that the BV is what has caused the bleeding episodes so I can relax a tiny bit on that score.

Anyway, I started my antibiotics today and the side effects have been fairly horrible. I've been drowsy/sleepy enough all day and just when it seems like my stomach is finally settling from the previous dosage, its time for the next one.
    Feeling really sorry for myself at the moment and feeling sorry for my husband who has been waiting on me hand and foot and his only reward is me snoring my head off all day.
    Eugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Bit of an OT moan but I've a had a number of financial disasters the last few weeks that if they had happened this time last year I would've sailed through.

I am doing everything on the tightest possible budget but I feel atm everywhere I turn is another possible expense.

Really wish I could've done this at a more financially secure time.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I'm a big beleiver in the whole "there is never a good time" to wait to get pregnant. Something will always come up no matter how prepared you are. Luckily im getting a small redundancy payment this time round and with my SIL just having her baby in August she has given me a few bits. I do remember feeling the same as you when i had my LO and it's tough alright but somehow you just manage and it does get easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I want a good nights sleep!!!!

Everyone is saying " enjoy your sleep now you'll never sleep through the night properly for years" I can't sleep at all. I get about 2-3 hours kip and then I have to get up to pee or I've rolled over and my belly hurts in the process( not even that big yet) once I'm awake, then I'm awake for hours. :mad:

Then I'm cranky and wrecked all day. I hate being such a light sleeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I want a good nights sleep!!!!

Everyone is saying " enjoy your sleep now you'll never sleep through the night properly for years" I can't sleep at all. I get about 2-3 hours kip and then I have to get up to pee or I've rolled over and my belly hurts in the process( not even that big yet) once I'm awake, then I'm awake for hours. :mad:

Then I'm cranky and wrecked all day. I hate being such a light sleeper.

I haven't slept at night in 7 months! Bu the beginning I would sleep in the evenings when I got home from work but since about week 20 I hardly sleep at all. Having said that, although I am tired its not as bad as I would have expected given I get no more than an hour at a time light unbroken sleep. I am normally a 9 hour a night girl, but can manage on a total of about 5 without needing match sticks for my eyes. But that is with only me to mind - in a few months when I have 5 hours sleep and two babies to mind I am sure it will be VERY different!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

I am covered head to toe (and in between by toes) in itchy pregnancy hives and I am only 5-6 weeks. *gulp*

back pain hip pain. feeling crap. eating chocolate. 16 days and counting

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

I hate everyone

Have asked DH to do some stuff round the house, and have been asking for 6 weeks !!!! Gggrrrrrr

People are soooo rude, an oul biddy got me in the bump with her trolley last week and today some little f***er rand head first into it in Tesco.
    Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'm tired and I'm not sleeping that well, and most nights I head off to the spare room to be a bit cooler, d'ye think DH will offer to go to the spare room ?
    Not a feckin chance, he is busy gettin his shut eye !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

I'm 10 weeks gone and trying to act normal though non-stop PMS (back pain, upset stomach, and general crankyness). Also i'm finding work hard going as I was due a promotion but v unlikely once I tell them now as its a big boys club. Dunno how anyone does this more than once!! I keep reading it gets better...
    But DH has been great and listened to all my moans so far anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Isolt

Arrgh now I've got the hives between my fingers and toes aswell. Torture!
    *itchy*

felt really down today. duno why but just wanted to curl up in bed or eat chocolate. i did neither as i have a 22 month old who helped me get through the day. think im just impatiently awaiting baby. 2 weeks left. also my mother suffers from bipolar and is going through an episode at the moment which is really hard.obviously i am there for her the same as every other time but today i just wanted her to be there for me. i wanted to tell her how crappy i felt but i couldnt as it would make her worse.:( had a good cry when my little one went to bed and ate a lovely chocolate muffin my husband brought home! also no baby sitter for a 60th party tomorrow night which i was really looking forward to (last night out for a while!). ill prob be coming home early with the little one now. i would have been anyway but it would have been nice for the little monkey to be in bed for me. oh well the joy! tomorrow will be a better day. massage booked for the morning!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Woke up around 4am with my nose bleeding and my boobs leaking. So bodily fluids oozing all over the bed.

Pregnancy. Such a beautiful, magical time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I don't think I'd mind the getting sick so much if I was actually getting sick, but no, theres never anything in my system so its just icky...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Cramps that keep me awake, putrid and extremely noisy flatulence that makes attending college very difficult, random and urgent needs to go to the toilet for a number 2, lest my body simply expel it for me (nomatter what I might be doing), and since last night I have had nipples so painfully tender that it almost ruined a romantic night in bed with my partner!

I'm so excited to be a mummy, and can't wait to meet my child, but good god, no-one told me early pregnancy would be this awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Cramps that keep me awake, putrid and extremely noisy flatulence that makes attending college very difficult, random and urgent needs to go to the toilet for a number 2, lest my body simply expel it for me (nomatter what I might be doing), and since last night I have had nipples so painfully tender that it almost ruined a romantic night in bed with my partner!

I'm so excited to be a mummy, and can't wait to meet my child, but good god, no-one told me early pregnancy would be this awful!

It's so glamourous! Wait till you try to shimmy on up to your other half after the baby's born, only to realise that you're wearing 3 day old baby puke stained pjs, you've got leaky boobs and you haven't shaved your legs for 2 weeks! I'm telling you, you'll be fighting him off with a big stick! :P

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    It's so glamourous! Wait till you try to shimmy on up to your other half after the baby's born, only to realise that you're wearing 3 day old baby puke stained pjs, you've got leaky boobs and you haven't shaved your legs for 2 weeks! I'm telling you, you'll be fighting him off with a big stick! :P

Just getting excited thinking about it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The early days of breastfeeding with cracked and bleeding nipples are nothing and I mean nothing compared to the pain in my boobs and nipples. I definitely did not have this last time.

