Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Hi guys... I hope ye are all ok!

Shasha... I'm not giving medical advice or anything but mind those migraines. I went to my consultant and told her I was getting migraines. It's a symptom I suffer from and did last pregnancy aswell. She said if they get very bad and if I am vomiting with them I need to get checked straight away. Apparently if they are associated with vomiting you really need to see someone. I hope you're ok. And I don't mean to worry u or anything.

It's something I suffered with before pregnancy. Much more regularly in fact. I was checked for pre-eclampsia and got the all-clear. I was told that women who suffer migraines find they lessen when they get pregnant, which is technically true - I have had only two in the last three months, whereas normally I would have at least one a month.

The problem is I normally take two solpadeine or ibuprofen and sleep for about 3 hours in the dark. I can only take paracetamol now, and I might as well be swallowing sugar cubes for all the good they do :o If the headache persists, in this case overnight, the pain starts to make me queasy, but once I vomit the migraine usually starts to let up, and that's my queue to grab the paracetamol! The cut in my caffeine intake doesn't help much either. If I find a headache coming now I usually make a cup of coffee really quick. I don't drink coffee, but I do drink A LOT of tea, maybe 10 mugs a day, and now most of them are decaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Ah that's good. I got headaches the odd time but never migraines before i was pregnant. I only seem to get them when I'm pregnant. Fecking awful things! I wake nearly every morning with them now. But no vomiting thank god.

I actually count myself lucky compared to others with SPD and rotten cramps etc,... (Touch wood)....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Ah that's good. I got headaches the odd time but never migraines before i was pregnant. I only seem to get them when I'm pregnant. Fecking awful things! I wake nearly every morning with them now. But no vomiting thank god.

I actually count myself lucky compared to others with SPD and rotten cramps etc,... (Touch wood)....

I had godawful cramps in the first few weeks. Doctor didn't want to know unless I was bleeding, and the closest hospital is Drogheda or Cavan, an hour's drive away in each case and not directly accessible by bus either. They stopped abruptly in the 5th week and I haven't had them since.
    All in all though, I've had a real smooth pregnancy to date. 11 weeks tomorrow! :eek: People don't joke when they talk about how it flies! The only symptom I've had that I have real issue with is complete and utter lack of motivation to do literally anything. It's not something I was expecting. I'm not tired as such, more lethargic, and would sit at my pc and stare at a lab report due the following day for about 2 hours without even typing a word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

Slightly off topic but where the hell do you go to get a flat tyre changed??

I would normally do it myself but seeing as the bump is making putting on socks difficult, I think it would be pushing it to change the tyre.

I want my body back.

Sweet_pea wrote: »

I would normally do it myself but seeing as the bump is making putting on socks difficult, I think it would be pushing it to change the tyre.

I want my body back.

Lol. I'd say any garage or mechanic will do it for you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Sweet_pea wrote: »

I want my body back.

If you have breakdown assist on your insurance you can try them. I got it done that way before.

Or AA if you're stranded...

Stupid stupid STUPID weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭detoxkid

I'm dying with a cold which is veering on a flu.. I'm tired and irritable, I feel like an elephant and I can't stop eating crap. :mad: seriously though I'd take it all and so much more for a healthy baby in 4 months time ...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

My moan is people giving me baby clothes wrapped up as my christmas presents ...... Insound ungrateful but I would love a present just for me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

LH2013 wrote: »
    My moan is people giving me baby clothes wrapped up as my christmas presents ...... Insound ungrateful but I would love a present just for me :(

Nope, that'd make me sad too...

January wrote: »
    Nope, that'd make me sad too...

I know they mean well but this is the last year most of my friends/ family will be buying me stuff next year its all about the little man !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

LH I can see where your coming from. Now my son is here I said not to get us anything just buy him somethin small last year I was glad of perfume and jammies

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

we have warned everyone we do not want baby presents as christmas presents, this year it is all about ME:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Shooting pains to lower back on right side of spine.

