Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Ah I feel a bit bad giving out when she is good enough to offer to drive and it is a good bit out of her way, but to be honest I would rather she didn't offer if she is going to be so late because then it actually makes me feel more of an inconvenience to her because she ends up rushing around, arrives up to me explaining 'oh sorry I'm late I had x/y/z to do' and I feel like it's my fault she is under pressure. Plus, then when she does drive all that way with me, she understandably makes use of the trip to do other things, so today for example she went to a retail park to pick up a 'few bits'. I wasn't able to walk around so said I'd sit in the coffee shop. 3 hours later she arrived back by which time I was ready for my bed! Again I end up feeling guilty because she reminds you that the reason she was so long is because she had to go to Tesco too as she would normally have done that when the kids are at school but couldn't today because she was taxiing me instead!

Funny how I end up feeling bad about her driving me, when she was the one who offered and basically left me hanging around to suit her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Ah I feel a bit bad giving out when she is good enough to offer to drive and it is a good bit out of her way, but to be honest I would rather she didn't offer if she is going to be so late because then it actually makes me feel more of an inconvenience to her because she ends up rushing around, arrives up to me explaining 'oh sorry I'm late I had x/y/z to do' and I feel like it's my fault she is under pressure. Plus, then when she does drive all that way with me, she understandably makes use of the trip to do other things, so today for example she went to a retail park to pick up a 'few bits'. I wasn't able to walk around so said I'd sit in the coffee shop. 3 hours later she arrived back by which time I was ready for my bed! Again I end up feeling guilty because she reminds you that the reason she was so long is because she had to go to Tesco too as shown would normally have done that when the kids are at school but couldn't today because she was taxiing me instead!

Funny how I end up feeling bad about her driving me, when she was the one who offered and basically left me hanging around to suit her!

Just try and get your OH to drive you next time. That way if he is late you can give out crap to him and don't have to be polite :-). That's what I do! Arent i a keeper. Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Ah I feel a bit bad giving out when she is good enough to offer to drive and it is a good bit out of her way, but to be honest I would rather she didn't offer if she is going to be so late because then it actually makes me feel more of an inconvenience to her because she ends up rushing around, arrives up to me explaining 'oh sorry I'm late I had x/y/z to do' and I feel like it's my fault she is under pressure. Plus, then when she does drive all that way with me, she understandably makes use of the trip to do other things, so today for example she went to a retail park to pick up a 'few bits'. I wasn't able to walk around so said I'd sit in the coffee shop. 3 hours later she arrived back by which time I was ready for my bed! Again I end up feeling guilty because she reminds you that the reason she was so long is because she had to go to Tesco too as she would normally have done that when the kids are at school but couldn't today because she was taxiing me instead!

I'm if the opinion that if I can't facilitate someone, I don't offer! I know what you mean though. I wasn't allowed drive after my c-section and it's a pain relying on other people for lifts. I was delighted when my doc gave me the green light to drive again!

Ah well I'll stop moaning about it now, and just be glad that by the looks of it I will only have to be an inconvenience to everyone for a few more weeks.

Ah well I'll stop moaning about it now, and just be glad that by the looks of it I will only have to be an inconvenience to everyone for a few more weeks.

Ach, you're allowed be an "inconvenience"!! You're having 2 babies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh god only pregnant and im moaning, im smothered with a flu at the moment, all i want to do is curl up in bed but have a busy 14month old running rings around me here x

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Will be 31 weeks on Saturday :-) drove DH to work this morning and on the way back MS hit and i had nowhere to pull over so it went in the spot normally reserved for cups or in my car where all my receipts are. Tried cleaning it before doing the school run and just kept gagging.
    Just broke the news to my eldest (17) that i need him to clean the car:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Will be 31 weeks on Saturday :-) drove DH to work this morning and on the way back MS hit and i had nowhere to pull over so it went in the spot normally reserved for cups or in my car where all my receipts are. Tried cleaning it before doing the school run and just kept gagging.

I got sick in my driveway the other day. Have literally vomited everyday for last 26/27 weeks. It is a bit of a joke at this stage. :( am literally counting down days left!

rsl1976 wrote: »

Been there! Puked on myself in the car in traffic a few times. Projectile vomited on the steering wheel. Had to stick my head out the door for an aul 'heave ho' once or twice. Only this morning when my hubby was driving did I have to get him to pull over. It really will be a novelty when I can get in a car and not have to have a sick bag with me!

Got sick in the dishwasher and few times (just closed the door and switched it on!) And on the kitchen floor and had to leave it til my hubby came home to clean it (luckily the twice that happened it was just water and I was able to just stick a load of kitchen roll on top of it til that evening!)

Ah, pregnancy...sure it's great gas altogether!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭beltzar

I am 36weeks pregnant and been admitted to the hospital coz of high BP and headaches.
    Here is my rant:
    1. Kitchen staff banging trays of tea pots, shouting out to each other in the corridor, banging bin lids etc
    2. Other mothers On the ward with their mobiles turned up to the last, chatting away on the mobiles as if there was no one else in the room.

Seriously, it's meant to be the "quiet time" on the ward and its like a bloody circus here.

Yes I am tired, hormonal and just plain old grumpy right now but is it too much to expect others to have a bit of respect....

The sooner I get home the better.
    Rant over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

This exhaustion at doing very little goes away at some point yes? Managed an hour of wandering around shops earlier and am fit for bed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

This exhaustion at doing very little goes away at some point yes? Managed an hour of wandering around shops earlier and am fit for bed!

