Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

ShaShaBear wrote: »

On a side note, has anyone gotten their free EUmom packs from SuperValu yet?

Yes I got mine last week. I thought they would sent it by post but the girl gave it to me directly. Its a nice pack, I love the baby towel though. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 starry141

Manuka honey, lemon and hot water. I swear it stopped many colds from getting any worse during this pregnancy.

Hi saw your thread this morning. Delighted to see I can take manuka honey during pregnancy. I dont know what I would do without it as Im an asthmatic and dont want to rely on the use of antibiotcs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

What s dummy pack you speak of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

John Mason wrote: »
    What s dummy pack you speak of?

eumom.ie has a thing where, if you sign up with them, you get a voucher for a free starter pack in any SuperValu when you hand over the voucher. It has lots of little samples and some stuff that I'd consider more than a sample.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

eumom.ie has a thing where, if you sign up with them, you get a voucher for a free starter pack in any SuperValu when you hand over the voucher. It has lots of little samples and some stuff that I'd consider more than a sample.

I got my eumom.ie pack and they have a few samples of stuff - wipes, baby oil etc; just beware though, they give you a sample of Persil Small & Mighty and Comfort Pure and coupons for each but the coupons were £1 off and £0.75 off - a bit embarrassing when you go to use them only to have it pointed out to you. I have contacted both eumom and supervalu about it but haven't heard anything back :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I CAN'T STOP EATING!!!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I CAN'T STOP EATING!!!

All I've had today is toast with jam, chips and mayo and a tin of cooked beans with some bread :rolleyes:
    Have a stuffed chicken crown in the oven at the minute to do with baby spuds, brussell sprouts and gravy, but I just know I'm not going to want it when it's done!

On another moany note, partner has worked 50 hours so far this week, with at least another 20 to be worked before he gets paid on Friday. He's been working these crazy hours since the end of September, and still has to get paid for anything other than his contracted 40.

I miss him, and we're broke :(

All I've had today is toast with jam, chips and mayo and a tin of cooked beans with some bread :rolleyes:
    Have a stuffed chicken crown in the oven at the minute to do with baby spuds, brussell sprouts and gravy, but I just know I'm not going to want it when it's done!

Im about to order a big Chinese :D.

I miss my OH aswell. Decided to stay at mums this week in the country with my 1 year old coz I'm getting tired and OH working ridiculous hours before xmas. He prob wouldnt be home anytime before 8 or 9pm and then on computer doing work till 2 or 3am. I miss him but thank god it's only for a week or 2.

Im about to order a big Chinese :D.

I miss my OH aswell. Decided to stay at mums this week in the country with my 1 year old coz I'm getting tired and OH working ridiculous hours before xmas. He prob wouldnt be home anytime before 8 or 9pm and then on computer doing work till 2 or 3am. I miss him but thank god it's only for a week or 2.

I'd love a Chinese, but we're so broke. We've a loan on our car to pay back, and my partner ends up having to buy lunches on the road because he doesn't get a lunch break. I had a go at him a few days ago about working 20+ unpaid hours a week, but he's just letting it go. Getting so bad that he's actually snapping at me in his sleep without realising it!
    He reckons his boss said this will all blow over after Xmas, but one of the staff members just handed in notice because he's furious about not getting paid for working 60 hour weeks, so obviously the workload is about to go up :(

I CAN'T STOP EATING!!!

Same here and on the same time so tired and without any energy. Hope its better tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I'd love a Chinese, but we're so broke. We've a loan on our car to pay back, and my partner ends up having to buy lunches on the road because he doesn't get a lunch break. I had a go at him a few days ago about working 20+ unpaid hours a week, but he's just letting it go. Getting so bad that he's actually snapping at me in his sleep without realising it!
    He reckons his boss said this will all blow over after Xmas, but one of the staff members just handed in notice because he's furious about not getting paid for working 60 hour weeks, so obviously the workload is about to go up :(

Ah jeez, that sounds awful! My OH doesn't get paid for the extra hours either... But he really likes his work amd they treat him really well. If he ever needs time off anything they really good amd give him a couple days extra leave when we have babies etc... So he wouldnt say anything...

Hope things pick up for you x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Another one here with oh doing 20ish hours of unpaid overtime :(

I have a split lip from being head butted by my one year old in her sleep and had to grab her today to stop her falling and banging her head on tiles and hurt my bump... Then I made her cry because I snapped at her I got such a fright. So feeling rotten today :( so just want a good cry.

Seems like today is a good day for a moan. Cyning I hope your lips ok. I bet your wee one forgot about you snapping only 5 minutes later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh cyning its hard with a lil one. My daughter was climbing on sunday and 1 leg fell between couch and wall. I jumped to get her but hip gave way and i kinda came down at a funny qngle along with her. Honestly thought her leg was broke.

