Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Went to bed at 10.00. Woke at 11.30 in pain. Was time to take paracetamol and awake ever since. Cant lie on my left hip for very long cant get comfy on my back and tooth was removed on right side so cant lie on that side either. Got up to watch tv for an hour and back in bed now. Im so tired but so uncomfortable.
    Its going to be a long night. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Iv got a very bad urinary infection worse than any kidney infection iv had before and my worst was 5 years ago which took 7 weeks to get rid. I'm so sore and tender and there's blood present too. On meds but it could take forever to fight it and with all the running around and no sleep I don't know how to get through the next week or more if it persists. My immune system isn't very strong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

It hurts to sit down. Bump absolutely killing me when I'm sitting down, eases a bit when I stand up but not fully. Just feels like loads of pressure.

Office job is not going to work out if this continues...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Just spent the last hour reading the "you feels you lose" thread..
    Baaaaaaawling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Suucee wrote: »
    Well tooth out. Definetly not getting any sleep tonight.
    On the plus side i just learned that during pregnancy your entitled to a free teeth cleaning so back next week for that.
    I now have it from the doctor and the dentist that i need to rest so OH gona be on daddy duty all weekend. Pjs on and sitting in front of the fire now. Until they get home and the meyham begins.

I suspect your dentist just accidentally gave you a freebie!! I asked my brother (who is a dentist) what's covered for pregnancy at the start of mine, and he said that was taken away in a budget a few years ago. I got it on the last pregnancy, but not this one. The PRSI free checkup is still there for everyone, pregnant or not... but no cleanings.

• Advertisement

pwurple wrote: »
    I suspect your dentist just accidentally gave you a freebie!! I asked my brother (who is a dentist) what's covered for pregnancy at the start of mine, and he said that was taken away in a budget a few years ago. I got it on the last pregnancy, but not this one. The PRSI free checkup is still there for everyone, pregnant or not... but no cleanings.

Havent had it done yet . They said they would ring me once forms are returnted. Hopefully i can still get it done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Jaysus.... I'm obviously going to the wrong person to have me auld cleaning done! Lol...

On another note..l I'm thinking I should perhaps put this on a new thread. But when looking for info on the free teeth clean, someone on a forum said if you're a stay at home mum caring for a dependent person (or baby) and Have paid you're PRSI etc and your partner/husband is working you can claim carers allowance! Anyone know is this is correct?? Anyone claiming this? I'll post a link here. Basically I'm on parental leave at the moment (unpaid) and have also taken unpaid mat leave... Wondering if I can claim for this? To be honest I really don't have a clue I regards to benefits, tax credits etc... The only thing I've ever claimed for is my 6 months mat leave...

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/tax/income_tax_credits_and_reliefs/home_carers_tax_credit.html
    That's not carers allowance you linked to. It's an additional tax credit the partner who is working can claim or the carer can claim if they earn below a certain threshold. Worth just over €800 per year of a credit so an extra €800 they won't have to pay tax on. Carers allowance or benefit isn't payable on children under 16 who are normally fit and healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

That's not carers allowance you linked to. It's an additional tax credit the partner who is working can claim or the carer can claim if they earn below a certain threshold. Worth just over €800 per year of a credit so an extra €800 they won't have to pay tax on. Carers allowance or benefit isn't payable on children under 16 who are normally fit and healthy.

Yea sorry meant to say Home Carer's Tax Credit. Apparently you can avail of this if your a stay at home mum. I can't get it tho as i have earned more than the cut off this year due to getting mat leave pay up until April this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I love being awake when I'm exhausted and there's no need to be! Baby is asleep and not kicking so not keeping me awake, C is asleep in her own room, hubby gone to spare room because I'm impossible to sleep beside apparently :D and I'm lying here wide awake yet exhausted!! Body making no sense again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

My moan is that I cannot get a maternity/nursing bra to fit me :mad:
    My normal pre pregnancy (non underwire) bras fit me fine so its not like I need to get a different size - just a few bras that will allow me feed my little bubs when they arrive.

• Advertisement

When pregnant I hate ALL bra's but can't get by without one!

Anyone got a really sore shoulder like bones separating or muscle tearing its at me weeks and can't ignore it much more

When should you stop wearing the underwires? I'm still wearing mine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My moan is that I cannot get a maternity/nursing bra to fit me :mad:
    My normal pre pregnancy (non underwire) bras fit me fine so its not like I need to get a different size - just a few bras that will allow me feed my little bubs when they arrive.

Debenhams on Henry st have a good range - I went up to 36G/H when pregnant and they were the only place I could get bras that fit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Re the free teeth cleaning girls its down to the dentist, im a dental nurse in a 2dentist practice my boss provides a free check up and clean to pregnant ladies but the other dentist doesn't x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sligo1 wrote: »
    When should you stop wearing the underwires? I'm still wearing mine...

Feck that, I got a maternity bra on first pregnancy and it was the most uncomfortable thing going. The boobs kept slipping out of it, so I went tighter, then I was getting back ache. The compression on the boobs themselves (rather than support underneath) was making me leak.

Regular underwired bra suits me much better. Just go up a size to whats needed.

