Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

pwurple wrote: »
    Congrats on babies! very good idea to warn people about pre-eclampsia. So easy to just put those symptoms down to pregnancy.

I remember that disaster of being stuck in hospital with new baby all on your own, unable to sleep, rubbish food. I was there for a week because they thought my bp was too low. They kept sticking me on a drip and all sorts to raise it. I guess they thought i was bleeding internally. Had to get my gp to phone them and explain I have naturally low bp, which went to 'normal' levels during pregnancy, and i was just returning to my own pre-prego levels.

I know rooming-in is the usual policy, but a midwife friend of mine told me to ask for the nursery nurse at nighttime when I wanted a sleep. They will mind baby in the nursery for a few hours while you get some bit of sleep if you like. (In Cumh anyway). Twas brill to be able to recharge a little bit. Don't know why they don't tell people about that.

We were told the same at our ante natal classes in Hollles street, just ask and the nurse will mind baby for you. I actually know a girl who had a baby there in October, the baby was minded 2 out of the 3 nights for her :) Mount carmel told the baby go to the nursery regardless (they want you to sleep!) and you just get charged for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »
    We were told the same at our ante natal classes in Hollles street, just ask and the nurse will mind baby for you. I actually know a girl who had a baby there in October, the baby was minded 2 out of the 3 nights for her :) Mount carmel told the baby go to the nursery regardless (they want you to sleep!) and you just get charged for it

Yep holles street will mind baby over night for you for a few hours. My fella was feeing constantly and the midwife came in each night at 3 or 4 am when she realised he was still on me and told me to have a rest and she would take him. Was such a relief and was the only bit of sleep I got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Im going to hack my nose off if it doesn't stop running and sneezing... Its the only symptom i have... Grrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Both pregnancies iv had issues with my nose. Between running and sinus problems and vessels bursting causing bleeding iv been drove mental. Think the burning sensations the worst.

My moan is the pulling pain I have either side at the bottom of my bump. Not great when walking nearly carrying my belly in my hands to stop the pulling

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Heartburn is really getting on my last nerve!!! Woke up with it last night about 3 and was still awake at 4.30.

Thought i was starting labour last night too had contractions and some pain but stopped after an hour:'(

Only 4 more weeks to go please god!!!!

• Advertisement

rsl1976 wrote: »
    Heartburn is really getting on my last nerve!!! Woke up with it last night about 3 and was still awake at 4.30.

Thought i was starting labour last night too had contractions and some pain but stopped after an hour:'(

Only 4 more weeks to go please god!!!!

Heartburn is horrific. I never had it before now. I gave in last week and took gaviscon as it was so bad it was waking me up in the middle of the night. The Gaviscon liquid is vile but does the job :) just take it at night and drink milk during the day and chew peppermint chewing gum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Heartburn is horrific. I never had it before now. I gave in last week and took gaviscon as it was so bad it was waking me up in the middle of the night. The Gaviscon liquid is vile but does the job :) just take it at night and drink milk during the day and chew peppermint chewing gum.

Theres an aniseed flavour gaviscon which is horrible but theres a peppermint 1 which isnt half as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    Theres an aniseed flavour gaviscon which is horrible but theres a peppermint 1 which isnt half as bad.

I hold my nose and have a glass of water beside me when taking any of them! Lol. Most rank thing ever!

I am on the peppermint one at the minute I just take 2 tsp maybe twice a day. Maybe the gaviscon tablets would be nicer? Can't believe I was too afraid to take it and suffered so much!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Back is absolutely killing me, especially up at the top around shoulders and neck.

Doctor has mentioned potentially using a TENS machine but the only ones I've seen say not suitable before 37 weeks :/

• Advertisement

I am on the peppermint one at the minute I just take 2 tsp maybe twice a day. Maybe the gaviscon tablets would be nicer? Can't believe I was too afraid to take it and suffered so much!

No tablets are worse. Leave a chalky taste.
    Today and yesterday only needed it once it just depends on what im eating. I have a tendancy to wait and see will it ease which normally means it gets 10 times worse.
    With my daughter though i was taking loads so i wont complain too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Thanks Hello Lady, got my mum to book me into the doctor's on Monday to get my blood pressure checked. Twelve weeks today, so it's about time I saw someone for a check-up!
    Was kinda secretly hoping that they would have a Doppler and let me hear the baby (I've yet to hear the heart) but something tells me he is going to be as callous and nonchalant as he was when he "confirmed" the pregnancy.

