Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Im so thirsty all the time, murdering fizzy drinks!

Those San Pelligrino ones are great, I'm addicted to them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Oh the blood orange one is delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

Oh the blood orange one is delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

My addiction is choc chip muffins so I keep makin them and pigging out!!

Love choc this time but normally wouldn eat it or sweet things. I like salty things more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My addiction is choc chip muffins so I keep makin them and pigging out!!

Love choc this time but normally wouldn eat it or sweet things. I like salty things more

Going by the old wife's tales you're having a girl so :p Crave sweet things - girl, crave salty/savoury - boy :p

• Advertisement

I loved McDonalds chips with my son. Non stop cravings for them..

Will know tomorrow hopefully what I'm having now that my DH agree's to finding out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Have found that I'm absolutely obsessed with bagels with bacon and cream cheese.. gp assured me cream cheese was fine, then hospital doctor gave out to me :/

My rant is the absolute lack of energy I've got, its hit me with a complete slap! Taking naps/not able to stay awake while watching tv in the evenings has become a regular occurance..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Have found that I'm absolutely obsessed with bagels with bacon and cream cheese.. gp assured me cream cheese was fine, then hospital doctor gave out to me :/

My rant is the absolute lack of energy I've got, its hit me with a complete slap! Taking naps/not able to stay awake while watching tv in the evenings has become a regular occurance..

Pasteurised cheese is fine, it's only cheese made from unpasteurised milk or mould ripened cheese (like Brie or Camembert) that you have to avoid. Philadelphia is pasteurised :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

What about halloumi and mozzarella? I love cheese at the best of times but have gone mad for it of late!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

January wrote: »
    Going by the old wife's tales you're having a girl so :p Crave sweet things - girl, crave salty/savoury - boy :p

Obviously routing for a healthy baby regardless, but wed both love a boy first. Hopefully the old wives tales are right, because I am definitely on the savoury and salty side of things, used to be a menace for chocolate and now its pringles, dorito and sour cream dips and stuff with cheese or gravy on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I must be the exception there.
    With my daughter i craved tinned spaghetti and pop corn.
    Now im craving chocolate really bad. Choc spread on toast especially and a big glass of milk.
    Or hot chocolate with burboun creams. God my mouth is watering.

Ps im having a boy this time

Obviously routing for a healthy baby regardless, but wed both love a boy first. Hopefully the old wives tales are right, because I am definitely on the savoury and salty side of things, used to be a menace for chocolate and now its pringles, dorito and sour cream dips and stuff with cheese or gravy on it!

I was all salt with my son and my friend due the same time was eating packets of biscuits and she had a girl. Could be coincidental!

My cravings are different this time to say the least. I loved sour green apples with my son and mushy peas. This time I went off veg and only started eating them again recently

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Millem wrote: »
    Three things that seem to stay down for me are, salt and vinegar snack a jacks, manhattan popcorn and coca cola! The baby loves loves loves coca cola :)

this baby adores coca cola, personally i cannot stand it. i allow the baby one can a week.

it is so disgusting and sugary but goddamit, i cant get enough if it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

John Mason wrote: »
    this baby adores coca cola, personally i cannot stand it. i allow the baby one can a week.

it is so disgusting and sugary but goddamit, i cant get enough if it.

I was never one for it either, never had it in the house! But I can't drink tea, or coffee as they automically make me vomit. So am living off gallons of milk and water! Some days though the milk just curdles in my stomach and makes me vomit :( In the last three days I have had a can if coke a day!! Whereas I could go a week without a can! I read somewhere it has some anti nausea ingredient in it!! (Don't know how true that is!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Woke up at 3 needing to pee. Back to bed getting pains on and off and couldn't decide if it was early labour or just paronia. Decided on paronia and went back to sleep after about an hour. Up at 6.30 to drop hubby to work and ended up in bathroom getting sick for about 10mins:-( Get the LO off to school now and back to bed for a bit

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Millem wrote: »
    I was never one for it either, never had it in the house! But I can't drink tea, or coffee as they automically make me vomit. So am living off gallons of milk and water! Some days though the milk just curdles in my stomach and makes me vomit :( In the last three days I have had a can if coke a day!! Whereas I could go a week without a can! I read somewhere it has some anti nausea ingredient in it!! (Don't know how true that is!!).

i cant drink coffee anymore, it gives me the trots :o i assumed it was the caffine i was craving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

The itch in my face and my ears...I might lose the plot! I have a stupid cold I could be a lot worse but god I feel awful.