If its a nerve she's lying on, she needs to move before I go mad, paracetamol isn't doing a thing :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'd be livid!! You don't stop being a person just because your becoming a mammy ;) but then again I'm totally emotional right now and maybe not quite rational :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

My moan is people is people interfering where it's none of their business. I know they mostly mean well but it drives me insane when people carry on telling me what I can/can't should/shouldn't do as if they know my body better than I do myself :mad:

A colleague came up to me the other day and literally ate me because my face was a bit flushed, she grabbed my hands and started inspecting my fingers for swelling while giving out that I probably have pre eclampsia and should be looking after myself better :eek: I protested that my face was only flushed because I was sitting directly under a heater but she looked at me as if I was deliberately lying to her and she said 'yeah well it's not just yourself you have to think of anymore now' :mad: Had to restrain myself from telling her where to go :mad:
    Thankfully, my health is fine and I get my bp checked 2-3 times a week although people like that do tend to make it go up :rolleyes:

My moan is people is people interfering where it's none of their business. I know they mostly mean well but it drives me insane when people carry on telling me what I can/can't should/shouldn't do as if they know my body better than I do myself :mad:

A colleague came up to me the other day and literally ate me because my face was a bit flushed, she grabbed my hands and started inspecting my fingers for swelling while giving out that I probably have pre eclampsia and should be looking after myself better :eek: I protested that my face was only flushed because I was sitting directly under a heater but she looked at me as if I was deliberately lying to her and she said 'yeah well it's not just yourself you have to think of anymore now' :mad: Had to restrain myself from telling her where to go :mad:
    Thankfully, my health is fine and I get my bp checked 2-3 times a week although people like that do tend to make it go up :rolleyes:
    I would have been in danger of punching her :0
    My manager freaks out if I bend down to pick up a pen , telling me what I should and should not eat :rolleyes: Im trying the nod and smile option ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Ive been awake since four am, Ive given up sleeping. I was simultaneously too hot AND too cold all night. Im going to go to Liffey Valley now and get the last 2 bits I need for Xmas.

I think my apprehension/ anxiety over becoming a mum is creeping up on me, only 7 weeks to go and I dont feel ready at all. I know you probably never feel ready, but I hate that feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Sweet_pea

I have to laugh at my sister, she got grumpy with her first when she got presents like this. She just told me what she got me this year is for the baby only!

Christmas is turning into a bit of non event for me so I don't really care what I'm given. I most look forward to the social/food/personal traditions and I've not been able to do/enjoy one so far. Bah humbug is all I've to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

I'm due on Friday (27th) and just want a rant.
    I've had lower back pain most of the day. Don't know if I want to sit or stand or lie. Just uncomfortable, irritable and restless.
    Seem to have gotten some kind of tickly cough. Can't stop eating crap - not cos I'm hungry just because its there.

Want it all over with so we can finally meet our bundle but not sure if I'm ready for it.

Bleugh :(

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I've had lower back pain most of the day. Don't know if I want to sit or stand or lie. Just uncomfortable, irritable and restless.
    Seem to have gotten some kind of tickly cough. Can't stop eating crap - not cos I'm hungry just because its there.

Want it all over with so we can finally meet our bundle but not sure if I'm ready for it.

Dunno if you'll get to the 27th. Sounds like you might have a newborn for Christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

5 weeks to go and i honestly feel like somebody has kicked me between the legs and the pressure in the bum area is just horrible:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I agree with Neyite, sounds like you'll have your baby soon enough :)

Also, the very fact that you are doubting if you are ready means you are more than ready. You will be a great mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Well today is my "original" due date (going by my last period), my "real" due date (based on scans) is less than two weeks away ... and I don't feel any more pregnant than I did three months ago. I'm still not that big, I'm power-walking around the place without a hint of a waddle, and I'm feeling zero pressure down there. I'd say the baby would happily stay where he is for several more months. :rolleyes: I just want him out already, but I just know I'm going to go way overdue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

@Neyite and @January - I would love if ye were right and at this stage I'm sure my husband hopes so too :) He is a saint putting up with me!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

@Neyite and @January - I would love if ye were right and at this stage I'm sure my husband hopes so too :) He is a saint putting up with me!!

It just reminded me of what my sister said to me, almost word for word around 7pm when I skyped her one day. She was scheduled for being induced 5 days later and said she had backache, was restless etc just like you.

My mammy rang me at 6am to say she had the baby. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

And morning sickness back at 28 weeks just in time for Christmas. Whoop whoop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Stupid blood pressure has been causing problems all the way through, and it's gone high again now, messing up my Christmas plans. Great.

And I'm sick of people telling me to "mind myself" and "take it easy" etc. It's not stress that's causing the high blood pressure, I'm completely chilled out and I'm totally NOT overdoing things, I'm doing everything right and I can't help that it's high! The doctor isn't saying it's my fault, so I wish everyone else would stop implying that it is!

• Advertisement

Have been carrying my 1 year old around all day... He's nearly 2 stone... And my back is so sore. Really hurt myself. I know I shouldn't be lifting him when I'm nearly 7 months pregnant but I don't really have a choice. Now I'm walking with a limp like a granny holding my back :(. I'm sooo sore...

Advertisement