Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    10 weeks pregnant tomorrow and haven't even so much as heard a heartbeat :(
    Dont even think my GP has the equipment to do that for me if I went in and requested it. I know it sounds awful, but I just want to know if my baby is alive at this stage! :(

I saw a little heartbeat at 6 + 4 but that was through a dildo cam and because I was referred to the EPAU because of a bleed.

If you're genuinely concerned hon, you could get your GP to refer you as well to put your mind at ease.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

It's just rotten, I'm being plagued with vivid nightmares of going to my scan and seeing half-formed babies with no heartbeats and all sorts of other horrific things I won't even mention for fear of putting the thought into someone else's head!
    First scan is 6th January and it honestly cannot come quick enough! A private scan would cost me a fortune - Dublin is closest and I am in Monaghan - about €50 in travel expenses and another €100 for the scan and we really just do not have it to spare.
    I'm not slim so I would be concerned that no heartbeat would be picked up either, and that would send me into a frenzy!
    I suppose I should be more than thankful that I have yet to suffer from constipation or morning sickness, but the utter lack of symptoms makes me think that the whole pregnancy is a dream!
    Just to let you know ShaSha, I had zero symptoms either (which is why I ended up getting three private scans :o) and everything was fine with each scan. The midwife at my 12 week scan told me that 70-75% of women get morning sickness…. That means 1 in 4 or so don’t! It doesn’t mean your baby isn’t healthy – I guess we are just the lucky ones :rolleyes:

Why not go to the doctor and see if she can put your mind at ease. She might be able to pick up a HB with the Doppler, just try not to panic too much if she can’t.

Try not to worry too much, I am a real worrier too and I am still worrying about every little thing (and I’m 15 weeks) chances are everything is perfectly ok. The 6th will be here before you know it. The time will fly over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Merkin wrote: »
    dildo cam

Actually snorted out loud with laughter in the college library when I read this :D
    ncmc wrote: »

Why not go to the doctor and see if she can put your mind at ease. She might be able to pick up a HB with the Doppler, just try not to panic too much if she can’t.

My doctor is a man, and a very grumpy one that, quite frankly, doesn't give a toss :rolleyes:
    As a full-time student, I can't go to the doctor during the week, unless something is wrong, which I guess there isn't. Just gonna whinge about it in the meantime until the scan rolls around :D

I met with my midwife yesterday Shasha (I'm 8 +1) and she said to count yourself lucky if you don't get morning sickness. She said she has three bonny little children herself and never got it either so it doesn't mean anything. My friend has hyperemesis and it's horrific - we should count ourselves lucky!

Try not to worry hon. You said in another thread that your skin has broken out and that you're tired etc which are good healthy signs that your hormones are working their magic!

You and bubba are fine. x

Merkin wrote: »
    I met with my midwife yesterday Shasha (I'm 8 +1) and she said to count yourself lucky if you don't get morning sickness. She said she has three bonny little children herself and never got it either so it doesn't mean anything. My friend has hyperemesis and it's horrific - we should count ourselves lucky!

Try not to worry hon. You said in another thread that your skin has broken out and that you're tired etc which are good healthy signs that your hormones are working their magic!

You and bubba are fine. x

Yeah when I really think about it I do feel more tired than normal, but this is also my degree year and I'm finishing up my thesis, so I wasn't sure if the tiredness was totally down to Baba. Spots are unfortunately commonplace with me. That and the heavy periods was the reason I've been on dianette for the past 11 years :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's just rotten, I'm being plagued with vivid nightmares of going to my scan and seeing half-formed babies with no heartbeats and all sorts of other horrific things I won't even mention for fear of putting the thought into someone else's head!
    First scan is 6th January and it honestly cannot come quick enough! A private scan would cost me a fortune - Dublin is closest and I am in Monaghan - about €50 in travel expenses and another €100 for the scan and we really just do not have it to spare.
    I'm not slim so I would be concerned that no heartbeat would be picked up either, and that would send me into a frenzy!
    I suppose I should be more than thankful that I have yet to suffer from constipation or morning sickness, but the utter lack of symptoms makes me think that the whole pregnancy is a dream!

I had NO symptoms, so I sympathise. By the way, vivid dreams of all sorts are common in pregnancy so its kind of a symptom. I'm sure everything will be fine but you cant help but worry until they check you out.

Would you see if you could get a scan in the North then? Would it be nearer and cheaper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Neyite wrote: »
    I had NO symptoms, so I sympathise. By the way, vivid dreams of all sorts are common in pregnancy so its kind of a symptom. I'm sure everything will be fine but you cant help but worry until they check you out.

Would you see if you could get a scan in the North then? Would it be nearer and cheaper?

