Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

clareames wrote: »
    I am dreading baby being born for one reason I'll be crying so much with happiness im afraid it will be mistaken for the baby blues!!

Oh you won't just cry with happiness...you'll just cry. For no reason. Sometimes without any warning. You will sometimes also cry with relief that you're not pregnant any more. Then sometimes you'll cry with exhaustion. On a daily basis you will have a little cry and only half of the time it will be happiness. But don't worry, it would be more of a concern if you didn't cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

no more washing my face so once bubba is born!! ha...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

After my daughter was born 20 months ago. i was in a pharmacy utterly exhausted and the lady helping me was so nice i started to cry. Im still mortified when i go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

I cried yesterday because the bathroom floor was dusty. My husband found me with a hoover in one hand and the other dramatically resting against my head as I sobbed uncontrollably. He laughed. He's a brave, brave man :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It doesn't get any better once you have the baby. Hubby gave me a hug, I bawled. Had a bit of a sob watching Hayley in corrie. Cried in the shower for no actual reason (although I think that one may have been caused by exhaustion rather than hormones! ). Truth be known I don't have to wash the twins hair cos on a daily basis my tears give it a wash when I cuddle them! The sooner my hormones have me weepy only 2 days later month the better! Feel like such a big wuss!

This is my fourth so I'm an old hand at this stage ;)

It gets better :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I was never much of a crier before but since becoming pregnant I've had a few bizzare episodes of near hysterical crying and laughing at the same time :o I start crying over something really silly, then I'll start laughing at how ridiculous it is that I'm crying and before I know it, I'm a big ball of sobbing guffawing snotting mania :rolleyes: Luckily, it has only been witnessed by my OH who got an awful fright the first time it happened but now he just hugs me and laughs (which usually sets me off twice as bad). It's the strangest feeling :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

For those with indigestion who think gaviscon is rank.... Husband just brought me home some Strawberry gaviscon tablets. I think they are new. Waaaaaay nicer than the other stuff....

I am buying them tomorrow.

Little bit chalky as the tablets usually are... And small bit of funny after taste... But for me a million times better than the other 2 flavours... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

They're the ones I use too. They used to have a lemon version too, which was even better, but these strawberry ones are alright.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

My acupunture person told me to stay away from Gaviscon, as it contains high levels of aluminium which has been linked to autism.

Not sure whether to believe it or not but i have been living on milk and rennie :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I've always heard Gaviscon is absolutely fine, but to avoid Rennie unless doctor advises it. :confused: I never heard Gaviscon should be avoided.

I'm lucky that a glass of milk seems to do the job for me, so I haven't taken either so far.

Gaviscon is fine. It even states on the back of the box that it is fine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.... Something which most of OTC products will not state.

John Mason wrote: »
    My acupunture person told me to stay away from Gaviscon, as it contains high levels of aluminium which has been linked to autism.

Not sure whether to believe it or not but i have been living on milk and rennie :(:(

Gaviscon doesn't contain any aluminium. List of actives and excipients here:
    http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/1263/SPC/Gaviscon+Suspension/

Also... What the heck is an acupuncturist doing giving drug advice to a pregnant person. Not qualified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Gaviscon is fine. It even states on the back of the box that it is fine during pregnancy and breastfeeding.... Something which most of OTC products will not state.

Gaviscon is definately safe. I have asked so many doctors and midwives at this stage. They told me there is no limit you can take. Midwife yesterday even was telling me a story about how they give it on the wards. I was limiting myself to spoons a day and they told me to take it as often as needed. I even know a newborn baby who was getting gaviscon I think it is for reflux? As for the autism link I would take all that with a pinch of salt sure the amount of things they say are linked to autism eg vaccinations etc

Your acupuncture person has no medical qualifications to state this. Scare mongering is all they are doing.

January wrote: »
    Your acupuncture person has no medical qualifications to state this. Scare mongering is all they are doing.

"Cue gaviscon debate".... Lol

"Cue gaviscon debate".... Lol

You can even get tablets on perscription I think they begin with a "z" (can't remember the name). They are safe. And I was told if I didn't like the tast of gaviscon to get another one called "maalox".

Millem wrote: »
    You can even get tablets on perscription I think they begin with a "z" (can't remember the name). They are safe. And I was told if I didn't like the tast of gaviscon to get another one called "maalox".

We won't steer into medical advice... but if you're suffering bad do speak to your doctor as there are prescription medications that can be taken.

Millem wrote: »

That would probably be zoton... But as you said these aren't OTC and doc would need to prescribe these

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

pwurple wrote: »
    Gaviscon doesn't contain any aluminium. List of actives and excipients here:
    http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/1263/SPC/Gaviscon+Suspension/

Also... What the heck is an acupuncturist doing giving drug advice to a pregnant person. Not qualified.

well, she got me pregnant - so that to me would make her more qualified than my doctor :P

well, she got me pregnant - so that to me would make her more qualified than my doctor :P

She? Huh??... How did that work??!!... sorry im only joking :)

That would probably be zoton... But as you said these aren't OTC and doc would need to prescribe these

Could be zantac too...

The girl on girl pregnancy story sounds nsfw! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Headaches, headaches, headaches :(
    Every morning it's the same - quick! Two panadol, a bowl of cereal and knock some caffeine back at neckbreaking speed to avoid the vomiting!
    I've an exam tomorrow and I don't need this!! :mad:

pwurple wrote: »
    Could be zantac too...

The girl on girl pregnancy story sounds nsfw! :D

Yes that's them! Sorry wasn't giving medical advice was just making the point the gaviscon is safe and that you can even get doc to prescribe tablets if you need them. Apologies for any confusion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Ugh the getting sick is back :/ I thought I'd managed to leave that bit behind, but two days out of the last trimester (eek!) and its back with a vengeance...

Couldn't find strawberry gaviscon in any of the local pharmacies :( got extra strength chewable tablets though... they seem to work better than the liquid for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it is all I can get,no lemon anywhere:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Could slap my self in the face the whole day today.
    Thought I clear up the Christmas decoration and tripped over a box. I didnt fell but my spd is now soooooooooo bad I am kind of worried I broke something there. Went to bed to lie down for a while but cant turn around anymore at all. Like a beetle on the back grrrrrrr. Even sitting on the couch is painful and walking nearly impossible.
    Was thinking the whole time why I tripped over the box. Now I know I cant see my feet anymore so cant see whats in front of them.

• Advertisement

Siipina wrote: »
    Could slap my self in the face the whole day today.
    Thought I clear up the Christmas decoration and tripped over a box. I didnt fell but my spd is now soooooooooo bad I am kind of worried I broke something there. Went to bed to lie down for a while but cant turn around anymore at all. Like a beetle on the back grrrrrrr. Even sitting on the couch is painful and walking nearly impossible.
    Was thinking the whole time why I tripped over the box. Now I know I cant see my feet anymore so cant see whats in front of them.

O poor you! Maybe see how you are feeling tomorrow and go get checked out? :(

Advertisement