No tablets are worse. Leave a chalky taste.
    Today and yesterday only needed it once it just depends on what im eating. I have a tendancy to wait and see will it ease which normally means it gets 10 times worse.
    With my daughter though i was taking loads so i wont complain too much.

I am the same I only take it when it feels there is a bonfire in my chest! I am taking 2 small tsp but only getting relief for around 2 hours! And then it comes back :( it is so sore turning in the bed with bump at night :( would love if baby made an appearance next week!

I am the same I only take it when it feels there is a bonfire in my chest! I am taking 2 small tsp but only getting relief for around 2 hours! And then it comes back :( it is so sore turning in the bed with bump at night :( would love if baby made an appearance next week!

Ugh or the burp that comes up and burns your throat and all. Although ive only had that once ir twice this time.
    Not sure when your due but ive another 11 weeks . Best of luck though.
    I slept all night last night for the first time in months eventhough i had a tooth pulled yesterday. Spd has eased so much its great. Heres hoping that continues.

Ugh or the burp that comes up and burns your throat and all. Although ive only had that once ir twice this time.
    Not sure when your due but ive another 11 weeks . Best of luck though.
    I slept all night last night for the first time in months eventhough i had a tooth pulled yesterday. Spd has eased so much its great. Heres hoping that continues.

I have about another 2 and a half weeks to go! If I go over I will be traumatised! Between the vomiting, heartburn, the insomnia and pain down below I feel like I am being tortured! Not to mention being hyper emotional!!! After my anti natal classes I thought there is no way I will be able to the labour but honestly I think this torture is worse. I am getting that gym ball next Thursday and will be on it every day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Why do people think it is amusing/acceptable to text/email a pregnant woman and ask "is anything stirring" "any sign of the baba" "any movement" I was only due on Friday ffs but even at that, if anything does happens, I will be letting people know. Give me a fecking break. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

When I feel broody (I've 3 already!) I take a read of this thread and all sense of broodiness lifts!!! Wishing you all the best of luck. X

Why do people think it is amusing/acceptable to text/email a pregnant woman and ask "is anything stirring" "any sign of the baba" "any movement" I was only due on Friday ffs but even at that, if anything does happens, I will be letting people know. Give me a fecking break. :mad:

Exactly! Do they think you're sitting in hospital pushing a baby out and are going to stop to text them and let them know that the baby is coming in response?
    I think it's more nosiness than anything :cool:

I got a few messages "Why have you no scan pic up?", "Are you finding out the sex?" "Will you tell me what you're having?" and my favourite so far "Why are you not getting the child christened?".
    People need to mind their own!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

highly1111 wrote: »
    When I feel broody (I've 3 already!) I take a read of this thread and all sense of broodiness lifts!!! Wishing you all the best of luck. X

I'm the exact same. I have a 2 yr old & my baba was 1 on nye. Get v broody with new babies but this thread just brings it all back. Best of luck to all. Lovely ladies on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I am so so weak and faint for the last day or so. Stupid blood pressure gone v low again and add in nausea and puking. Sick to death of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

cyning wrote: »
    I am so so weak and faint for the last day or so. Stupid blood pressure gone v low again and add in nausea and puking. Sick to death of it.

I hear you on that. I'm not back in bed for an hour just to try ease how I'm feeling thank god DH is here to watch J

But I feel guilty goin to bed

Saw a gorgeous pram in a second hand shop today. Absolutely beautiful, so easy to fold and comes with carry cot, accessories and the seat for changing it into forward or back facing pushchair. Only 65 bucks, so I put money down on it amd rang oh so excited. And he went mad. Never felt so horrible in my whole life. Whinging about what happens if it breaks and why would I bother when his mother has offered to buy a new one. I just hung up and texted him a piece of my mind. So bloody upset :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Saw a gorgeous pram in a second hand shop today. Absolutely beautiful, so easy to fold and comes with carry cot, accessories and the seat for changing it into forward or back facing pushchair. Only 65 bucks, so I put money down on it amd rang oh so excited. And he went mad. Never felt so horrible in my whole life. Whinging about what happens if it breaks and why would I bother when his mother has offered to buy a new one. I just hung up and texted him a piece of my mind. So bloody upset :(

Oyvey... other halfs huh? Buy the buggy if it's what you want. I bought second hand on adverts this time and got an absolute bargain. You're saving his mother money in the long run.