I had such a vivid dream last night that I was hearing voices :\ I woke up and thought it was real... Scary scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

That is just terrible shashabear! Could you even pay for one in your hospital? When is gp visit?

Millem wrote: »
    That is just terrible shashabear! Could you even pay for one in your hospital? When is gp visit?

No mention of a GP visit Millem. I have my scan on the 6th of January, and my hospital appointment on the 11th.
    Couldn't afford to pay for a scan at the minute, and right now it seems sorta pointless when I'm getting a free one in two weeks!

And good point Neyite, there have been a lot of very vivid dreams about the baby and scans. All nightmares, but the ones that leave you waking in a sheen of sweat and you can't shake the horrors for hours - pretty vivid!

No mention of a GP visit Millem. I have my scan on the 6th of January, and my hospital appointment on the 11th.
    Couldn't afford to pay for a scan at the minute, and right now it seems sorta pointless when I'm getting a free one in two weeks!

And good point Neyite, there have been a lot of very vivid dreams about the baby and scans. All nightmares, but the ones that leave you waking in a sheen of sweat and you can't shake the horrors for hours - pretty vivid!

Is the 6th January your 12week appointment?

• Advertisement

Is the 6th January your 12week appointment?

No, it's my dating scan, and I'll be over 13 weeks at it :(

No, it's my dating scan, and I'll be over 13 weeks at it :(

Shashabear don't worry :) it is not too far away! I don't know what a dating scan is! When I got scanned they never changed my dates (it was only 6 days) as they said it's good to give me a few extra days to try and go into labour myself! I would definitely just wait till then as you will be able to see loads on scan at 13 weeks! When I rang about my private scan they told me not to get scan done before 12 weeks (I wanted to get the nuchal measurement). Seriously count yourself lucky morning sickness hasn't kicked in! I have hyperemesis and it is so terrible. I can't work, eat, to be honest basically do anything :( I am literally counting down the days now and with a bit if luck I might go a week early! Did you book your anomaly scan at 20-24 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

ShaShabear, you're entitled to a certain number of GP visits free as part of the combined care (think it's 5 or 6) so you wouldn't even be charged for a visit if you decide to go before your scan. My GP told me I should see someone every four weeks, be it her or the hospital. But to be fair, my GP is lovely, it's unfortunate yours is a bit of a grump!

ncmc wrote: »
    ShaShabear, you're entitled to a certain number of GP visits free as part of the combined care (think it's 5 or 6) so you wouldn't even be charged for a visit if you decide to go before your scan. My GP told me I should see someone every four weeks, be it her or the hospital. But to be fair, my GP is lovely, it's unfortunate yours is a bit of a grump!

He's a disaster! None of my care has been explained to me yet, I'm waiting to go into Cavan on the 11th to ask the midwives what the hell is supposed to happen for the rest of the pregnancy! I'm completely in the dark about everything unless I research it myself, no mention of anomaly scans!! Cavan midwives told me they'd take care of everything once I get registered though!

My GP actually told me not to bother coming back until I was 12 weeks pregnant...

He's a disaster! None of my care has been explained to me yet, I'm waiting to go into Cavan on the 11th to ask the midwives what the hell is supposed to happen for the rest of the pregnancy! I'm completely in the dark about everything unless I research it myself, no mention of anomaly scans!! Cavan midwives told me they'd take care of everything once I get registered though!

My GP actually told me not to bother coming back until I was 12 weeks pregnant...

I think it's 6 free gp visits but you can have more if you have something pregnancy related (I have had loads and don't get charged!) I didn't have a clue either, when I booked in for 12 weeks hospital then just gave me a number to book for anomaly scan (I didn't even know what it was!). So everything was booked when I was around 6 weeks I think! I reckon though the midwives will tell you what is story is as I presume every hospital is different!

To be fair there's not much point in going back to your GP until your over your first visit in the hospital, there's not a lot he can do.

January wrote: »
    To be fair there's not much point in going back to your GP until your over your first visit in the hospital, there's not a lot he can do.

I just assumed he might keep an eye on my weight and blood pressure until the hospital saw me!

I just assumed he might keep an eye on my weight and blood pressure until the hospital saw me!

6 weeks between doc and hospital is normal. Your next appointment with hospital will be scheduled for around 16 weeks so you'll be seen 4 weeks after, it's only monitored intermittently. My last appt with hosp was 16 weeks, I won't be seen again until 28 weeks as that's what my consultant decided for me and I don't do combined care so won't be seen in between, cons is fine with that much of a gap. It'll become monthly then until 36 weeks and weekly for the last 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Heartburn, aches and pains, exhausted but cant sleep, f***ed up dreams that seriously mess with your head (when you do actually get some sleep)
    Just some of the joys of pregnancy.

