Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭Siipina

Have to go to the gp in the morning anyway see what she ll say. 11 more weeks to go hope it doesn't stay like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Stupid restless legs. Also second babies move much more than first babies (well I feel it more!). So can't get comfie to sleep despite being exhausted...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

January wrote: »
    Couldn't find strawberry gaviscon in any of the local pharmacies :( got extra strength chewable tablets though... they seem to work better than the liquid for me.

The strawberry are tablets, not liquid

Re Gaviscon - yes they do give it freely on the ward. I was on the pre natal ward for three weeks and think I may have achieved a record for Gaviscon consumption!! It got to the stage that they left a large plastic beaker full of Gaviscon with me to sip through the day and another one for night.

There is a different Gaviscon for babies which you can get on prescription for reflux or colic symptoms

As mentioned, Zantac is the other medication that is safe for indigestion in pregnancy but it needs to be prescribed. I was on it twice a day plus gallons of Gaviscon.

Yay, its a bit better already :-) There is hope :-).
    Went to the GP, baby is fine and everything else as well. Only downturn as she could not find the heartbeat she said its because I put on so much weight :-( But it was more cause baby was turning all over the place. And of cause I put on some weight I can move and c exercise and then on top of it we just had Christmas. And I am not thaaaaaaaat big now. grummel.
    Ah well everything else is fine so nothing really to complain :-D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

3 dislocated ribs :(

on the plus side, i cant load or unload the dishwasher/washing machine :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

John Mason wrote: »
    3 dislocated ribs :(

on the plus side, i cant load or unload the dishwasher/washing machine :D:D

Ouch, how'd you do that?

The strawberry are tablets, not liquid

Re Gaviscon - yes they do give it freely on the ward. I was on the pre natal ward for three weeks and think I may have achieved a record for Gaviscon consumption!! It got to the stage that they left a large plastic beaker full of Gaviscon with me to sip through the day and another one for night.

There is a different Gaviscon for babies which you can get on prescription for reflux or colic symptoms

As mentioned, Zantac is the other medication that is safe for indigestion in pregnancy but it needs to be prescribed. I was on it twice a day plus gallons of Gaviscon.

Still couldn't find them... will check in the city centre on Monday when I'm at the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sinus pain, christ. Never had this before. It's like my eyeballs want to explode. Ended up 6 hours in the hospital today. Midwife clinic referred me all over the place with irregular heartbeat. I'm like apincushion from the blood tests. Three batches taken. Furst one was the worst, she stabbed me three times and did that thing with wiggling the needle under the skin to get into a vein sideways. Second was ok, but into right arm. Third one found an awesome vein, which but it bled all over the place. I've 4 inches if bruising. Ecg was on the blink, so had to find another one.

End diagnosis...what the GP said in last checkup. baby head is v high up, putting pressure on heart and lungs, and I've a headcold making me abit breathless as well.

It's great that they are so thorough, but i just want to be in bed. Hanging around a packed hospital with no food or water for hours is ****.

Also, q for the loo was so massive i threw up in the bin. Not myfinest hour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Now im just beginning to wonder what have I let myself in for??!!

Husband went back to work today after 2 weeks off. So first day in a while I've had my one year old to myself. At 7.5 months pregnant I found today soooo hard going. LO is a great sleeper and didnt wake till 9am. But over the past couple weeks has decide he doesn't want to nap during the day anymore. He's not yet walking and always wants up. I can't get anything done coz he won't take his nap. He's so demanding and wants constant attention. And I mean CONSTANT! I adore him and he's the cutest most beautiful thing in the world but I'm just exhausted and my back is in a heap from having to carry him.

If I'm finding it this hard when im pregnant how on earth am I gonna do it when I have a newborn???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

So the boiler totally packed in Sunday night, and we've been without heat ever since. Landlord announced tonight its going to cost 2k to fix and he doesnt have it - and has no idea what he's going to do. Disaster central, no suitable accomodation in our area at the minute, except for one apartment that doesn't mention pets :(

• Advertisement

Ouch, how'd you do that?

It wasn't me, it was the fecking baby. Apparently it is quite common in first pregnancies.

Something to do with expanding ribcage and babies moving.

It wasn't me, it was the fecking baby. Apparently it is quite common in first pregnancies.

O my gosh! Poor you!!!!

The physiotherapist strapped me up last night, and gave me some exercises to do.

She thinks I should be okay in a w eek

:eek: I'm glad that never happened to me!!!

The physiotherapist strapped me up last night, and gave me some exercises to do.

She thinks I should be okay in a w eek

Christ. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thats one strong baby!

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Christ. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thats one strong baby!

25 weeks and I don't even look pregnant, in my normal jeans. I think the baby is squashed up and is trying to break out through my ribs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Jeez john mason thats mad. Hope your feeling better soon.
    Pwurple hope your feeling better after that ordeal.
    Sligo how about waking him earlier in the morning. My lo is a great sleeper and over xmas as we didnt have go get up she was lyin on until 9.30 or 10 then wouldnt nap and would get very cranky in the late afternoon.
    We got back in to the habbit of gettin up early so shes back to taking her hr and a half nap. I NEEEED that nap.

Suucee wrote: »
    Sligo how about waking him earlier in the morning. My lo is a great sleeper and over xmas as we didnt have go get up she was lyin on until 9.30 or 10 then wouldnt nap and would get very cranky in the late afternoon.
    We got back in to the habbit of gettin up early so shes back to taking her hr and a half nap. I NEEEED that nap.

Yea I was wondering about this... I thought maybe wake him at 8. But then people tell me not to wake a sleeping baby....