Everyone told me that the exhaustion and morning sickness would only last for the first trimester ... for me it lasted right through the second trimester too, it's only now (at 33 weeks) that I'm starting to feel back to myself again ... I'm sure that won't last much longer though. :rolleyes:

Sorry, that's not very reassuring, is it? :o

I am 36weeks pregnant and been admitted to the hospital coz of high BP and headaches.
    Here is my rant:
    1. Kitchen staff banging trays of tea pots, shouting out to each other in the corridor, banging bin lids etc
    2. Other mothers On the ward with their mobiles turned up to the last, chatting away on the mobiles as if there was no one else in the room.

Seriously, it's meant to be the "quiet time" on the ward and its like a bloody circus here.

Yes I am tired, hormonal and just plain old grumpy right now but is it too much to expect others to have a bit of respect....

Rant over

Here is my rant:

Rant over

Here is my rant:

Rant over

Here is my rant:

Rant over

Been having the most terrible headaches imaginable this week and can't sleep because of them. Feel like im living on paracetamol. Also running to the toilet literally every 5 minutes. And it's only gona get worse....

Ah well... At least my hair has stopped falling out since number one and is now nice and thick again.... For now....

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Been having the most terrible headaches imaginable this week and can't sleep because of them. Feel like im living on paracetamol. Also running to the toilet literally every 5 minutes. And it's only gona get worse....

Ah well... At least my hair has stopped falling out since number one and is now nice and thick again.... For now....

Hey Sligo1, would suggest you get those headaches checked out with either your gp or hospital. Just in case....

beltzar wrote: »
    Hey Sligo1, would suggest you get those headaches checked out with either your gp or hospital. Just in case....

Ye mum said the same thing. I got them on my first pregnancy aswell however. So I think it's just one of the symptoms I get. My blood pressure and all is ok I think so i dont think its pointing to anything like pre-exlampsia etc... But yea you're right... I should get checked out to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Iv been to two different doctors about my headaches and neither did anything for me more shrugged me off. Iv had them since 6 weeks and now I'm 18 weeks. My blood pressure is low instead of high like you'd expect with headaches. There's patches in the chemist called kool n soothe and there very relieving of the headaches and there safe.

My moan is having low blood pressure and SPD and up the last 5 nights with a restless 7 month old. I really feel like my body is ready to give up! I'm on the brink of exhaustion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Iv been to two different doctors about my headaches and neither did anything for me more shrugged me off. Iv had them since 6 weeks and now I'm 18 weeks. My blood pressure is low instead of high like you'd expect with headaches. There's patches in the chemist called kool n soothe and there very relieving of the headaches and there safe.

My moan is having low blood pressure and SPD and up the last 5 nights with a restless 7 month old. I really feel like my body is ready to give up! I'm on the brink of exhaustion

Love love love the kool n soothe patches. I find them brilliant.

Millem wrote: »
    Love love love the kool n soothe patches. I find them brilliant.

I've never heard of them! Thanks guys. I'll try get some today. Like that when I went to my consultant on my last pregnancy she just said the headaches were part of pregnancy. Obviously my urine and BP was normal or that could've indicated something more sinister. So I'm convinced it just the same this time.

Major head pounding right now. If it wasn't for that I would feel great. Thanks again.

SS I hope you're ok, I know a few people with SPD and they are crippled with it :(

I'm crippled 10 weeks earlier this time. Not helped by been up every hour with DS. Pelvis is in bad shape today thought it was broke at 2am when I was up with J for his bottle. Damn near cried

You should defo get the patches they even work on your neck which for me was great as my headache often traveled down my neck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Also crippled with it. I keep clicking and feel like im going to break. Waiting on a physio app . Havent slept properly in months but last few nights have been very bad. Cant get comfy no matter what way i lie.

I find the further along for me the worse it gets. When I'm bigger I get comfy after a long period of time then get sore from lien that way for too long or my arm goes dead and iv got to move and get comfy all over again before ya know it the mornings here again. Can't imagine having a baby in the mix this time and gettin up and down with him for different reasons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I didnt get anything like this last time. Was still running around at 40 weeks and even recal jumping in a trampoline to try and get things moving. Now at 23 weeks can hardly climb the stairs and as for getting in to shower . (My showervis over the bath).
    My lo is 18 months so not as hard work but i feel bad not being able to do much with her.

I only have a bath in our house and thanks to the roof in our house we can't have a shower there. It's so hard gettin in and out of it. I feel guilty I don't have energy for running round after J in his walker. Sometimes he's bored in minutes and that means I'm standing all day

To all the mammies with headaches, please actually get your blood pressure checked and don't assume because it was okay last check it's okay now. My blood pressure was fine up to week 29, perfect actually. Got a blinding headache one day, decided to get checked out and my blood pressure was through the roof. It can literally change that quickly. I was admitted and now on medication to control it until the birth. So please don't assume, get your GP to check. Better safe than sorry.

To all the mammies with headaches, please actually get your blood pressure checked and don't assume because it was okay last check it's okay now. My blood pressure was fine up to week 29, perfect actually. Got a blinding headache one day, decided to get checked out and my blood pressure was through the roof. It can literally change that quickly. I was admitted and now on medication to control it until the birth. So please don't assume, get your GP to check. Better safe than sorry.

I went into the pharmacy this morning to buy a sphygmomanometer. Not too expensive and handy to have If you're a worrier like me (and who also has a hypochondriac 28 year old husband who is forever thinking he's either having a stroke or a heart attack ... Lol). But they didnt sell them. The pharmacist checked my BP for me anyway and was perfect 112/61. Thought the same as you and said I'd better check it just in case...

• Advertisement

Aldi or lidl do them from time to time and they're quite good quality - my mum got one to keep an eye on her BP cos it's elevated

Advertisement