But its all worth it when you get that first cuddle, first smile and even the first time they announce in a shop "i poo" as my 19 month old done today (to the amusement of the cashier). (I still had a proud mammy moment at her saying new words)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My moan is SPD!! Having to get up to give my 8 month old his dummy during the night is killing me then not gettin back to sleep because of insomnia just makes for a tired sore pregnant mammy!!

On another note his top two teeth are now poking through the gum enough that he's grinding them... The worst sound in the world by far!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

OH has gone away for his Xmas party for the night and wont be home till tomorrow avo....Why these companies have to go away for the night is beyond me! And I have just eaten a whole top layer of Dairy Box Chocolates out of boredom and pure yumminess. It's just typical the night im on my own there's NOTHING on tv.

Also I cant get comfortable in bed. When I sit up my back kills me (previous horse riding fracture), stomach an obvious no no, and when I try my side my hips now hurt due to the extra weight.

Feck this pregnancy lark.... I better go and take some gaviscon now.... Stupid dairy box.....

Wish I could cover up the horrid regrowth on my hair, dye will simply not take to it!
    Starting to feel uncomfortable lying on my stomach too, even though I dont think I'm showing yet. Cant wait till I look pregnant and not fat! :D

Wish I could cover up the horrid regrowth on my hair, dye will simply not take to it!
    Starting to feel uncomfortable lying on my stomach too, even though I dont think I'm showing yet. Cant wait till I look pregnant and not fat! :D

Lol... I absolutely hate that transitional stage when you put on weight but don't have the bump to show you're pregnant.... Now I just stick my bump out and I'm like.... YES THERE IS A REASON I'VE PUT ON 2 STONE! :D

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Lol... I absolutely hate that transitional stage when you put on weight but don't have the bump to show you're pregnant.... Now I just stick my bump out and I'm like.... YES THERE IS A REASON I'VE PUT ON 2 STONE! :D

My mother even commented on the weight I had put on, got the lecture about watching I didn't put on too much during the pregnancy. Weighed myself and only seem to have about half a stone on in 10 weeks. But I can assure you I feel and look like it's at least twice that.

My mother even commented on the weight I had put on, got the lecture about watching I didn't put on too much during the pregnancy. Weighed myself and only seem to have about half a stone on in 10 weeks. But I can assure you I feel and look like it's at least twice that.

You always feel the first half a stone! My mums always telling me watch what I eat lately. Sure she was telling me eat more earlier this year after I withered away to nothing with all the running around after number 1! Will they ever stop?! Lol

Sligo1 wrote: »
    You always feel the first half a stone! My mums always telling me watch what I eat lately. Sure she was telling me eat more earlier this year after I withered away to nothing with all the running around after number 1! Will they ever stop?! Lol

I've been eating like a 14 year old girl on her period after getting dumped :o
    Had popcorn and a garlic baguette for dinner yesterday, and a full tube of prawn cocktail Pringles for lunch today. Don't do it every day, but I'd be tempted to! I dont have sickness, but when I get hungry I feel sick and thats when the food smells and aversions kick in and I feel too ill to cook. Fruit doesnt really seem to fill me as well as something deliciously carby packed with mouthwatering MSG :rolleyes:

Yup sounds familiar! Salty and savoury! Big bowels pasta, instant noodles, crisps amd bread. The thought of vegetables or fruit in my first trimester made me heave! I nearly wished I had bad morning sickness as I felt like a heffalump! Lol. That will all go tho.... You're nearly in your second trimester.... The food aversions hopefully won't be so bad then (hopefully). I got back to my fruit and vege and good diet then :) (NOT).... Hence the big weight gain....

Going to try and sleep now... If I can find a good sleeping position.... Here's hoping my 1 year old sleeps though the night....

I've been eating like a 14 year old girl on her period after getting dumped :o
    Had popcorn and a garlic baguette for dinner yesterday, and a full tube of prawn cocktail Pringles for lunch today. Don't do it every day, but I'd be tempted to! I dont have sickness, but when I get hungry I feel sick and thats when the food smells and aversions kick in and I feel too ill to cook. Fruit doesnt really seem to fill me as well as something deliciously carby packed with mouthwatering MSG :rolleyes:

Three things that seem to stay down for me are, salt and vinegar snack a jacks, manhattan popcorn and coca cola! The baby loves loves loves coca cola :)

Three things that seem to stay down for me are, salt and vinegar snack a jacks, manhattan popcorn and coca cola! The baby loves loves loves coca cola :)

Just be careful with the coca cola hon because of its caffeine content!

• Advertisement

Im so thirsty all the time, murdering fizzy drinks!

Advertisement