Anyway i was too quick to be not moaning earlier today. LO isnt well so only wants cuddles and although my spd is improving i cant imagine lifting a 1 yr old so much is going to help.
    Also have such a tooth ache. Im so fed up with my teeth seriously just wana get them all pulled and get dentures. Have had 2 fillings and 1 extraction since getting pregnant and now this.
    Last pregnancy had 2 fillings also. What is with these hormones.

O gosh I wish I had stuck with my Chinese! I decided to get an Indian! Disaster! It was so yummy and now I feel so sick. I ate the whole bloody thing and a whole naan bread to boot (love dipping naan into chicken tika masala) all at 9.30pm. I just know when I go to bed tonight im gonna have the worst indigestion ever and probably get no sleep because of it....

O gosh I wish I had stuck with my Chinese! I decided to get an Indian! Disaster! It was so yummy and now I feel so sick. I ate the whole bloody thing and a whole naan bread to boot (love dipping naan into chicken tika masala) all at 9.30pm. I just know when I go to bed tonight im gonna have the worst indigestion ever and probably get no sleep because of it....

That just made my mouth water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Constipation :(

January wrote: »
    Constipation :(

Prunes? Yuk I know... They worked for me tho Im sure you've already tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Very swollen down below and feels like two lumps. Not painful but very uncomfortable:-(

Prune juice isn't too bad. At the moment I am having a glass a day and also fybogel. Its over the counter and fine during pregnancy. Only things that help me.

• Advertisement

When I was taking galfer last pregnancy I took a bit of Lactulose every night before bed. Never got constipated. Hated having to take galfer... Hoping I don't have to this time around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Suucee wrote: »
    Prune juice isn't too bad. At the moment I am having a glass a day and also fybogel. Its over the counter and fine during pregnancy. Only things that help me.

Fybogel is brilliant. It's an orange flavoured fibre supplement that comes in sachets January and is very gentle but effective!

Merkin wrote: »
    Fybogel is brilliant. It's an orange flavoured fibre supplement that comes in sachets January and is very gentle but effective!

But dont leave it too long in the glass. I made it one morning and got distracted. when i went to drink it it was gone kinda gunky and hard.
    Made me wretch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

The pharmacist told me to take the fybogel immediately - and to rinse the glass really well immediately too otherwise itll never come off! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

F-ing Legs cramps. Went to the loo at about 2 am... Oh the way back the two legs and feet cramped and curled into weird shape. Couldn't get up. Stupid arms couldn't drag myself back to bedroom. Tried calling husband, he was asleep like a sack of spuds. Didn't want to wake my daughter with shouting so decided to wait it out.
    It was FREEZING on the landing. Felt like hours, but was prob 20 mins, evenutally my legs and feet unseized and i got back to the bed. Still sore from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

pwurple wrote: »
    F-ing Legs cramps. Went to the loo at about 2 am... Oh the way back the two legs and feet cramped and curled into weird shape. Couldn't get up. Stupid arms couldn't drag myself back to bedroom. Tried calling husband, he was asleep like a sack of spuds. Didn't want to wake my daughter with shouting so decided to wait it out.
    It was FREEZING on the landing. Felt like hours, but was prob 20 mins, evenutally my legs and feet unseized and i got back to the bed. Still sore from them.
    You poor thing, that sounds awful. I know from my running days how debilitating a really bad cramp can be. You can expect it to be tender for a couple of days. An ice pack might help if it's very sore and gentle stretching should help too.

Oh pwurple thats bad so sorry for you. I hope you are getting better.
    I cant sleep with this f..g cramps. Its not that bad but so annoying. Its starts in the muscle and them my toes cramp and my scin is so itchy. Got maybe 3 hours sleep last night and during the day if I try to catch up sleep I have the same. Driving me up the wall.

Jeez pwurple thats bad. Hope your feeling better today

Jaysus, I thought I was bad with debilitating migraines the past two days that forced me to get sick!
    If I ended up paralysed like that I probably would have woke my in-laws in Cavan with the screaming!

• Advertisement

Jaysus, I thought I was bad with debilitating migraines the past two days that forced me to get sick!
    If I ended up paralysed like that I probably would have woke my in-laws in Cavan with the screaming!

Hi guys... I hope ye are all ok!

Shasha... I'm not giving medical advice or anything but mind those migraines. I went to my consultant and told her I was getting migraines. It's a symptom I suffer from and did last pregnancy aswell. She said if they get very bad and if I am vomiting with them I need to get checked straight away. Apparently if they are associated with vomiting you really need to see someone. I hope you're ok. And I don't mean to worry u or anything.

Advertisement