Then a couple mornings he wakes at 8 and just plays in in his cot for half hour and still doesn't take his nap. He always used to wake around 7.50-8am and take 2 good 1-1.5 hour naps per day. And just over the last 3 weeks its all changed and would be lucky to get 30minutes,..... I dunno... But it's driving me mad....

Yea I was wondering about this... I thought maybe wake him at 8. But then people tell me not to wake a sleeping baby....

Then a couple mornings he wakes at 8 and just plays in in his cot for half hour and still doesn't take his nap. He always used to wake around 7.50-8am and take 2 good 1-1.5 hour naps per day. And just over the last 3 weeks its all changed and would be lucky to get 30minutes,..... I dunno... But it's driving me mad....

You wont know what works till you try. My lo generally sleeps 7.30pm-8am. Over xmas she didnt wake until 9.30 or 10 as no alarms were going off. her bed tine was still 7.30 . So we decided to wake her at 9 for about 2 mornings and now most mornings she wakes at 8.30
    Naps at approx 11.30-1.00 and bed at 7.30 . Shes still getting the same amount of sleep but with the nap shes not as cranky (and neither am i).

Suucee wrote: »
    You wont know what works till you try. My lo generally sleeps 7.30pm-8am. Over xmas she didnt wake until 9.30 or 10 as no alarms were going off. her bed tine was still 7.30 . So we decided to wake her at 9 for about 2 mornings and now most mornings she wakes at 8.30
    Naps at approx 11.30-1.00 and bed at 7.30 . Shes still getting the same amount of sleep but with the nap shes not as cranky (and neither am i).

Yea I think I'm gonna try this in the morning! Thing is... He was always our alarm!! Haha... So I'm gonna have to set one for 8. Fingers crossed it makes him nap :)

• Advertisement

25 weeks and I don't even look pregnant, in my normal jeans. I think the baby is squashed up and is trying to break out through my ribs

25 weeks and I'm like a house this time!

Have my first appointment in the Rotunda on Monday, changing from the Coombe... just a bit of a practical decision for us... Not looking forward to the 8am appointment but hoping someone can explain this stitch I keep getting in my side!

Suucee... Did she go straight back to her long nap the first time u woke her early. It did it take a couple days for we to readjust?

Suucee... Did she go straight back to her long nap the first time u woke her early. It did it take a couple days for we to readjust?

She slept about 45mins the first day. Then just over an hour the second. Now waking herself most mornings around 8.30 and sleeping between an hour and an hour and a half.

Hope it works. I was wrecked without that nap.

Im going to kill my oh. Had just fallen asleep when he decides to go out to the boxing bag in the garage and it woke me. Men....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

25 weeks and I'm like a house this time!

Have my first appointment in the Rotunda on Monday, changing from the Coombe... just a bit of a practical decision for us... Not looking forward to the 8am appointment but hoping someone can explain this stitch I keep getting in my side!

I'm curious about the stitch your talking about. I nearly always get one as I start to walk either around the ribs or over my hip

I'm curious about the stitch your talking about. I nearly always get one as I start to walk either around the ribs or over my hip

Mine is over my hip... always my right hip and I don't even have to be walking for long... Walking from my daughters classroom back to the car seems to be far enough for it to flame up, probably less than 500 metres! I do be wincing in pain by the time I get back to the car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mine is over my hip... always my right hip and I don't even have to be walking for long... Walking from my daughters classroom back to the car seems to be far enough for it to flame up, probably less than 500 metres! I do be wincing in pain by the time I get back to the car...

Funny you say that, I've had a stitch just above my hip all day :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I have the same thing by the sounds of things, doctor said its something to do with an inflamed ligament! I was seriously paranoid because its only started occuring since getting knocked down, but apparently its perfectly normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭LH2013

pwurple wrote: »
    Sinus pain, christ. Never had this before. It's like my eyeballs want to explode. Ended up 6 hours in the hospital today. Midwife clinic referred me all over the place with irregular heartbeat. I'm like apincushion from the blood tests. Three batches taken. Furst one was the worst, she stabbed me three times and did that thing with wiggling the needle under the skin to get into a vein sideways. Second was ok, but into right arm. Third one found an awesome vein, which but it bled all over the place. I've 4 inches if bruising. Ecg was on the blink, so had to find another one.

End diagnosis...what the GP said in last checkup. baby head is v high up, putting pressure on heart and lungs, and I've a headcold making me abit breathless as well.

It's great that they are so thorough, but i just want to be in bed. Hanging around a packed hospital with no food or water for hours is ****.

Also, q for the loo was so massive i threw up in the bin. Not myfinest hour.

I feel your pain my GP sent me to a&e Monday with dizziness , very low BP and fast heart rate ..... Doc there was sooo rude and im battered after them ..... They gave out to me for even going into them though my own doc sent me ( history of heart related issues ) In the end all the hospital said was must be pregnancy related ... Fun times !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I've been admitted overnight AGAIN :( This time it's my bp, it's been bordeline high for the last week but the doctor seemed worried enough at my check up this morning to want to monitor it. No sign of protein in my urine which is good I suppose but still a pain in the hole because I've had to cancel a weekend away that was planned as a sort of 'last relaxing break alone with OH before baby is born' :( Roll on February already please :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I've been admitted overnight AGAIN :( This time it's my bp, it's been bordeline high for the last week but the doctor seemed worried enough at my check up this morning to want to monitor it. No sign of protein in my urine which is good I suppose but still a pain in the hole because I've had to cancel a weekend away that was planned as a sort of 'last relaxing break alone with OH before baby is born' :( Roll on February already please :rolleyes:

Oh no so sorry for you especially that you had to cancel the weekend. But better to get it checked out.

Advertisement