Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I feel your pain. Lot of walking around today in shops and then scrubbed the bathroom. Ended up in agony!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I need sleep.
    How can i be this tired but still not able to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Bit of an anti-moan today. Woke up with a full bladder that pushed my unnoticeable bump right up against my abdomen. Me and OH got to rest our hands on it for a bit before I had to run to the bathroom :D

Just woke with a tooth ache AGAIN. Seriously getting this out soon.

Patiently waiting my 1 yr old to wake.

Happy christmas all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

A very happy and healthy Christmas to all the expectant mummas! This time next year please God we'll all have little bundles of loveliness to make our Christmas even more wonderful!xx

• Advertisement

My beloved hubby has been up and very ill all night with novovirus, I'm terrified of catching it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I think there's somethin goin.
    What symptoms does he have???

He was very pale yesterday evening and a bit nauseous and then in the middle of the night woke up with projectile vomiting (he never vomits) and has had violent diarrhoea about eight or nine times, weak limbs, high temperature and just generally feeling pants. I feel so sorry for him, poor thing :(

Oh god my dad is sick since xmas eve not sure what's up and been a man won't get checked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Have to stay on the couch today,could not even prepare the breakfast on my own, f....g spd. Cant do anything anymore, grrrr.

• Advertisement

Siipina wrote: »
    Have to stay on the couch today,could not even prepare the breakfast on my own, f....g spd. Cant do anything anymore, grrrr.

I know the feeling. Have you had any physio or did you get a serola belt. It has worked wonders for me. From not being able to move or do hardly anything to now being able to clean the house and even go for a short walk most days. I still have bad days and sleepless nights but nothing in comparison to a few weeks ago.

Oh god my dad is sick since xmas eve not sure what's up and been a man won't get checked out.

Poor thing, is it with the pokey symptoms I described?

Yes I still have physio and this belt and longer distances I walk usually on my crotches. Normally I stay on the couch most of the day but the last days I was quite busy cooking and all this. I cant even go for a walk on a normal day anymore. Last time was on Saturday after I stayed 3 days nice and well-behaved on the couch. Its so driving me up the wall.

Merkin wrote: »
    Poor thing, is it with the pokey symptoms I described?

Yeah and really bad shakes. He can't hold a glass of water!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Still no sign of Bubs (in fairness my due date is only tomorrow) but if my MIL/SIL say "your bump has really dropped" "you look like you could go any minute" or "you seem a bit restless today" then I will scream.
    Yes I'm restless because I have a bad cold/cough/backache and I can't take anything stronger than paracetamol. If they can predict when I'm going to go, can they give me the feckin lotto numbers while they're at it and

*completely non-pregnancy related rant* the f**kers who live around the corner from us just put their over-filled wheelie bin out outside our house and it just fell over scattering rubbish outside our house while they are oblivious. If it wasn't lashing down outside I'd be gathering up every piece of it and posting it piece by piece in their f**king letterbox. AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH

Tooth pulled. Hopefully no more tooth aches. 2 fillings and 2 extractions since i got pregnant. Ill be a gummy bear if this keeps up .

Finally getting over yet another cold, no thanks to the horrid rude lady in Boots who told me I could take absolutely nothing for my cold except for Amoxycillin from the doctor (wow, you're a great pharmacist).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Pharmacists will always err on the side of caution and tell you the only thing you can have over the counter is paracetemol... I went in for a sore throat a few weeks ago and was told to go to my doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Finally getting over yet another cold, no thanks to the horrid rude lady in Boots who told me I could take absolutely nothing for my cold except for Amoxycillin from the doctor (wow, you're a great pharmacist).

A doctor wouldnt prescribe amoxicillin for a cold! Dunno what she was thinking. Some great recipes around here for nice honey and lemon drinks that may soothe you and help you feel a little better. Paracetamol may help you a little aswell.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    A doctor wouldnt prescribe amoxicillin for a cold! Dunno what she was thinking. Some great recipes around here for nice honey and lemon drinks that may soothe you and help you feel a little better. Paracetamol may help you a little aswell.

I told her as much. She didn't even suggest paracetamol, or strepsils, or any honey and lemon combinations. Just Doctor on Call for antibiotics for a cold!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Maura74

Take Manuka Honey Active 15+ with fresh lemon every morning and you will never get a cold again.

Manuka Honey and chamomile tea is great for a cold. Wouldn`t know what to do without it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

To be fair, a cold doesn't need anything except time and rest to get better. None of the over the counter things do a thing to cure it, nor does an antibiotic. Go home and rest should have been the advice.

Those manuka honey producers have some advertising campaign going too eh. Flying honey here from new zealand for a headcold. No worries about climate change or blasting fossil fuels into the atmosphere then... as long as the bees were using only antipodean plants for their regurgitated sugar syrup.

I'm grouchy as feck (as you can tell), stuck to the toilet all day, again, with third trimester puking. Can't even keep a damn cracker down today. Sipping sugar water is what I'm at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

pwurple wrote: »
    I'm grouchy as feck (as you can tell), stuck to the toilet all day, again, with third trimester puking. Can't even keep a damn cracker down today. Sipping sugar water is what I'm at.

I feel like such an imposter with my mild afternoon nausea when I read things like this. It must be an absolutely miserable feeling, and I won't patronize you with any "it'll all be worth it!" platitudes. Puking is horrible, end of. I hope it passes soon.