Also I am a terrible terrible patient. Terrible.

Lying in bed with bloat that could easily rival a full term pregnancy bump, and stomach is churning after my delicious (at the time) chip butty.
    Partner is snoring for ireland and the dog (who is asleep between us like a child) is in direct competition.
    How hard would it be to hide two sliced up bodies under a garden covered in gravel? :D

OMG I am furious and need to rant! :mad:

I live in the UK and will be nine weeks gone on Thursday with our first so very happy about that, deliriously so :) But the local postman is actually a woman here who is a thoroughly lovely lady who I always have a chat with in the morning. She delivers post both here at work and to my home. She came into me this morning and said "WELL, do you have some news for me???!!! and I was so taken aback and asked her what she meant and she said "so you're expecting then!!" :eek:

I whispered yes and said how do you know, she said that Boots had sent me an envelope in the post this morning plastered with "Mother to Be" and she obviously put two and two together. She was very nice and said she won't tell anyone but the posties sometimes deliver my home post to my work which would have gone through quite a few different hands to get to me.

I am absolutely RAGING with Boots. She said not to say anything as she'd get in trouble so I won't, I don't want to drop her in it but HOW VERY DARE Boots - talk about indiscreet!!! Am raging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Merkin wrote: »
    OMG I am furious and need to rant! :mad:

I live in the UK and will be nine weeks gone on Thursday with our first so very happy about that, deliriously so :) But the local postman is actually a woman here who is a thoroughly lovely lady who I always have a chat with in the morning. She delivers post both here at work and to my home. She came into me this morning and said "WELL, do you have some news for me???!!! and I was so taken aback and asked her what she meant and she said "so you're expecting then!!" :eek:

I whispered yes and said how do you know, she said that Boots had sent me an envelope in the post this morning plastered with "Mother to Be" and she obviously put two and two together. She was very nice and said she won't tell anyone but the posties sometimes deliver my home post to my work which would have gone through quite a few different hands to get to me.

I am absolutely RAGING with Boots. She said not to say anything as she'd get in trouble so I won't, I don't want to drop her in it but HOW VERY DARE Boots - talk about indiscreet!!! Am raging!
    While I agree it's indiscreet of Boots, I would be more annoyed with your post woman. Postal workers have access to some pretty sensitive information and it was totally inappropriate for her to say something to you.

You're probably right ncmc. She's a nice lady so I won't say anything but I'm sat here feeling very awkward now! It's me and Mr. Merkin's little secret for now. I had a bleed at six weeks and am so conscious that I'm still at such an early stage so I don't feel I should have to explain to my postlady if anything goes wrong or anything (which please God it won't!) I feel better for ranting here, just need to forget about it now! x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

You're probably right ncmc. She's a nice lady so I won't say anything but I'm sat here feeling very awkward now! It's me and Mr. Merkin's little secret for now. I had a bleed at six weeks and am so conscious that I'm still at such an early stage so I don't feel I should have to explain to my postlady if anything goes wrong or anything (which please God it won't!) I feel better for ranting here, just need to forget about it now! x
    I feel your pain, my postie has made a few comments to me about our post over the years and it drives me mad. Nothing big like yours, but just little things and I think it's so inappropriate - like he'll make little jokes about me online shopping or something and i'm like FFS, mind your own business! He's a neighbour so feel I can't say anything!

Sorry to hear about your bleed, it's a worrying enough time as it is, without having the extra worry of a bleed. I'm sure you're counting down the days until you get to 12 weeks! But i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine if you've had no further bleeds since 6 weeks.

ncmc wrote: »
    I feel your pain, my postie has made a few comments to me about our post over the years and it drives me mad. Nothing big like yours, but just little things and I think it's so inappropriate - like he'll make little jokes about me online shopping or something and i'm like FFS, mind your own business! He's a neighbour so feel I can't say anything!

Sorry to hear about your bleed, it's a worrying enough time as it is, without having the extra worry of a bleed. I'm sure you're counting down the days until you get to 12 weeks! But i'm sure you'll be absolutely fine if you've had no further bleeds since 6 weeks.