My moan is that my brain is turning to mush. Just figured out I made a 22 million dollar error at work last week. Shhhhiiiiiitttteee. I'm beyond anal on that stuff, I never make those mistakes. Kicking myself. Plus, will have a lot of followup on that now to rectify it.

pwurple wrote: »
    Feck that, I got a maternity bra on first pregnancy and it was the most uncomfortable thing going. The boobs kept slipping out of it, so I went tighter, then I was getting back ache. The compression on the boobs themselves (rather than support underneath) was making me leak.

Regular underwired bra suits me much better. Just go up a size to whats needed.
    Suppose it depends on how your bump sits. From about week 20 my boobs and bump we've so close to each other that I couldn't stick a wire digging into me. Only went up a couple of sizes on the back though, not the cup and I only bought 2 'maternity' bras, the others were just normal non-underwired ones cos I found that the maternity ones were more expensive and since I don't know if I'll breast feed just seemed a waste. If I do breast feed I can get more if needed.

The only thing I hated about the non-wired bras is that it was harder to hide my nipples! Stand out like nuclear missile heads, you could hang a wet duffle coat on them. Not so bad now I'm just at home or in hospital, but when I was still working it was mortifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

The only thing I hated about the non-wired bras is that it was harder to hide my nipples! Stand out like nuclear missile heads, you could hang a wet duffle coat on them. Not so bad now I'm just at home or in hospital, but when I was still working it was mortifying!

LOL I know the feeling - I have to put thick eye makeup remover pads on front of mine, to hide them LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

PILING on the weight here, cannot seem to ignore the constant, constant hunger. And my diet itself isn't all that poor. But within an hour of a full dinner I'm almost faint with the hunger again. Drinking fluids helps but I can see my weight balloon at just 8 weeks :(

If I was wearing maternity bras now my boobs would be down by my belly button! Gonna stick with my wires for now....

My hands are too fat to fit in the pringles tube. I have to tip them out so now I have crumbs in the bed.
    First world problems.

:D

• Advertisement

My hands are too fat to fit in the pringles tube. I have to tip them out so now I have crumbs in the bed.
    First world problems.

That made me giggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

First world problems.

Sorry but I laughed :D

Moan: Ive become very argumentative the last month... The littlest things annoy me..... Prob why I'm on boards all the time now to vent and take it out on some poor unsuspecting poster... It's not like me... I hope it doesn't last much longer..... Id say others are hoping it wont last much longer either... Husband included.

My moan is baby brain! Was never this bad with J. I was lookin at cosy tracksuits for comin home from hospital tried sayin it to another girl who's pregnant due 5 weeks after me and I sat there blank. She laughed knew why I was stupid. So continue the conversation after hubby helped me get that out and I tried to say what fabric well that was a disaster. Hubby again just left me to sweat. I put my head in my hands and said I gave up! Been doin it all week I could say put the box on J instead of jacket because I'm lookin at a box while sayin it. It's awful gonna make a fool of myself in a big way yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

I have the same problem. My English is **** but my German is even worst. I mix the words and forget the half of the sentence so on the end nothing makes sense anymore. I feel so stupid. My moan today? OH said yesterday that he had a bit of a sore throat he is fine now but I woke up last night with a very bad sore throat and i feel crap now. Bad enough that I can sleep only a few hours during the night anyway now with this I was up since 1am. And just to make things worst a friend is coming over tomorrow to stay with us until Monday. So no sleep a sore throat and all was is coming out of my mouth is ****e. Great.

My serola belt arrived this morning and it really makes a huge difference. Was pottering around doing things around the house and when going for my morning stroll with my 19 month old I decided to go further (nearly double) what I normally do.
    Now lying on the couch in a hoop. Its a good belt but I think I was expecting a miracle. Really over done it.

Feeling serious mammy guilt at the moment too. Been off work for a few weeks now and will continue to be off for the rest of the month. At first I continued to send my daughter off to her nans for a few hours so I could rest (she would have been going anyway if I was in work) but lately I haven't sent her any where much. so in the doctors on Monday she could tell I wasn't resting enough. Said im physically not able to be looking after her all day and it is no good for me, my daughter or baba. I actually cried when she said that.
    So my sister took her for a few hours yesterday afternoon to give me a rest and my MIL is taking her this afternoon and taking her for the night. I know my daughter will be fine and probably have a great time but jeez I feel so bad .

Also another one for the baby brain here. My latest things are go and light the car, rather than start the car. Etc. Also between gp appointments for me and my daughter and ante natal appointments and physio I keep mixing them all up. I will end up turning up to one of them at the wrong time or something at this rate.

Oh and the heart burn has started. Had it awful last time and thought I was going to get away lightly but nope. Have to bring gaviscon with me everywhere now.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

Ughhhhhh stoopid man flu :( so smothered ! Typical when I am going to Dublin for a few days :(
    Chemist said I could take Manuka lozenges for throat .. Hopefully they will work !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

LH2013 wrote: »
    Ughhhhhh stoopid man flu :( so smothered ! Typical when I am going to Dublin for a few days :(
    Chemist said I could take Manuka lozenges for throat .. Hopefully they will work !

THERES MANUKA LOZENGES??????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I might give those a go, have an awful cold at the moment. Wonder if they have them in Boots ... I've never seen them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

I might give those a go, have an awful cold at the moment. Wonder if they have them in Boots ... I've never seen them.

I got them in Lloyds :) they taste nice as well which helps !

Advertisement