If its any consolation at all your grumpy rants are pretty hilarious :D

Much better today after some Lucozade, paracetamol, Vicks and Halls Soothers XL yesterday.
    Nausea and tiredness has hit me again like a tonne of bricks though, was just getting used to being able to get through the day without a nap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

I hope you kind ladies will allow me the indulgence of posting here even though I am no longer a pregnant lady! My moan is that although I am not pregnant anymore, I am still suffering from pre-eclampsia and high blood pressure. I actually had to self discharge myself from hospital. Sunday night my blood pressure went mad and they wanted to keep me another day. But in the hospital I had no one to help me with two babies and the sheer exhaustion added with morphine, a noisy ward, and general first time mum worries and my blood pressure was not being helped AT ALL by staying in hospital. At least at home there are two of us taking care of the babies.

To add insult to injury I got my prescription filled and instead of 200mg of my meds they dispensed 100mg which wouldn't have been a problem if they had advised me but they didn't so I took them as I had been and as a result was on half the dose I should be! No wonder I have felt awful the last 4 days! Thankfully I spotted it today and since then my blood pressure, whilst still a bit high, is much better.

Please god it will all return to pre pregnancy levels soon and I can start to feel normal again. It's hard enough with twins without blood pressure problems added into the mix!

Just a word of caution to all you ladies experiencing a return or increase in sickness in later pregnancy - I too started getting sick again around week 30 and put it down to third trimester hormones but in fact it was due to the blood pressure. So please be vigilant in getting your blood pressure checked and keeping all your appointments to be checked out. If you feel any other new or increased symptoms please get checked out. My symptoms were an increase in headaches, feeling wrecked even more than normal, occasionally an almost vertigo type sensation. I put it all down to 'hitting the wall' people told me you experience when you are having twins. I didn't have another appointment for 10 days and didn't think to do anything about it. It was only when in work one day I felt really weird and then had flashing in front of my eyes that I took myself off to the hospital to discover a blood pressure of 170/100. So please don't wait - trust your instincts and if your symptoms are different to normal or not what you were expecting, get checked out just to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I hope you kind ladies will allow me the indulgence of posting here even though I am no longer a pregnant lady! My moan is that although I am not pregnant anymore, I am still suffering from pre-eclampsia and high blood pressure. I actually had to self discharge myself from hospital. Sunday night my blood pressure went mad and they wanted to keep me another day. But in the hospital I had no one to help me with two babies and the sheer exhaustion added with morphine, a noisy ward, and general first time mum worries and my blood pressure was not being helped AT ALL by staying in hospital. At least at home there are two of us taking care of the babies.

To add insult to injury I got my prescription filled and instead of 200mg of my meds they dispensed 100mg which wouldn't have been a problem if they had advised me but they didn't so I took them as I had been and as a result was on half the dose I should be! No wonder I have felt awful the last 4 days! Thankfully I spotted it today and since then my blood pressure, whilst still a bit high, is much better.

Please god it will all return to pre pregnancy levels soon and I can start to feel normal again. It's hard enough with twins without blood pressure problems added into the mix!

Just a word of caution to all you ladies experiencing a return or increase in sickness in later pregnancy - I too started getting sick again around week 30 and put it down to third trimester hormones but in fact it was due to the blood pressure. So please be vigilant in getting your blood pressure checked and keeping all your appointments to be checked out. If you feel any other new or increased symptoms please get checked out. My symptoms were an increase in headaches, feeling wrecked even more than normal, occasionally an almost vertigo type sensation. I put it all down to 'hitting the wall' people told me you experience when you are having twins. I didn't have another appointment for 10 days and didn't think to do anything about it. It was only when in work one day I felt really weird and then had flashing in front of my eyes that I took myself off to the hospital to discover a blood pressure of 170/100. So please don't wait - trust your instincts and if your symptoms are different to normal or not what you were expecting, get checked out just to be on the safe side.

I hope you're feeling better soon! Massive congratulations on your babies! How lovely to have twins! Must be so awesome but sooo busy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Congrats on babies! very good idea to warn people about pre-eclampsia. So easy to just put those symptoms down to pregnancy.

I remember that disaster of being stuck in hospital with new baby all on your own, unable to sleep, rubbish food. I was there for a week because they thought my bp was too low. They kept sticking me on a drip and all sorts to raise it. I guess they thought i was bleeding internally. Had to get my gp to phone them and explain I have naturally low bp, which went to 'normal' levels during pregnancy, and i was just returning to my own pre-prego levels.

I know rooming-in is the usual policy, but a midwife friend of mine told me to ask for the nursery nurse at nighttime when I wanted a sleep. They will mind baby in the nursery for a few hours while you get some bit of sleep if you like. (In Cumh anyway). Twas brill to be able to recharge a little bit. Don't know why they don't tell people about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Whatever possessed me to go cleaning out cupboards at 930 in the morning when I'm puking and feeling faint? Seriously need a slap in the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

pwurple wrote: »

I know rooming-in is the usual policy, but a midwife friend of mine told me to ask for the nursery nurse at nighttime when I wanted a sleep. They will mind baby in the nursery for a few hours while you get some bit of sleep if you like. (In Cumh anyway). Twas brill to be able to recharge a little bit. Don't know why they don't tell people about that.

The only time they offered to send the babies to the nursery was when my blood pressure hit 160/102 and I had shakes and twitches which they were afraid was the start of eclamptic seizures. Despite this they still only took the babies for an hour and they were wheeled back to me fairly promptly after the doctor had been to see me and given me a dose of beta blockers. They didn't even have a chance to work before they had the babies back and yet at the same time were telling me to rest! :rolleyes:

Advertisement