Between that and the tugging feeling I get every now and again in my belly I feel gross!

cyning wrote: »
    The early days of breastfeeding with cracked and bleeding nipples are nothing and I mean nothing compared to the pain in my boobs and nipples. I definitely did not have this last time.

Between that and the tugging feeling I get every now and again in my belly I feel gross!

I'm getting that tugging feeling too! It reminds me of the odd time when I would stretch and pull my calf muscle - so uncomfortable and even after it stops there's like a phantom twinge coming after!

32 weeks and thought I had avoided the dreaded piles. But alas no! One giant one right in the middle of my bum hole! I wouldn't mind but I haven't even had constipation or anything, in fact things have been moving a lot better down that region of late. I've never had piles so didn't realise that the burning sensation like acid was a pile until I had a bit of a feel around. Very unpleasant!

Plus, now that I am a big pulsing blood pressure value, I am not supposed to drive far. So relying on family to give me a lift to the hospital. Which is very nice of them except my sister in law says every time that she will be here for me at x time and always phones me AT that time to say she will be up 'soon'. She drives like Sandra Bullock with a bomb on board and does not go over 50 mph so we are always late. I have asked her several times to come earlier and she always says she will and never does. She is meant to be here now to collect me and just phoned to say she'll be here in half an hour. There is no way with her driving that I will make it in time for my 11.45 appointment. I HATE relying on people like this especially when they are to bloody flaky! Does my head in.

Rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

32 weeks and thought I had avoided the dreaded piles. But alas no! One giant one right in the middle of my bum hole! I wouldn't mind but I haven't even had constipation or anything, in fact things have been moving a lot better down that region of late. I've never had piles so didn't realise that the burning sensation like acid was a pile until I had a bit of a feel around. Very unpleasant!

Hahaha... Sorry you just sound sooo funny there! I needed a laugh just now. Lol. However, I know piles are horrible... I'm just waiting for mine to pop up! I think it just the way you phrased it. Lol.

Hope you get to your appointment on time. That would crack me up completely. I hate tardiness.

Plus, now that I am a big pulsing blood pressure value, I am not supposed to drive far. So relying on family to give me a lift to the hospital. Which is very nice of them except my sister in law says every time that she will be here for me at x time and always phones me AT that time to say she will be up 'soon'. She drives like Sandra Bullock with a bomb on board and does not go over 50 mph so we are always late. I have asked her several times to come earlier and she always says she will and never does. She is meant to be here now to collect me and just phoned to say she'll be here in half an hour. There is no way with her driving that I will make it in time for my 11.45 appointment. I HATE relying on people like this especially when they are to bloody flaky! Does my head in.

Rant over.

Get a taxi, and when she arrives at the empty house and phones you, tell her you had to leave!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Get a taxi, and when she arrives at the empty house and phones you, tell her you had to leave!

I wish. A taxi from where I live to the hospital and back would cost me over €100 and having been out sick from work for 2 weeks I definitely don't have it. Trust me, if I did I wouldn't have been waiting like a pleb. Bus not an option either as too much walking when I get to city centre. She finally arrived at 11.20 so 40 mins after the agreed time. I phoned the hospital and explained and they have accommodated me but it means I will have to wait til the end of the clinic. So I am here now, 20 mins late and won't get seen for about an hour I reckon. Great gas altogether. Me and my humongous pile are having a great time sitting here waiting. :rolleyes:

I wish. A taxi from where I live to the hospital and back would cost me over €100 and having been out sick from work for 2 weeks I definitely don't have it. Trust me, if I did I wouldn't have been waiting like a pleb. Bus not an option either as too much walking when I get to city centre. She finally arrived at 11.20 so 40 mins after the agreed time. I phoned the hospital and explained and they have accommodated me but it means I will have to wait til the end of the clinic. So I am here now, 20 mins late and won't get seen for about an hour I reckon. Great gas altogether. Me and my humongous pile are having a great time sitting here waiting. :rolleyes:

Oh yuk! That's no fun... That would drive me mad! Maybe next time tell her to be there an hour before she actually has to be? (My sister does this with her chronically late partner!)

Well I told her to be there 90 mins before the appointment, knowing that it takes about 40mins for the journey and that she would probably be about 20/30 mins late. Thought that would give me about 15mins grace. Of course she was later than ever at 40mins late and then on the drive up kept getting into the wrong lane so we kept missing lights etc despite the fact that she drives the route 3 times a week so it's not like she isn't familiar with the road layout! Lesson learned, my hubby will just have to take time off work one morning and week and then I can get the bus home at my leisure. Just so annoying, and not good for keeping the blood pressure in check!

• Advertisement

Well I told her to be there 90 mins before the appointment, knowing that it takes about 40mins for the journey and that she would probably be about 20/30 mins late. Thought that would give me about 15mins grace. Of course she was later than ever at 40mins late and then on the drive up kept getting into the wrong lane so we kept missing lights etc despite the fact that she drives the route 3 times a week so it's not like she isn't familiar with the road layout! Lesson learned, my hubby will just have to take time off work one morning and week and then I can get the bus home at my leisure. Just so annoying, and not good for keeping the blood pressure in check!

No, I'd imagine not! I've a sister like that, you couldn't rely in her for anything! Thankfully I've also got another sister who is totally dependable - guess which one I phoned when I went into labour ;)

Advertisement