January wrote: »
    Oyvey... other halfs huh? Buy the buggy if it's what you want. I bought second hand on adverts this time and got an absolute bargain. You're saving his mother money in the long run.

I tried to tell him that, the same travel system new is almost 600 quid and I figured since ill be the one at home pushing it around 6 days a week while he works that it should be more suited to me.
    But I wasnt expecting to be made feel like a villian for saving everyone a small fortune!

I hear you on that. I'm not back in bed for an hour just to try ease how I'm feeling thank god DH is here to watch J

But I feel guilty goin to bed

I know my hubby back to work on mon and I'm dreading it :( no more naps if she's up teething all night! Stupid eye teeth. And I feel guilty then too... Cause it's holidays too and he really doesn't get much of a break with a hyper 18 month old and a sick wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I tried to tell him that, the same travel system new is almost 600 quid and I figured since ill be the one at home pushing it around 6 days a week while he works that it should be more suited to me.
    But I wasnt expecting to be made feel like a villian for saving everyone a small fortune!
    I noticed you mentioned in the baby names thread that he was very nervous about the baby until you got your 12 week scan, could that be the reason he lost the head a bit? A lot of people feel that buying baby stuff is tempting fate a little bit, so maybe it’s just him being superstitious.

But I agree with January, go ahead and get it, you have plenty of time to give it a good wash etc if he’s worried about hygiene. Your MIL can buy you something else you need, I’m sure there’s plenty! I’m all for saving money wherever I can.

ncmc wrote: »
    I noticed you mentioned in the baby names thread that he was very nervous about the baby until you got your 12 week scan, could that be the reason he lost the head a bit? A lot of people feel that buying baby stuff is tempting fate a little bit, so maybe it’s just him being superstitious.

But I agree with January, go ahead and get it, you have plenty of time to give it a good wash etc if he’s worried about hygiene. Your MIL can buy you something else you need, I’m sure there’s plenty! I’m all for saving money wherever I can.

He seems to be miffed that hes being excluded from the decision making. Im getting told now that I exclude him from everything. Finding it hard to pinpoint what he means since the only decision I made so far was what hospital I was going to. The only other decision was not to have a christening and that was solely his decision. He seems to think the pram is going to crumble to ash after a week. Its a consignment store and the items already washed and comes with a receipt like!

My hubby would have no time for second hand stuff either: he also might be afraid of upsetting his mum? And he would be very superstitious about having anything in the house too. We literally only had the bare basics in the house... And I mean what was for the hospital bag and Moses basket and a steriliser with bottles. It can be overwhelming for dads too because they aren't physically pregnant, and they are worrying about you and baby. It can just take them abit longer to adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

He seems to be miffed that hes being excluded from the decision making. Im getting told now that I exclude him from everything. Finding it hard to pinpoint what he means since the only decision I made so far was what hospital I was going to. The only other decision was not to have a christening and that was solely his decision. He seems to think the pram is going to crumble to ash after a week. Its a consignment store and the items already washed and comes with a receipt like!
    He must be having sympathy mood swings so :D

It does seem like a strange reaction, although I agree with cyning that it's tough for the dads as they aren't living with the pregnancy 24/7 so it can be a bit strange for them, but my hubby would be more on the 'whatever you think' end of the scale. I have to badger him to have an opinion on anything!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

My mum offered to buy our travel system, and I have to admit, I'd have been just raging if my boyfriend announced one day that he'd picked one out and put a deposit on it with no input from me. :o I think my mother would have been a bit upset too, when it was supposed to be her "thing".

If you try to put yourself in his shoes, can't you see how he'd be annoyed over it? I'm sure you would be, if it were the other way around?

Not trying to be mean, sorry. :o I do think he's got a point, though!

Advertisement