Same here, the postie is our neighbour! She lives down the road and is such a lovely person, she fosters kids and loves having a natter but it just made me feel very awkward, I wouldn't in a million years get her in trouble or anything though!

Thanks ncmc, the bleed was very worrying. It was great to have a scan in the EPAU and see bubba's little heartbeat! I've had no more bleeding thank goodness although I have very light, occasional brown spotting. Midwife said not to worry, it happens some women and as long as I don't have another bleed then no need to worry. I'd rather not see it though! I feel when I hopefully get to 12 weeks I can relax a bit more.

Same here, the postie is our neighbour! She lives down the road and is such a lovely person, she fosters kids and loves having a natter but it just made me feel very awkward, I wouldn't in a million years get her in trouble or anything though!

Thanks ncmc, the bleed was very worrying. It was great to have a scan in the EPAU and see bubba's little heartbeat! I've had no more bleeding thank goodness although I have very light, occasional brown spotting. Midwife said not to worry, it happens some women and as long as I don't have another bleed then no need to worry. I'd rather not see it though! I feel when I hopefully get to 12 weeks I can relax a bit more.

Merkin, I definitely would say something to Boots about it. As you say your post lady is a lovely person, and she may just have been super excited to congratulate you!

Boots on the other hand, now that's a disgrace. I've had things from Aptamil, Bepanthan and Mothercare in the post since I got pregnant, and not one of them gave notice of what was inside the envelope. In fact, all of them came in brown envelopes, with the nappy cream samples in padded ones.
    I'd give them a buzz and tell them they very nearly let your secret out at work, at least to have them rethink the envelope!

Thanks Shasha, I think I will say something. I in no way want to implicate the postie but I think it is worth mentioning it to them - if I've had this issue I am sure other women have had it too! You'd think they would know better!

Thanks Shasha, I think I will say something. I in no way want to implicate the postie but I think it is worth mentioning it to them - if I've had this issue I am sure other women have had it too! You'd think they would know better!

Definitely! Someone living at home who maybe hasn't let the news out yet, or someone who is getting information on behalf of someone that doesn't want post coming to their house... it could end in serious tears!
    Right up until about two years ago my uncle (and godfather) was the postman for my whole area. He is extremely old fashioned, and my mother had to break the news. He's fine now, he's come to terms with pregnancy outside marriage not being such a big deal any more, but I wouldn't have liked him to see it on an envelope!!! :D

On a side note, has anyone gotten their free EUmom packs from SuperValu yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Definitely! Someone living at home who maybe hasn't let the news out yet, or someone who is getting information on behalf of someone that doesn't want post coming to their house... it could end in serious tears!
    Right up until about two years ago my uncle (and godfather) was the postman for my whole area. He is extremely old fashioned, and my mother had to break the news. He's fine now, he's come to terms with pregnancy outside marriage not being such a big deal any more, but I wouldn't have liked him to see it on an envelope!!! :D

On a side note, has anyone gotten their free EUmom packs from SuperValu yet?

Not yet, keep meaning to give my card to my sis (she lives right beside a Supervalu) but keep forgetting. Will do it one of these days!

Not yet, keep meaning to give my card to my sis (she lives right beside a Supervalu) but keep forgetting. Will do it one of these days!

I've my voucher saved to my desktop, but I keep forgetting to take it in with me! I don't know anyone who has gotten one, curious what's in them (I know it's different with all packs)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Got it during my last pregnancy. Was a handy lil bag like a mini school bag. And lil samples of baby oil, nappies, wipes, dettol cleaning stuff , a teether and a little liga box which was brilliant. Used it so much until we lost it. Still raging. Cant wait to get it just for that lil box .Hopefully i will get one this time.

Ive the voucher thing filled out and been in supervalu and near it so many times but forgot. Will do it soon.
    On a not very moany note i think my spd is calming down. (Fingers and toes crossed) i was that bad a few weeks ago had a crutch and everything. But last week was fairly good except sunday daughter was climbing and i had a bit if a disaster while trying to catch her before she fell and my hip kind of gave way. But had physio yestetday. While my pelvis is still out its not as bad as at was. .
    Hoping it continues.
    The serola belt really is helping but

Advertisement